I am still waiting for a good response to the question I posted?

Howdy there all you folks, wuz happening, I dont know. I have a suggestion to
> make here to yal, I purchased a gateway desktop PC from my local library
> yesterday for only 10 dollars right, they said it do not have a operating
> system on it, well it have 128 MB RAM on it though, last night I tried
> installing windows xp home edition service pack 2 right, well its telling me
> that I need to install a full version of an previous version of windows like
> 98, 2000 professional, or Millenium Edition and then I can upgade from that
> and be on my way to surfing online, well all I have is windows xp home
> edition service pack 1&2, and last but not least Windows Vista home basic,
> the upgrade CD, I do not have no full version CD. well I just chatted with a
> microsoft service  representative, they gave me a toll-free number that I can
> call and obtain a bypass product key without having to install a previous
> version of windows, I sure am gonna call it and see can they help me with
> that. I am on the library PC sending this message, yep. any help or comments
> would be greatly accepted. They did not give me a bypass product key and try to help me like I thought they would, nope they didnt. so help me on here someone, I know one of yall should be done experienced that problem with ya PC.
0
town1 (2)

Brad,

A couple things:

1. There was a question?  This doesn't look anything like a question- it's
all a big unclear mess and it sure wasn't obvious to me there might have
been a question involved.

2. Why perchance did you pick this newsgroups out of the thousands that
exist?  This would look to me like a "windows install" type of question.
This question is on Dynamics - an accounting package.  Nobody here would
fall under the an expert on windows installation/registration unless by
accident.  And they surely wouldn't illegally give you any type of windows
registration keys you say you require.

3. The Windows CD you have (I assume legal) is an upgrade version as the
error message is telling you.  An upgrade version means that you need a
previous version of an OS loaded to upgrade from - plain and simple.  Also
as it was an upgrade and not a full install means that you purchased it at a
substantial discount from the "full" version.  While I do work for Microsoft
(but have nothing whatsoever to do with Windows licencing) it seems unlikely
a representitive would give you free keys to unlock the full version of
windows assuming that such a thing exists.  It would seem to me your best
bet is to see if you can get a version of like Windows 98 from eBay or
something.  I'm sure you can get it cheap since it's ancient now.  Once you
have that, install it and upgrade from there.  I'm not so sure how well XP
is going to run with only 128M memory though.  You might be better off
sticking with Windows 98.

patrick
developer support

"Brad" <town@blackplanet.com> wrote in message
> Howdy there all you folks, wuz happening, I dont know. I have a suggestion
>> make here to yal, I purchased a gateway desktop PC from my local library
>> yesterday for only 10 dollars right, they said it do not have a operating
>> system on it, well it have 128 MB RAM on it though, last night I tried
>> installing windows xp home edition service pack 2 right, well its telling
>> me
>> that I need to install a full version of an previous version of windows
>> like
>> 98, 2000 professional, or Millenium Edition and then I can upgade from
>> that
>> and be on my way to surfing online, well all I have is windows xp home
>> edition service pack 1&2, and last but not least Windows Vista home
>> basic,
>> the upgrade CD, I do not have no full version CD. well I just chatted
>> with a
>> microsoft service  representative, they gave me a toll-free number that I
>> can
>> call and obtain a bypass product key without having to install a previous
>> version of windows, I sure am gonna call it and see can they help me with
>> that. I am on the library PC sending this message, yep. any help or
>> comments
>> would be greatly accepted. They did not give me a bypass product key and
>> try to help me like I thought they would, nope they didnt. so help me on
>> here someone, I know one of yall should be done experienced that problem
>> with ya PC.

0
prot1 (1345)

2K7 question
Is there a way in E2K7 to make a particular message always send a message out in plain text format? Is that just an Outlook setting? Thanks! ...

Question #3
Hi I have some data that I graph. Column A has a date [has data in 12 rows] Column B has a data entry (number) [has data in 1st 6 rows] Column C has a data entry (number) [has data in 1 st 6 rows] Column D has a formula that calculates a % on column B & C [formulas in 12 rows] The graph range I have covers the whole 12 rows but it seems to read the formulas in col D and plots every row Is there something I can add to my formula that stops the graph from plotting it unless there has been an answer returned in it? Formula I have is : =IF(B5+C5<1,"",(B5-C5)/B5) Thanks ...

Registry question
Hello Group, I have an application that saves some configuration data in the registry system (under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\MyApp\ConfData) of the currently logged on user. This way, every user who runs this app will have his own configuration data. When a user runs for the first time this app, the 'MyApp' registry key will be created along with all its subkeys. Now suppose we have 3 users and all of them have already used the app. We will then have the 'MyApp' subtree created for these 3 users. What I want to know is that when the PC admin wants to uninstall the app, how...

Defrag question #3
I have a windows 2000 server that's a file/print server and Exchange 2000 also installed and running on the same box. I was wondering what is the best way if I want to run defrag and scandisk on the disk drive? I guess I'm asking because exchange is running on the box and I don't know if I run defrag and scandisk will I run into problems or cause the database problems. Thanks for your help. John In article <4D7A888F-B293-400C-A77C-DC379DDF4BDF@microsoft.com>, John@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I have a windows 2000 server that's a file/print server and Ex...

ADMT Tool Question
I'm trying to run this tool without success from a Windows 2003 native domain to extract accounts from an NT4 domain. Is this possible? Windows 2003 server Domain: Windows 2003 native mode Forest: Windows 2000 NT4 server sp6a http://www.petri.co.il/active_directory_migration_tool_usage_nt_windows_2003.htm "bobs" <myname@yourdomain.com> wrote in message news:e27m%23Km4FHA.2532@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I'm trying to run this tool without success from a Windows 2003 native > domain to extract accounts from an NT4 domain. Is this possible? > > Window...

2008 SBS questions... 07-04-10
I am trying to get a 2008 sbs running as efficiently as I can & was wondering about a couple of things. 1) I know it wants to be the DHCP server on a network, but what about for wireless clients? I have a wireless sonicwall TZ-170 for wireless laptops to connect to. They really don't need network access, just internet, so can I leave this running, as long as the addresses it hands out aren't in my same network? 2) Although the bought an SBS, the customer is not & probably won't be running exchange for a while. Can I remove exchange all together? I really see no rea...

Question about Application behaviour,...
Hi, i have a simple MFC Application, that shows me the System Memory Usage. But after a while the Applications GDI Objects Count grows to something about >8.000 GDI Objects and its Virtual Memory (not much but step by step too) in less than 5 Minutes. I can see with ProcessExplorer that the application does have a high count of page faults. I cant figure out why! The System then starts to react slowly. The Timer invokes every seconds the member function with the code following this text, sets the Position on a progress bar control and raws a transparent text on the surface of the prog...

non responsive
I am having major problems with outlook xp becoming non responsive as it begins checking emails. I have deleted office and reinstalled added updates, restarted the computer so many times without success. Anti virus is up to daye have run disc scan nothing and still the problem persists - any clues "mark" said in news:216a01c3fc49$a2426be0$a401280a@phx.gbl: > I am having major problems with outlook xp becoming non > responsive as it begins checking emails. I have deleted > office and reinstalled added updates, restarted the > computer so many times without success. A...

Multi-language support question
We have an MFC application that uses ADO, ATL components to communicate with a SQL Server 2000 database. Our application is currently English only and we are making the conversion to support multiple languages. The text in the application is read in from a table so translating the text itself won't be a big deal programmatically. The text is loaded at log in and we can just autoswitch to the appropriate data based upon who the user is. My concerns are with different character sets, how the different languages impact the OS (how we set the character set in the OS automatically)...

DNS Question
Hello All, I am working with a customer that has 2 Small Biz servers in the same office. These are on 2 domains, but the same subnet. I am having trouble getting mail to route between the 2 domains. Each is Small Biz server 2003. Domain A has a public IP of 72.151.19.122 and an internal IP of 192.168.200.78. Domain B has a public IP of 72.151.19.123 and an internal IP of 192.168.200.250. We are using a Netgear firewall and inbound and outbound mail between each of these domains and the rest of the world works fine. They just can't seem to talk to each other. I would think this woul...

>>>Notice of Delayed Response Times<<<<
------=_NextPart_0001_48190A22 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Dear partners, Thank you for your patience during our recent service delays due to flooding in the Fargo area. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and are working diligently to restore the service level you have become accustomed to receive with this service. We appreciate your patience as we work through posts and inquiries in the order they were received. Thank you for participating in the partner online technical communities! Jen Mehrer Microsoft Partner Newsgroups Suppo...

Question re:clustered column w/3D visual effect
I have Excel 2003 Why wont the 3D chart allow you to drag it more open? There is a large open area between the left side and the axis that looks jerky :) In a plain clustered column chart you can click inside to make the frame appear and drag it larger or smaller as you desire. In the 3D, clicking only allows you to change the angles of the 3D box. Am I missing something? thanks, Meenie This should be a hint to avoid the 3D effects. 3D charts are inflexible, but more important, the 3D effects mask the information in the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc....

Question about CRM and Great Plains Integration
Can I create invoice when I invoice a contract in CRM and then show the record in the Great Plains ? Thanks in advance ...

Still recieving e-mail for deleted users
We are receiving e-mails for users that were been deleted from our server years ago. Does anyone know how to block these e-mails. We have a SPAM program that allows you to blacklist but it does not stop the messages from coming through. Create ea distribution list containing no members, but which has all the long-gone users' smtp addresses. This is called a blackhole DL. Exchange will accept the mail but silently drop it - no NDRs, no storage. -- hth, SusanV "RB" <pr@epley-pr.com> wrote in message news:574a01c40071$05a154a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > We are receiving...

Check box question 04-23-07
I have a form with a check box used to indicate if a receipt is voided or not. What I'm trying to do is go to a new record after the checkbox is marked. I have the following code in place and it works. Kinda. The problem is that if I then go back and UNCHECK the check box, it sends me to a new record again. Here's the code: Private Sub Check43_AfterUpdate() If Ckeck43 = Yes Then DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec Thanks for any help! End Sub The following works fine for me. If Me.Check3 = True Then DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec so try If Ckeck43 = True Then DoCmd.GoToRecor...

CHtmlView question #3
Is there an easy way to get the source of the HTML document? On MSDN online, there's a GetSource(CString& str) listed but that's apparently not implemented in VC++ 6.0. ...

Data Import/ Data Map Questions
Hello, I am developing a solution that will allow various new and updated entities to be loaded from several source systems into a Microsoft Dynamics 4.0 installation on an ongoing basis. There are some up- front components to the solution that detect new/changed source system data that are custom but I wanted to be able to use the built-in Data Import facilities within 4.0 to take the data from Excel files and load it into the CRM. I've looked at the sample code in the SDK and have been able to write code that will do this, including use of Picklist and Lookup (ie parent account) type ...

Newbie questions (and maybe I need a 1hr tutorial for some $)
Hello, I am a competent vb6 programmer and understand a bit of C structures. However the C++ system is mystifying me..I simply will have to learn it to now.... I have 2 questions. 1> Can anyone tell me how code "Program 4. Microphone Select" at http://www.codeproject.com/audio/ADMixer.asp can be changed to simply self close by clicking the IDOK button routine programmatically? This is the simple effort that triggered my current angst.! (I 'think' need to set a state in BOOL CSelectDlg::OnInitDialog" to fake the IDOK event or trigger to the OnDestroy routine). Fr...

Question about Enable-ExchangeCertificate Command
I am trying to eliminate (more specific to my previous thread) the security alert in Outlook 2007 when opening up the program attached to Exchange 2007 with a public SSL cert and connecting to Exchange through the private address. I am seeking information about the Services column in the get (or enable)-ExchangeCertificate Command. I think I am on the right track here in that I can somehow tell Outlook to use the internally generated certificate instead of trying to use the public certificate. Can someone tell me which of the services options I should enable so that Outlook uses it i...

A simple mail merge question
How do you change the return address on envelops printed using mail merge? I don't understand the question. The return address will be whatever you tell it to be when you set up your merge document. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Nina" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b16b01c3ec17$335b99f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do you change the return address on envelops printed > using mail merge? ...

Summary of Responses
I use to able to view the "Summary of responses" from recipents that i sent mail to, the mail indcluded voting buttons "Yes, No" etc but for some reason it has stopped working when clicking on the summary link nothing happens, running exchange 5.5 and outlook 2000. ...

Invoices not posted to GL
In the process of creating a P&L Report in Crystal, we discovered that there's a list of about 600 transactions in SOP and RCV modules which ARE NOT located in the GL. We've tracked down that they have the following common characteristics: Batch Source = *Sales Entry Document Status = Posted Also, they are not stuck in the Master Posting section since all our transactions post through the GL. Any ideas how we can trick the system into posting those transactions to the GL? If I changed them all to "Unposted" would they appear somewhere where we could post them...

Simple Newsgroup Questions
I'm new to Newsgroups. I'm subscribed to Microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb. I've posted 2 messages but I can't get the third to post. I saw it for a few minutes, then it was crossed out and said "no longer available from the server". Also, I can't seem to get more than 300 messages displayed. I'd like to be able to download and search through thousands. I've tried increasing the number of headers to download, but when I click on 'Download Next 1000 Headers', it seems to do nothing. In the microsoft.public.outlook newsgroup, I can see over...

Front-end question
I don't understand very well, how FE server function.... Just download "Using Exchange 2000 Server and Exchange Server 2003 Front-End Servers"but i don't understand how FE and BE comunicate in a multiple server scenario! if i have more than one FE server, how i understand which BE use which FE, when a client send a determinated mail?! I hope that my question is not very generic, for a syntetic answer....thank to all "MMC" <ryuken_26@yahoo.it> wrote: >I don't understand very well, how FE server function.... >Just download "Using Exchange 200...

Stupid question about SPS & Excel data modification
Hi, I have a stupid question here: while using SPS2003, I can modify the data of the list webpart in excel sheet (either by the OWC or Excel), after click the sync button, it could write the data back to the SPS2003 (to save the data to the SQL Server through SPS2003). How could this happened ? Can anyone tell me some concept of this ? Or show me the topic / technical information for me to learn ? ...