Human Resources - Applicant Questions

1.  When we try to add an interview to an applicant, it never adds the
interview to the bottom grid.  We can't type anyting in the grid below.  What
are we doing incorrectly?

2.  We know about the offer letter for applicants, but are there other
Letter Writing Assistant reports for applicants.  It appears to be just for
employees.

0
jcschram (3)

GUI thread question
I have a Win32 application which call a Dialog based regular MFC dll. On the dialog box, there is a button which will create a GUI thread: void CDialog_Dll_Main::OnBnClickedStartThread() { // TODO: Add your control notification handler code here CWinThread* m_pThread = AfxBeginThread(RUNTIME_CLASS(CMyGUIThread)); } In the CMyGUIThread::InitInstance(): BOOL CMyGUIThread::InitInstance() { // TODO: perform and per-thread initialization here m_pMainWnd=new CDialog_Thread; m_pMainWnd->SetForegroundWindow(); m_pMainWnd->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); return TRUE; } Error here: m_pMain...

Questions a/b suspense accounts, Classifications
I am using M04 and have generally avoided the issue of different dates for related transactions (e.g. credit card payments where payments are categorized as a transfer but the dates of the actual transactions are different in the credit card and checking account). Usually I just make a note in the memo field of the target account recording the date the payment posted. As I've gotten more accustomed to using Money and managing my finances in general, I've decided that I want to use a suspense account to more accurately reflect what is going on and have a record of the "transit&qu...

3rd Party Resources
Hi there... I am trying to change some property(lock and unlock) of a HR window using Trigger. I was able to register the trigger but not able to reference any of the fields in the HR Window. Any suggestion? Thanks and regards. Arasu, Have you read David Musgrave's: Pushing the Limits with Dexterity? It's a good reference for dealing with third-party dictionaries. Warner "Arasu" wrote: > Hi there... I am trying to change some property(lock and unlock) of a HR > window using Trigger. I was able to register the trigger but not able to > reference any of t...

question in 'C++'
Why this will not work? I have a class pointer create from file stream and want to call the class' protected member function. So I derived a class and make the caller its friend. Then use 'c' type cast and call from there. It compiles and works, but not the result that it should be. Class A { protected: void a(){} void b(){} public: virtual void c() { a(); b(); } } class B { A* pA = fromfile(); pA->c(); // problem here, I just want to call pA->b(); } so I changed: class D : public A { public: A(){} Virtual A(){}; friend class B; } now in class B { A* pA = fromfi...

XML formatting question.
Hi All: For example, I load a XML file with DOM. XML file like this: <root a="a" b="b"/> Then I want to save and format this file like this: <root a="a" b="b" /> But I find that I can not insert CR and Tab char between attributes. Help me, please! Fiveight Which XML parser are you using? Most of the one's I've seen have a separate XML formatter (SAX parser?) that allows you to set up the format for how files are written. In any event, except for visual it doesn't matter how the file is written. Tom "fi...

Move Cluster Resources
Hello ... I have Windows server 2003 Cluster , installed the excahnge server 2003 in both node ... i have problem when move the Exchange Group from node 1 to 2 there are two resources failed , which are : Exchange Message Transfere Agent Instance (Virtual Server) Exchange MS Search Instance (Virtual Server) thanks ... ...

A question about MoveWindow()
hi,all I got a question about movewindow, I want to full screen my window which is a pop up window. void CDlgVideoPlayer::OnSize(UINT nType, int cx, int cy) { CDialog::OnSize(nType, cx, cy); // TODO: Add your message handler code here if(nType == SIZE_MAXIMIZED) { CRect rect; CWnd *pDesktop = GetDesktopWindow(); if(NULL != pDesktop && NULL != pDesktop->m_hWnd) { pDesktop->GetWindowRect(&rect); MoveWindow(rect);//Here, rect is (0,0,1024, 768) GetWindowRect(&rect); //But here, the rect is (-4,-4, 1032, 74...

Install question
Hello, can I have SQL Server 2008 Express with advanced services with SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Evaluation installed on the same machine ? Thank you Gilles On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 07:49:10 -0700 (PDT), Gilles Koffmann <gilles.koffmann@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello, > >can I have SQL Server 2008 Express with advanced services >with SQL Server 2008 Enterprise Evaluation installed on the same >machine ? > >Thank you >Gilles Hi Giles You should be able to do this, have you tried and failed? John ...

xml/rid question
I am using Visual Studio 2003/C# I created a new xml schema/xsd file (Project Create new item->Dataset) I then added Elements to the schema using the designer From the toolbox I then created an instance of my dataset. I then dropped a grid (Infragistics UltraWebGrid) onto my form, and bound the grid to my dataset. At runtime, I configure the columns of the grid, get some records from the Employee database (SQL Server2k), and add some rows to the grid. The user then enters some data into various cells of the grid. I am now ready to update the database with the contents of the grid. What ...

Supporting multiple human languages (e.g. English, French, ...) in MFC UI
What's the best approach to supporting multiple languages in an MFC application? I'm expecting to have to have different builds, but I'd like it to be efficient if possible. Thanks. TimHunt, In my experience, for two (or three, if it is one small app) languages, having resources for the different languages in the same exe is ok. More than that, resource DLLs is the way to go. Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "TimHunt" <timwhunt@yahoo.com> a �crit dans le message de news:On918c3lDHA.2488@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > What's the best approach to supporti...

IMAP question
One of my email accounts is set as IMAP. When I open outlook it connects to the account and checks email. However, if it is diconnected from the account for some reason, it would not connect to the account again (even if I try file connect to...). I have to close outlook and to open it again to get connected again. How can I solve this problem? ...

Recipient Policy questions #2
Hey guys I wanted to change my addressing scheme from the current lame one to something like %g_%s@domain.com. When i change this ...will all my users email address' automatically update to these new address' ? or do i need to make other changes? Also...is there a way to keep those old address alive for a bit (via forwarding/connecting) so we dont miss anything...or will this perm remove the old ones? thanx SteveMAster Keep the old addresses, insert new address in Recipient Policy and set it as default. This will ensure when recipients hit Reply they see the correct ad...

Windows resource kit
There are 2 ways to create a Windows NT Service. 1. By writing your own code for creating a windows service 2. Using windows resource kit and create a service. Can somebody tell me the advantage and disadvantage of Windows resource kit? TIA, Sanjeev Kumar http://www.coolcampus.8k.com I never heard of the second method. joe On 2 Jun 2004 05:02:47 -0700, sanjeev_magoo@yahoo.com (Sanjeev) wrote: >There are 2 ways to create a Windows NT Service. > >1. By writing your own code for creating a windows service >2. Using windows resource kit and create a service. > >Can som...

=IF VLOOKUP Question
This one works =IF(G8<>"",VLOOKUP(G8,List!$B$1:$Y$100,21,0),"") This one does not =IF(C8<>"",VLOOKUP(C8,List!$B$1:$Y$100,3,0),"") the 3 and 21 are columns at the present time I have 630 rows on this worksheet C8 is a cell that I called "Listing Number:" on my "List" sheet I created a new column - the rows are numbered from 1 - 630 when C8 is filled with a given number all the cells with the above formula will fill with information. Frank Kabal helped with the working formula but there are some dates that have more one ...

sending questions
I have managed to reach you from my local library. Most of the time when I select "new thread" nothing opens for me to write on as here. Please someone advise me how to make contact without going to the Library! -- Thanks, Ajimmo ...

Check box questions (2)
Hi, sorry if this has already been answered somewhere before but trawled through and couldn't find anything. I am using check boxes to perform calculations based on TRUE or FALSE 1. How can I get the cell link in the Format Control to update if copy and paste several rows with several check boxes further down th sheet? Ie. one check box links to C3 but I want to copy that whole row dow one and have the check box autoupdate its link to C4. 2. How can I get a sum of multiple IF results from my check boxes? For example: =(IF(A1=TRUE,50,0))+(IF(B1=TRUE,50,0)) So that if both check boxes ...

Questions on Business Portal
Can anyone help me with these quetions: 1. Does the Business Portal support Apples’ Safari web browser? 2. What version of SharePoint is needed to support Project Time and Expense Reporting? Thanks. LR 1.) Some parts of Business Portal use ActiveX controls. I don't believe Safari runs those? 2.) Business Portal 3.0 (for GP9) needs WSS 2.0 Business Portal 4.0 (for GP10) needs WSS 3.0 or Sharepoint 2007 "LR" wrote: > Can anyone help me with these quetions: > > 1. Does the Business Portal support Apples’ Safari web browser? > 2. What version of SharePoi...

Human Resources Paysteps
Gentlemen Can i anyone tell me how to make Paysteps affective? i followed the documentation step by step, and setup all the required stuff, built the table, and linked it to salary paycodes. Its always returning the mesage "A pay amount cant be located for the step and date" Pease advice. Thanks Wissam A.Baki MS Certified GP Master What are you doing when you receive the message? In HR system prefs, did you mark the checkbox to "Use Pay Steps/Grades"? Are you sure the Pay Step Table has a column with effective dates that include the current date, and a row that in...

Hyperlink question #8
Why is the "Search this forum" hyperlink not working. Is there another way to perform a search? Larry -- keithl816 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21287 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=490011 ...

newbie question...
Hi, I would like to get a confirmation about a very basic thing on a exchane 2k. I would like to define limits on the email usage (incoming and outgoing max size and the storage size) on a server basis. But there is some users that requires more space than what will be allowed. does the configuration sets "by user" will "overwrite" the server settings? example: the servers limits incoming mail size 5MB outgoing mail size 5MB total storage size 50MB but user1 needs 100MB and 10MBincoming outgoing. (sorry for asking this right away, i know that RTFM would have give...

Unable to view Employee card from Human Resource.
Hi... We are on Dynamics GP 9.0 and we setup an employee with access to Human Resource but when that employee tries to access an Employee card from Inquiry --> Human Resource --> Employee option it will throw this error message. "You don't have security privileges to open this window. Contact your system administrator for assistance." Accessing the card from Cards --> Human Resource --> Employee --> Employee will through the same error message. I tried re-assigning her right through following steps. - Go to Tools --> Setup --> System --> Security optio...

Resources Auto Accept
Hello, We are having problems getting our Auto accept for our resources(meeting rooms etc)to work with Outlook 2003. We are using Exchange server 5.5 I would therefore appriciate any help on how we could make this work Thanks Henrik ...

Question
I have theis table sereial room type Name JoinKey 1 DBL absfcii 1 2 DBL gfgfh 1 3 SNGL kkjjjk 2 4 SNGL sdjfksd 2 The Question Is How can i count DBL in JoinKey 1 as (ONE) Only How can I count SNGL in JoinKey 2 as (ONE) Only This SQL will do it. It assumes that the tablename is tblRooms. Note that you should not have a field named NAME. Change it to something like RmName. I also ...

File Share Witness
Please help me understand something - I think I get the concept of using a file share witness in CCR, however, I have read that it is suggested that this server also be a Hub Transport Server. How can this be if a Hub Server is not cluster aware? Isn't the file share witness server configured to be part of the cluster? On Jan 31, 12:25 pm, PM <P...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Please help me understand something - I think I get the concept of using a > file share witness in CCR, however, I have read that it is suggested that > this server also be a Hub Transpor...

Recovery Partition Question
A friend had a system crash and resinstalled windows 7 using the factory disk. They selected the option to create a recovery partition. All was well but they were not paying attention after it was created and when they went to install programs and save programs they saved and installed them on the recovery partition. It is now almost full. Can he remove or delete files he does not need ? If so what should remain? Also is there a way to block this from happening in the future. Thanks Nash55 ...