HRM self service employee change history

As changes are made and passed on to either another level of approval or GP,
a history or trail of some sort to re-reference should be kept in either BP
or GP.  at this point there is no looking back.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=b7134fd8-3862-4845-b738-0d9b705dbc40&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Schmidt (4)

Investment
Money 3000. Money has incorrectly classified my Stocks as Mutual Funds. How can I change that? In microsoft.public.money, Denis wrote: >Money has incorrectly classified my Stocks as Mutual Funds. >How can I change that? This could have come about when converting from Quicken. When you convert a custom data type from Quicken, it generally comes over as a fund. It is not trivial, but not as hard as it first appears. A few minutes should do it for each stock. In the details, remove the existing symbol, and rename the existing "mutual fund" to something you will never use. L...

reason for reactivating an employee?
Hello: Let's say that you inactivate (fire) an employee in Payroll. Later, you reactivate (uninactivate/rehire) him. Is there a way to get the system to prompt you for a reason as to why you are rehiring him? Thanks! John You could use VBA and the DUOS table. "childothe1980s" wrote: > Hello: > > Let's say that you inactivate (fire) an employee in Payroll. Later, you > reactivate (uninactivate/rehire) him. > > Is there a way to get the system to prompt you for a reason as to why you > are rehiring him? > > Thanks! > > John ...

self-checkout
Has anyone developed a web based or rms add-on that allows self-checkout. Looking for ability for customers to scan product, swipe credit card and check-out by themselves. Need a simply process. ...

finding the results of changing 4 variables
Hi, I'm working on a 10 year financial forecasting model for an investment fund. The end result is to calculate the IRR. There are 4 variable inputs I would like to change, and observe how the IRR changes as those inputs change. In other words, I would like to play with changing two different fees, the fund size, and the expected return, and see how changing those impacts the IRR. Is there a way to do this on one sheet without manually changing all these inputs? I think Scenario or Data Tables might do it, but I'm not sure. Thank you. You might try this template...

Email service for members...
We are an association (ABC.org) that offers an email service to our members that allows them to sign up for an email address that ends in the same domain as that of the staff at our headquarters. For ex, a doctor could sign up for: drJohnson@ABC.org and provide a 3rd party email of drjohnson@yahoo.com so all email sent to the @ABC.org is forwarded to the yahoo account. Currently, our ISP maintains a list of all doctors that participate in this service and filters for email sent to those email addresses and fwd's them to the 3rd party address so they never reach our Exchange server. ...

create self-generating numbers with letters and numbers
i am trying to create a workbook which the first page is the customer information page. this is done... now i need to use the first two letters from each cell containing the first and last names... now i need to add the current date in ddmmyy format NO PUNCTUATION...followed by a dash and 0000 which will increase by 1 each time the name cells are filled in. i would also like to add auto "save as" with this generated number as the name of the work book. every customer gets a new work book for each job ( 1 cust / 10 jobs = 10 work books ) this is what i am looking for; cu...

Apointment time Changes
I have a group of users that when they send apointments or receive apointments they time changes by an hour.. for example they send me a 3:00PM apointment ill get it for a 4:pm apointment.. they are on the same network as i am.. same exchange server... no one else has this problem.. has anyone come across this problem?.. any help would be great! Thanks Chris The settings to adjust for daylight savings time are in Windows as well in Outlook Calendar options. Both need to be checked. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Chris" <Chris@discussions.m...

Reporting Services 2005 Developer Edition and CRM 3.0?
Can someone confirm whether or not this is supported? I may have solved my earlier problem if the Developer Edition of SQL is not supported. Alan Any idea as to why the developer edition is no good ? Don't see why as a developer, i need to fork out for another version of SQL 2005. "Alan Whitehouse" wrote: > Can someone confirm whether or not this is supported? > > I may have solved my earlier problem if the Developer Edition of SQL is not > supported. > > Alan > > > SQL Server Developer Edition is not supported by CRM 3.0 - You need E...

Only service module exists
I just install a MS CRM pro edition 3.0 on a separate server. and there is only one user(domain administrator) in the domain. When i login CRM with the user, it only have Service module exists, but when in the user profile it seems the admin can access every module. What's the problem? By default, the account used for installation (Sys Admin role in CRM) will be in RESTRICTED ACCESS mode. Users in restricted access mode will NOT consume CAL license and have limited functionality. In CRM, click Settings | Business Unit Settings | Users | open the user profile and uncheck RESTRICTED ...

Changing server IP pitfalls?
We are planning to move our servers to a new building which is on a different IP subnet than the current infrastructure. Our domain is a little tree in our forest on a large WAN. Currently we're connecting to root servers back in the US. What are the recommended steps to take when changing the IP addresses on servers in a native AD forest tree? I only have 2 servers at this location. Both are Win2k DCs and one is running Exchange 2000. I'm hoping to minimize any 'surprises' when making this move, but I've never attempted such a feat. Make sure that port forwarding on y...

HRM SSS proxy workflow
When modifying workflow process for Timecard on Behalf of, implementing the supervisor in the approval process doesn't go to the employee's supervisor it goes to the employee who entered the timecard on behalf of another employee. Users want this to go to the employee who time is entered for. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Micr...

Windows Service won't start
Hi all, I going thru the MCSD course and I am creating a Windows Service. The Service compiles with no errors and I can install it using "Installutil" with no problem. But when I go into Services and try to start it I get the following error message. "Could not start the RemoteAccessAgent service on Local Computer. Error 193: 0xc1" Does anyone know what this is and how to fix this? Thanks in advance for your reply. Larry Hurlbert --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.556 / Virus Database: 348 ...

When I attach it always defaults me to My Documents
When I attach it always defaults me to My Documents - how do I change default? I want it to go to the network where all of the documents are that I send out rather than the c drive my documents folder. See http://www.swinc.com/resource/outlookdefpath.htm Also - you might want to consider changing where My Documents points to - you don't mention your OS or whether you're using roaming Windows profiles, but if you want to store everything on the server, right click on My Documents and you should be able to change the path it points to. I always set My Docs to point to the user'...

Sharepoint Services 3.0 & Business Portal
I am planning a Business Portal 3.0 installation soon. Is this compatable with Sharepoint Services 3.0? fakaul, Thanks for using the newsgroups. BP 3.0 is only compatible with WSS 2.0. BP 4.0, which will be released this year, is compatible with WSS 3.0. Thanks, Rob -- Rob Bernhardt Software Quality Assurance Microsoft Business Solutions This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "fakaul" wrote: > I am planning a Business Portal 3.0 installation soon. Is this compatable > with Sharepoint Services 3.0? Is BP 4.0, which...

Track Changes 02-12-10
Hiya, When adding comments (with track changes) in various documents, I get this error in the status bar of Word: "This modification is not allowed because the document is locked" Even though there is no document protection turned on! I can add to the text of the documents without problems. Running Office 2003 Pro with SP3. Any ideas? Thanks ...

can not change size of windows for word or excel docs #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Often when I open an excel or word document it opens in a small window in the upper left corner. i can not resize or enlarge the viewing window. I have tried dragging the lower right corner, toggling the green and yellow buttons on the top left, changing the VIEW and selecting the "FULL SCREEN" optin in the VIEW menu. It sounds like you've not applied the necessary updates to Office - SP2 (12.2.0) & 12.2.1, and possibly not the OS X 10.6.1 update. Especially if you're using Spaces the windowin...

Canadian HR Self Services Module Installation
I believe I need the Canadian HR Self Services module but I do not see this as a selection on my Registration / installation of modules. My key should allow for installation of all modules. Does anyone know where I can install this module from? ...

Installing Reporting Services on Business Portal/SQL Server 2000 box
I have Windows 2003 Server running SQL 2000 and Great Plains. I've also got the Business Portal running on this box, but when I installed Reporting Services it didn't work correctly. I'm getting the following error message: Parser Error Message: File or assembly name Microsoft.BusinessFramework, or one of its dependencies, was not found. Source Error: Line 74: <add name="WindowsAuthentication" type="System.Web.Security.WindowsAuthenticationModule" /> Line 75: <!-- <add name="Session" type="System.Web.SessionState....

Change display of the Global Address Book
Is there a way to change the default Global Address Book view, i.e. to move columns around? Do you mean modifying the details template? http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3AdminGuide/b86454bb-3368-4f9c-90c8-ec17553daf44.mspx?mfr=true Nue "jrf" <jrf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C874C130-7174-424C-A5C3-FDE1867932D3@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to change the default Global Address Book view, i.e. to > move > columns around? ...

change the formula by changing contents of cell
I have a table that ranks a list of players by their statistics, for example, when I change cell B2 to "walks", my formula (large) lists the player with the most walks in cell B4, 2nd most in B5, 3rd in B6... that works well because more walks are good. But, when I change cell B2 to "strikeouts" I want it to list the player with the fewest number of strikeouts in B4, next fewest in B5 and so on. Is there a way to change the "large" function to the "small" function within the formula? I have set up a helper cell (C2) that changes fro...

form displaying --WEBBOT-SELF--
Hi, i am trying to get a responce through a form and want my the form to be mailed to me.After configuring the submit button to my mail id and after uploading i am getting --WEBBOT-SELF-- message. i have confirmed the presence of FP extensions through _vti_inf.html .i am using Ipswitch Professional to upload my wbsite.However i am unable to upload any file using HTTP although FTP is working fine. Can anyone tell me whatz wrong with the site??? For forms to work you have to have FPSE installed and working. Using third party ftp client usually will break the extensions. You HAVE to publi...

Which service pack is installed
How can i know on sql server which service pack is installed? Roy Goldhammer (royg@yahoo.com) writes: > How can i know on sql server which service pack is installed? Check out serverproperty() in Books Online. Or look at the status bar in SQL Server Management Studio! -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se Links for SQL Server Books Online: SQL 2008: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/sqlserver/cc514207.aspx SQL 2005: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/sqlserver/bb895970.aspx SQL 2000: http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/previousversions/books.mspx...

Sitemap error after language change
Hello, I have installed language pack for MS CRM 4.0 (Chinese) but the base language is English. The Chinese language pack has been enabled without any problem for one specific user. Now when I am selecting the Chinese language in the user specific settings under Tools -> Options -> Language and as I click “Ok”, it is throwing an error: “The application cannot start because of an error in the sitemap”. After this some of the data is coming properly in Chinese language but the workplace is coming in English only. Entity tab are also missing, system tabs are coming in Chinese but ...

Upgraded from OWA 200 to OWA 2003, no change pass. button
My OWA 2000 was configured to let people change password. OWA 2003 has not certificates installed (certificate was being provided by F5 BigIP switch) . After upgrading FE to OWA 2003 (Exch2003 SP1), I see that "Change Password" is not even visible anymore in OWA. I see that IISADMPWD virtual directory still exists under /webmail folder. I go to the article below http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Securing-Exchange-Server-2003-Outlook-Web-Access-Chapter5.html and I see that I need to have "DisablePassword" regkey enabled in order to display the "chage password"...

Self created forms
Could somebody tell me where outlook 2003 stores self created forms? Thanks That depends on whether you saved the form as an .oft file, published it, etc. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Thomas Frisch" <thfrisch@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eazeGp2DFHA.3452@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Could somebody tell me where outlook 2003 stores self created forms? > > Thanks "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <...