HRM Approval by Manager and Manager's Manager

We would like there to be a way that HRM uses a company's organization chart
to allow multiple levels of managers to approve their own task items, as well
as the tasks of those below them (if those people are gone unexpectedly or
only need a certain task to be completed on their behalf).  There is a task
transfer option, but that will only work if you know ahead of time that you
will be gone, and that you can transfer all your pending tasks to the same
person.  So, basically, we want the manager/supervisor of another
manager/supervisor to be able to complete the tasks of anyone below him or
her, on an as-needed basis.  This would be especially valuable if the task is
approving timecards on the day payroll needs to be run and a supervisor is
out of the office.

Thank you,
Margaret Saville

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=8984616f-5993-46ef-9b0d-cbd0ab825ff2&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

That's EXACTLY what is needed for one of my customers too.  Since this
functionality doesn't exist right now, is there any kind of a work around?

"M. Saville - Newtek Accounting Systems" wrote:

> We would like there to be a way that HRM uses a company's organization chart
> to allow multiple levels of managers to approve their own task items, as well
> as the tasks of those below them (if those people are gone unexpectedly or
> only need a certain task to be completed on their behalf).  There is a task
> transfer option, but that will only work if you know ahead of time that you
> will be gone, and that you can transfer all your pending tasks to the same
> person.  So, basically, we want the manager/supervisor of another
> manager/supervisor to be able to complete the tasks of anyone below him or
> her, on an as-needed basis.  This would be especially valuable if the task is
> approving timecards on the day payroll needs to be run and a supervisor is
> out of the office.
>
> Thank you,
> Margaret Saville
>

> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=8984616f-5993-46ef-9b0d-cbd0ab825ff2&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
FatRichie (12)
7/11/2007 9:48:06 PM
Sorry, there isn't any workaround that I know of (other than having the upper
level manager log in as his/her "lower" manager to approve to do items while
the "lower' is away).  I was told by Microsoft to enter this as a product
suggestion--they had no workarounds to offer me.
"FatRichie" wrote:

> That's EXACTLY what is needed for one of my customers too.  Since this
> functionality doesn't exist right now, is there any kind of a work around?
>
> "M. Saville - Newtek Accounting Systems" wrote:
>
> > We would like there to be a way that HRM uses a company's organization chart
> > to allow multiple levels of managers to approve their own task items, as well
> > as the tasks of those below them (if those people are gone unexpectedly or
> > only need a certain task to be completed on their behalf).  There is a task
> > transfer option, but that will only work if you know ahead of time that you
> > will be gone, and that you can transfer all your pending tasks to the same
> > person.  So, basically, we want the manager/supervisor of another
> > manager/supervisor to be able to complete the tasks of anyone below him or
> > her, on an as-needed basis.  This would be especially valuable if the task is
> > approving timecards on the day payroll needs to be run and a supervisor is
> > out of the office.
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Margaret Saville
> >

> > ----------------
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=8984616f-5993-46ef-9b0d-cbd0ab825ff2&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
Thank you VERY much for the info!

"M. Saville - Newtek Accounting Systems" wrote:

> Sorry, there isn't any workaround that I know of (other than having the upper
> level manager log in as his/her "lower" manager to approve to do items while
> the "lower' is away).  I was told by Microsoft to enter this as a product
> suggestion--they had no workarounds to offer me.
> "FatRichie" wrote:
>
> > That's EXACTLY what is needed for one of my customers too.  Since this
> > functionality doesn't exist right now, is there any kind of a work around?
> >
> > "M. Saville - Newtek Accounting Systems" wrote:
> >
> > > We would like there to be a way that HRM uses a company's organization chart
> > > to allow multiple levels of managers to approve their own task items, as well
> > > as the tasks of those below them (if those people are gone unexpectedly or
> > > only need a certain task to be completed on their behalf).  There is a task
> > > transfer option, but that will only work if you know ahead of time that you
> > > will be gone, and that you can transfer all your pending tasks to the same
> > > person.  So, basically, we want the manager/supervisor of another
> > > manager/supervisor to be able to complete the tasks of anyone below him or
> > > her, on an as-needed basis.  This would be especially valuable if the task is
> > > approving timecards on the day payroll needs to be run and a supervisor is
> > > out of the office.
> > >
> > > Thank you,
> > > Margaret Saville
> > >

> > > ----------------
> > > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> > > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
> > > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
> > > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> > > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> > >
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=8984616f-5993-46ef-9b0d-cbd0ab825ff2&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
FatRichie (12)

portfolio manager not updating all investments
Last week I set up online updates with my brokers. Everything went fine, but now one of my broker accounts does not give current price when I update prices in portfolio manager. I get zero in last price for both stocks and mutual funds. I am using microsoft money plus. How can I fix this. In microsoft.public.money, richard wrote: >Last week I set up online updates with my brokers. Everything went fine, but >now one of my broker accounts does not give current price when I update >prices in portfolio manager. I get zero in last price for both stocks and >mutual funds. I am ...

HRM SSS proxy workflow
When modifying workflow process for Timecard on Behalf of, implementing the supervisor in the approval process doesn't go to the employee's supervisor it goes to the employee who entered the timecard on behalf of another employee. Users want this to go to the employee who time is entered for. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Micr...

Error when opening public folders using system manager
I get an error everytime I try to open or expand public folders in the system system manager. The error is as follows: The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found. Facility: Win32 ID no: c0072afc Exchange System Manager I have installed exchange SP1, this did not resolve the issue. HELP HELP>> ...

What is the Manage For?
Hi, When I am adding Users it asks for a Manager which is a lookup field. What is the role of manager and what is it for. Since after adding a user, the manager field will become read only. Regards Sassan The field isn't read only. You just need to modify it via the Actions..Change Manager menu item. It is basically informational data about your users. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Wed, 11 May 2005 06:48:14 -0700, "Sassan Komeili Zadeh" <SassanKomeiliZadeh@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Where do I find the Public Folders on EX2007 "Exchange Managment Console"
In the process of upgrading from Ex2003 to Ex2007 - I have set all my Public folders to replicate to the EX2007 server (Via the EX2003 Exchange System Manager) - where do I find the public folders in the Ex2007 Exchange Management Console? Once my Exchange 2003 server is removed, I won't be able to access them through that! Thanks! On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 16:14:49 +0100, "Sparks" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote: >In the process of upgrading from Ex2003 to Ex2007 - I have set all my Public >folders to replicate to the EX2007 server (Via the EX2003 Exchange System ...

How to deal with a running workflow item when an approver is unavailable?
I created a workflow which is a simple out of the box two person approval. An item has been submitted into the workflow. The initial approver is out of the office, and I'd like to mark it as approved. I went into the workflow status page, clicked on the item, and clicked approved - but the approval was rejected as the item wasn't assigned to me. I then logged in as the sharepoint admin, and tried approving the item, but again, the approval was rejected. Is thre a method by which an admin can either delegate approval of a running item to another individual? At the very le...

Picture Manager
Is FrontPage the same as Microsoft Office Piture Manager? -- Ferret Mom This is for Windows XP Pro. -- Ferret Mom "PK" wrote: > Is FrontPage the same as Microsoft Office Piture Manager? > -- > Ferret Mom Nope. -- Tom [Pepper] Willett Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997 --------------------------- "PK" <PK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F066CF83-51E5-4F88-839C-8268F2B2EF06@microsoft.com... : Is FrontPage the same as Microsoft Office Piture Manager? : -- : Ferret Mom Where do I find help with that? -...

Business Contact Manager #45
I have recently instaleld the Outlook Business Contact Manager for Outlook, but the only thing I see the added help file under Program Files. I searched this file to tell me how to start it, but there is no reference to it anywhere in the Outlook Help menu or any other menu. I don't see any changes, or add-ons in Outlook or the Contacts. I am using Office Pro 2003, OUtlook connecting to Exchange on a SBS 2003. Any tips? Attila microsoft.public.outlook.bcm is probably a better place to post this question. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep t...

HRM Attendance
I have a question regarding HRM Self Service. Is there a way to import / add Holidays into the system so that when an employee applies for a vacation it automatically takes into account the holiday? Also in the employee Center --> Profile --> Modify, the phone numbers come up in US preformated, thus making it impossible to change them. Is there a way to correct the html code on the Business Portal and remove the phone# format as we do in GP? Regards Stefanos ...

accidentally approved match
I'm using Money 2007 Premium. I have an outstanding check to my brother-in-law Kevin for $1000.00. Yesterday, I downloaded my recent transactions from my bank. Included was a cash withdrawal I had made at the bank for $1000.00 -- the equal amount being a complete coincidence. Money didn't show a payee for that withdrawal and asked if it were the same transaction as the outstanding check to my brother-in-law for the same amount. It asked me to approve or reject a match between the two transactions. I accidentally clicked "approve" and Money instantly marked the out...

Exchange Server Management Pack Guide
Do I need MOM to run the Exchange Server Management Pack Guide on a Exchange 2003 Server? Thanks in advance Rick The management pack guide is just a Word document. Do you mean the pack itself? Nue "Rick" <drummer10980@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1150133167.988870.274140@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com... > Do I need MOM to run the Exchange Server Management Pack Guide on a > Exchange 2003 Server? > > Thanks in advance > > Rick > Sorry, yes the pack itself... Rick Nuevo wrote: > The management pack guide is just a Word document. Do you mean ...

calendar / diary for workforce management?
Hi, I hope someone can help. We run a business where we have 3 or 4 consultants out on client assignments and need to schedule their time for the future work, and and check availaibility etc. What I am looking for is something (hopefully simple) which has for example a list of people on the left column, and a monthly (including weekly & daily) rows on the top. If this can also; a) highlight weekends and b) recalculate for next year and so on...all the better Sorry if my question is a little naive. I'm convinced this must have been done plenty of times? Any help appreciated. T...

oulook.exe/winword.exe linger in task manager
Hi there Please can you help with this problem ... I'm using Word as my email editor. When I close Outlook (as just before I shut down my machine), I notice that both Word and Outlook linger in the Task Manager. I can't open either Outlook or Word again without ending both processes in the Task Manager, and my machine takes a bit of time to shut down (at least an extra minute before each process must be manually ended). When I use Active Ports or similar utility, I notice that Outlook continues to communicate with the Exchange Server for some time (hours) after I have closed i...

Deleting Items in Manager
I wanted to delete some items from the database. I went into the item maintenance and selected delete item. I had assume that referential integrity tells me if the item was used in transactions and thus not allow me to delete the item. After I did not get any error messages I assumed that everything was correct. Running a detailed sales report now shows me some sales without item numbers. Querying the transactionentry table shows me that those are the items I had deleted. Well, I thought I just would create those deleted items again but that did not "correct" the sales repor...

Event Planning/Event Management Add-On
Does anyone know of a good add-on to handle event planning? It appears that Axonom sells a product. I'm not sure it's compatible with CRM 3.0, though. The screen shots are from 1.x. We're looking for an add-on that will help us plan our annual user conference with about 300 attendees. Before I go off and build our own custom entities to handle this stuff, I thought I'd see what's out there. Our requirements are pretty basic: - Track attendees to the event, and which training sessions and activities they'd like to attend. - Payment information including total fee...

HRM vacation requests
We're trying to get the vacation requests working from Business Portal and here's I'm getting lost. After the request gets approved what gets updated in the HR module? I was expected the vacation calendar to have an entry for a planned absence. If it doesn't happen there where can an HR or HR Manager see the approved vacation requests? Also, does the approved vacation request make any attendance transaction or does that only occur when the submit a timecard? Nothing gets updated in GP. Employee has to input the vacation again in the timecard. Sometimes Microsoft hav...

i need an Access or Excel template for managing a driving school?
My requirements are Customer and Diary management so i guess i would need to hold info on Customer Details Lesson Plans Payments What are the additional functions that you are looking for? You can have a few columns to do all that if you just want to store it. "elmbeck" wrote: > My requirements are Customer and Diary management so i guess i would need to > hold info on > > Customer Details > Lesson Plans > Payments All I want is to be able to link a customer database with my diary.(i.e. select from list of customers to allocate time in my schedule). I wil...

Portfolio Manager Proble
I am using MS Money 2006. My Problem: "Portfolio Manager" (PM)doesn't show all transaction compare to "Invesment Transactions" (IT). Many Investments transactions fpr Buy/Sell stocks or options from IT doesn't show up in PM. I do have turn ON "Show Closed Transactions" and "Show closed accounts". I used MS Money versions from 2002 to 2006. This problem start only with 2006. Any ideas? Thanks. .... and Second problem with PM: In version 2006 , I start using online download transactions versus manual input before and now Totals in PM and IT ...

Custom View for Managers
I have been asked to create a view for the managers in my group where they can see for just their directs the time they have posted to their tasks. Can someone explain how i can do that. If they are using My Tasks and submitting time to the PM's for approval and getting those hours approved and loaded into the schedule and then re-published back out, you could create a data analysis view using the MSP_Portfolio_Analysis Cube that shows the resource actual hours vs. planned hours and/or baseline hours along with any project or resource custom field information. For exampl...

Integration Manager not catching error
Recently I've been having users post SOP batches that have invoices without distributions. The source for these particular batches is Integration Manager; the invoices are created in a non-GP program from data in another one of our financial systems. 1% of the time there will be an invoice that is created without distributions; the original business user (who has come and gone) and myself knew that these would occur. I have documentation elsewhere to determine what accounts are correct when adding the distributions through Sales Batch Entry or in the source IM files. Anyway, whe...

Year End Payables Management
I have a quick question on Payables Management - we are reading through Year End Closing Procedures for Payables. We understand we can print checks dated January 2, 2009 and not post them until year has been done, but can we post January invoices before doing year end (we need this to print the checks). Thanks! -- Sarah Shea Sarah, See if my reply to this post from a few days ago helps answer your question: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.greatplains/browse_thread/thread/12bdc9b55f446738/bd2fa667c505484f?lnk=gst&q=Payabales+2008+closing+procedures#bd2fa667c505484f ...

How to approve multiple existing POs if PO Enhancement is installe
Hi, we have some existing PO's already and we would like to install PO Enhancemnets to our database. I see from our test server that after PO Enhancement is installed all the existing PO (one's created before PO Enhancement is in place) are all unapproved and I cannot seemed to see them in the PO Enhancement window unless I've open the PO at least once in the Purchase Order Entry Window. Is there a quick way that I can approve all the existing PO at once without trying to open them in the Purchase Order Entry Window at least once? Thank you very much. ...

M7 PORTFOLIO MANAGER
For some odd reason, I am unable to open the portfolio manager in v7. Also, I can open an investment account and view the cash and investment transactions but when I go to the summary, I am unable to view anything. This started this evening and the only thing I've changed on my machine since the last time I viewed th portfolio manager is the install of IE8 beta. I've also tried the file repair with no success. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance. Joe In microsoft.public.money, JoeM wrote: >For some odd reason, I am unable to open the portfolio manager in v7. Also, ...

Excel 2002 and Microsoft Virtual Desktop Manager
This isn't a question, just a bug report I'd like to give to the community. Unlike Office for Mac, Office XP doesn't have the "user feedback" option, so I'll post here: The Microsoft Virtual Desktop Manager (available as a Windows XP Powertoy) and Excel 2002 don't mix. When running Excel on one desktop (non-shared was tried), leaving it up (not minimized), switching to another, and then back, causes all of Excel's toolbars, entry bars, and menu bars to disappear. All that is left is the worksheet, the scroll bars, the stuff on the bottom, and the title bar...

Memory Management Problem?
Forgive my rather wide posting of this note, but I was uncertain of where I would find the best help. I am working on a class that is basically providing a secure location for name/value pairs to be stored by the application. I am using TripleDES encryption and having a very odd problem that appears to be related to a memory management issue in the CLR. I have the 1.1 .NET Framework installed and I am using VS.NET 2002. I have a class whose definition begins like so: Public Class cSecureConfigFile ' internal constants Private Const BASE_XML As String = "XML crap here" ...