HR Requisitions access

I am unable to give access applicant requisitions for the company, division,
position and department fields.  This same user is able to enter these fields
on the employee maintenance card.  I have tried everything I can think of in
the security setup but can't get past this.  We don't want this person to see
any actual payroll information (wages, etc).

Thank you for any help with this.

Tracey D

Accessing separate mailboxes from one account (on two separate, networked computers)
I posted a message several days ago asking about this, but still haven't got it worked out. I've got one broadband email account on two networked computers, both using Outlook 2000 configured for Internet Only mail. I want each computer to receive its own respective email, however, I have double checked, and each computer has only its own respective email in the settings in Outlook. However, the main computer receives its email and can receive email from the second computer), but the business computer only receives email sent to the main computer. I checked the Charter Webmail, ...

51. Wiener Access Stammtisch Einladung (14.08.2007)
Wiener Access Stammtisch http://access.primary.at/ access.st.wien@gmx.at Liebe Accessler, ich m�chte Euch hiermit zum 51. Wiener Access Stammtisch einladen. Termin: Dienstag, 14.08.2007, ab 19:00 Ort: Lokal "Fantastica, Pizzeria", Wagramer Stra�e 154, A 1220 Wien ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Fantastica, Pizzeria http://www.fantastica.at/ pizza22@fantastica.at pizzeria@fantastica.at 1220 - Wagramer Stra�e 154 Restaurant, Italienische K�che Telefon: 203 75 39, Fax: 209 15 21 �ffnungszeiten t�glich 09.00 - 23.00 Gastgarten, durchge...

where to get Access drivers for Excel?
I am working on importing Access databases into Excel (learning) and I need the drivers for importing data. Where to find them? Thanks Should be installed already but if you're having problems like error messages have a look here for adding drivers you need. Start>Settings>Control Panel>Data Sources(ODBC) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 1 Jul 2007 04:17:54 +0530, "dindigul" <padhye.m@gmail.com> wrote: >I am working on importing Access databases into Excel (learning) and I need >the drivers for importing data. Where to find them? Thanks > ...

Access Is Denied
Dear Mdm/Sir, When I try to access a file that share at the server, I was received an "access is denied" error message. The file and folder was confirm that everyone have read only access. But when I re-try again, it work fine. So May I know what is going on ? Is it the hardware limitation or the software limitation ? Thank You ! I'm using MS Excel 2000 and Server is windows 2000 server. Reg, William It sounds to me like you were shut-out at the software level, and when you called up and inquired, they just gave you access at that time and pretended like you had it al...

only display active HR benefits
There is no option to mark a master HR life, retirement or health benefit as inactive. In addition to being able to mark a master HR benefit record as inactive and roll-down changes thru HR and Payroll, it would be significantly helpul to clients with a lot of plan and therefore code changes each year if there was a setup option to 'only display active HR benefits' in the lookup windows when creating/editing employee records. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, clic...

CDN Payroll and HR
Are there any companies out there...actually running this ..successfully??? We have just upgraded to 8.0 Thanks MLF We have just started the HR side however we are using 7.5 still working out the bugs. We won't be upgrading to 8.0 not until those bugs are worked out. Good Luck! "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" wrote: > Are there any companies out there...actually running > this ..successfully??? > > We have just upgraded to 8.0 > > Thanks > > MLF > Be very carefull updating as it caused one of our companies not to upgrade properly.....

Life Insurance table in HR module
Is there any way to increase the decimal places allowed for Insurance Rates? For example our payroll is processed weekly, but the life insurance rate is monthly. So when it is $0.25 / 1000 per month that is $0.577 /1000 per week and the system ONLY allows 2 decimal places. Anyone worked around this? -- Mark VA Yes, allow three decimal places for deductions. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Mark" wrote: > Is there any way to increase the decimal places allowed for Insurance Rates? > For example our payroll is processed weekly, but the life insurance rate is > monthly. So ...

Sizing a form in Access 2007
I've been working with Access for the past decade, and recently upgraded to 2007. I've created several forms but can't figure out how to make them the size I want in display view. In older versions all I needed to do was pull in the left side and bottom of the form and minimize to the size I wanted. 2007 doesn't appear to have this ability. I was able to get the display size I wanted by setting the form to popup and modal, but this keeps the form on top. I tried pulling the form under the ribbon. This allows reports opened with the form to display, but I can...

Export Fields in Design View of Access to Excel
Is there a way to take the fields in the Design view of a MS Access table (Field Name, Data Type and Description) and export that or copy and past it to excel? So for example, as we create our tables, we have Field Name Owner Data Type Text Description Owner of the Contact How could I export that...not the actual data in those fields but the field properties essentially? Did that make sense? Dano On Aug 21, 3:32 pm, SteveM <Ste...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Curious...why would you want to do that? > > You can get these field properties through VBA and then use ...

GP9, BP Requisition string length: Truncate is your friend!
We seem to have some wordy requisition creators here who tend to make very long entries in the ItemDescription field. We receive a length error when those Requisitions are converted to Puchase Orders. We do not allow requisitions to be edited once they've received final approval. We would like the system to truncate the excess characters and finish the conversion! The message is similar to: Message The string length is greater than the maximum allowed. Parameter Name: ItemDescription Actual Value was..... The string length is greater than the maximum allowed. Parameter Name...

Setting form size in Access 2007
I have a forma the only opens up maximized. i want to have it in a cardsize looking view like the one used in the template "contact management." My also only shows the close button in the right top corner. -- Albert Vancouver, Canada ...

access installation
My dell computer came with Microsoft works. I have Office 97 from my old computer that I want to install on my new dell to use access. When I did the new install after deleting Works, I get the message " Microsoft Access can not start becuase there is no liscense for it on this machine" The software is all installed but this message keeps coming up. any suggestions? Thanks This is a common - and fixable - bug. The following link explains what to do: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;141373 hth, -- Cheryl Fischer Law/Sys Associates Houston, TX &q...

Accessing different email accounts
I'm resubmitting the following as my old submission is now buried. Problem: I'm running Office Outlook 2003 but can't find how to switch accounts. I have created a separate POP email account but have sent test emails to it and cannot find them - help very much appreciated. I would add that previously used AOL and there you just went to "Switch Accounts" - surely it isn't this difficult in Office Outlook? David "David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4AD435EC-6479-4090-9413-92A5DD016A0F@microsoft.com... > I'm resubmi...

Currently locked record due to too many users (>4) on Access?
We get a Could not update; currently locked message when we try to add a new record, though no users are accessing the record. Seems to add OK to our main table - problem seems to be adding records to a linked table. Only difference I can tell from previous use is that there are 5 users on the database and I wonder if that has an effect on locking...using Access 2003 on XP SP2 on a Win Server 2003 server network "MnTAPBob" You said all tables are in one database file, so there is only one database. The tables then are not linked, but have relationships between each othe...

Slow access speed when connecting to SQL Server from Access Front End
Hi, I have an MS access Application Front end which used to communicate to another access database through linked tables.I was given a task to link the front end to SQL Server and when the whole application was linked to SQL Server. now the application front end works but very slow on performance when compared with acess to access version. I am using SQL Server Driver to connect to SQL Server back end. Pls advise what is the reason that the speed is so slow. Thanks, Shaleen SQL server is indeed a high performance system, and also a system that can scale to many many users. If you write ...

Has anyone converted an MS Access VBA project to .Net?
I am looking for any information regarding the conversion of an MS Access VBA project with backend of Oracle to either Visual Basic or VB.Net. Has anyone done any conversion like this and if so, do they have any recommendations, issues to share? Thanks! ...

Exchange Access Denied problem?
Hi, Running Exchange 2003 now for a while and have the next problem. If I want to add a user of change a user in my AD then I get the next error Access is Denied ID NO: C0070005 Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension And also this error with the system manager Access is denied. Facility: Win32 ID no: c0070005 Exchange System Manager No matter what I start from exchange I get always this error??. I log in as Administator I have already search on the net and found this by m$ http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2Fservicedesks%2Fbin%2Fkbsearch.asp%3FArticle%3D323915 ...

HELP
I'm sure this may have been asked before but I'd like people's opinion about when you would consider using access instead of Excel. I am starting development of an application that will act as a interface to collect / update data with approximately 10 tables (o sheets). Main User tasks will be: - review data in the interface - Make Additions / changes / flag for delete - filter data to smaller subsets of data - search for specific keywords - print report / list of data My users are very familiar with excel and this slighly puts me off th access interface. However, I do beli...

HR
My company frequently has to override the Worked Hours Per Year, under the Additional Information button on the Employee Maintenance Screen. When the number is changed without changing the Employee Class (The employee class doesn't need to change), we are not given the option to save with a reason for change or an effective date. Is there any way to save changes to the Worked Hours per year so we can have this option without changing the Employee Class? -- Becca McElroy I'm not aware of a way to force the system to provide you with a prompt for reasons for change for fie...

Convert Interbase 7 tables into Access 2000
Hello, Do you know an easy way to get Interbase 7 tables in an Access 2000 mdb ? Thanks, Eddy Hello, If there's no way to export the data to Access from Interbase then you would have to save the data in Interbase tables as one of the file formats that Access can import such as Excel, Text, Dbase, etc. Hope this helps! Ki ...

Which Version of Access is running
Hi, Some function does not work in all Access versions. How can i check which version of Access, the user has. We have office- 2000 and -2003. In Access 2003 i can use Application.version to see it, but when i use the file in Access -2000 there be compile error. Does anyone now how I can check version in -2000. (in Excel the Version function exists). //Lasse Simplest way to get the major version number is: SysCmd(acSysCmdAccessVer) If you need to know the service packs as well, see: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-53code.html#GetAccessVersion There's a sample app at: http:...

How do you reconcile Vac/Sick time between HR and payroll in GP 10
How can vacation and sick time be reconciled in GP 10.0? If you go to Utilities>>Human Resources >> Reconcile. There is not an option to reconcile just "reset Payroll vacation and Sick Time Information". I would like to reconcile the times between both modules. -- Thanks for your help In V10, you can have more than two buckets of PTO tracked and accrued, so it is no longer stored in the PR vac and sick time buckets like it was in prior versions (this is why there are new instructions on how to add the PTO buckets to the payroll check, as it uses a new array fiel...

HR Filters should be applied to HR Applicants
HR Filters should be applied to Applicants in the same manner as they are to Employees. For example, if I have five applicants that are setup with Management as their department and have applied filters – selecting other departments to view but not management – my five Management applicants should not be able to be viewed by the user that the filters were applied to . ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do no...

Outlook Web Access...
We're using Small Business Server 2003 & several of our sales people use the outlook web access for email. When creating a new email, is there any way to be able to hit the "To" button & just have it bring up a list of addresses from the contacts, rather than have to search for them? In news:uRwhp63RGHA.4688@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl, Mike <mikey117@hotmail.com> typed: > We're using Small Business Server 2003 & several of our sales people > use the outlook web access for email. > When creating a new email, is there any way to be able to hit the ...

VBA in Access 2007
I'm a newbie to Acces, I'm playing with VBA in Access 2007, is there a way to generate a report that contains an amortization or depreciation schedule? eg cust wants a depreciation schedule using SYD Method. Cust fills in parameters, clicks SYD Button, and gets a report that can be printed or that spools directly to printer? On Mon, 24 May 2010 18:59:01 -0700, Val A <Val A@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: The SYD function is not built-in Access VBA. There is a way to invoke Excel functions from Access, but that requires more than can be expected from a beginner....