HR Reason Code and VBA

When changing pay code rates there is a dialog that pops up allowing the user
to enter an effective date and reason code. Is there a way to get to this
dialog box in VBA? This particular dialog does not seem to trigger
BeforeModalDialog or AfterModalDialog.

TIA,
Jim

That's because it's not a modal dialog.  You know this because there is a
drop list on it and modal dialog only have Yes/No/cancel, or OK or such.

It might be modal however meaning that you have to use the hotkey to add it
and the fields to vba.  Control F-11 and Shift - F11 I believe - check your
menu before the window opens to verify.

patrick
developer support

"Jim Griffin" <JimGriffin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When changing pay code rates there is a dialog that pops up allowing the
> user
> to enter an effective date and reason code. Is there a way to get to this
> dialog box in VBA? This particular dialog does not seem to trigger
> BeforeModalDialog or AfterModalDialog.
>
> TIA,
> Jim

0
prot1 (1346)
11/28/2007 3:58:14 AM
That did the trick. Should have thought of that on my own. ;)

Thanks!

"Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:

> That's because it's not a modal dialog.  You know this because there is a
> drop list on it and modal dialog only have Yes/No/cancel, or OK or such.
>
> It might be modal however meaning that you have to use the hotkey to add it
> and the fields to vba.  Control F-11 and Shift - F11 I believe - check your
> menu before the window opens to verify.
>
> patrick
> developer support

> "Jim Griffin" <JimGriffin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When changing pay code rates there is a dialog that pops up allowing the
> > user
> > to enter an effective date and reason code. Is there a way to get to this
> > dialog box in VBA? This particular dialog does not seem to trigger
> > BeforeModalDialog or AfterModalDialog.
> >
> > TIA,
> > Jim

How do i execute a VBA function by clicking on an excel cell?
I am trying to open a file in a program (Microsoft) by clicking on an excel file. Initially I tried a regular hyperlink, but excel seems to ignore the [filename] part of: c:\directory\ustation.exe [filename] where [filename] is the actual name of the file. Excel only opens the program, not the file as well. Where as this DOES work as a command prompt from a command window. So I have written a function in VBA which does work. But I can't get excel to execute the function when I click on the cell, like a hyperlink. How about just putting a little button from the Forms toolb...

VBA coding
Hi everyone I am very new to vba coding. Though time to time I record macros. Some I want to edit my macro but I don't the vba codes. It there a place where all the codes/coomanda are stored. thanks Nadeem Hi the easiest way to access your macros to edit them is to choose tools / macro / macros, click on the macro you want to edit and press the EDIT button - you'll be taken directly to the appropriate code. (to get back to the workbook you can either close the code window, using the top X or use ALT & F11 to switch back and forth between the VBE Window & the workbo...

only display active HR benefits
There is no option to mark a master HR life, retirement or health benefit as inactive. In addition to being able to mark a master HR benefit record as inactive and roll-down changes thru HR and Payroll, it would be significantly helpul to clients with a lot of plan and therefore code changes each year if there was a setup option to 'only display active HR benefits' in the lookup windows when creating/editing employee records. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, clic...

VBA for Excel 2000 file is corrupt
Hello, I have a strange thing. There are different functions which are creating some excel sheets, in these excel sheets is temporarily data created and after the create the sheets are deleted. With Workbooks(Substn_WB) Worksheets("temp_KV").Delete Worksheets("temp_CBTYP").Delete Worksheets("temp_XFMR").Delete Worksheets("temp_LINE").Delete Worksheets("temp_DCLN").Delete End With The temporarily data is used for three existing sheets which where before the create and after the create still there. If the excel file is closed by: Workbo...

Populating a ComboBox from VBA with 2 columns
Hi I need to populate an excel combo box with recordset fields i already retrieve from an SQL Database. I need to columnes code and description. For example: Employee ID and Employee Lastname. Y need to show the Lastname in the combo and retrive the selected Employee ID from it. I tried ComboBox.AddItem() But I could only add an item with one field. How can I add the couple Employee ID - LastName? (I discard the concatenation method). Regards Daniel If those values are on a worksheet in adjacent columns, you could pick up that range and dump it into an array. Then use the array to f...

CDN Payroll and HR
Are there any companies out there...actually running this ..successfully??? We have just upgraded to 8.0 Thanks MLF We have just started the HR side however we are using 7.5 still working out the bugs. We won't be upgrading to 8.0 not until those bugs are worked out. Good Luck! "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" wrote: > Are there any companies out there...actually running > this ..successfully??? > > We have just upgraded to 8.0 > > Thanks > > MLF > Be very carefull updating as it caused one of our companies not to upgrade properly.....

Calling GP existing report from vba code
Dear All, Can anyone show me that how to call the GP reports from VBA code. Best Regards, -- Habeeb. ...

Life Insurance table in HR module
Is there any way to increase the decimal places allowed for Insurance Rates? For example our payroll is processed weekly, but the life insurance rate is monthly. So when it is $0.25 / 1000 per month that is $0.577 /1000 per week and the system ONLY allows 2 decimal places. Anyone worked around this? -- Mark VA Yes, allow three decimal places for deductions. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Mark" wrote: > Is there any way to increase the decimal places allowed for Insurance Rates? > For example our payroll is processed weekly, but the life insurance rate is > monthly. So ...

HR
My company frequently has to override the Worked Hours Per Year, under the Additional Information button on the Employee Maintenance Screen. When the number is changed without changing the Employee Class (The employee class doesn't need to change), we are not given the option to save with a reason for change or an effective date. Is there any way to save changes to the Worked Hours per year so we can have this option without changing the Employee Class? -- Becca McElroy I'm not aware of a way to force the system to provide you with a prompt for reasons for change for fie...

How do you reconcile Vac/Sick time between HR and payroll in GP 10
How can vacation and sick time be reconciled in GP 10.0? If you go to Utilities>>Human Resources >> Reconcile. There is not an option to reconcile just "reset Payroll vacation and Sick Time Information". I would like to reconcile the times between both modules. -- Thanks for your help In V10, you can have more than two buckets of PTO tracked and accrued, so it is no longer stored in the PR vac and sick time buckets like it was in prior versions (this is why there are new instructions on how to add the PTO buckets to the payroll check, as it uses a new array fiel...

Reasons to use OUTLOOK over ACT! 6.0?
Is there an advantage to using OUTLOOK over ACT for contacts and followup on contacts? Is ACT and OUTLOOK basically the same product, different vendors? I have never used ACT but I am sure these two are probably close to being the same. Outlook is a more commonly used product then ACT, so if you have problems you would probably be able to to find a fix faster then ACT. There are lots of features with contacts / tasks and allowing users to share specific things with other users. I hope this helps you out a little! Thanks "BoDEAN" <jbo@not_a_valid_email_addy.com> wrote in ...

IncludeText Field Code
I am experimenting with creating a master document from several subdocuments using the IncludeText code. So far, as long as I don't mess up the path, it works well. My question is this: When I list each IncludeText field on a separate line in the "master" document, the resulting imported text includes the paragraph return at the end of the line with the field code and this means that I end up with a double return between subdocuments. The only way I have found to work around this is to, essentially, place all of the field codes in the same paragraph. It works, but f...

Passing a range from worksheet to VBA function
Hi all - I have the following function: Function regression(x, power()) For i = Lbound(power) to Ubound(power) regression = regression + x^i + power(i) Next End Function and wish to use the following in Excel =regression(A1, B1:B3) But I can't seem to get it to work. What am I missing? Thanks! Ryan On Nov 19, 12:46=A0pm, R Beck <R B...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi all - > > I have the following function: > > Function regression(x, power()) > =A0 For i =3D Lbound(power) to Ubound(power) > =A0 =A0 =A0regression ...

Modify Code
I am trying to access the Itemlookup code for an item when an item is added to my screen (using hook 4).. The code I currently have loops through all the items I have on the screen. All I want is the ItemLookupCode for the item added to the screen Currently this works but loops through all my items on the screen. Dim E As Object ' QSRules.TransactionEntry For Each E In Session.Transaction.Entries LookupCode = E.Item.ItemLookupCode Next E Could someone help modify this. TIA Chuck, Try using the property below: TransactionEntry.Key Property The Key property gets the key fo...

HR Filters should be applied to HR Applicants
HR Filters should be applied to Applicants in the same manner as they are to Employees. For example, if I have five applicants that are setup with Management as their department and have applied filters – selecting other departments to view but not management – my five Management applicants should not be able to be viewed by the user that the filters were applied to . ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do no...

Changing case in code
I've added a line of code to the event below that will uppercase the data in the last-edited cell but the update takes a few seconds on my PC (probably longer on the production pc it will eventually run on). Is there a way i can better place the Ucase code? I've tried, unsuccessfully, to move it outside the For/Next loop. I won't pretend to understand the Set statement. Any help would be gratefully appreciated Terry Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) 'David McRitchie, 2000-08-08 rev. 2000-08-14 'http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm ...

hr:0x80040005
Messenger couldn't install because we had trouble installing this requirement: *Microsoft Visual Studio Runtime Check to be sure you are connected with the Internet. You cannot download Windows Live programs unless you are connected to the Internet. hr:0x80040005" i use xp sp3, help me plz, blessing Greetings, More than likely you have the necessary runtime already installed with another application. Finding out exactly why this is erroring out will require a lot more work. As such, if you just want to bypass this and install Messenger right now, you can do so manua...

HR Vacancies Report
How do we get a report showing all HR Vacancies? You create one using your favorite report writer. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Elaine" wrote: > How do we get a report showing all HR Vacancies? ...

Advanced HR
Does anybody have any idea why we keep finding the latest version of the Advanced HR and Payroll suite continuing to act like it has to convert the tables and grant permissions ever time you go into a company. Then after running through all of that, it gives a series of Error 5 messages you have to click through before allowing a user to get into GP. We also had the same crapping issue of having to break open the download version of the latest HR/PR msi to get it to install. Is Microsoft ever going stop causing us so many hours working around the latest set of code production issues. ...

Print code
Hello, I have a marco recorded to print a selection of sheets. The printer being used is on a network and not my default printer. When I create the code on my PC, it works fine, but as soon as another user tries to use the code from their PC it won't work. Code is attached below, when I tried to create the code on another PC, the section Ne04 in both lines is the only thing that changed. Is there a common statement that could make this work regardless of the PC from which I'm opening the file? Application.ActivePrinter = "\\mrafp1\MRA-ADMINCP1 on Ne04:" ...

Code of searchforrecord 2007
I am having trouble with the code for the following task Table: Master List Form: Home Form: Details I am trying to get a button on 'Home' that will search a field in 'Master List' called ID for a value that I input in a text box on 'Home' and return that record in the form 'Details' for editting. Please HELP Is Details a subform of Home? If not, is Details already open or does it open from the button? Is Master List the row source for the Details form? If you can answer these questions, I can show you how it is done. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP ...

Wherre best to place code
I have an excel workbook that uses active -x controls. It allows the user to model the performance of a micro-scale wind turbine (small device that fits onto a rooftop). I have VBA code that is located for each worksheet, some that is contained in Forms and other code that is located in modules. My question is: in terms of keeping the workbook small and running quickly is it Ok to have code for each worksheet or place it in modules? thanks, luke -- luke ------------------------------------------------------------------------ luke's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?...

Where do I get codes from?
Hi, I'm a new user of MS Access and I need to find out where to find the codes for formulate reports in the system. Most of my report are very basic, but I'm not able to find where to go to enter any fuctions or sums for fields....Can someone advise me on this...also, does anyone know how to tell the system to calculate a blank field. For example, if I want to run a report that shows no completion dates or the fields are blank, how would I do that? I know this is very basic, but I haven't used MS Access in years and I'm not sure where to go to retrieve info.... A common...

Entering 401(k) vs. Roth 401(k) Contributions-reason to differenti
I have a 401(k) account that I've been tracking in Money for about 8 years. My employer recently offered the Roth 401(k), and I have recently switched all of me new contribuitions to the Roth 401(k). Is there any way, or maybe the more important question is any "reason", to indicate which contributions are to the regular 401(k) and which are to the Roth 401(k)? On my statements, all contribuitions appear to go into the same account, i.e., are not separated out by type. In microsoft.public.money, northwoods24 wrote: >I have a 401(k) account that I've been trackin...

HR Deduction
I increased a deduction in HR from 5% to 10% and it updated Payroll automatically. I also reduced a deduction in HR from 5% to 2% and it updated Payroll automatically. But when I changed a 401K deduction to 0%, it did not change payroll from the 3% it was to the 0% I wanted. Why did this not work? I have the user preference "Payroll view for Human Resources" checked. I also have the Benefit Preference "Automatically Update Payroll Benefits & Deductions" checked. Thank You -- Mary Beth ...