HR Position Transfers

Is there a way to import a mass amount of position changes in GP HR?
We are getting ready to effect changes for our upcoming fiscal year.
There are numerous changes to our departments, positions moving from
one department to another and some of the departments are altogether
new. Is there a tool to import Position Change/Transfers?  If not,
does anyone know all the tables I would need to hit if I need to
import the data?
0
dvizaro1 (3)

only display active HR benefits
There is no option to mark a master HR life, retirement or health benefit as inactive. In addition to being able to mark a master HR benefit record as inactive and roll-down changes thru HR and Payroll, it would be significantly helpul to clients with a lot of plan and therefore code changes each year if there was a setup option to 'only display active HR benefits' in the lookup windows when creating/editing employee records. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, clic...

CDN Payroll and HR
Are there any companies out there...actually running this ..successfully??? We have just upgraded to 8.0 Thanks MLF We have just started the HR side however we are using 7.5 still working out the bugs. We won't be upgrading to 8.0 not until those bugs are worked out. Good Luck! "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" wrote: > Are there any companies out there...actually running > this ..successfully??? > > We have just upgraded to 8.0 > > Thanks > > MLF > Be very carefull updating as it caused one of our companies not to upgrade properly.....

How could I put a cursor on any position I want in scroll bar?
Hi dear! I'd like to put a scrollbar's tap on last position. My program created much some results files since it runned for a couple hours. So It is tiresome to find last test result's file because there are a lot file in that directory. Every time I had to move to last position in scroll bar even though annoying. -------- problem section in my program ------- CFileDialog dlg(TRUE, sFi , NULL, OFN_HIDEREADONLY|OFN_NOCHANGEDIR| OFN_ALLOWMULTISELECT,/...

HR
My company frequently has to override the Worked Hours Per Year, under the Additional Information button on the Employee Maintenance Screen. When the number is changed without changing the Employee Class (The employee class doesn't need to change), we are not given the option to save with a reason for change or an effective date. Is there any way to save changes to the Worked Hours per year so we can have this option without changing the Employee Class? -- Becca McElroy I'm not aware of a way to force the system to provide you with a prompt for reasons for change for fie...

Retrieve mouse position
Hi, I am writing an app in which I need to retrieve the mouse coordinates even when it mouse is outside the main frame. How do I do it? Thanks! xg >Hi, I am writing an app in which I need to retrieve the mouse coordinates >even when it mouse is outside the main frame. How do I do it? Thanks! Have you tried calling GetCursorPos? If you want to know when the mouse is moving I think you'll need to use a hook - have a look at SetWindowsHookEx WH_MOUSE. Dave IN addition to David's answer, you have not stated the problem you are trying to solve. For examp...

Excel 2007: Finding Column Position
Is there a formula that can look at a row of labels and return the columnar position of a designated value? For instance: Row A: Apples Oranges Pears Peaches How can I programmatically determine the column number for Pears? The end result is I am trying to do a VLOOKUP but the column number may be dynamic though the label will always be the same. Thanks, David Row 1 (not row A): =match("pears",1:1,0) will return the number of the column (if it finds a match) or an error (if there is no match). Debra Dalgleish has some samples that you may w...

Transfering information from one cell to another
I'm using Excel 2003 I have a workbook open and am using 2 worksheets. On sheet 1 I get information from the internet and then transfer three cells of it to sheet 2. Sheet 1 updates every time I open the workbook. How do I get sheet 1 to put the information into a different cell in sheet 2 each time it updates. I would like to get them to follow the dates down a column. Garry gtpighin@shaw.ca One way: This will transfer one value from sheet 1, cell A1 to sheet 2, column A. You may be able to adapt it for three cells, but the best implementation will depend on which three cells you&...

Transfer from Money 2007 to Quickbook 2007
Is there a relatively easy way to transfer from Money 2007 to Quickbook 2006? I'm really tired of Money and M/S. Thanks and my E-mail address is bogus, so please respond here. Mike Not as far as we know. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Mike Murray" <Mike@Murray.net> wrote in message news:e3vqp21bavpu3c5tms40f0rbd4i4qapjvn@4ax.com... > Is there a relatively easy way to transfer from Money 2...

Life Insurance table in HR module
Is there any way to increase the decimal places allowed for Insurance Rates? For example our payroll is processed weekly, but the life insurance rate is monthly. So when it is $0.25 / 1000 per month that is $0.577 /1000 per week and the system ONLY allows 2 decimal places. Anyone worked around this? -- Mark VA Yes, allow three decimal places for deductions. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Mark" wrote: > Is there any way to increase the decimal places allowed for Insurance Rates? > For example our payroll is processed weekly, but the life insurance rate is > monthly. So ...

change default file open position for large shared spreadhseet
We have a large multi-sheet shared file that always opens to the second sheet with the entire sheet highlighted. Have to constantly switch back to the first sheet. How do I stop Excel from defaulting to a specific sheet? Or better yet, how do I set which sheet opens first and where it starts? Excel remembers the selection (and sheet) where it was last saved. So you could select the sheet/range that you want before you save the workbook. Or you could have a macro run when excel opens the file and do it for you: This would go in a General module: Option Explicit Sub Au...

Change position of Navigation Buttons?
Is it possible to change the position of the inbuilt navigation buttons? (And if so, how??) Or can they only be displayed in the bottom left of a form? Many thanks CW On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 10:30:00 -0800, CW wrote: > Is it possible to change the position of the inbuilt navigation buttons? (And > if so, how??) Or can they only be displayed in the bottom left of a form? > Many thanks > CW As far as I know they can only be displayed at the lower left corner of the form. However, you can set the form's Navigation Button property to no, and then add your own command buttons to the...

How Do I Record Money Transfer Correctly?
Hi, I just got Money 2004 and run into a small problem: Money seems to be able to download transactions from bank accounts flawlessly, but it does not recognize transfers. Instead, transfers are recorded as withdraws and deposits, and show up in the cash flow report as expenses and incomes. I transferred 5K from a checking account to a broker account this month. Now it tells me that I spent 5K and made 5K. To correct this situation, I tried to change the transaction type to transfer. But when I changed the withdrawal transaction to transfer on one account, a new (transfer) transac...

adding Items in Transfer
I am facing a very strange problem while creating transfer from HQ. When we try to add items manually in transfer, it does not allow adding with a message “Unable to add items”. This is happening with some items not with all but these items could easily be added in POs and we have received a lot of stock of these items and now needs to me transfer to other store. Any idea about this problem? regards, Naveed Did u ever import items in HQ instead of adding them from HQ Manager? i faced this problem in a testing database in which i imported some items from excel, the problem was correcte...

How do you reconcile Vac/Sick time between HR and payroll in GP 10
How can vacation and sick time be reconciled in GP 10.0? If you go to Utilities>>Human Resources >> Reconcile. There is not an option to reconcile just "reset Payroll vacation and Sick Time Information". I would like to reconcile the times between both modules. -- Thanks for your help In V10, you can have more than two buckets of PTO tracked and accrued, so it is no longer stored in the PR vac and sick time buckets like it was in prior versions (this is why there are new instructions on how to add the PTO buckets to the payroll check, as it uses a new array fiel...

Transfer email message from Windows Mail to Outlook 2003 after Win 7 upgrade
Just upgraded to Windows 7 from Vista. The upgrade went well, no problems at all. Under Vista, I was using Windows Mail. Windows 7 does not have a mail client, but I already have Microsoft Office 2003 installed on this computer, and would like to import my Windows Mail into Outlook 2003. Problem is, I cannot export my message from Windows Mail because it does not run under Win 7. How can I import my messages into Outlook 2003? Windows Live Mail, conect old mail, export to Exchange (outlook) "David Wess" <davidwess@gmail.com> wrote in message news:66ad58f9-1a14-4...

Maintaining GridView Position After Postback
Hello, I have a web page with a GridView. When I scroll down to the entry I desire, then click submit, I would like the grid to maintain this position and show it in the browser after the postback. Currently the grid is displaying the first row, not the row I selected before the postback. How do I do this? Thought this might work: MaintainScrollPositionOnPostBack="true" but it does not seem to work. -Jason Do you bind your GridView in IsPostback case? "Jason" <jason.wu001@gmail.com> wrote in message news:441b1509-c0fd-4dd1-acc0-99d6dc1...

HR Filters should be applied to HR Applicants
HR Filters should be applied to Applicants in the same manner as they are to Employees. For example, if I have five applicants that are setup with Management as their department and have applied filters – selecting other departments to view but not management – my five Management applicants should not be able to be viewed by the user that the filters were applied to . ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do no...

Inventory Kit Transfers
Anyone have any tips or aware of any solutions on how to transfer a kit from one warehouse site to another? A kit doesn't exist until you sell it on a sales order - it's like a psuedo item. Transfer the components to the other warehouse and then sell the kit from there. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com On Nov 28, 12:51 pm, "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP" <fhame...@cfl.rr.com> wrote: > A kit doesn't exist until you sell it on a sales order - it's like a > psuedo item. Transfer the components to the other warehouse and th...

possible to check a cell for both even number and positive number.....
I have found a workable formula to check for even numbers but I am not being sucessful in having it also check for positive numbers..... I am using the following data verification statment to check for even numbers and it works fine..... =MOD(G17,2)=0 problem is that the number they are supposed to enter has to be a positive number because negative numbers are invalid data in this application. Any help would be appreciated. Hi Try this one. =IF(AND(MOD(G17,2)=0,G17>0),"True","") HTH John "M G Henry" <mr_mikehenry007@hotmail.com> wrote in message new...

sheet tabs bar position
Hello is there any way to change the sheet tab bar position? how to move it from bottom e.g. to the left? thank you very much ktp No. ktp wrote: > Hello > is there any way to change the sheet tab bar position? > how to move it from bottom e.g. to the left? > > thank you very much > ktp Visit www.ExcelGoodies.Com...

hr:0x80040005
Messenger couldn't install because we had trouble installing this requirement: *Microsoft Visual Studio Runtime Check to be sure you are connected with the Internet. You cannot download Windows Live programs unless you are connected to the Internet. hr:0x80040005" i use xp sp3, help me plz, blessing Greetings, More than likely you have the necessary runtime already installed with another application. Finding out exactly why this is erroring out will require a lot more work. As such, if you just want to bypass this and install Messenger right now, you can do so manua...

transfer files
I have been trying to transfer files from old computer with windows 98 and money 99 to new computer running xp and money 2004. Can this be done? How? -- sazy2 In microsoft.public.money, kathleen W wrote: >I have been trying to transfer files from old computer with windows 98 and money 99 to new computer running xp and money 2004. Can this be done? How? See FAQ available at http://umpmfaq.info/faq.html for information. ...

Transfer Superscripts from Cell to Chart
I am having a hard time transfering superscripts from the cell to the chart. When it goes to the chart it shows up as a regular size number. I have been using symbols, but it seems that not all superscripted numbers, or letters for that matter, are in symbols. If someone could help me with this problem, that would be great. I am using Excel 2007. Thank you and have a good day. See recent thread: http://groups.google.ca/group/microsoft.public.excel.charting/browse_thread/thread/fa414f6692a1a9b9/d117dd4e6c6925c6?hl=en&lnk=st&q=chart+superscript+source+group%3A*excel*#d117dd4e6c...

MS Upsizing Wizard Wont Transfer Data
I have a fairly simple database that I am trying to migrate the backend to an sql server. I was able to upload the tables if I selected the option to create tables only. If i didnt all of the tables were skipped. Now that I created the tables, everytime I use the upsizing wizard, it skips all tables and does not upload any data. Some of the tables on have 3 records and I added an index to all tables. Does anyone know what I could be doing wrong? Also, I heard you can use DTS to transfer data, but I cant seem to find out where to download it. I think it is embedded in another MS pr...

Why No Transfers in Bills?
I have direct deposit into a savings account every two weeks and then pay a car payment in a transfer. Bills recurring payments doesn't allow you to do a transfer within the same bank, you have to choose a payment category. DUH! Why is that? I should be able to do this without setting up a full fledged loan (was set up two years before I switched to Money so I don't have all the nits to get it perfectly right. I just want to track the loan outstanding against my payments. Any ideas? As usual, no help from the on line help and certainly not from within Money..... -- MSI ...