How to print label by using Report Writer?

Hi;

Is there any ways to print label by using Report Writer?  I want to print
some product registration card with serial number on it.  I want to print 6
to 8 registration cards on a letter size paper, different serial number
printed on each card.  Something like the address lable.

Can it be done in Report Writer?
0
Kane (153)

Kane

You can use the Divider tool in the Report Writer to create columns a size
the body section to be the height of one label.  Use the Page Header and Page
Footer sections to set the non-printable areas at the top and bottom of the
page.

It will take a little trial and error, but you can do this fairly easily.
Also, you might what to use a graphic report as this will give more font
options.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer
MBS Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"Kane" wrote:

> Hi;
>
> Is there any ways to print label by using Report Writer?  I want to print
> some product registration card with serial number on it.  I want to print 6
> to 8 registration cards on a letter size paper, different serial number
> printed on each card.  Something like the address lable.
>
> Can it be done in Report Writer?
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)
4/8/2005 4:19:02 AM
I have worked with Report Writer for things like labels and it isn't the
easiest thing to do.

You might save yourself some time and do a SmartList export and go right
into Word and then have a macro run afterwards to complete the label setup
using the mail merge wizard.

Alan

"David Musgrave [MSFT]" <dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Kane
>
> You can use the Divider tool in the Report Writer to create columns a size
> the body section to be the height of one label.  Use the Page Header and
> Page
> Footer sections to set the non-printable areas at the top and bottom of
> the
> page.
>
> It will take a little trial and error, but you can do this fairly easily.
> Also, you might what to use a graphic report as this will give more font
> options.
>
> David Musgrave [MSFT]
> Senior Development Consultant
> Escalation Engineer
> MBS Support - Asia Pacific
>
> Microsoft Business Solutions
> http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions
>
> mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com
>
> Any views contained within are my personal views and
> not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> and confers no rights.
>

> "Kane" wrote:
>
>> Hi;
>>
>> Is there any ways to print label by using Report Writer?  I want to print
>> some product registration card with serial number on it.  I want to print
>> 6
>> to 8 registration cards on a letter size paper, different serial number
>> printed on each card.  Something like the address lable.
>>
>> Can it be done in Report Writer?

0
Alan
4/12/2005 5:39:08 PM
Kane,

Try Crystal Reports. It's an excellent tool for that.

Regards, Takashi

"Alan Whitehouse" <awhitehouse@_SPAMBLOCKREMOVE_tgo.ca> escribi� en el
mensaje news:OX36Ia4PFHA.3760@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> I have worked with Report Writer for things like labels and it isn't the
> easiest thing to do.
>
> You might save yourself some time and do a SmartList export and go right
> into Word and then have a macro run afterwards to complete the label setup
> using the mail merge wizard.
>
> Alan
>
> "David Musgrave [MSFT]" <dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Kane
> >
> > You can use the Divider tool in the Report Writer to create columns a
size
> > the body section to be the height of one label.  Use the Page Header and
> > Page
> > Footer sections to set the non-printable areas at the top and bottom of
> > the
> > page.
> >
> > It will take a little trial and error, but you can do this fairly
easily.
> > Also, you might what to use a graphic report as this will give more font
> > options.
> >
> > David Musgrave [MSFT]
> > Senior Development Consultant
> > Escalation Engineer
> > MBS Support - Asia Pacific
> >
> > Microsoft Business Solutions
> > http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions
> >
> > mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com
> >
> > Any views contained within are my personal views and
> > not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
> > and confers no rights.
> >

> > "Kane" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi;
> >>
> >> Is there any ways to print label by using Report Writer?  I want to
print
> >> some product registration card with serial number on it.  I want to
print
> >> 6
> >> to 8 registration cards on a letter size paper, different serial number
> >> printed on each card.  Something like the address lable.
> >>
> >> Can it be done in Report Writer?

0
tarikuma (52)
4/12/2005 5:50:08 PM
If it's worthwhile, I like to create a custom, text report with a single
line in the report header to hold my field names, and a single line in
the body to hold the variable data. Create any restrictions that you
like as well as a sorting order if required. Run the report and send the
output to a text file, comma delimited is great, then use the text file
to merge into something like Word to create the labels. The report is
reuseable as your data changes and if you open the text file in Excel,
you can do math on the numerical data if that is applicable (for
example: past due accounts with balances, etc...).

Lyle

In article <OX36Ia4PFHA.3760@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>,
awhitehouse@_SPAMBLOCKREMOVE_tgo.ca says...
> I have worked with Report Writer for things like labels and it isn't the
> easiest thing to do.
>
> You might save yourself some time and do a SmartList export and go right
> into Word and then have a macro run afterwards to complete the label setup
> using the mail merge wizard.
>
> Alan
>
> "David Musgrave [MSFT]" <dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Kane
> >
> > You can use the Divider tool in the Report Writer to create columns a size
> > the body section to be the height of one label.  Use the Page Header and
> > Page
> > Footer sections to set the non-printable areas at the top and bottom of
> > the
> > page.
> >
> > It will take a little trial and error, but you can do this fairly easily.
> > Also, you might what to use a graphic report as this will give more font
> > options.
> >
> > David Musgrave [MSFT]
> > Senior Development Consultant
> > Escalation Engineer
> > MBS Support - Asia Pacific
> >
> > Microsoft Business Solutions
> > http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions
> >
> > mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com
> >
> > Any views contained within are my personal views and
> > not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
> > and confers no rights.
> >

> > "Kane" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi;
> >>
> >> Is there any ways to print label by using Report Writer?  I want to print
> >> some product registration card with serial number on it.  I want to print
> >> 6
> >> to 8 registration cards on a letter size paper, different serial number
> >> printed on each card.  Something like the address lable.

0
someone798 (944)

Using 2003 runtime, Access 2007 installed...
Hi Dumb-ish question:- Is it possible to run an Access ADE under the 2003 runtime, if Office 2007 is already installed on the PC? All help gratefully received. TIA Steve "CyberDwarf" <sdi@lineone.net> wrote: >Is it possible to run an Access ADE under the 2003 runtime, if Office 2007 >is already installed on the PC? Yes. This assumes that the version of Office 2007 does not contain Access 2007. Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can read the entire thread of messages. Microsoft Access Links, ...

Using Filters
I am new to using filters & am trying to create a worksheet that will help my salesmen create quotes for our customers. I'd like them to be able to pick different equipment options with related prices and then have all options totalled at the bottom of the spreadsheet. Pkg # Description Amount 111 Option 1 209,667 112 Option 2 224,693 123 Option 3 ...

Running a PIF file using CreateProcess in an allocated console window
Hello, I am trying to find a way to execute a pif file within the context of my own application's console using AllocConsole. My basic need is to have the console in my context so I can use the console API's AND I must use the pif parameters for EMS, XMS, and a few other parameters. Is there a way to do this ? Is there a way around ? For example, try running "start /b XX.pif" I am getting an error message The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction. and get the Close Ignore buttons. This is not related to any problems in the DOS application. If I use CREATE_...

printing copies

Ghosted print and print preview

Macro for blocker from using cell range
Is there a way to write code that can unlock a worksheet (w/password) allowing the user access to functionality while relocking (w/password) the worksheet should the user mouse click or move into a range of cells that would normally be locked? Assistance and a learning opportunity is always appreciated... Regards, Lenny With "qwerty" as defined name for range =Sheet1!$A$1:$F$12,Day!$A$26:$F$34 Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Dim myrange As Range Set myrange = Me.Range("qwerty") On Error GoTo ws_exit: Applica...

Using VBA to select Items in multiselect Listbox
How can you programatically select items in a multiselect list box based on their lables? Certain groups of items in my multiselect listbox will be frequently selected together. I want to have check boxes elsewhere on the form that a user can click that will cause a group of items to be selected in the list box. The list box itself is used to make an sql statement. Thanks. Marcie "bymarce" <bymarce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF7548C3-FBE9-498B-9455-6EE50A8F2E17@microsoft.com... > How can you programatically select items in a mult...

Smartlist report #3
In the SmartList reports, there is one called Account Summary, with a field called Balance for Calculation. That field has a drop down with (2) choices: Net Change or Period Balance. I have never been able to return any data if I use the "Period Balance" choice. Anyone know what I may be doing wrong? Merle Merle, You're not doing anything wrong. Basically, that field is useless in that particular SmartList. Personally I don't find much use for that SmartList in general. I know it sounds promising, but you're not going to get what you're looking for from...

Report from Access 2003 to 2007 problem

Print Dynamic Range

TCP/IP printing

MANUAL-reset events must be used here?
HI, All "When performing multiple simultaneous overlapped operations, the calling thread must specify an OVERLAPPED structure with a different manual-reset event object for each operation." -------MSDN,"Platform SDK: DLLs, Processes, and Threads: Synchronization and Overlapped Input and Output" Why a MANUAL-reset event object is requested here?can it be an AUTOMATIC-reset one?what's the different between these two here? thank you. i don't know, but have you tried both types of events to see the result. If they both work then I wouldn't worry about it. &...

GL Cross-Reference Report - no results
Trying to use the GL cross-reference report to reprint posting journals but I'm not getting any results. I've checked to confirm that all audit trail codes are marked to allow reprints. In the report options I've tried using open years, historical years, priting by JE range, audit trail, dates, source documents but nothing is returned regardless of the combination. On your report options window, do you have one of the account types checked off under 'Include'. It's on the left side of the window near the top. Kind regards, Leslie "irishjamr&q...

Printing booklet

Help with compile error MS S using MT and clr
Help!, I need to compile this code with static libs so it run on another XP machine that does'nt have MS Studio installed. When I compile now I get an ERROR: 1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: drawing_control, Configuration: Release Win32 ------ 1>Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'drawing_control', configuration 'Release|Win32' 1>Compiling... 1>cl : Command line error D8016 : '/MT' and '/clr:oldsyntax' command-line options are incompatible 1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Grant\Desktop\dra...

Running Reports
Hello all, I've created a report that has the information that I've selected in it and everything is fine. But there are times I need to print out one persons statement instead of printing the entire report over. I know that I could do a query, but I would like to use the format of my creadted report. Is there a way I can access my created report and have it give me the information I want and not have to run the entire report? If you can help me. I would certainly appreciate it. Thank you. Using a query will not change the format of report. Create the query. Open the re...

Check printing in GP 7.0

Custom Reports #6
Hi, I need a custom report. does anyone knows someone who can do it? thanks, Sacha Hi there, Retail Analytics from Professional Adavantage will enable you to get any of your RMS data into Excel. Retail Analytics for Microsoft RMS is designed to help retailers manage their business by delivering analytical reporting on business performance. Easily identify trends, buying patterns, seasonality, and other key performance indicators for your business. If you enter it in RMS you can report on it in Retail Analytics. We also demonstrations of this product on your data - if you are i...

"Tiled" print setting.

CHtmlView and Printing

Incorrect Tax-Inclusive Reports
Has anyone else noticed that the tax-inclusive reports in HQ and Store Manager give false information? The sales totals after tax are based on (TransactionEntry.Price * TransactionEntry.Quantity) - TransactionEntry.SalesTax. The totals of (price * quantity) already exclude tax! They are taking it out twice, which gives falsely lower sales totals. I have corrected the report for myself, but before I contact Microsoft, I would be interested to know if anyone else has brought it to their attention. price column is including tax on our set up base on the price source. So the report...

Problems with printing

Printing--How not to Print Bkground