How to post payroll to the GL in summary & AP to the GL in detail?

We currently have opted to have our Accounts Payable post to the GL in detail
(individual transactions with vendor names showing) and that meets our needs.
 We've recently gone live with payroll in GP 10.0 and we're noticing that the
payroll is posting to the GL in detail as well (employee name, gross wages).
For confidentiality purposes, we don't want the payroll detail appearing on
our standard GL reports.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to allow the AP to post in detail
and force the payroll to post in summary?

Thanks,
Mike L.

0
Mike1154 (1216)

Posting old bills
I am setting up Money 2006 to tract income and expenses for a rental property, but I need to back date it to 1/1/2007. How do I enter bills and deposits made in the past? Thanks Go to the account register and enter the manually. Just click on the next blank transaction and go to town. You may want to make sure you are using Advanced Register. If there are subsequent transactions already in these accounts and you have balanced the accounts to statements--as though these transactions were already entered--then you will have to adjust account beginning balances and/or Account Adjustment...

* OWA... (Third Post)
Microsoft? If you're concerned about security then you should respond to this question. We cannot make this OWA server available on the Internet without applying the latest SP and critical updates. =========================== Our OWA Exchange 5.5 server (Windows NT Server) recently died and we replaced it with a Windows 2000 Server. We installed Exchange 5.5 OWA then applied Exchange SP4. Everything was working until we apply Windows 2000 SP4. Everytime we logon we get "OWA was unable to get to your inbox" error. As soon as we un-installed Windows 2000 SP4, OWA wo...

To the sender of the MI5 posts
I am not sure if you read responses or (like most other spammers) just see the web as a place where you are free to say whatever you want without fear of contradiction. Who knows? Either way - this section of this site is site is specifically here so that anyone with a comment, question, point to rise, etc regarding access databases can post with the knowledge that other likeminded people may read their post. It is not here as a general forum to discuss other matters. I have no doubt that if you are blocked from posting you will see this as yet another indication that MI5 is after yo...

What's the difference between Cross-posting and Multi-posting
And thanks for the discussion earlier... although the rudeness was unneeded. Sign me, A New User (and learning from you all) rochgal, you wrote on Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:53:03 -0700: > What's the difference between Cross-posting and Multi-posting Cross-posting = You send one posting to several newsgroups. Multi-posting = You send several postings (with the same content) to several newsgroups. -- Best Regards Christian Goeller Some misspellings, grammatical or linguistical mistakes found? All corrections would be appreciated! ...

Post to GL
Hello I am having a problem with a setting within Great Plains 8.0 service pack 2. I have posting setup to only allow posting from the batch level for Inventory. But when you go into Inventory Batches the check box for post to gl is not marked. If I have it setup in posting to post to the gl shouldn't this check box be marked in inventory batches? -- Thanks, Brian Apples and oranges. The post to GL checkbox on the inventory batch window tells the system whether an IV transaction will post at all. The posting settings in tools --> setup --> posting tell the system w...

Tender Summary report combining all registers and tender types
Hi, I know the Z report breaks down the tender type totals. Is there any report template to combine all registers into one total for each tender type (Visa/MC, debit card, Discover card, American Express, check, cash, etc) thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0118_01C8B095.F2EA34B0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="utf-8"; reply-type=original Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit David, The attached report will do if you have HQ. Hope this helps Regards, Don "David Moffatt" <DavidMoffatt@discussions.microso...

Intrastat posting issue
We are a UK company using intrastat. At the moment we cannot post invoices directly (thru) to the General ledger because we are getting an error saying that the 'intratsat information is missing'. When we click on an invoice that won't post in the Sales Transaction Entry screen, and click on the blue EC flag box, all the intrastat data is there and correct. Then when we post it goes through to the GL correctly. It seems that it will only post to the GL if every single line is checked (via the Blue EC flag) on the sales invoice regardless of the fact that all the date is alr...

Access 2002 bug: "dynamic" forms problem
There was no respond to my original post in microsoft.public.access.forms (May 5th 2007) about a fortnight so I try it here... ��������������������������������� A while ago we had a discussion about A2002 (sub)form which changes dynamically from code (hide/unhide controls, change subfom's width, etc.). There's a problem if I make some changes in code when the form is open: if I save changes, A2002 saves controls positions & subform's size as well. This is a BIG A2002 BUG and it's really annoying. Why Access forms don't behave as Visual Basic forms? I don't want Acc...

Deleted Payroll File
In September I accidently deleted a Payroll from Jan 08 while training a new individual. I know that I need to enter manual checks to get the balances back correctly, what I dont know is do I a make the checks for the Sept date that I deleted it or for Jan. Jan payroll still shows correct but Sept. payroll reports show the wrong number because it had that delete in there. Also once I enter the manual checks is there any other ajustments that I need to make. ...

where is my post??
twice now I have typed up my post & sent it. So where is it? On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 08:41:36 -0700, Stapes <steve.staple@gmail.com> wrote: >twice now I have typed up my post & sent it. So where is it? On Google Groups: 1184773041.958329.270430@e16g2000pri.googlegroups.com Google's been having some problems lately, maybe it's temporarily unavailable. John W. Vinson [MVP] You mean the multiple posts with subject "Cancel = true"? I see 3 of them, and Allen Browne's already provided an answer. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I...

Report Revenue (Ties to GL) by customer country
What is the best way to develop a report that displays revenue by customer country. I need the report to tie to financials & there is some direct GL entries for deferred revenue. Many thanks, GG Hi GG, The report of revenue by customer country should be pretty easy because you have the address in the sales document. You want to be sure to info from the RM files in order to pick up any trx not entered in SOP. I am probably not understanding the question because the resolution seems pretty straightforward. What issues are you running up against? Kind regards, L...

My post not posted!
A couple of times when I've posted a reply to a recent post (same day), and later tried to view it, I found the header with a line drawn through it, and the following in the message body view pane: Message is no longer available on the server Windows Live Mail is unable to retrieve the requested message because the server no longer has the message available. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- News servers regularly expire articles as they get older to make space available for newer articles. IMAP servers can be accessed by multip...

Cannot send newsgroup post with an attachment
I can send and receive posts using Outlook Express 6 newsgroups. I do not use html. When I send a post that has an attachment, e.g. a 160kB jpg that post never shows up as having been sent. How can I fix this? regards, "nobody" I can't speak for others, but msnews has a 100KB limit. If I have a need to post a graphic, I upload it to TinyPic and post the link to it. TinyPic: http://tinypic.com/ -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "news.microsoft.com" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message ...

Editing Sales Rep in a Posted Transaction
Does anyone know if there is a way to recall a transacrion just to change the associated sales rep? Hello Scarpa, You cannot change a transaction that has happened via the system's interface. You could modify the database using SQL or Access or a number of other tools... however that may not be the right thing to do. One of my clients was having this happen quite often... for example John sold it but it was rung up under Peter... so we created a return reason code for wrong sales rep... the cashier basically recalls the transaction for return.... picks the reason code and then eit...

Why my posting are not posted!
I am not sure why sometimes my postings are not posted! do you know why? Perhaps because you are using Microsoft's unreliable web interface to the newsgroup? Better to access the newsgroup directly, using a newsreader. -- David Biddulph "LABKHAND" <LABKHAND@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:635CB4A1-C4C9-4A80-AB93-3C8601E3F0DD@microsoft.com... >I am not sure why sometimes my postings are not posted! do you know why? "LABKHAND" <LABKHAND@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am not sure why sometimes my postings are...

Prior year posting 2 years
Client has 2009 open and all previous years closed. They want to post transactions to 2007. GP by default does not allow that. Is there a work around? Rich, There is no way to do this in GP out of the box. If they absolutely must post to 2007, the option I would recommend is to have the MBS Professional Services team open the 2008 year for your client, which will allow them to post to 2007, since that will now be the last closed year. Once done, the client would close 2008 again. Professional Services only does this as a consulting engagement and the cost will depend on a number of...

Change Employee ID in Canadian Payroll
I know that you can't change an Employee ID with the Canadian Payroll module once an employee has been set up, but obviously you can change it in the database, if you change it in all the right places. Has anyone ever tried this before, and if so, do you have a list of the tables that the employee ID must be changed in? Or better yet, does anyone have a SQL script that will change a Canadian Payroll employee ID in all the right places? iStevo, I guess you can handle this task by yourself, use DexLog or SQL Server profiler to trace all the commands GP perform when adding the employ...

Transactions Lost Posting to GL
We've been using Great Plains (Dynamics V9) since 9/01/06, and are having some serious problems when posting to GL. In one case, one payment of two vouchers was lost going from A/P to GL. We only print about 30 checks a week, so at the end of the month when we posted to GL and noticed the discrepancy, it was relatively easy to track down the payment that was lost. The Accounting firm that helped with the installation was of no help. Their solution was to create a journal entry, which of course brough GL up to date, but didn't solve the problem. Now this month, we're about $8,000 of...

Posting negative 401k transactions
I have a typical 401k account setup with a corresponding cash account. I am manually balancing my account at the end of the quarter. In other words, I'm not using the 401k manager or "balance an account" wizard. In my investment account, I want to buy x shares of a stock for the quarter, however the final market value decreased for the account. Normally, a stock that increased for the quarter would show as a payment in the cash account. I want to show this as a deposit. If you use the balance an account wizard, it will somehow place a negative price so that it shows up as ...

Payroll and attendance
Dear All, I have an access file for the employees attendance. The main Table Includes all year long attendance. how can i create a query that will sort them based on a specific dates gives the total working hours and days along with their annual leave for each employee for a specific month. I am thinking abot creating multiple queries. One query for each month. Example from 25/11/2009 till 24/01/2010 Thank you in advance You can do grouping and sorting in a Report bases on number of days or weeks. Are your monthly pay periods something like every 28 days; start on the 25th of...

Duplicate timesheet entry in Canadian Payroll
We are currently using Great Plains version 7.0. We have found that there Great Plains will allow us to (in error of course) enter the same time entry for an employee more than once. There is no trapping of duplicate entries. Can anyone using versions 7.5 or 8 tell me if this is still the case in those versions. We have a lot of casual staff and would like to have duplicate entries captures so we don't end up overpaying people. Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can provide. ------=_NextPart_0001_34B6C9C5 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Linda...

User tried posting checks to closed period.
I have a user who tried to post payables checks to a closed period. They didn't tell me about it until after they had clicked through the error. The batch is showing a status of remittance processing. It doesn't show up under post checks or print checks but it does show up under edit checks. Nothing shows up under batch recovery. Is there a way to force the transactions on through? They have already mailed the checks so we don't have the option of voiding them somehow and redoing them. Robert Fann Sorry. I luckily found the batch under process remittance and ...

How do I post a message to CDocument?
At the moment all ON_MESSAGE are handled in CMainFrame. I want to handle a message in CDocument but I can't get it to work. How is it done? Steve -- EasyNN-plus. The easy way to build neural networks. http://www.easynn.com Steve, > At the moment all ON_MESSAGE are handled in CMainFrame. > I want to handle a message in CDocument but I can't get it to work. > > How is it done? I don't know if this will help you, but you can recieve the message in CMainFrame then call a CDocument function to do whatever you want to do. You can access a CDocument object from wi...

Not posting
On my 2nd Station When I precess the debit card transaction I having trouble to post the transaction. Some Time I have to kill the POS using control,alt,delet. and If I go back to look for same transation and I am not able to find the same transaction under Journal view But I can see the same on edc under debit card. Any idea ? -- Thank You Harjit SherGill /DBA Altaville Market 324 South Main st po box 370 Altaville CA 95221 Tel : 209-729-1403 vendaliajat@yahoo.com ...

Taxable Payroll Beneft
Customer has already processed all their checks for 2008. They now need to record a taxable benefit {Auto Compensation} - increase taxable wages for FICA and have the employer portion of the FICA increase the liability and carry forward to update 941 information. This only affects 3 employees HELP - what is the best way to handle this? I do need to get this done today, as i need to install year end update A manual check is the best way to handle it. "Andrea Smiley" <AndreaSmiley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F39889F6-34FF-4C50-85C7-234A5535885A@mi...