How to make GP autologin?

Hello group!

Is there any way to setup Dynamics so I don't have to login first time to
server and then pick company? Maybe some ini file or simething like that so
I can open GP with one click?

I'm developer and need to open/close often.

Thank you,
Ivan

Ivan,

Check this post out:

http://jordev.net/blogs/daoudm/archive/2008/10/12/auto-login-for-microsoft-dynamics-gp.aspx

Regards,
--
Mohammad R. Daoud
MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS

"Ivan" wrote:

> Hello group!
>
> Is there any way to setup Dynamics so I don't have to login first time to
> server and then pick company? Maybe some ini file or simething like that so
> I can open GP with one click?
>
> I'm developer and need to open/close often.
>
> Thank you,
> Ivan

Ivan,

One note -- The approach described in Mohammad's blog is typically the one
recommended due to its easy implementation, but clearly leaves your user ID
and passwords exposed. If your organization is looking at a more robust
security-driven login, then you may want to explore other options such as
FastPath's Config AD - SSO, which implements single sign-on
(http://www.gofastpath.com/dynamics+gp.aspx).

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Mohammad R. Daoud" wrote:

> Ivan,
>
> Check this post out:
>
> http://jordev.net/blogs/daoudm/archive/2008/10/12/auto-login-for-microsoft-dynamics-gp.aspx
>
> Regards,
> --
> Mohammad R. Daoud
> MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS
> Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85
> Great Package For Business Solutions
> daoudm@greatpbs.com
> http://www.greatpbs.com
> http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/
>

> "Ivan" wrote:
>
> > Hello group!
> >
> > Is there any way to setup Dynamics so I don't have to login first time to
> > server and then pick company? Maybe some ini file or simething like that so
> > I can open GP with one click?
> >
> > I'm developer and need to open/close often.
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Ivan

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
10/28/2008 2:37:01 PM
It's on my development machine, security is not an issue. I will give
Mohammad's approach a try.

Thanks a lot!

Ivan

"Mariano Gomez" <MarianoGomez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ivan,
>
> One note -- The approach described in Mohammad's blog is typically the one
> recommended due to its easy implementation, but clearly leaves your user
> ID
> and passwords exposed. If your organization is looking at a more robust
> security-driven login, then you may want to explore other options such as
> FastPath's Config AD - SSO, which implements single sign-on
> (http://www.gofastpath.com/dynamics+gp.aspx).
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "Mohammad R. Daoud" wrote:
>
>> Ivan,
>>
>> Check this post out:
>>
>> http://jordev.net/blogs/daoudm/archive/2008/10/12/auto-login-for-microsoft-dynamics-gp.aspx
>>
>> Regards,
>> --
>> Mohammad R. Daoud
>> MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS
>> Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85
>> Great Package For Business Solutions
>> daoudm@greatpbs.com
>> http://www.greatpbs.com
>> http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/
>>

>> "Ivan" wrote:
>>
>> > Hello group!
>> >
>> > Is there any way to setup Dynamics so I don't have to login first time
>> > server and then pick company? Maybe some ini file or simething like
>> > that so
>> > I can open GP with one click?
>> >
>> > I'm developer and need to open/close often.
>> >
>> > Thank you,
>> > Ivan

0
ivan9569 (17)
10/28/2008 2:39:22 PM
I tried it and can't make it work. It goes past first login window but it
won't pick company, maybe I misunderstand instructions.

I have "ClickHit field '(L) Company NamesNames' item 1 # ''"

What should I have for Fabrikam? It's first item in dropdown. I have another
Test company that I don't care about.

Thank you,
Ivan

"Mohammad R. Daoud" <daoudm@greatpbs . com> wrote in message
> Ivan,
>
> Check this post out:
>
> http://jordev.net/blogs/daoudm/archive/2008/10/12/auto-login-for-microsoft-dynamics-gp.aspx
>
> Regards,
> --
> Mohammad R. Daoud
> MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS
> Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85
> Great Package For Business Solutions
> daoudm@greatpbs.com
> http://www.greatpbs.com
> http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/
>

> "Ivan" wrote:
>
>> Hello group!
>>
>> Is there any way to setup Dynamics so I don't have to login first time to
>> server and then pick company? Maybe some ini file or simething like that
>> so
>> I can open GP with one click?
>>
>> I'm developer and need to open/close often.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Ivan

0
ivan9569 (17)
10/28/2008 2:50:01 PM
Found it, never mind :)

"Ivan" <ivan@mailgroups.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I tried it and can't make it work. It goes past first login window but it
>won't pick company, maybe I misunderstand instructions.
>
> I have "ClickHit field '(L) Company NamesNames' item 1 # ''"
>
> What should I have for Fabrikam? It's first item in dropdown. I have
> another Test company that I don't care about.
>
> Thank you,
> Ivan
>
> "Mohammad R. Daoud" <daoudm@greatpbs . com> wrote in message
>> Ivan,
>>
>> Check this post out:
>>
>> http://jordev.net/blogs/daoudm/archive/2008/10/12/auto-login-for-microsoft-dynamics-gp.aspx
>>
>> Regards,
>> --
>> Mohammad R. Daoud
>> MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS
>> Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85
>> Great Package For Business Solutions
>> daoudm@greatpbs.com
>> http://www.greatpbs.com
>> http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/
>>

>> "Ivan" wrote:
>>
>>> Hello group!
>>>
>>> Is there any way to setup Dynamics so I don't have to login first time
>>> server and then pick company? Maybe some ini file or simething like that
>>> so
>>> I can open GP with one click?
>>>
>>> I'm developer and need to open/close often.
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>> Ivan

0
ivan9569 (17)
10/28/2008 3:01:10 PM
------=_NextPart_0001_64211815

Hi Ivan

If security was an issue I would also suggest looking at the Omni Login module of the Omni Tools suite from
http://www.rocktonsoftware.com.

It encyrpts the password so it is not visible in plain text.

David

PS: This was code that I originally developed for Winthrop Dexterity Consultants.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP

Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.

------=_NextPart_0001_64211815

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang3081{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi Ivan
\par
\par If security was an issue I would also suggest looking at the Omni Login module of the Omni Tools suite from http://www.rocktonsoftware.com.
\par
\par It encyrpts the password so it is not visible in plain text.
\par
\par David
\par
\par PS: This was code that I originally developed for Winthrop Dexterity Consultants.
\par
\par David Musgrave [MSFT]
\par Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
\par Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
\par
\par Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
\par http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
\par
\par mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
\par http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP
\par
\par Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_64211815--

0
dmusgrav7144 (312)
10/29/2008 1:30:52 AM
Another thing you could to to mitigate the security risk is to change
the NT Permissions on the Login.Mac file such that only your user has
access to open it.

Clearly this assumes your drive is formatted in NTFS.

Cheers,

Andrew

Make Default

GP 10 Biz Portal
Is there a setting for how long a session can stay active??? I would like to lengthen it. I added the "extend query time-out value", but I do not believe this to be the correct fix for what I am trying to accomplish? Thanks for any thoughts, ideas, answers. Clyde, Thanks for using the newsgroups. If you're trying to lengthen your IIS session timeout value, you can refer to the post I made here: http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/Newsgroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.greatplains&mid=d604db44-3cac-42bc-b597-b8c7eddedd5f&sl...

making a transfer show up in the budget

Econnect / GP Issues w/ CURNCYID ?
Has anyone seen this error before? We are using GP 8.0 SP3, and we have an app that we wrote that uses econnect. We are trying to post checks to great plains, but when we run the process we get: Sql Procedure Error codes returned: Error Number = 938 Store Procedure taGLTransactionHeaderInsert Error Description = Invalid Currency Node Identifier Parameters: taGLTransactionHeaderInsert BACHNUMB = COMMUSA102006 Related Error Code Parameters for Node: taGLTransactionHeaderInsert CURNCYID = Note: This parameter was not passed in, no value for the parameter will be returned. Error Number = 76...

integration between RMS and GP for inventory
Is there any integration between RMS and GP for inventory??? advice me on that please.. -- Aliko ...

making tickets

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

How to make VLOOKUP work for this

Make Personal Calendar Read Only

Making a bmp transparent
Using Publisher 2000 Windows 98SE Is it possible to make a graphic file transparent? I'm attempting to create a motivational cartoon and would like to have a couple of scenes in the background. To do this I think I need to make an image file transparent. Can it be done? I have Paint Shop Pro and MS Paint. I have the challenge in the file, "Problem.zip" which can be downloaded at: http://www.tinyurl.com/wifs On the "Odds, Ends & Funny Things page. Click on the Snowman. 'Appreciate the help. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of...

How to make Frames??
how to make frames in microsoft publisher??? You use the Tool called TEXT FRAME Pretty easy I would have thought - obviously a challenge for some. -- i try to find in tool section.. but there is no button called TEXT FRAME? can u tell me the steps! PLZ!! Thankx.. and one more question.. i would link some sites... but i want that link(site) to be pop up in new window.? how to do it??? i've been trying to find it.. but then it always pop up in same window.. and could u tell me the steps?? plz. Thanzk Trust me, there is most definitely a button called Text Frame. Look in the HEL...

How to make this report simple? Thanks
How to combine all items to be read better? I mean just now I have 3 products however to each of theme are the same items / Rqst, EG, SP, EG-SP/ and I would like to meka it simplier. July2006 August2005 Group1 Group2 Group3 Group1 Group2 product1 Rqst 4301 0 250 120 75 EG 3560 0 150 80 100 SP 3200 0 120 40 50 EG-SP 360 0 65 30 200 product2 Rqst 100 150 EG SP EG-SP product3 Rqst EG SP EG-SP Thanks a lot for any kind of info. Juraj / mer68@zmail.sk ...

How to make a stacked bar chart using time?
Hi, I have the following data to plot on a stacked bar chart, and displayed as time. Dr X Dr Y Dr Z 02:03 03:00 01:00 00:20 02:00 00:30 00:40 01:00 00:30 02:45 01:00 00:15 02:10 08:13 07:00 02:00 This is time in hours and minutes. I need the result to look like this... Dr.X bar [02:03][00:20][00:40][02:45][00:15][02:10] Dr.Y bar [03:00][02:00][01:00][01:00] Dr.Z bar [01:00][00:30][00:30] where [02:03] represents a colour to represent 2 hrs & 3 mins etc. If I just select the Dr. X data I can get a stacked chart, but as soon as I add either Dr. Y or Dr. Z data the whole chart ...

making lines around info so it looks like a table when printed or viewed
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) How do I put horizontal and vertical lines around all the cells so it looks like a table? Display the Toolbox by hitting the Toolbox button. Activate the Formatting Palette (upper left button) then chose Borders and Shading. Make sure you select the cels you want to format.... <br><br>make your choice in de button that has &quot;type:&quot; in front of it. Done Thank you I have been successfully making borders in all my excel worksheets but since the latest update, the palette in excel no longer works. At firs...

How do I make each row add up seperatly? Please make it easy...
I have never set up anything on excel before. My job has always had it ready for me. I want to do this to help me figure out how much I will need for my baking ingredients for the holidays. I thought that I could put a row for sugar, and then for everything I am making with sugar type in 3/4 cup and 1 1/2 cups then at the end of all the sugar items have it add how much I will need. Can anyone tell me step by step how to set this up?? Please make it easy I am not computer smart at all. I'm willing to take this project on! Why don't you email what you have to ng@officear...

Link for download Visual Studio Tool for GP ????
Hi, Can anybody tell me, from where can I download the VS Tool For GP 9.0? Please tell me the link. It would be very helpful. Thanks, Praveen Verma Hello Praveen Here are the below link. Developer Toolkit for Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/products/greatplains/downloads/releases/developer+toolkit+for+microsoft+dynamics+gp+10.0.htm?printpage=false ---------------------------------------------------------- Visual Studio Tools for Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/downloads/releases/visualstudiotools90.htm?printpage=fa...

making numbered tickets
how can I make numbered tickets for my group without having to pay a printer? There is a template for numbered tickets here (raffle ticket) http://www.publishermvps.com/General/Templates/tabid/38/Default.aspx Consecutive numbering tutorial http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=95 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "carmelitahaynes@hotmail.com" <carmelitahaynes@hotmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6068BB43-C2AB-4046-8467-20610ECE66E5@microsoft.com... > how can I make num...

Vlookup or something more? Trying to make the book intuitive...
Hi there, I hope you can help. I’m trying to make my life much easier by making a currently unwieldy spreadsheet into one that’s a lot more intuitive. Currently I have to enter data twice into the same spreadsheet but I hope to be able to enter it once and have the other sheets automatically update. First, the explanation… This is a spreadsheet that tracks the holidays of a department of 20 people. Currently it fulfils a few functions. First, it tracks each individual on their own worksheet which goes into details (date began/ended, etc). Second, it tracks them all together on an...

Make a window active
Hey all I'm trying to write a script that will make Outlook the active window, whether its minimized or not. It will then send Alt+F4 to close it. I have no idea how to make Outlook the active window. Any ideas? On Jan 26, 11:41=A0am, Matt Longo <justice8...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hey all > > I'm trying to write a script that will make Outlook the active window, > whether its minimized or not. It will then send Alt+F4 to close it. I > have no idea how to make Outlook the active window. Any ideas? I wouldn't do it that way. I'd access the provid...