How to inactivate an inventory item in GP v8 ?

Hi,

In GP v8, how can I "inactivate" an inventory item ?

in GP v8, how can I make an "inactive" inventory item not be a selectable
item?

A very common inventory scenario is when there is a problem with a certain
item an you do not want to be able to sell it until the problem is resolved.
This is also true of certian inventory lots.

If this cannot be done in v8, was it fixed in v9 ?

I look forward to any and all comments.

Regards,
Brcobrem
0
Brcobrem (34)

have you tried making it Discontinued?

--
dlothspe[MSFT]@online.microsoft.com

Do not send e-mail directly to this alias.  This alias is for newsgroup
purposes only.
"Brcobrem" <Brcobrem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> In GP v8, how can I "inactivate" an inventory item ?
>
> in GP v8, how can I make an "inactive" inventory item not be a selectable
> item?
>
> A very common inventory scenario is when there is a problem with a certain
> item an you do not want to be able to sell it until the problem is
> resolved.
> This is also true of certian inventory lots.
>
> If this cannot be done in v8, was it fixed in v9 ?
>
> I look forward to any and all comments.
>
> Regards,
> Brcobrem

0
dlothspe (110)
6/2/2006 3:21:32 PM
"Discontinued "

Items identified as discontinued are tracked in the same
manner as sales inventory items, and the amount listed as
the Quantity on Hand can be sold. Decrease and increase
transactions for discontinued items can be entered in
Inventory. When the quantity of discontinued items
reaches zero, you can delete the item during the
Inventory Year-End Closing. Transaction amounts are
posted to the Inventory and Inventory Offset accounts.

> Hi,
>
> In GP v8, how can I "inactivate" an inventory item ?
>
> in GP v8, how can I make an "inactive" inventory item not be a
> selectable item?
>
> A very common inventory scenario is when there is a problem with a
> certain item an you do not want to be able to sell it until the
> problem is resolved. This is also true of certian inventory lots.
>
> If this cannot be done in v8, was it fixed in v9 ?
>
> I look forward to any and all comments.
>
> Regards,
> Brcobrem

0
gpz1963 (15)
6/2/2006 5:52:48 PM
You can move a quantity of an item to a different quantity type, e.g.
"In-use", "Damaged".  Then it won't show as available.

"Brcobrem" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In GP v8, how can I "inactivate" an inventory item ?
>
> in GP v8, how can I make an "inactive" inventory item not be a selectable
> item?
>
> A very common inventory scenario is when there is a problem with a certain
> item an you do not want to be able to sell it until the problem is resolved.
> This is also true of certian inventory lots.
>
> If this cannot be done in v8, was it fixed in v9 ?
>
> I look forward to any and all comments.
>
> Regards,
> Brcobrem
0
SteveChapman (349)
6/2/2006 8:57:02 PM
Hi Dan Fabian & Steve,

Thank you all for your suggestions. Here's what I found:

Only Sales Inventory type items can be marked "Discontinued". Even then,
they can still be selected in SOP as a sellable item. Even if it did work,
Service items cannot be marked "Discontinued".

Changing the quantity type of an item to "In-use" or "Damaged" does not
prevent the selection of the item in SOP as a sellable item. Additionally, I
noticed that once an item quantity has been marked as "Damaged", there is no
easy way to bring it back into inventory. (Other than doing a Receviing and
crediting the Scrap account instead of AP.)

So, any more ideas on this?

Regards,
Brcobrem

"Brcobrem" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In GP v8, how can I "inactivate" an inventory item ?
>
> in GP v8, how can I make an "inactive" inventory item not be a selectable
> item?
>
> A very common inventory scenario is when there is a problem with a certain
> item an you do not want to be able to sell it until the problem is resolved.
> This is also true of certian inventory lots.
>
> If this cannot be done in v8, was it fixed in v9 ?
>
> I look forward to any and all comments.
>
> Regards,
> Brcobrem
0
Brcobrem (34)
6/6/2006 4:43:01 PM
Hi All,

I made an erroneous statement:

"Additionally, I noticed that once an item quantity has been marked as
"Damaged", there is no easy way to bring it back into inventory. (Other than
doing a Receviing and crediting the Scrap account instead of AP.)"

You can easily do a same-site Transfer from Damaged to On-Hand.

That said, I still can't figure out a way to have an item be not selectable
in SOP.

Regards,
Bret

"Brcobrem" wrote:

> Hi Dan Fabian & Steve,
>
> Thank you all for your suggestions. Here's what I found:
>
> Only Sales Inventory type items can be marked "Discontinued". Even then,
> they can still be selected in SOP as a sellable item. Even if it did work,
> Service items cannot be marked "Discontinued".
>
> Changing the quantity type of an item to "In-use" or "Damaged" does not
> prevent the selection of the item in SOP as a sellable item. Additionally, I
> noticed that once an item quantity has been marked as "Damaged", there is no
> easy way to bring it back into inventory. (Other than doing a Receviing and
> crediting the Scrap account instead of AP.)
>
> So, any more ideas on this?
>
> Regards,
> Brcobrem
>

> "Brcobrem" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > In GP v8, how can I "inactivate" an inventory item ?
> >
> > in GP v8, how can I make an "inactive" inventory item not be a selectable
> > item?
> >
> > A very common inventory scenario is when there is a problem with a certain
> > item an you do not want to be able to sell it until the problem is resolved.
> > This is also true of certian inventory lots.
> >
> > If this cannot be done in v8, was it fixed in v9 ?
> >
> > I look forward to any and all comments.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Brcobrem
0
Brcobrem (34)
6/6/2006 5:03:02 PM
I'm surprised you're having difficulty with the qunatity types.  On my system
if the quantity is not in the on-hand quantity, it will not be available in
SOP.  The Inventory Transfer transaction easily move quantities from one type
to another.

"Brcobrem" wrote:

> Hi Dan Fabian & Steve,
>
> Thank you all for your suggestions. Here's what I found:
>
> Only Sales Inventory type items can be marked "Discontinued". Even then,
> they can still be selected in SOP as a sellable item. Even if it did work,
> Service items cannot be marked "Discontinued".
>
> Changing the quantity type of an item to "In-use" or "Damaged" does not
> prevent the selection of the item in SOP as a sellable item. Additionally, I
> noticed that once an item quantity has been marked as "Damaged", there is no
> easy way to bring it back into inventory. (Other than doing a Receviing and
> crediting the Scrap account instead of AP.)
>
> So, any more ideas on this?
>
> Regards,
> Brcobrem
>

> "Brcobrem" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > In GP v8, how can I "inactivate" an inventory item ?
> >
> > in GP v8, how can I make an "inactive" inventory item not be a selectable
> > item?
> >
> > A very common inventory scenario is when there is a problem with a certain
> > item an you do not want to be able to sell it until the problem is resolved.
> > This is also true of certian inventory lots.
> >
> > If this cannot be done in v8, was it fixed in v9 ?
> >
> > I look forward to any and all comments.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Brcobrem
0
SteveChapman (349)
6/6/2006 5:06:02 PM
Hi All,

Here's the final answer on this one:

"Setup > SOP > Options > Allow sales of discontinued items".

Regards,
Brcobrem

"Brcobrem" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In GP v8, how can I "inactivate" an inventory item ?
>
> in GP v8, how can I make an "inactive" inventory item not be a selectable
> item?
>
> A very common inventory scenario is when there is a problem with a certain
> item an you do not want to be able to sell it until the problem is resolved.
> This is also true of certian inventory lots.
>
> If this cannot be done in v8, was it fixed in v9 ?
>
> I look forward to any and all comments.
>
> Regards,
> Brcobrem
0
Brcobrem (34)

GP Professional Serv Tools Cust Combiner should keep Addresses
In the pdf instructions for Professional Tools the Customer Combiner instructions say that it "combines customers without data loss". Well that is not necessarily true. If I have duplicate address codes that are not for the same address, I will indeed lose data. There are a couple of possible solutions for this. 1. If you had a tool to change address codes, I could change them before combining the customers. 2. You could append something to the "from" address code (and change work, open, and history documents so as not to break the links to that address. ------...

BUG: previously-defined Item Sub Descriptions
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0031_01C9E9D7.33D3AA80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-2" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I found a bug in HQ (have not made a test in SO yet) ver = 2.0.0105...2.0.0126. Symptoms: When selecting Item Properties in Items list (Database - Items) in = HeadQuarters I get an error: Run-time error '6': Overflow. It appeared = suddenly after adding new items. Testing: Made all kind of tests - database check and indexing, copied the = database to the test machine, upgraded RMS, SQL, DB, etc...

Home Inventory #2
Upon installing Money Standard 2005, I first found out that Home Inventory is not in the program. I lost the valuable information from Money 2003, and uninstalling 2005 and reinstalling 2003 did not allow me to restore my HI data to 2003. Is all lost forever? From previous versions I have found out that you can restore the original file which usually goes in the form of *.m12 (or what ever number version you were using before). I did a search on the deluxe version and they said that in order for you to get to the home inventory sheet, then you need to add it to the home page. Appare...

Qty grouping same items POS/receipt
Hello, I had once found an add-in that would group like items into one line item with #qty (i.e. 5x) = extended pricing. It seemed like a nice and efficient way to avoid clutter on the receipt. Now, for the life of me, I can't find the bookmark and can't re-Google it! For instance I scanned the following aliases/items: 1A1001 x 1 1B1002 x 1 1A1001 x 1 (again!) --------------------- Receipt/POS 1A1001 x 2 1B1002 Can anyone point me in the direction of a snippet of code or add-in please? Thanks! Kevin ...

this is a message header. the full item has not been downloaded
Hi, I'm getting this message subject in some messages I receive thru the Outlook 2003: "this is a message header. the full item has not been downloaded" I only get this subject and no message body. The Exchange is a 2003. Both the Outlook as the Exchage are most up to date. Allready searched in mstechnet but got no results. Anyone? Tks. Best regards, zogerdr If you hit return on the header item do you get the option to download the full item? "zogerdr" <zogerdr@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1126618125.017760.282240@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... &g...

Scrap internal damage inventory using RMA?
Currently using MS GP 10 with the RMA add on module. Using the RMA system I am able to easily access information on write- off's (i.e. item number, qty, amount, reason code). However, we also have internal inventory adjustments for items damaged internally, received damaged from a vendor, etc. We have been creating inventory adjustments to write these to the damage account. However these adjustments are outstide of the RMA reporting structure and there is no easy way to drill down to the item and reason for the write off. Is there any quick way to scrap items that are not customer rel...

Recover deleted calendar items
I have a user who is using a Blackberry. The user did some sort of sync with their email which deleted all future calendar entries. Is there a way to recover from "backup" the calendar only for one user? On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 14:58:08 -0800, Mitch Super <MitchSuper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a user who is using a Blackberry. The user did some sort of sync with >their email which deleted all future calendar entries. Is there a way to >recover from "backup" the calendar only for one user? Google "DumpsterAlwaysOn" and implemen...

Deleted items folder #2
i have a mystery problem. Whenever i delete a message in outlook it gets perminently deleted instead of going into the deleted items folder. i've checked all the settings and options. i've been looking online and in help. i can't figure out what's going on or how to make what i delete go to the deleted items folder instead of being perminently deleted. Any ideas?? How do you know that it was permanently deleted? Have you tried going to Tools | Options | Other | Warn Before Permanently Deleting Items? What version of Outlook? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MV...

Inventory Item purchase goes to Account?
I run a game store, and we run multiple tournaments a week. Our customers pay their entry fee in cash or charge at the register (not en masse, usually one at a time and separated by other customers), and that total amount is used to purchase inventory for prize support. We'd like to give the winners either store credit or a gift certificate to compensate them, but I can't figure out how to do this. I thought I could create an inventory item that would add money directly to a user account when tournament players pay their entry fee, and then I could purchase the prize support ...

Treeview and hide items
Hallo! In a CTreeview, I want hide some items (via a filter). Does anyone know, whether this is possible? I tried customdraw, but I got only some empty space for the items to hide. Thanks in advance Tim Tim Fields wrote: > Hallo! > > In a CTreeview, I want hide some items (via a filter). Does anyone know, > whether this is possible? I tried customdraw, but I got only some empty > space for the items to hide. > > Thanks in advance > > Tim > > As far as i know, you cannot hide items in treeview. Only operations you have is insert and delete. So you h...

Inventory
Looking for RF or Handheld solution for receiving inventory, issuing stock and or taking physical inventory counts. talk to radiobeacon for RF solutions HS "Paul Neyland" <peney@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message news:174501c48c56$2a81c400$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Looking for RF or Handheld solution for receiving > inventory, issuing stock and or taking physical inventory > counts. Check out www.tstek.com They work on all platforms and most software, have experience with Great Plains and have worked with big and small companies. They are very friendly and knowled...

Save SaveAs menu item
When a database is open in Access 2007 a user can click on the Office Button and select the SaveAs option. A menu comes up that allows the user to Save database objects such as forms or reports or Save the database in another format or version of Access. Is there some programming equivalent to this? And what if I just want to save all the open objects programmatically without closing the database, is there a way to do this? I think I figured it out. I'm just using docmd.save to Save all open objects and filecopy to Saveas database. "Kaykayme" wrote: > W...

Inventory Decrease Variance and QTYSOLD
Hello, running GPv10. Using LIFO Perpetual. When a decrease variance for an item is created, it increments the qtysold field in IV10200 for the active row, that is for the row we are getting the next cost amount from. But qtysold in table IV00102 is not adjusted. Not sure how to react to this. Not sure if this is good, bad, ugly or doesn't matter. But since we didn't actually sell the items, doesn't seem right. Thoughts? JoePencilPusher Joe, The QTY Sold only gets updated on Sales Invoices, not Inventory transactions. Mick "JoePencilPusher" wro...

HELP! Calculate HQ Item Cost as weighted average
So here's a fun little thing my partner apparently overlooked way back when and I never noticed until this morning... The HQ Manager Configuration setting "Calculate HQ Item Cost as weighted average" was left at FALSE instead of being set to TRUE. We've been running this way for nearly two years, and I'm guessing that every inventory valuation report we've ever run from HQ was horribly inaccurate. I'm going with the ostritch mode on this one--I am simply not going to try to figure out how much this may have cost us at tax time last year... To correct the...

Depreciaiton for inventory
Hi, I would like to know what depreciation reports is available for inventory/goodsstored in GP (not fixed assets). Thanks. Richard, Inventory is not normally depreciated, certainly not under US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. You can reduce the value of an inventory item with the Adjust Costs process and depending on your costing model you may be able to achieve the same results by writing off affected inventory and writing it back on at a lower value. (This method will work for average cost but not FIFO or LIFO.) Slow moving or obsolete inventory is typically written off or s...

Reconciling non-inventoried items always hangs
Ever since version 8 or so (we are now on version 9), whenever inventory reconcile is run, it hangs on discontinued and misc charge items. There barely any data for these items. Why does this consistently happen? This adds about 4 hours to our reconciliation process whenever we need to run it. ...

Inactivating Vendors
Trying to inactivate a vendor, get the message: This vendor has been assigned to a purchase order or an unposted receipt, the status cant be changed to inactive. I have checked and the 2 PO's are closed, and there are no open receivings. What do I have to do to inactivate this vendor? thanks! -- Doug You have to run the Remove Completed Purchase Orders process (Tools-Routines-Purchasing) in order to move closed or cancelled purchase orders to history as long as you are keeping PO history. "Doug" wrote: > Trying to inactivate a vendor, get the message: > &g...

Where is the IMAP deleted items folder?
I use Windows 7 and have an IMAP email account set up in Outlook 2007. When I press the delete key the message is deleted and does not appear in the personal folders Deleted Items folder. It just seems to disappear. Is there any way the deleted items can be moved to a deleted items folders as I am worried if I accidently press the delete key I can delete an email by mistake and then am unable to retrieve it. Can anyone please help me? Kind Regards, Kristy "Kristy" <Kristy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BB3D37D-ED58-41E1-A4FB-1E11408F...

RM Statements GP 10 Adv.
Is it possible to generate RM Statements with the originating currency of the invoices? -- Toni ...

Top Item Report with added Supplier field
Does anyone have a report which has a filter field "Supplier" in the Top Item report? Thanks Dave Heya Dave ;) You can make a (Memorized) copy of the Top Items report with the Supplier field, however doing do gets into a certain complexity; you can have multiple suppliers per item. How you wish to handle that will change how the field is added to the report, should you chose for the item to show up once for each supplier, only once at all with only the primary supplier, &c. Generally speaking, it may be a better idea for you to use one of your other description fields...

Inventory Items as NON-Inventory Items
I have seen several cases today where during a receipt from PO, an item was marked as non-inventory. It had been entered on the PO that way. Problem is, these items have all been inventory items for several years. How can someone enter a PO for an inventory item and have the PO line marked as non-inventory? -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com Richard, Check how the item number is being entered. This is usually caused by trailin...

outlook 2003 calendar can't save items
I suddenly can't save an item on my Outlook 2003 calendar. I did the repair tool, restarted Outlook - still get the error message "cannot save" Try resetting the view on the calendar. If that doesn't help, clear the forms cache - http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/formscache.htm has instructions. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Out...

order not posting and inventory being allocated to it
Hi We have an order that has shipped complete, however the order itself is not showing as posted. We found this out, only because we have parts in inventory allocated to that order and we don't know why. If you pull up the part # in Inquiry-Inventory-Item it shows a quantity allocated, when we click on allocated it tells us the order#, when we pull up the order all the lines have shipped complete. We don't know how these parts got allocated to this order, but we need to unallocate them for use on another order and we can't because none of the lines on the order can be ed...

Multi-Store inventory
In the Item record in HQ, there is a tab to see the items that are available at the other stores? Is this tab supposed to be on the item records at the store level also? I cannot find it when I am at one of my store computers looking for inventory in another store. Any ideas? Thanks, There should be a button in the Item List screen below the Copy button that says "Check Stores". You can select an item and click Check Stores and it shows you inventory at the other stores. I remember having trouble getting this to work at first for us but it works great for now. I think the butto...

Taskbar Items in Excel
Currently if I open different workbooks in Excel (Office 2000) they are under the same taskbar 'tab'. How do I get it so each workbook has its own 'tab' along the taskbar? "D" <D@nospambtinternet.com> wrote: >Currently if I open different workbooks in Excel (Office 2000) they are >under the same taskbar 'tab'. > >How do I get it so each workbook has its own 'tab' along the taskbar? > Tools|Options|Windows in taskbar -- __________________________________________________________________________________ Ed Hansberry (Pleas...