How to Inactivate a Kit

Hello,

I'm looking for recommendations on what is the best process to inactivate a
kit so it is no longer available to sell?

Thanks!

Jeff

Couple options:

1) GP does not keep or track history of kits in any way shape or form, so
you can delete the kit.

or

2) Change the kit components to discontinued and you can either disable or
password protect the "Allow Sales of Discontinued Items" in the Sales Order
Processing Setup Options window.

There is no way to inactivate a kit directly. If deleting the kit or
changing the kit components to discontinued is not an option, then you will
want to create a customization that prevents selecting that particular kit
item.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"jeffreyaw77" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for recommendations on what is the best process to inactivate a
> kit so it is no longer available to sell?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jeff
Thanks Mariano!!!  It's always good to get a confirmation when your "pretty
sure" on the answer but can't find that concrete document to back you up.

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Couple options:
>
> 1) GP does not keep or track history of kits in any way shape or form, so
> you can delete the kit.
>
> or
>
> 2) Change the kit components to discontinued and you can either disable or
> password protect the "Allow Sales of Discontinued Items" in the Sales Order
> Processing Setup Options window.
>
> There is no way to inactivate a kit directly. If deleting the kit or
> changing the kit components to discontinued is not an option, then you will
> want to create a customization that prevents selecting that particular kit
> item.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "jeffreyaw77" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm looking for recommendations on what is the best process to inactivate a
> > kit so it is no longer available to sell?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Jeff
ERT has a product called 'Suspend Item', where you could keep the item from
being sold from a certain site.

I'm  pretty sure it will work with kits.

"jeffreyaw77" wrote:

> Thanks Mariano!!!  It's always good to get a confirmation when your "pretty
> sure" on the answer but can't find that concrete document to back you up.
>
> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > Couple options:
> >
> > 1) GP does not keep or track history of kits in any way shape or form, so
> > you can delete the kit.
> >
> > or
> >
> > 2) Change the kit components to discontinued and you can either disable or
> > password protect the "Allow Sales of Discontinued Items" in the Sales Order
> > Processing Setup Options window.
> >
> > There is no way to inactivate a kit directly. If deleting the kit or
> > changing the kit components to discontinued is not an option, then you will
> > want to create a customization that prevents selecting that particular kit
> > item.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> >

> > "jeffreyaw77" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I'm looking for recommendations on what is the best process to inactivate a
> > > kit so it is no longer available to sell?
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > >
> > > Jeff

Inactivating Vendors
Trying to inactivate a vendor, get the message: This vendor has been assigned to a purchase order or an unposted receipt, the status cant be changed to inactive. I have checked and the 2 PO's are closed, and there are no open receivings. What do I have to do to inactivate this vendor? thanks! -- Doug You have to run the Remove Completed Purchase Orders process (Tools-Routines-Purchasing) in order to move closed or cancelled purchase orders to history as long as you are keeping PO history. "Doug" wrote: > Trying to inactivate a vendor, get the message: > &g...

Inactivating a vendor
I would like to change the vendor status to inactive, but get the message: This vendor has been assigned to a purchase order or an unposted receipt, The status cant be changed to inactive. i have checked and all PO's are closed or cancelled, and there are no open receipts. Havent used this vendor for over a year. Do I have to do something else to change a vendor to inactive? -- Doug You need to run the PO Removal Routine (Tools-Routines-Purchasing-Remove Completed Purchase Orders) for the Vendor ID you are having the issue with. This will move the PO info to history and allow y...

Can you Discontinue a Kit?
Hi Everybody, Is there a way to set a Kit to discontinued? The Item Type is locked on "Kit" for the kit item, whereas for a Sales Inventory item, you can change it to Discontinued. Any help/info on this would be great. Thanks, Jeremy No, you cannot. I have had customers change the description of the kit item to "DISCONTINUED--Do Not Use" -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Jeremy Harrington" wrote: >...

How to Inactivate a Kit
Hello, I'm looking for recommendations on what is the best process to inactivate a kit so it is no longer available to sell? Thanks! Jeff Couple options: 1) GP does not keep or track history of kits in any way shape or form, so you can delete the kit. or 2) Change the kit components to discontinued and you can either disable or password protect the "Allow Sales of Discontinued Items" in the Sales Order Processing Setup Options window. There is no way to inactivate a kit directly. If deleting the kit or changing the kit components to discontinued i...

Customer-Inactivate but do not remove history
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle a customer that we no longer want to use, but i dont want to remove history. (Looks like I cant inactivate a customer if there are posted or unposted transactions) thanks -- Doug Doug, If all transactions for this customer are fully applied, you can move them all to history (Tools > Routines > Sales > Paid Transaction Removal) and then Inactivate the customer. (Note: make sure History tracking is turned on before you run the Paid Transaction Removal.) If you still have open transactions or don't want to move them to...

Inactivate Accounts
I want to inactivate a couple of hundred of accounts that we don’t use any more due to some branch closures. Our account string consists of 4 segments and the second segment denotes the branch. Unfortunately you can not do this via Mass Modify since you can not use wildcards for the main accounts segment (first segment). I know you can only inactivate an account if it has a zero current balance. It will take me hours to open each account in Account Maintenance and inactivate them one by one. What I was thinking of doing is run a trial balance for each branch to make sure there are n...

Inactivating records
I wanted to run this by you all and see if I'm approaching this the "best" way, and I know "best" can be subjective. :-) I have look-up tables which serve to populate comboboxes in data entry forms and standardize data entry... A user can also add more values to the list in the look up table (via another form). For example, a lookup table of WaterColor will have fields of WaterColorID (primary key set to autonumber) and WaterColor (green, brown, blue). If someone wanted to refine the green color further to more specific green colors, say "aqua gr...

Product Kit
Hi; My customer is selling computers. For one of his customers he got a whole price for 5 servers. And he can't enter prices of each items in the servers(memory,harddisk...) I recommend him to create a product kit . But here there is a problem some of the products are offered 3-4-5 times. Is there a option to declare there 5 quantityof the specific product in the kit Alper Can Nope! This is very broken in CRM. It will work if they use Great Plains for their accounting system and do the integration. Sean "Alper Can" <alperc@datasistem.com.tr> wrote in message news:%2...

Product Kit
It would be great that it was possible to change quantity of an underlying product in a product kit. For example, if I sell digital cameras and want to sell a bundle of 1 Camera 2 Camera Batteries It is currently impossible to do this without using some work-arounds. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then ...

Trying to Inactivate a Vendor
I would like to inactivate a vendor, but get the message: You can not inactivate a vendor because it has posted or unposted transactions. What do I have to do to inactivate a vendor? -- Doug Doug, I believe to inactivate a vendor, they cannot be on unposted transactions and cannot have unpaid transactions (I think this is what the message means by 'posted') - is either of those the case? -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0266721B-87A9-49BF-A7FC-3EB3C2373706@microsoft.com....

Inactivate a subform upon a choice.
I have the Parent Form with a field "CaseType" ComboBox with choice like "Business";"Personal" I want the subform to become inactive if "Personal" is chosen on the parent form AND the SubForm's field "Partners" to acquire the same value as of Parent Form's field "Name". Any idea/Event Code/Macro/guidance shall highly be obliged? -- Thanx in advance, Best Regards, Faraz This is untested. First set the subform's field Partners, then disable the subform. This code would go on the after update event fo...

Kits and Kit Components and SQL Tables
In the past few weeks I have been working on pulling data into an Excel Workbook from various GP Dynamics tables. The purpose of this workbook is to compile data to be used in a cash flow analysis. I have posted several questions on here and responders have been very helpful in answering my questions. I have a new one that hopefully someone can answer... I am pulling in sales line item data from tables SOP30300, SOP030200 as well as IV00101 (for item type). I am using IV00101 because some of our sales include items set up with an item type of "service" so the costs that ar...

How do I inactivate connector tool?
I am a very inexperienced beginner with Visio. How do I inactivate the connector tool (not permanently, just so I can continue working with the document without having the connector tool constantly adding connectors) -- Richard Champlin Administrative Program Assistant II Children''''''''s Hospital & Regional Medical Center, Seattle Disregard this...I answered my own question. -- Richard Champlin Administrative Program Assistant II Children''''''''s Hospital & Regional Medical Center, Seattle "Richard Champlin...

unable to add a product kit to an order/invoice
Hello, I have converted a product to a kit, but I am unable to add it to an order or invoice as it looks like kits do not show up in the products selection popup. Is there a fix or a workaround for this problem? Thanks, Shan McArthur - VP, Technology ADXSTUDIO Inc. | 200 - 1445 Park Street | Regina, SK Canada | S4N 4C5 Tel: 306.569.6502 | Toll-Free: 800.508.7811 ext. 502 | Fax: 306.569.8518 ...

Inactivate a subform
I have the Parent Form with a field "CaseType" ComboBox with choice like "Business";"Personal" I want the subform to become inactive if "Personal" is chosen on the parent form AND the SubForm's field "Partners" to acquire the same value as of Parent Form's field "Name". An Event Code/Macro/guidance shall highly be obliged? -- Thanx in advance, Best Regards, Faraz I think this may work... In the AfterUpdate event of the Partners control on the subform, run a check to see if the Main Combo = Personal ...

How to inactivate an inventory item in GP v8 ?
Hi, In GP v8, how can I "inactivate" an inventory item ? in GP v8, how can I make an "inactive" inventory item not be a selectable item? A very common inventory scenario is when there is a problem with a certain item an you do not want to be able to sell it until the problem is resolved. This is also true of certian inventory lots. If this cannot be done in v8, was it fixed in v9 ? I look forward to any and all comments. Regards, Brcobrem have you tried making it Discontinued? -- dlothspe[MSFT]@online.microsoft.com This posting is provided "AS IS" wit...

inactivating matrix items
Is there an easy way to inactivate matrix items? I have been manually calling up each size and choosing "options" and "make item inactive". This still leaves the main code active. How do I inactivate the entire Item code and Description? thanks there's a task in the inventory wizard that will let you make multiple items inactive at once. You can't make the Matrix itself inactive - the Matrix is not really an Item, its just a way to group multiple related items together. You could Delete the Matrix - this will not delete any of the matrix 'child' ...

inactivating an employee causes an error message
I am trying to inactivate an employee in the .employee maintenance screen nad I get this error message: "you cannot inactivate an employee record with existing employee cost transaction" I do not know what is an "employee cost transaction" and therefore I do not know how to go about and correct the question. The help is legendary Microsoft, acurate but does not even refer to that issue. Can somebody tell me please where to look? Thanks ZA "ZA" wrote: > I am trying to inactivate an employee in the .employee maintenance screen nad > I get this error ...

Mass modify inactivate
We have problems with Mass Modify. We have twice tried to inactivate accounts with it, and it has inactivated more accounts than we thought we specified. In addition, how can we determine what was changed through Mass Modify? We are using GP 9.0 with the latest service pack. -- Regards Richard You should select the "Selected Range" display option on the screen. You can use SmartList to show you which records changed, but it won't show you what values within the record changed. You might consider using one of the audit trail products available. "Richard" wr...

Item Codes
Is it possible to inactivate Item codes so they don't get used by staff? Thanks Do you mean Item Numbers Merle? If so, you can make the Item Type = Discontinued. This will prevent future purchases of the item but you can still enter adjustments and still sell the item unless you uncheck the 'Allow Sale or Discontinued Items' in SOP Setup. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com Thanks That was the information I was looking for. "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP&qu...

Butane Torch and Soldering Iron Kit with Case and Extra Tips - Solder-It
Price:$55.99 Image: http://thediscounfinder.info/image.php?id=B000XW6BL2 Best deal: http://thediscounfinder.info/index.php?id=B000XW6BL2 Butane Torch & Soldering Iron Kit with Case and Extra Tips ...

Inactivate List of Vendors
We have a list of 2,700 vendors that we would like to inactivate. Does anyone know of an easy way to do this? Maybe a utility of some kind. Thanks. Hi Dan, this can be done fairly easily, if: a) you have the list of vendors in some electronic format, ie Excel b) you are comfortable with SQL c) you are 110% sure that ALL these vendors meet ALL the business rules for inactivating a vendor; no balance, no transactions in open file, no open orders in POP, no unposted transactions (I think that's it); if these business rules aren't satisfied and you force a change of status, I g...

Allow existing items lookup when creating a Kit with New Item Wiza
Currently when using the New Item Wizard to create a kit, you can key in the kit compoents which are then created as items using the Kit's ItemLookupCode as a prefix. The user should be able to attach existing items to a kit. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the mess...

XP Media Center- Windows Resource Kit Location?
Hello, I am trying to locate the QoS Tools and Settings, but it seems I am only able to access this by using the Windows Resource Kit? I did find Internet Information Services, however it states: "MMC could not create the snap-in" The Microsoft Management Console 3.0 version 5.1 (build 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090804-1435: Service Pack 3) ...

still have to inactivate on the HR side
Hello: I've noticed that, even in version 9.0 of Great Plains, you still have to inactivate benefit codes on the Human Resources side of HR/Payroll even if you inactivate the employee's card in Payroll. Inactivating the employee's card in Payroll does inactivate benefit and deduction codes in Payroll, but the corresponding Benefit codes in Human Resources still show as active. Isn't that correct? Will this ever get "fixed" in a future release? Thanks! childofthe1980s Yo, child.... Anyway, you have to inactivate the HR side FIRST and then roll it down to t...