How to find the check form to use for GP 9.0

I don't want to use Deluxe as our check vendor. I want to use Harland.
Microsoft MBS sales just gives us Deluxe's phone number, when we request
help with obtaining the correct format for Harland checks.

Harland has two check formats for GP payable checks.

1)  Great Plains Accounting 7.0 - 9.0

2)  Great Plains Dynamics

Harland isn't sure and can't reference Deluxe.

Thanks,
John
0
John1063 (943)

John,

From what I can tell from Harland's website, you want the Laser
Multi-Purpose checks they show under Microsoft Great Plains.  That's the one
with the check in the middle, stub on top and bottom and nothing preprinted
on the stubs except the company name and check number.  With these checks
you can use the GP "Stub Top/Bottom - Graphical" check format.

Hope that helps,

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

>I don't want to use Deluxe as our check vendor. I want to use Harland.
> Microsoft MBS sales just gives us Deluxe's phone number, when we request
> help with obtaining the correct format for Harland checks.
>
> Harland has two check formats for GP payable checks.
>
> 1)  Great Plains Accounting 7.0 - 9.0
>
> 2)  Great Plains Dynamics
>
> Harland isn't sure and can't reference Deluxe.
>
> Thanks,
> John

0
victoria (3340)
10/27/2006 7:44:19 PM
Thanks Victoria - I should have specified that I'm doing continuous form
checks however...

John

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> John,
>
> From what I can tell from Harland's website, you want the Laser
> Multi-Purpose checks they show under Microsoft Great Plains.  That's the one
> with the check in the middle, stub on top and bottom and nothing preprinted
> on the stubs except the company name and check number.  With these checks
> you can use the GP "Stub Top/Bottom - Graphical" check format.
>
> Hope that helps,
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
>

> "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I don't want to use Deluxe as our check vendor. I want to use Harland.
> > Microsoft MBS sales just gives us Deluxe's phone number, when we request
> > help with obtaining the correct format for Harland checks.
> >
> > Harland has two check formats for GP payable checks.
> >
> > 1)  Great Plains Accounting 7.0 - 9.0
> >
> > 2)  Great Plains Dynamics
> >
> > Harland isn't sure and can't reference Deluxe.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > John

0
John1063 (943)
10/27/2006 8:01:03 PM
John,

WHY???  :-)

No seriously, I haven't done continuous form checks in a LONG
time....probably since GP was on DOS.

I don't see an option for anything continuous under the GP compatible checks
from Harland...the only thing I can suggest is seeing what Deluxe offers and
comparing it to what Harland has.

Good luck,

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

> Thanks Victoria - I should have specified that I'm doing continuous form
> checks however...
>
> John
>
> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> John,
>>
>> From what I can tell from Harland's website, you want the Laser
>> Multi-Purpose checks they show under Microsoft Great Plains.  That's the
>> one
>> with the check in the middle, stub on top and bottom and nothing
>> preprinted
>> on the stubs except the company name and check number.  With these checks
>> you can use the GP "Stub Top/Bottom - Graphical" check format.
>>
>> Hope that helps,
>>
>> --
>> Victoria Yudin
>> Dynamics GP MVP
>>

>> "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I don't want to use Deluxe as our check vendor. I want to use Harland.
>> > Microsoft MBS sales just gives us Deluxe's phone number, when we
>> > request
>> > help with obtaining the correct format for Harland checks.
>> >
>> > Harland has two check formats for GP payable checks.
>> >
>> > 1)  Great Plains Accounting 7.0 - 9.0
>> >
>> > 2)  Great Plains Dynamics
>> >
>> > Harland isn't sure and can't reference Deluxe.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > John

0
victoria (3340)

Everyone has rights in AD... but I've checked inherited permission
I have a client that uses Exchange 2003. Each user can see every other user's e-mail. I have added the security tab in the Exchange System manager. The Everyone user does not have send as or receiving as rights at the Organizational Level or at the Mailbox Store level. The everyone rights at these levels are plain-jane, vanilla, out-of-the-box rights. However, when I look at the individual user account in AD | Exchange Advanced | Mailbox rights and look at the rights for Everyone, there is an inherited permission that gives every user read, change, take ownership, and full mail...

Find Duplicate names and delate

Error while installing CRM 3.0 02-01-07
i recieve an error while installing the msxml 4.0 hotfix that comes with the CRM 3.0 installation steps , the error message was "This KB887606_42 is for a different hardware platform" and my operating system is windows 2003 x64 ...

Outlook 2002 Spell check problem
I got a new pc with XP and Outlook 2002. Outlook had word selected as my email editor. When I complete the spell check outlook won't allow me to hit the send key. If I do another fuction or go between windows the send key will work again. I have duplicated the problem on a couple other PC's. Any ideas what causes this? Have you tried Detect and Repair? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com ...

Using online services from Europe
I'm going to be temporarily stationed in Europe for a couple of months. Are there any problems with my using M2002 to access my accounts, pay bills, etc, from there just as I do from the US? TIA You should be fine, so long as you have a 128 bit encryption version of IE. If you do have problems, please feel free to post here :-) -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh...

Form help #2
We are in the process of creating a computer with a kiosk type software that guests need to sign into. There will be a form that they need to complete. We need to be able to make it so that the guest can search for the name of the person he is visiting and then the form will be emailed to that specific person. Is there a way to make a form that works with our exchange server so it searches for a name and then automatically sets the form to email to him. ...

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Finding a Median

Controlling Navigation Pane from a form
Hi In my Access 2007 application I provide a number of buttons for users to control what they see on the screen. My users go back and forth between the initial 'switchboard' type of form (as a frontend interface) and the actual tables and queries that are listed in the navigation pane. I have a button that shows/hides the nav. pane (with a simple SendKeys "{F11}" snippet) -- but I would like the groups to be collapsed when the pane becomes visible. Right now, when the button is clicked, the nav. pane is displayed, but will have various groups expanded depending...

Check if a row is empty
I have a table that can contain emtpy rows. Row is considered empty when all the columns (except the primary) are NULLs. Is there a function in Sql Server to test if a row is empty? On Jun 17, 2:42=A0pm, sChapman <sumant...@googlemail.com> wrote: > I have a table that can contain emtpy rows. Row is considered empty > when all the columns (except the primary) are NULLs. Is there a > function in Sql Server to test if a row is empty? select * from tables where col1 is null and col2 is null and col3 is null..... so on Amish Shah http://shahamishm.blogspot.com Pe...

Does any guy use MS CRM in reality life?
I am a beginner at CRM and would like to know whether this CRM deserve to be use. I have many customers using CRM in real life :-) If you are looking to implement Microsoft CRM at your company you need to do some initial work to fully understand your business needs. Only once this is completed can you determine whether Microsoft CRM is the right product for your business. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Hightide Software Company" <HightideSoftwareCompany@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F95F647E-768C-4861-9053-08B67A303DBA@...

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

Find (but not find)

Non printing of check boxes in a Report
I have come back to using Access and although I have managed it before I cannot get Check Boxes to print in a Report. They are visible on screen but when I want to print the Reports the space where the check boxes should be whether 'a tick' or 'blank' is empty. Try changing the font. It may be something your printer doesn't have the font for, while substituting another similar font for other characters. "Jenny" <Jenny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71D46938-AA7C-4C43-8284-B763FD955FAB@microsoft.com... >I have come back to using ...

Finding an event

Check security pack from Microsoft
--givwvxlu Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="lexhhstweae"; type="multipart/alternative" --lexhhstweae Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="kvfsocgzpeliyr" --kvfsocgzpeliyr Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to protect yo...

Opening a form with cursor in a control filed
I have a form with a subform as reference. I only do data entry in 3 fields. I have set the tab control for field 1, 2 and 3, but when I click on add new record the cursor goes to the subform and and cannot tab out to the first field of the main form. I would like to set this up that on got focus the cursor is on the selected field and then tabs or move on enter to the next selected field in the tab order. The tab order in the main for is resetting to zero. Thanks Quinto -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200801/1 ...

Outlook 2003 HTML Reply Selection Spell Check Bug
I received an email in Outlook. The email was in HTML format. I started a reply to the message. I then selected only part of the reply text and hit F7 to check the spelling of the selection (selected text only). A message box pops up stating "Finished checking the selection. Do you want to check the rest of the item?" There were obvious misspelled words that simply were not checked. If I say Yes to "check the rest of the item" the misspelled words are found as would be expected. If the reply is only one word (not likely normally) and you select it and check spelling...

Using in Bookshop
Greetings, I was wondering if anyone is using Retail Manager in a Bookshop and if so how they went about importing new items that were supplied in ONIX or BISAC format. We get over 600 titles every month that we would want to import and would love to think that someone has already writtena script or something to import into the database the new items.? Regards ...

Upgrading reports from CRM 3.0 to 4.0
Having spent around 10 hours trying to upgrade a custom report from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0, I thought I’d post a message to share my pain and the solution! It appears that in CRM 4.0 Microsoft have made a change to the way in which the standard reports retrieve the name of the user running the report. I have been unable to find any documentation about this. If you have a custom report that is based on a standard CRM 3.0 report (i.e. it has the CRM_FullName parameter & UserInfo dataset) and upload it into CRM 4.0 then try to run it, you may get either of the following behaviours • Th...

Sales Transaction Cost History GP 9.0
Hello everyone, I have a question about the unit cost and extended cost that is stored in sales transaction history. Some items were received at the wrong cost, effectively doubling the unit cost of the items, so we used the inventory adjust costs utility to correct the items cost. This is all fine and good. The problem is that this utility does not adjust the unit cost of the item on the sales transaction history. Are there any utilities to adjust the item costs on these orders or do I have to use SQL to update the SOP30300 table for these items, and if I do update these cost fields will ...

Protected Forms & Tab Key
How do I create a form that allows users to use the tab key to move from one unprotected cell to the next, vs. having to use the mouse to click? Seems simple, but I can't find the info in MS Help. Thank you. See the info here at Bob Phillips' site. http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0008.html There is another method which involves VBA Worksheet event code. If interested in that, post back. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 18:11:01 -0800, "virgobiker" <virgobiker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I create a form that allows users to u...