how to enable a GP user to add/remove/change other users??

We have a GP 2010 user who wants to add, remove, modify users,
including which companies they can see.
For now I'm forced to give her sa access, which is not good...
How can I modify this user account so she can add/remove/modify users
and configure which companies they can work on??
She already has PowerUser privileges but this is apparently not
sufficient.
Then I can change the sa password and keep that account safe...
Thank you, Tom
0
tlyczko (20)

Follow these steps to enable POWERUSER to add/modify users:
http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2009/04/microsoft-dynamics-gp-10-pow=
eruser-role.html

On Oct 28, 6:49=A0am, BinAdam <mohammed.a...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Follow these steps to enable POWERUSER to add/modify users:http://dynamic=
sgpblogster.blogspot.com/2009/04/microsoft-dynamics-gp-...

OIC -- thank you!! :)
0
tlyczko (20)

Auto-populate fields based on changing one.
This has probably been ascked and answered before but my searches have turned up blank so here goes... I have an existing database system that requires 3 fields updated in one table (hardware) from another(clients) when creating a new record (ClientName,ClientID,ClientLoc) I have a Combobox so the user can select the ClientName but I am having trouble figuring out how to update the other 2 fields to match. I have tried adding the other 2 colums to the ClientName filed and using a SetValue macro to assign ClientName(2) and ClientName(3) to ClientID and ClientLoc. I can see the other columns ...

How do I add Norwegian characters in Contacts?
I use the default character set for UK Outlook 2003. I have many friends in Norway and can find how to add the special Norwegian characters in the address and name details etc. Can you help? Learn the symbol codes? Use windows Character map to learn the codes (or copy the characters). See http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2003/20030908.htm Outlook 2003 doesn't include the Word Symbol dialog (that I can see) but Outlook 2007/2010 have it - it makes it easier to enter the symbols, at least until you remember the codes. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Ti...

GP Customization
i'd tried to modify form labels in the original windows of Dynamics.dic in Dexterity v8.0, i'd changed the contents of strings in Resources too, each String in resources represent a text label in a window, I'd changed few window approach using the same approach, when i tried to run GP, nothing appeared as it should be, the altered strings are not shown the way they should be, instead, GP replaced them with original ones, and the wierd thing, when i open the window in Dexterity, it shows me my work and modifications. how can I do such modifications within dexterity, thanks --...

Enable automatic query refresh for all workbooks?
I know there's a way (according to a KB article on Office 2000 SR1), and in Office XP I must have turned this off somehow, since my workbook didn't ask me everytime if it should refresh or not, but I can't seem to find where this checkbox is in Office 2003! This checkbox has been removed in XL2003 for security reasons. You cannot off the prompt using the XL interface. Modifying the following registry key will give you the same effect: Path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Excel\Options Key: QuerySecurity Values: 0 = Prompt on all workbooks 1 = Do Not Prom...

Changing Entity Name
We need to change the wording from "Account" to "Customer". can we do that? On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 02:15:03 -0700, Shawki <Shawki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We need to change the wording from "Account" to "Customer". can we do that? Not possible in CRM I'm afraid! You will be able to do this in the next version of CRM, 3.0. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Shawki" wrote: > We need to change the wording from "Account" to "Customer". can we do that? This is possible. Unsupported t...

User Defined Fields--Employee Maintenance Screen PR & HR
In looking through the table/field descriptions I do not find the additional user defined field names associated with the PR/HR modules. When I tried to run a smartlist and attach the fields they do not appear in the window as available fields/columns. I have modified the labels and need to run reports on those specific user defined fields. Has anyone created such a report? If not, where can I locate the field names? I am a new user to this system and any assistance someone could provide would be helpful. Hi, Since there are several places with user defined fields availab...

VBA to colour table cells and add values when a function key is pr
I have a VBA application that teachers can use to mark assignments by placing their cursor in a particular cell in a table then pressing function keys. Each row in the table corresponds to a specific performance standard (and contains a mark) and the last column is used to store the total marks. If the teacher places the cursor in a row and presses F6 then that row is coloured and the mark is inserted into the last colum in that that row. You can see a screen image at http://emarking-assistant.baker-evans.com/screen_image.htm Currently the VBA does not need to know what row or...

Business Portal 4.0 with GP 9.0
We currently have Dynamics GP 9.0 and are considering staging the transition to GP 10.0. As we have just implemented MOSS 2007 we would like to consider using Business Portal 4.0 with our new MOSS 2007 installation. The question is, will Business Portal 4.0 work with GP 9.0? Is this supported? Has anyone tried this? Thanks in advance for your responses. Hi, Bp 4.0 is compatible with GP 10.0. I dont think it works with GP 9.0. Correct me If I am wrong. Regards, Shan "itman" wrote: > We currently have Dynamics GP 9.0 and are considering staging the transition > to GP...

How do I change the number of postcards to print on a page?
I imported my Excel address list to Publisher to print post cards. I have the same address showing up four times on one 8 1/2 x 11 sheet. How do I get four different addresses to show up on one sheet? What version Publisher? If you are using 2002 or 03 this is a Publisher bug when you view print preview. If you are unsure, print a test from the print dialogue. If you are using 2007, File, Print Merge, select Multiple pages per sheet. There is a print preview on this screen. You might have to change the orientation to landscape on the print screen. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org...

SMTP connector with outbound security enabled, enables authentication for all other connectors!!?!
Hi, *I have so far tested this on two Exchange Orgs. One being our live platform and the other our test enviroment. Both are running Active Directory native mode for 2003, with Exchange 2003 and Exchange SP1*. Right this is my scenario: I have two SMTP connectors, one is the default 'Internet' with a cost of 1 and address space of *. The other is called 'Admin users' has the a cost of 20 with the address space of * also. Our Front end exchange servers; let's call them: 'EXFE1 and EXFE2' are the local bridgeheads for both connectors. The Internet connector by de...

Enable macros
I've got a fairly compex workbook with lots of named ranges. I've been using and updating this WB for over a year. All of a sudden, I now get the following message every time I enter something in any field: "The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online help or documentation of the host application to determine how to enable macros." I don't have any macros in this workbook. Les ...

Users Legacy Exchange DN
Is there any way for me to correct the LegacyExchangeDN for users? We are running Exchange 2003 in native mode, and some of our old users have a strange value in the LegacyExchangeDN. This value shows up when you are typing addresses....Example TO: Jack Jones <87dfdsads> Thanks for you help Craig You will need to manually change edit this in adsiedit. However keep in mind that this can cause replies to fail if the users do not have a corresponding x500 adress with this value. Also changing the legacydn will force a full download of your OAB. James Chong Craig wrote: > Is there...

IE6
I inadvertently checked the "Do not show me this message again" box, but, as I like to know when I am being re-directed to or from a secure site, I would like to re-enable it. Is is possible, please? Kate Kate wrote: > I inadvertently checked the "Do not show me this message again" box, > but, as I like to know when I am being re-directed to or from a secure > site, I would like to re-enable it. Is is possible, please? Have you looked at the settings for the security zone (probably the Internet security zone) under which the unidentified web...

Any GP-specific risks when adding an index or stat to GP tables?
I've been looking at possibly speeding up some of the GP reports by adding new indexes and/or stats to our GP tables. Are there any special concerns as far as custom indexes/stats with GP tables beyond the usual SQL Server tuning considerations? I have done just that at several client sites and it works great. The concerns are two standard ones: 1. Keep a script used to build the indexes. When you upgrade, update, or rebuild the tables, GP will not re-add your indexes. 2. Too many indexes on a table will slow down database updates. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / ...

Setting user password
Hi Gurus, As a Active driectory administrator we need to reset password for users from sharepoint interface. useing following code: user.Properties[''pwdLastSet'].value=0; user.Invoke("setPassword", new object[] {txtnewPassword.Text.trim()}); user.CommitChanges(); and problem is one of it only working pwdLastSet or setPassword. meaning I need to display to the user that when they "User must change password at next logon" I want to make them work at same time from the code. Thanks in advance. Chris He Chris Have you referenc...

Using =sum to add values of vlookup formula
Is it possible to add the values given by a vlookup formula? Eg. I've 2 colums - Month 1 & Month 2 The values for month 1 & Month 2 are taken using a vlookup formula - s when u try & do an =sum to add month 1 & month 2, it give 0 as there i no value in either column, just a formul -- loscherlan ----------------------------------------------------------------------- loscherland's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=670 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27237 It should give the sum. Are you sur...

Change ComboBox arrow colour????
Is there a way to change the colour of the botton/arrow that drops the combobox list. If there is a way, what I am after is to be able to change the colour of the button automatically if a item on the list is selected. Some would be red and others blue. The short answer is no. The arrow colour is not an exposed property of the combobox. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Pas" wrote: > Is there a way to change the colour of the botton/arrow that drops the > combobox list. > If there is a way, what I am after is to be able to change the colour of the &...

Change the capiton of the Report
I am printing to pdf files For i = 1 To Liste4.ListCount - 1 DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewNormal, , "MXId=" & Liste4.Column(2, i) Docmd.SelectObject acReport, stDocName Docmd.RunCommand acCmdPrint Docmd.Close acReport, stDocName, acSaveNo Next i I want to give each report a unic name as i e: Prefix & Liste4.Column(2, i) How can I change the stDocName, so it is easy to save? ToryBennyBassiKova, Use the OpenArgs argument of the OpenReport method. DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewNormal, , "MXId=" & Liste4.Column(2, ...

Gantt ownership change fails when selecting user with deny New Pro
Our system is Project Server 2007 with SP2. For a division with a PMO department – all project managers can edit Gantts and create new Gantts. We want to change it so that only project managers which are PMO members can create Gantts. The PMO members will create the Gantts, change ownership to the rest of the project managers, and the project managers will continue from there. The change is to deny the single permission of creating a new Gantt from the project managers, which are not PMO members. I don’t want to create two separate and almost identical project mangers group...

Tips for reducing users mailbox size ?
Hi, I wonder if anyone can give me tips on how users should reduce the size of their mailboxes. I have already that they go through their attachments from their Sent Items folder and also delete mail from the Deleted Items folder. They are doing this but their mailboxes keep getting bigger. Many thanks in advance In news:1126522532.838149.226650@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, graeme.hendry@whitehallsystems.com <graeme.hendry@whitehallsystems.com> typed: > Hi, > > I wonder if anyone can give me tips on how users should reduce the > size of their mailboxes. The same wa...

Total column changes colors when total equals sum of other columns
I have set up a column that will have invoice total. Then have other columns that are the "parts" of the total. IE: total invoice $100.00 (I type in this total). Next columns 3 columns include the parts that equal the total invoice. Say like $50, then $30, then $20. I want the total (ie $100.00) to display in "red" until I enter the next 3 columns and then it will change to "black font color" only if my totals in the 3 columns equals $100.00 Alright, if I get what your saying this should work. Suppose you have your total in Cell A10. Set the color to ...

Enabling Circular Logging
Hi all. I am performing backups of my exchange DB's over the internet starting today. The company I am doing this with suggested enabling circular logging on the Exchange server to avoid backing up unnesseccary data and to svae over the wire bamdwidth. Can anyone explain to me what it is, and how to enble it? I have Exchange 2003 standard server with SP1. Thanks!!!! On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 08:51:01 -0800, "redrobit" <redrobit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all. I am performing backups of my exchange DB's over the internet >starting today. The compa...

How to change?
Hi, I am running Win XP and Office Professional 2003. I have a couple of issues that I would like to change if possible. 1. All email folders Emails in the folders are listed showing the day and time (i.e. Wed 1:15PM) that the email was sent out. On the following Sunday this is changed to show day and date (i.e. Wed 10/10) for all emails in the previous week. Would it be possible to change this so that all emails show day and date if sent in the current week? 2. Text colour I send out emails into which I have pasted entries from an Excel spreadsheet. Sometimes I have to send a f...

Discount percentage changes automatically
Hi there, when I create an invoice in Money Small Business 2004 I find that every now and then, when I enter a discount the program will change it to something else and I can't change it back. i.e. If I enter 60% in the discount area, it will change to 59.99% and if I go in and change it back to 60, it will return to 59.99 again. Can anyone help please!!! Thanks! ...

New excel user question: Incase of tie, select latest date
This will probably be really simple for most of you. This is coming fro someone really new to excel. I'm working on a worksheet and I can't figure out how to do this. In case of a tie, select the latest date. And it says i can't use th sort command. Now i can figure out how to tell if there is a tie using =IF(COUNTIF(I13:I43,MIN(I13:I43))>=2,"Tie","no tie") But i can't figure out how to tell it to show the latest date. Thanks for any input or hints on what to experiment with -- liptonbn ---------------------------------------------------------------...