How to add Journal Entry description to a Trial Balance History re

Is it possible to add description field of Journal Entry into  Trial Balance
History report?

--
Kane
0

The Description field is shown by default, so I believe you are referring to
the Reference field.

1) From within Microsoft Dynamics GP, print the TB report to screen
2) Click on Modify. This will open Report Writer
3) Click on the drop-down list in the Toolbox window (to your left) and
select the Account Transaction History table.
4) Drag the Reference field out to the report layout Body section (B).

NOTE 1: If you are no longer interested in the description field, just
highlight and remove from the report to make some space for the new field.

NOTE 2: Adjust the Reference field properties to match other sorrounding
fields by highlighting the field and pressing CTRL + D on your keyboard.
Check other fields on the body section and take not of Font Size, Font Type,
etc, before adjusting the Reference field.

5) Click on the X to close the Report Layout window, making sure you click
on Save.
6) Also click on Ok in the Report Definition window.
7) Click on File and select Microsoft Dynamics GP
8) Adjust security to your Modified Report.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Kane" wrote:

> Is it possible to add description field of Journal Entry into  Trial Balance
> History report?
>
> --
> Kane
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
8/8/2008 7:13:01 PM
Hi;

first of all, thanks for your posting but after trying your suggestion, that
is not I want.
--
Kane

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> The Description field is shown by default, so I believe you are referring to
> the Reference field.
>
> 1) From within Microsoft Dynamics GP, print the TB report to screen
> 2) Click on Modify. This will open Report Writer
> 3) Click on the drop-down list in the Toolbox window (to your left) and
> select the Account Transaction History table.
> 4) Drag the Reference field out to the report layout Body section (B).
>
> NOTE 1: If you are no longer interested in the description field, just
> highlight and remove from the report to make some space for the new field.
>
> NOTE 2: Adjust the Reference field properties to match other sorrounding
> fields by highlighting the field and pressing CTRL + D on your keyboard.
> Check other fields on the body section and take not of Font Size, Font Type,
> etc, before adjusting the Reference field.
>
> 5) Click on the X to close the Report Layout window, making sure you click
> on Save.
> 6) Also click on Ok in the Report Definition window.
> 7) Click on File and select Microsoft Dynamics GP
> 8) Adjust security to your Modified Report.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "Kane" wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to add description field of Journal Entry into  Trial Balance
> > History report?
> >
> > --
> > Kane
0
Kane (153)
8/8/2008 8:37:03 PM
Hi;

I am sorry for my last update, after I enable the Modified Report
permission, I can see it.
--
Kane

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> The Description field is shown by default, so I believe you are referring to
> the Reference field.
>
> 1) From within Microsoft Dynamics GP, print the TB report to screen
> 2) Click on Modify. This will open Report Writer
> 3) Click on the drop-down list in the Toolbox window (to your left) and
> select the Account Transaction History table.
> 4) Drag the Reference field out to the report layout Body section (B).
>
> NOTE 1: If you are no longer interested in the description field, just
> highlight and remove from the report to make some space for the new field.
>
> NOTE 2: Adjust the Reference field properties to match other sorrounding
> fields by highlighting the field and pressing CTRL + D on your keyboard.
> Check other fields on the body section and take not of Font Size, Font Type,
> etc, before adjusting the Reference field.
>
> 5) Click on the X to close the Report Layout window, making sure you click
> on Save.
> 6) Also click on Ok in the Report Definition window.
> 7) Click on File and select Microsoft Dynamics GP
> 8) Adjust security to your Modified Report.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "Kane" wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to add description field of Journal Entry into  Trial Balance
> > History report?
> >
> > --
> > Kane
0
Kane (153)
8/8/2008 8:55:01 PM
That was precisely the last entry in my 8-step process, but I am glad it
worked for you.

Best regards,
--

"Kane" wrote:

> Hi;
>
> I am sorry for my last update, after I enable the Modified Report
> permission, I can see it.
> --
> Kane
>

> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > The Description field is shown by default, so I believe you are referring to
> > the Reference field.
> >
> > 1) From within Microsoft Dynamics GP, print the TB report to screen
> > 2) Click on Modify. This will open Report Writer
> > 3) Click on the drop-down list in the Toolbox window (to your left) and
> > select the Account Transaction History table.
> > 4) Drag the Reference field out to the report layout Body section (B).
> >
> > NOTE 1: If you are no longer interested in the description field, just
> > highlight and remove from the report to make some space for the new field.
> >
> > NOTE 2: Adjust the Reference field properties to match other sorrounding
> > fields by highlighting the field and pressing CTRL + D on your keyboard.
> > Check other fields on the body section and take not of Font Size, Font Type,
> > etc, before adjusting the Reference field.
> >
> > 5) Click on the X to close the Report Layout window, making sure you click
> > on Save.
> > 6) Also click on Ok in the Report Definition window.
> > 7) Click on File and select Microsoft Dynamics GP
> > 8) Adjust security to your Modified Report.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> >

> > "Kane" wrote:
> >
> > > Is it possible to add description field of Journal Entry into  Trial Balance
> > > History report?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Kane
0
MarianoGomez (3440)

Office 2007
My new laptop came with a trial version of Office 2007, which I will eventually remove. Question: can I simply uninstall this product BEFORE use, using my Control Panel options or can I use the product for 60 days, then uninstall with equal "efficiency." In other words, if I uninstall before use will the uninstall be more effective in removing all traces than if I used the product, then uninstall? Thanks... EW Either one will work as well, unless uninstall screws up somehow and you have to uninstall by hand. Bookmark the following page, "just in case&quo...

How to get rid of unwanted entries in the Outlook CRM tree view
Hello, If you use the crm outlook client you can easily create a new entry in the tree view of Microsoft CRM. But it how can you remove this entry again? Only by re-installing CRM? Thanks, Alex Are you talking for CRM 3, Humm, that actually sounds like a bug in outlook. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Alex (crm-resultants.nl)" wrote: > Hello, > > If you use the crm outlook client you can easily create a new entry in the > tree view of Microsof...

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

Excel Add Ins

Re: Outlook 2003 calendar
back Outlook calendar is deleting events from my calendar older than 2 months (it's keeping recurring events). Auto Archive is not running. I synchronise calendar with my Blackberry which is set to keep appointments forever. When synchonising these past items are not being copied to Outlook calendar. What do I need to do to to synchonise all events/appointments and not have Calendar delete past events "Tim on the Common" <Tim on the Common@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:021422B4-ACBD-4E0C-BE97-091031042CD8@microsoft.com... > back Outloo...

Add on

View last appended entry in a view as well as in a ported to Excel
I have a list with several text fields that use the append feature. I cannot figure out how to: 1) Show the last entry in a view so I don't have to click through to see the entries and, 2) Have the last entry show up when I export to Excel. I can't see the last entry if there are additonal updates. Thx -Tamara Question 1. There are plenty of people asking the same question on different forums but I haven't yet found a solution to the issue of displaying the last entry on a column configured with the "Append text" option. I know this is not exa...

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Format text to add character

Add File menu to custom toolbar

How to find the value of a Duplicate (Name) entry?
Unlike most people with Duplicate entry problems I do NOT want to delet it! What I have is a report that is sent to us every day as a text file. have it converted automatically to an excel worksheet so excel can pul the numbers out that we need for reports. The problem is this: Jason Longhaul LA...................822 Jason Longhaul LA...................73 The number of rows between Jason Longhaul LA and the duplicate can an does vary, otherwise I could find the first one and count down x numbe of rows to get the value of the second one. What I need to do is run my formula to get the va...

add a DC in a LegSite

Backward entries result from "Enter into "Register"
I'm surprised that I couldn't find any discussion of this quirk. Sometimes when I have a payment scheduled in Bills and Deposits, and then click "Enter into Register" with the intention of writing a check, a box for a Deposit opens, with the amount bracketed. That is, if the payment is for $50.00, it indicates a Deposit of ($50.00). I can generally get the problem to go away if I close Money or juggle it around one way or another. But if I just go ahead and enter the transaction that way, it stays backward in the register. What causes this problem and how do I fix it for ...

excel add-ons

Map Add-On?

How do I scan in a form for entries and changes?
I have a 4 in 1 printer. How can I can in a blank form into my documents so that I can enter information into it. NOTE: I've tried to scan in the form but it gives me a jpeg (picture) format and I cannot make any modifications to it. For a one off, it is probably not worth the effort, but if you insert the jpeg so that it is behind the text, you can then type in front of it. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.co...

Add ContractLine Entity in Menu
Hi, Is it possible to add a shortcut in the Service Menu to the ContractLine Entity? I really appreciate if someone could help. Regards, Alcides ...

Re: Style sheet gives me an error
"Vikesh Arora" <arorav@whosea.org> wrote in message news:... > Hi > > I have tried running it. And it runs smoothly without giving any > encoding issues. XSL File <?xml version="1.0" ?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" > <xsl:template match="/"> <HTML> <BODY> <TABLE> <xsl:for-each select="CONAME/DipReceived"> <TR> <TD><xsl:value-of select="DateAndTime...

Problem- add-in Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection & Publis
I have a problem with Outlook 2007 and the add-in Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection and Publishing. This add-in worked when I first installed Outlook 2007 when installing Office 2007 Enterprise. The add-in created a sub-folder in my Inbox named Data Collection Replies and worked well until about 6 weeks ago. Now I can’t get the add-in to work at all even though it appears in the list of COM.adds in Outlook 2007. More perplexing is the error message I now receive EVERY time I click on any email message to read it. The message is titled ‘Custom UI Runtime Error in...