How Do I Turn Off User Password Reset?

I have a user who is having to reset their password monthly.  When I look at
the User Setup in GP(8.0) there are no boxes checked under User Setup.

Where else would I look to turn this feature off?  This user accesses GP
through our Terminal Server and is the only user who is having to change
their password.

Thanks for your assistance.
0
LK (221)

There is nothing in GP 8.0 out of the box that will require a password
change (until a service pack and SQL 2005).  Are you possibly running a
customization or 3rd party application like Omni Security?

--
Victoria Yudin
GP MVP

"lk" <lk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a user who is having to reset their password monthly.  When I look
>at
> the User Setup in GP(8.0) there are no boxes checked under User Setup.
>
> Where else would I look to turn this feature off?  This user accesses GP
> through our Terminal Server and is the only user who is having to change
> their password.
>
> Thanks for your assistance.

0
victoria (3340)
12/28/2005 7:38:21 PM
No.  We have had some problems with our other office using the terminal
server and their profiles (on the network) are different than the in-house
users, but that shouldn't trigger password change.  I guess I'll log a
support incident.  Thanks for the response.

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> There is nothing in GP 8.0 out of the box that will require a password
> change (until a service pack and SQL 2005).  Are you possibly running a
> customization or 3rd party application like Omni Security?
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> GP MVP
>

> "lk" <lk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a user who is having to reset their password monthly.  When I look
> >at
> > the User Setup in GP(8.0) there are no boxes checked under User Setup.
> >
> > Where else would I look to turn this feature off?  This user accesses GP
> > through our Terminal Server and is the only user who is having to change
> > their password.
> >
> > Thanks for your assistance.

0
LK (221)
12/28/2005 7:50:04 PM
Are you talking about the Windows user password?  The one used to log on to
the Terminal Server?  If so, that has nothing to do with what is set up in
Great Plains or SQL - and you would need to talk to your network
administrator about changing that setting.

--

> No.  We have had some problems with our other office using the terminal
> server and their profiles (on the network) are different than the in-house
> users, but that shouldn't trigger password change.  I guess I'll log a
> support incident.  Thanks for the response.
>
> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> There is nothing in GP 8.0 out of the box that will require a password
>> change (until a service pack and SQL 2005).  Are you possibly running a
>> customization or 3rd party application like Omni Security?
>>
>> --
>> Victoria Yudin
>> GP MVP
>>

>> "lk" <lk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have a user who is having to reset their password monthly.  When I
>> >look
>> >at
>> > the User Setup in GP(8.0) there are no boxes checked under User Setup.
>> >
>> > Where else would I look to turn this feature off?  This user accesses
>> > GP
>> > through our Terminal Server and is the only user who is having to
>> > change
>> > their password.
>> >
>> > Thanks for your assistance.

0
victoria (3340)
12/29/2005 10:54:52 AM
The user states it's the GP password - I think they are confused and it's
really the terminal server password.  Still waiting to hear back from the
user (they're in London-UK).

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Are you talking about the Windows user password?  The one used to log on to
> the Terminal Server?  If so, that has nothing to do with what is set up in
> Great Plains or SQL - and you would need to talk to your network
> administrator about changing that setting.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> GP MVP
>

> "lk" <lk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > No.  We have had some problems with our other office using the terminal
> > server and their profiles (on the network) are different than the in-house
> > users, but that shouldn't trigger password change.  I guess I'll log a
> > support incident.  Thanks for the response.
> >
> > "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> There is nothing in GP 8.0 out of the box that will require a password
> >> change (until a service pack and SQL 2005).  Are you possibly running a
> >> customization or 3rd party application like Omni Security?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Victoria Yudin
> >> GP MVP
> >>

> >> "lk" <lk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
LK (221)

Prompted for password when running a report
Running CRm 3.0 on a single SBS 2003 box. Everything seems to work great except we get prompted for windows credentials when running a report. I verified the reports and reportserver website are using integrated authentication. The webserver is in the local intranet zone. Any ideas? Thanks Dave Dave, I'd first try adding the server as a 'trusted site' in IE, and under 'custom level' set User Authentication.Logon to "Automatic logon with current username and password". Hope that helps, Jeff Bennett CRM Practice Manager Solutions Consulting Group, Inc....

Excel File Portection/Password
I have an excel document created in excel 02. I now need to open the doc in excel 2000. It is pwd protected but it won't open in excel 2000. Is there a work around? Hi Drew the file should open in Excel 2000 without a problem (after entering the password of course). What kind of error do you get? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Drew wrote: > I have an excel document created in excel 02. I now need > to open the doc in excel 2000. It is pwd protected but it > won't open in excel 2000. Is there a work around? Hi Frank, It says the password is wrong. Thi...

Deleted User Mailbox
Delete a user from Exchange 2003 and the mailbox showed as orphane. Later created a new user and connected that mailbox to that new user successfully. Now the new user cannot logon using OWA. Under Mailboxes in the ESM it shows user connected successfully but under Last Logged in by it show ... S-1-5-21-106....... Please advise. Thank you in advance. ...

Import users to AD
I am trying to import 200 users from a .csv file to Windows 2008 R2 Active Directory. As I have no idea of scripting, I searched the Internet and found this: Import-CSV c:\users.csv | ForEach-Object { New-QADUser -Name $_.display -SamAccountName $_.SamAccountName -UserPrincipalName $_.user1 -FirstName $_.first -LastName $_.last -DisplayName $_.display -Phone $_.phone -Department $_.departamento -Title $_.Title -Company $_.company -Streetaddress $_.street -PostalCode $_.zip -City $_.city -StateOrProvince $_.state -UserPassword $_.password -ParentContainer DOMAIN.CORP/NEWUSERS } ...

College research project
Hi All! I'm conducting a survey for my college research project and need responses. It's for MS office users and I need as much of a response as possible. Under the name question, just put your first name and your last initial. I just need it as a separate identifier. if you have a handle that you use in the newsgroup, feel free to use that, too. There is no personal information asked for. Here's the link: http://www.summitcadd.com/ms_word_survey.htm Thanks, John From: "John" <jprovetto@earthlink.net> | Hi All! | | I'm conducting a survey for my co...

reading pane keeps turning on and preview pane keeps turning off
I've been using outlook 2007 for about 6 months and all has been ok until now. My normal view is to have the reading pane turned off and the preview pane turned on. however, now things changed all of a sudden. now when ever I go to the inbox the reading pane is turned on and the preview pane is turned off. So I go to the view menu and reset the view to what it should be. if I click on any other folder such as sent items and back to the inbox, its back to reading pane on and preview pane off. This is the same behavior for all folders. any ideas how to resolve this? Thanks. -- ...

Exchange Service Password
Hi, I need to change the exchange service password on my exchange55 server, my server is a single server member server in a site and there are multiple sites in our organisation. my server is linked to the headoffice server which is also a single member server in its own site in its own domain which is the external IMS server connected to the internet. Would I need to do anything more in addition to changing the password on my Exchange service account and changing the password on all local exchange server services on my member server? Every site in the org uses its own service accou...

User has full access by default in one company
I am on Dynamics 10, and have 5 companies within. For all time prior, every user was set up as an Accounting Manager within each company. I have created a security role to prevent users from being able to print checks, and it works perfectly on 2/5 companies. However on the remaining 3 I noticed that I still had complete access to everything as my test user. I removed ALL security roles, and STILL could access Transactions,Inquiry, Reports and cards (and all subcategories therein). My thinking is that there has to be an original setting / task somewhere from which the user is i...

How do you turn off autoformatting?
I am making a spreadsheet that is essentially a record. In one of the cells, I am entering the old/new values for something as 4/80, which Excel instantly turns into April-80. I can format the the cell back to General, but the number that results is not 4/80. And if I go in and reset it to 4/80 again, the autoformatting kicks in again and the whole process starts over. While there are plenty of ways I could work around this, from changing the way I enter the data on up, it has become a sort of matter of honor now. How the heck do I stop Excel from overriding everything I enter? -- nickt --...

login -- changed my password
silly me, not knowing that it wasn't my fault I changed the .NET password on the microsoft site. Now I'm getting the "Your sign-in name is not associated with your file" error. wonderful. Endre I had the same problem and thought maybe I had a virus or something. My password just suddenly didn't work and I changed my passport too. I changed it back to what it was. I'll be furious if this problem isn't fixed. I have about a years worth of stuff in Money and was just getting ready to use it to put together a budget, in addition to the fact that I haven'...

SQL Server User Groups
I'm trying to find, or maybe start, a SQL Server user group in Sacramento, CA. Web searches have been of minimal help, though I did find http://sqlserver.meetup.com/cities/us/ca/sacramento/ and LinkedIn produced an interesting list of SQL Server people in Sac. Searching the Microsoft site produced very little, though I remember finding something a couple years ago. I found http://www.sqlpass.org too, but they have nothing in Sacramento. "Jay" <spam@nospam.org> wrote in message news:%23VJbStxsKHA.6004@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I'm trying to fin...

Manipulating the Access 2007 User Interface
1) How can I programically eliminate, hide or minimize that damned Ribbon? 2) How can I hide the Navigation bar? In short, how can I lock users out from accessing the underlying objects unless I want them to have that access? Hi, here it is: http://accessblog.net/2010/01/how-to-hide-access-2007-office-button.html -- Best regards, ___________ Alex Dybenko (MVP) http://accessblog.net http://www.PointLtd.com "David C. Holley" <David.C.Holley> wrote in message news:u25djVmuKHA.2436@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > 1) How can I programically eliminate, ...

How do I stop bullet letter (a, b, c) from turning greek?
When I create a document in which I have used letters for bulletted lists (ie, a), b), c) etc), when I print or reopen it, the letters have changed to Greek characters alpha, beta etc. How can I stop this from happening? Thanks very much. Wow, I cannot duplicate this in any version of Publisher. Maybe you are using a different type font. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "allythegeek" <allythegeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3FD4415-6A6E-4EA1-97BD-0FF22ADFBB5A@microsoft.com... &...

Preview Pane turns itself back on
I've asked everyone to disable preview pane and I have one user who tells me that everytime she disables it, it turns itself back on. She can disable it in the inbox, go to sent mail folder, return to inbox and it's back on. Help! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Exchane E-TUrn Configuration
Hi. Can anyone please point me in the direction of a document that details the configuration of two exchange servers in different active directory domains where one must receive mails for a specific domain and park them and the other dials-up every hour and retrieves these mails? I believe I have to use E-turn for this? Thanks you ...

I love Mac Users :)
(\__/) (='.'=) (")_(") I m male from istanbul / turkey. 31 years old. and married. I dont english well. I want practices from mac friends. take care Tokay Erdil Hello Tokay, Good to hear from you! Don't worry about your English -- if we don't understand your problem with Office we can ask you more about it. But for corresponding with other people to improve your English, my guess is that you will probably get better results from a newsgroup or listserv that doesn't specialize in just one type of software as this one does. I am attaching all the messages I...

Users Creating Public Folders
We have pulbic folders set up for a number of things which are used by all the departments in our firm. This week we have seen two folders that have been created by the standard users. Does any body know how to stop this from happening??~ Help appreciated., Thanks Anthony "code_master" <codemaster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92C46948-F89D-43D7-B777-759C13FB2F45@microsoft.com... > We have pulbic folders set up for a number of things which are used by all > the departments in our firm. > This week we have seen two folders that have been creat...

How turn turn off warnings
I have a form which contains a button to run an update query. When clicking the button, it warns of running an update query to which one must respond "Yes". Then it informs you that it is going to update x number of records to which one must again respond "Yes". I have used macros in the past to turn off and then back on these warnings, but lately I have tried to write the code instead of macros. What would be the code for this? For reference, this is what I have right now: Private Sub UpdateMPS_Button_Click() On Error GoTo Err_UpdateMPS_Button_Click Dim stDocN...

How to turn Off and On the pesky Office Assistant?
I want to try to live without the Office Assistant. How can I turn it off? If I find I must have it, how do I turn it back on? Thanks, tmb Right clck the office assistant and select Options. Options that are selected cause the office assistant to display, so the more options you deselect, the less times the little guy will show up. You will probably want to leave "REspond to F1 Key" selected (checked), so that you know you can always recall office assistant by pressing F1. Judy Freed "tmb" <topmailbox@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:MLfLb.219948$%h4.209554...

Turn off Client message server side
I need to turn off client message about the status of the exchange servers on the server aide. Is that possible? We have users how gets messages through the day about the exchange server. Can I turn this off server side? Which message is this? On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 11:40:17 -0500, "AJ" <ajohnso9@jcpenney.com> wrote: >I need to turn off client message about the status of the exchange servers >on the server aide. Is that possible? We have users how gets messages >through the day about the exchange server. Can I turn this off server side? > > ...

Outlook is running in the background. How do I turn it off?
Outlook is running in the bckground. Don't know why or how. How do I stop it? Some common reasons why Outlook will not shut down completely when you click either the X or Exit: 1. PDA synchronization software with your PDA in the cradle. (activesync, iTunes, etc.) 2. WinFax Pro (especially 10.02 in Outlook 2003) - contact their support for an alleged fix. 3. Franklin-Covey Plan Plus! 4. COM Add-ins. 5. Mail reminder add-ins that keep a stub of Outlook open in the background to check for new mail and fire reminders. 6. Anti-virus/firewall programs that are set to scan i...

Password etc.
Microsoft mail is now demanding a password and login. Whats up? Have not had to do this prior. Bob Young password is splash "Bob Young" <ryoung0116@rogers.com> wrote in message news:uzCIaD7ZKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Microsoft mail is now demanding a password and login. Whats up? Have not > had to do this prior. > > Bob Young First, test your password by logging in to your webmail. If that works, it proves you have the correct username and password. A likely reason for the username/password failing is account corruption. One thing y...

Moving users to a new mailbox
Good afternoon, I have three Exchange 2003 server. One front-end server and the others are back-end servers. I have to move some users from one back-end server to the other. Will I have to update Outlook after doing this? What about OWA? Will that continue to work as well? TIA, Ray Outlook and OWA should manage the mailbox move transparently. Make the move, while the user is not in Outlook/OWA then when they next logon in it should be done. Nue "Ray Jette" <rjette@mestek.com> wrote in message news:e8ON3HLPGHA.3896@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Good afternoon, > ...

passwords #9
We have 5 user accounts set and one of them has been setup with a password. We can't retrieve nor delete the password. Can someone please help?????? Lost mad ...