How do I setup basic triggers in SQL? Please help I'm new to trigg

Does anyone have suggestions or template for creating basic triggers in SQL?

I am absolute beginer when it comes to triggers, I just understand the basic
concept of what a trigger does.

My goal is to copy certain fields FROM the SOP10100 (header) & SOP10200
(detail) tables TO a newly created table based on a certain criteria in the
SOP tables. How would I do this?

Do I need to start by right clicking on both SOP10100 & SOP10200 and go to
the option "Manage Triggers" to create the triggers?

How would I create the syntax for the trigger? Like when I click on Manage
triggers it shows the following by default:

CREATE TRIGGER [TRIGGER NAME] ON [dbo].[SOP10100]
FOR INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE
AS

How do I modify the above statement to do the following task for example,
Insert or Copy fields SOPNUMBE (Doc #), DOCDATE, CUSTNMBR (Customer #) FROM
SOP10100 where DOCDATE = 8/1/2008 INTO my newly created table

Also, once I have created the syntax for the trigger, how to I "attach" to
the table and make sure it is "activated" so that if it meets the criteria of
the query it will start executing?

Please please help!!!!! Thanks!

You need to grab a good book on SQL (and the one I have does not cover
triggers).  Try Borders or such and look for a book that covers triggers.

You need to not only add a trigger but you need to make sure it executes
last.  Other triggers can exist on those tables.

If you are not comfortable writing SQL, get someone to do it for you.  It
can be tricky and will mess up your DB if done incorrectly.  You also need to
understand the UPDATED, INSERTED, and DELETED temp table only available
inside your trigger.  You grab the changed, inserted, or deleted data from
these temp tables depending on the type of action taken.

As for attaching the trigger to your table, you listed the syntax that does
that.  The CREATE TRIGGER MyName ON SOP10200......  creates the trigger AND
attaches it to the table.  You also need to understand the DROP TRIGGER
MyName command to detach and erase your trigger.
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"GPLoveHateRelationship" wrote:

> Does anyone have suggestions or template for creating basic triggers in SQL?
>
> I am absolute beginer when it comes to triggers, I just understand the basic
> concept of what a trigger does.
>
> My goal is to copy certain fields FROM the SOP10100 (header) & SOP10200
> (detail) tables TO a newly created table based on a certain criteria in the
> SOP tables. How would I do this?
>
> Do I need to start by right clicking on both SOP10100 & SOP10200 and go to
> the option "Manage Triggers" to create the triggers?
>
> How would I create the syntax for the trigger? Like when I click on Manage
> triggers it shows the following by default:
>
> CREATE TRIGGER [TRIGGER NAME] ON [dbo].[SOP10100]
> FOR INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE
> AS
>
> How do I modify the above statement to do the following task for example,
> Insert or Copy fields SOPNUMBE (Doc #), DOCDATE, CUSTNMBR (Customer #) FROM
> SOP10100 where DOCDATE = 8/1/2008 INTO my newly created table
>
> Also, once I have created the syntax for the trigger, how to I "attach" to
> the table and make sure it is "activated" so that if it meets the criteria of
> the query it will start executing?
>
> Please please help!!!!! Thanks!

0
info4071 (3004)
8/7/2008 1:52:00 AM
I completely agree with Richard. SQL Triggers does not fall in place by just
referring some forum posts.

There are abundant references available online for SQL Triggers. Try this
book: "SQL Server 2005 T-SQL Receipes: A Problem-Solution Approach" by Joseph
Sack.

This book gives very simple yet complete definition on each T-SQL topics.

Hope this helps.

--
Regards,
Vaidy

"GPLoveHateRelationship" wrote:

> Does anyone have suggestions or template for creating basic triggers in SQL?
>
> I am absolute beginer when it comes to triggers, I just understand the basic
> concept of what a trigger does.
>
> My goal is to copy certain fields FROM the SOP10100 (header) & SOP10200
> (detail) tables TO a newly created table based on a certain criteria in the
> SOP tables. How would I do this?
>
> Do I need to start by right clicking on both SOP10100 & SOP10200 and go to
> the option "Manage Triggers" to create the triggers?
>
> How would I create the syntax for the trigger? Like when I click on Manage
> triggers it shows the following by default:
>
> CREATE TRIGGER [TRIGGER NAME] ON [dbo].[SOP10100]
> FOR INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE
> AS
>
> How do I modify the above statement to do the following task for example,
> Insert or Copy fields SOPNUMBE (Doc #), DOCDATE, CUSTNMBR (Customer #) FROM
> SOP10100 where DOCDATE = 8/1/2008 INTO my newly created table
>
> Also, once I have created the syntax for the trigger, how to I "attach" to
> the table and make sure it is "activated" so that if it meets the criteria of
> the query it will start executing?
>
> Please please help!!!!! Thanks!

0
Vaidy (155)
8/7/2008 5:18:00 AM
In GP10, both of these tables have got a new trigger attached to them to
update the new TimeStamp column in each of these tables.  If you're not very
careful about how you write your trigger this can case a "cascade" of endless
trigger firings (we found out when we upgraded from 8 to 10, and crashed SQL).

For the developer types in the audience, this TimeStamp field is in a least
16 of the most common transactional tables.  Watch out for it when you're
upgrading clients with your custom triggers attached.

Please read what Richard and Vaidy are saying.
--
Tim Foster

"GPLoveHateRelationship" wrote:

> Does anyone have suggestions or template for creating basic triggers in SQL?
>
> I am absolute beginer when it comes to triggers, I just understand the basic
> concept of what a trigger does.
>
> My goal is to copy certain fields FROM the SOP10100 (header) & SOP10200
> (detail) tables TO a newly created table based on a certain criteria in the
> SOP tables. How would I do this?
>
> Do I need to start by right clicking on both SOP10100 & SOP10200 and go to
> the option "Manage Triggers" to create the triggers?
>
> How would I create the syntax for the trigger? Like when I click on Manage
> triggers it shows the following by default:
>
> CREATE TRIGGER [TRIGGER NAME] ON [dbo].[SOP10100]
> FOR INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE
> AS
>
> How do I modify the above statement to do the following task for example,
> Insert or Copy fields SOPNUMBE (Doc #), DOCDATE, CUSTNMBR (Customer #) FROM
> SOP10100 where DOCDATE = 8/1/2008 INTO my newly created table
>
> Also, once I have created the syntax for the trigger, how to I "attach" to
> the table and make sure it is "activated" so that if it meets the criteria of
> the query it will start executing?
>
> Please please help!!!!! Thanks!

0
tfoster (136)
8/7/2008 12:15:00 PM
First, definately get a good book.

Your example though sounds more like a scheduled job than a trigger.  If
you're just looking to copy the info as the transactions are created then a
trigger is the way to go.  However if this copying doesn't have to happen
immediately then you could create a stored procedure to hanld the copy part
and then schedule that to run after hours.
--
Jim@TurboChef

"GPLoveHateRelationship" wrote:

> Does anyone have suggestions or template for creating basic triggers in SQL?
>
> I am absolute beginer when it comes to triggers, I just understand the basic
> concept of what a trigger does.
>
> My goal is to copy certain fields FROM the SOP10100 (header) & SOP10200
> (detail) tables TO a newly created table based on a certain criteria in the
> SOP tables. How would I do this?
>
> Do I need to start by right clicking on both SOP10100 & SOP10200 and go to
> the option "Manage Triggers" to create the triggers?
>
> How would I create the syntax for the trigger? Like when I click on Manage
> triggers it shows the following by default:
>
> CREATE TRIGGER [TRIGGER NAME] ON [dbo].[SOP10100]
> FOR INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE
> AS
>
> How do I modify the above statement to do the following task for example,
> Insert or Copy fields SOPNUMBE (Doc #), DOCDATE, CUSTNMBR (Customer #) FROM
> SOP10100 where DOCDATE = 8/1/2008 INTO my newly created table
>
> Also, once I have created the syntax for the trigger, how to I "attach" to
> the table and make sure it is "activated" so that if it meets the criteria of
> the query it will start executing?
>
> Please please help!!!!! Thanks!

0
jim.harris (398)
8/7/2008 1:34:01 PM
GPLoveHate,

To create a trigger on your SOP10100 and SOP10200 tables to write to your
custom tables do the following:

create trigger fooTrigger1 on SOP10100 for INSERT, UPDATE
as

insert myFooTable (sopnumbe, soptype, field1, field2,..., fieldn)
select sopnumbe, soptype, field1, field2,..., fieldn
from inserted
GO

You may also need a delete trigger for when records are removed from the
SOP10100

create trigger fooTrigger2 on SOP10100 for DELETE
as

delete from myFooTable
from DELETED d inner join myFooTable a on (d.sopnumbe = a.sopnumbe)
GO

The same will apply for your SOP10200 table.

Generally speaking multiple triggers on the same table for the same action
are not fired in a predefined oreder.We can do this by using the system
stored procedure sp_settriggerorder. Do not try to do the same with INSTEAD
OF triggers. You will receive an error.

I have taken the definition of sp_settriggerorder from Books OnLine as
follows:

sp_settriggerorder [ @triggername = ] ‘[ triggerschema. ] triggername‘
        , [ @order = ] ‘value‘
        , [ @stmttype = ] ‘statement_type‘
        [ , [ @namespace = ] { ‘DATABASE’ | ‘SERVER’ | NULL } ]

A brief explanation of the arguments follows.

[ @triggername = ] ‘[ triggerschema. ] triggername‘
It is the name of the trigger and the schema to which it belongs.

[ @order = ] ‘value‘
Is the setting for the new order of the trigger. value is varchar(10) and it
can be any one of the following values.

First - Trigger is fired first.
Last - Trigger is fired last.
None - Trigger is fired in undefined order.

[ @stmttype = ] ‘statement_type‘
Specifies the SQL statement that fires the trigger. statement_type is
varchar(50) and can be INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE.
@namespace = { ‘DATABASE’ | ‘SERVER’ | NULL }

I suggest you consult with your database administrator before implementing
any of these actions.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"GPLoveHateRelationship" wrote:

> Does anyone have suggestions or template for creating basic triggers in SQL?
>
> I am absolute beginer when it comes to triggers, I just understand the basic
> concept of what a trigger does.
>
> My goal is to copy certain fields FROM the SOP10100 (header) & SOP10200
> (detail) tables TO a newly created table based on a certain criteria in the
> SOP tables. How would I do this?
>
> Do I need to start by right clicking on both SOP10100 & SOP10200 and go to
> the option "Manage Triggers" to create the triggers?
>
> How would I create the syntax for the trigger? Like when I click on Manage
> triggers it shows the following by default:
>
> CREATE TRIGGER [TRIGGER NAME] ON [dbo].[SOP10100]
> FOR INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE
> AS
>
> How do I modify the above statement to do the following task for example,
> Insert or Copy fields SOPNUMBE (Doc #), DOCDATE, CUSTNMBR (Customer #) FROM
> SOP10100 where DOCDATE = 8/1/2008 INTO my newly created table
>
> Also, once I have created the syntax for the trigger, how to I "attach" to
> the table and make sure it is "activated" so that if it meets the criteria of
> the query it will start executing?
>
> Please please help!!!!! Thanks!

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
8/7/2008 4:09:01 PM
Thanks to everyone for their suggestions on my question.

Alright, I will definetely get myself a good SQL book that covers triggers.

But I am really hoping I can accomplish this by some other easier way such
as using DTS export package, instead of messing around with triggers, because
I am not a developer and try to avoid coding as much as possible.

The idea is to pull certain columns of data from newly created Sales Invoice
data from the SOP header/line tables and have it sent to a 3rd party
warehouse so that they can ship the goods to the Customer.

I'm hoping I can just create a DTS export package on a scheduler to pull
certain fields based on a query and export that off into a flat file for
upload. In my query I'll need to put several criteria to make sure that only
newly created or updated sales invoices are shipped off. Perhaps I can say if
Modified Date = today's date, pick those records?

Thanks again everyone for all the feedback and suggestions. Much much
appreciated...GPLoveHateRelationship

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> [...]
> > (detail) tables TO a newly created table based on a certain criteria in the
> > SOP tables. How would I do this?
> >
> > Do I need to start by right clicking on both SOP10100 & SOP10200 and go to
> > the option "Manage Triggers" to create the triggers?
> >
> > How would I create the syntax for the trigger? Like when I click on Manage
> > triggers it shows the following by default:
> >
> > CREATE TRIGGER [TRIGGER NAME] ON [dbo].[SOP10100]
> > FOR INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE
> > AS
> >
> > How do I modify the above statement to do the following task for example,
> > Insert or Copy fields SOPNUMBE (Doc #), DOCDATE, CUSTNMBR (Customer #) FROM
> > SOP10100 where DOCDATE = 8/1/2008 INTO my newly created table
> >
> > Also, once I have created the syntax for the trigger, how to I "attach" to
> > the table and make sure it is "activated" so that if it meets the criteria of

Mariano,

I just created a trigger to catch who change customer credit limit.
It works fine and show me the old limit and new limit.
I also want to know who changes the credit limit.
Can you tell me how to get the user info in my trigger?
Thank you very much.

Samuel

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> [...]
> > (detail) tables TO a newly created table based on a certain criteria in the
> > SOP tables. How would I do this?
> >
> > Do I need to start by right clicking on both SOP10100 & SOP10200 and go to
> > the option "Manage Triggers" to create the triggers?
> >
> > How would I create the syntax for the trigger? Like when I click on Manage
> > triggers it shows the following by default:
> >
> > CREATE TRIGGER [TRIGGER NAME] ON [dbo].[SOP10100]
> > FOR INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE
> > AS
> >
> > How do I modify the above statement to do the following task for example,
> > Insert or Copy fields SOPNUMBE (Doc #), DOCDATE, CUSTNMBR (Customer #) FROM
> > SOP10100 where DOCDATE = 8/1/2008 INTO my newly created table
> >
> > Also, once I have created the syntax for the trigger, how to I "attach" to
> > the table and make sure it is "activated" so that if it meets the criteria of

0
stien (86)

The best Exchange setup in a small hosting setup
I need to set up at small hosting setup where the users can access their email through RPC-HTTPS and webmail. But what do I need? One ISA server? One front-end server? One back-end server? Some clustering or is it overkill? Best Regards Martin - You can do it with as little as a single Exchange server and a firewall. - In a single server environment, FE/BE topology doesn't really buy you much... - Clustering can be an overkill or not, depending on what your goals are. If high-availability is a valued goal, you could look at clustering (and the investments that go with a clustered ...

Page Setup
Hi, I have a problem with Excel XP in that when I preview a page which is in Landscape, it automatically displays as portrait. When I resize it, it goes back to landscape but then back to portarit again ! Any ideas ? Many thanks. Colin. If you change printer drivers, does it happen? If no, then I'd download a newer/fresh printer driver for that troublesome printer. Any chance you have some helpful macro jumping in to fix the page setup for you? If you open the workbook with macros disabled, does it still happen? Colin wrote: > > Hi, > > I have a problem with Excel X...

New 8.0 Feature: Enter or change back ordered or canceled quantit
According to the enhancements manual: You have the option to enter or change information in the Qty to Back Order and Qty Canceled fields in the Sales Order Fulfillment window by marking one or both of the following options in the Sales Order Setup window, the Sales Invoice Setup window, and the Sales Fulfillment Order/ Invoice Setup window: • Enable Quantity to Back Order in Sales Order Fulfillment • Enable Quantity Canceled in Sales Order Fulfillment I have set these options on the Sales Order Setup window. Where is the Sales Fulfillment Order Setup Window? Where is the Sales Order...

excel page setup
Hello, I have a spreadsheet and I am using cells a:k50, but when I go to see the end of my spreadsheet it tells me I have used cells a:ak 295. I have 35 sheets like this and is is making the file bigger than it has to be. I have tried deleting, clear, page preview setup but nothing seems to clear and make my page a1: k53. Any suggestions. Thank You Select the row following the end of your data. Ctrl+Shift+Down Arrow to select all rows beyond your data and Edit>Delete. Select the column following the end of your data. Ctrl+Shift+Right Arrow (US) to select all columns beyond your data...

How to: selected messages create "new message alert"?
Hi, using Outlook 2002 I would like some mails to be automatically moved to a specific mailbox and NOT create a new message alert (sound, letter icon in taskbar). This might be for example postlists I'm subscribed to since there are sometimes minutes between messages... Is this possible? VB scripting maybe? thanx David Uncheck the universal new mail sound and set it individually on your mails via rules wizard. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my person...

HELP!! NESTING FUNCTION
What do I do to this argument below if when d47 is negative but c47 is positive, how can I add it so that if this is the case........ take g47/d47 Here is what i wrote with error =3DIF(AND(C47<0,D47<0),ABS(G47/D47),IF((C47<0),G47/C47+1,G47/D47),IF((,D47<= 0)=AD, G47/D47+1,G47/D47)) On 30 Jan 2006 05:50:38 -0800, "bullandbear1987" <bullandbear1987@gmail.com> wrote: > What do I do to this argument below if when d47 is negative but c47 is > > positive, how can I add it so that if this is the case........ take > g47/d47 > > >Here is what...

sql.request #2
Does anyone have a comprehensible guide on how to use it that a dolt like me can follow? Every time I try I get a #N/A. The only guide I can find is at http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfiles/UsingSqlRequest.zip but it's really hard to follow. From the MSDN Library: http://msdn.microsoft.com/archive/default.asp?url=/archive/en-us/office97/html/SEC41.asp Not sure how familiar you are with ODBC; but if you are getting #N/A as a result, it is usually because of problems either with the SQL syntax or the connection string. There are a few examples of connection strings in the re...

Playlists won't delete -- HELP!
Ok, so I just bought a new laptop with Win7 on it. I copied some playlists I created on my desktop computer (that uses Win Vista 32-bit) and put them in the proper folder to play them on my laptop. They were recognized by Windows Media Player, but none of the songs would play. I eventually gave up and deleted them and even deleted them out of my recycle bin. However, even after restarting my laptop twice now, when I open Windows Media Player, the playlists are still listed. When I try and click on one, nothing pulls up. How can I get these out of there? Never had this issu...

Outlook Archive Old to New
Recently upgraded from stand alone Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003 and Exchange Server, but am not able to archive some of my folders... Get Microsoft Office Outlook window "Error while archiving folder "name" in store "Mailbox-Me". You are attempting to archive your data to a Microsoft Outlook 97-2002 Personal Folders File (.pst) which is a non-Unicode data file. To preserve multilingual data, you must choose a Unicode data file, such as the Microsoft Office Outlook Personal Folders File (.pst). See Help for more information." Is there anyway to convert the old...

copying charts into new sheets, data is pulled from old sheet
i make a sheet with a load of data and some graphs, then i want to copy the whole thing into a new sheet to process some similar but different data, all the cell references translate cleanly, and refer to the new sheet however, the graphs reflec tthe previous sheets ranges and data. how can i copy the graphs so they refer to cells on the new sheet? btw i know excel pretty well, and i could go through and drag new data on, but i would like about 30 graphs per sheet, so its tedious. thanks instead of copying just the data, use the Move or Copy Sheet option under Edit and copy the whol...

Account setup is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.
I just upgraded to money '05 because my bank no longer allows acess using money '02. I have been getting this message for TWO WEEKS now. I set up three accounts with no problem, then this message over and over every day. I have tried starting a new account and I still get the same message. Surely MS's server has not been down this whole time, so I guess the problem is on my end. Please Help! In microsoft.public.money, lostmymirth wrote: >I just upgraded to money '05 because my bank no longer allows acess using >money '02. I have been getting this message for T...

Excel RoundUp in Transact-SQL
Last week I posted the following computation in Excel... roundup(roundup(rate * 500),4) - roundup(rate * 200,4) + polfee,2) ((6.108934 * (500000/1000)) - (200 * 6.108934) + 1311.51) = 3144.20 In SQL using round(num,4) = 3144.19 I've moded this to... round(num+0.0005,4) = 3144.20 This works most of the time but occasionally I'm still off from what Excel returns. I'm under 2% in my 342 calcs, so it's do-able and we'll explain if any client notes this that we've reduced their pmt by .01 cents. BUT, I'd still like a way to replicate Excel'...

[ANN] The Entourage Help Blog: "Updated Exchange setup script supports Entourage 2008"
I've posted version 2.0 of my EntourageExchangeSetup AppleScript on The Entourage Help Page that includes support for Microsoft Entourage 2008's Kerberos feature as well as some minor additions and bug fixes. This AppleScript is intended to be modified by an administrator to assist his Entourage users with the setups of their Exchange server accounts. It has been tested specifically with Entourage 2004 11.2.6, 11.3.3, 11.3.7 and Entourage 12.00, 12.0.1 and 12.1.0 but should work with any version of Entourage 2004 SP2 (11.2.0) and higher. Every company's network is different...

Format of the What's This Popup Help Text file
Hello folks, I am looking for any reference materials for the "What's This" popup help text files we can create. Can we include comments, or line breaks in the text? Can we define the popup display window properties? Does anyone know where I can look? Thanks When I've implemented this feature, I just you any help engine format that supports context. Then, in your handler, you can tell the help what to pop up. This might be a good place to start: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/241218 Tom "Cameron_C" <CameronC@discussions.microsoft.co...

I need the template wizard with data tracking in excel 2003,help!
Can anyone tell me how to get the template wizard with data tracking from excel 2002 into excel 2003... When I downloaded the file it installs but is no where to be found... I have searched for *.xla (template extention) and it does not appear anywhere... Please HELP... -- Thanks DT Hi The Add-in is working in 2003 only the install file is not working. Copy the xla file from a PC with 2002 to the PC with 2003 and it will work(use Tools>add-ins to browse to the file in Excel) If you don't have a PC with 2002 then mail me private and then i send you the xla file -- Regards Ron...

MSDE or SQL Personal or SQL Developer? or SQL Workstation?
Hi, which one is better for personal non-server computer? MSDE? SQL Personal? SQL Developer? SQL Workstation? Thank you. It depends on what edition of GP you are going to run. If you are going to use Professional, you need to go with SQL Server developer, assuming you are installing on a non-server OS. "ano" wrote: > Hi, which one is better for personal non-server computer? MSDE? SQL Personal? > SQL Developer? SQL Workstation? > Thank you. Is the function of SQL Developer the same as Enterprise edition? How about personal edition? Can it be used for GP Pro? Can dev...

Please help with formula
I would like a formula that would give me the following answer: If A1 displays 10.5 B2 displays 10.3 B3 displays 10.7 B4 displays 10.1 Then C2 displays difference between A1 & B2 C3 displays difference between A1 & B3 C4 displays difference between A1 & B4 etc etc I hope this makes sense..... Thank You in advance for any replies. "exntluser" <exntluser@ntl.gone> wrote: > C2 displays difference between A1 & B2 > C3 displays difference between A1 & B3 > C4 displays difference between A1 & ...

SETUP
HOW DO I SET IT UP. Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-finish -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "home" <phillipsjamest@att.net> wrote in message news:u1ikLZSALHA.980@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > HOW DO I SET IT UP. "home" <phillipsjamest@att.net> wrote in message news:u1ikLZSALHA.980@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > HOW DO I SET IT UP. Start here and look for mail settings. ht...

Checkbox help
This is what i am trying to do. I have one column with check boxes. Second with numbers. Third with a cumilative column. Total at the bottom. If the box is checked add it to the total if not, don't add it. 1| CB | 21 | 21 | 2| CB | 31 | 52 | 3| CB | 12 | 64 | Total 64 Thanks -- Steve_K ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Steve_K's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29136 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=488565 If the checkboxes are forms checkboxes, and linked to c...

Anonymous Access setup
I have a request to turn on anonymous access (MOSS 2007). We only have one Site collection and it’s an Intranet that uses Authentication Type; Windows and Integrated Windows Authentication. It seems straight forward first Enable IIS Anonymous Authentication, second Enable anonymous access for the Web Application needed, turn on anonymous access for list or site. Question: If I turn on anonymous access without enabling it on any sites or lists will my users notice anything different? I assume they will not notice anything. Next question; if I enable anonymous authentication on...

code to create new entry in linked table
hey everyone, here's my problem: I have 2 tables. one contains a list of serial numbers for cd's, along with other information. the second table is linked to the first, and contains the serial and the number of spare copies I have. (i cannot incorporate this into the first table) I have a form who's source is a query which has all the fields from the first table plus the extracopies from the second table. I have a + and - button beneath the extracopies field, to increase or decrease this number. What I want to do, is if I have no entry in the second table for a serial nu...

Histogram Question, Please
Hello, Using W7 and Excel 2007. Still a bit uncertain re some of the "nuances" of Histograms, although I can generate one. a. If I have Bins for the data set up as, e.g., 100, 105, 110, 115... How are data values that has a value of 103, 106, 114, etc. that fall between handled ? Are they included in a preceding, or following, Bin ? b. The columns on the Histogram have "large" horizontal spaces separating them (the Bins) when plotted. Any way to make the columns as plotted be essentially contiguous; right next to each other ? Thanks, Bob On Jan 4, 4:22=A0am, B...

Add-in for SQL Server Analysis Services
Hi Has anyone any experience with the above add-in they want to share? Some information can be found here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=DAE82128-9F21-475D-88A4-4B6E6C069FF0&displaylang=en (What I am after is how to create and maintain live data connection between SAP and Excel) Regards Hans knudsen ...

outlook 2003
I am using outlook 2003. I created a contacts folder yesterday. But this morning when i opened my outlook to send an email that folder wasn't there. But when i went to address book i can see that folder in address book but not in my regular contacts folders. Can someone explain me why is that? and how do i make that folder appear in my regular contacts folder? I searched online most of the people have problem not seeing the contacts in address book, but this is totally opposite. Thank you again, Jack jack <jackbrown_890@yahoo.com> wrote: > I am using outlook 2003. > I create...

OFFICE 2004 won't install properly on my new MacBook
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I have tried to install my student version of MS Office 2004 for Mac on my new MacBook {after my previous powerbook was stolen} several and although it appears to install correctly, when I try to open the application I get an error message saying that Word/Powerpoint, etc. cannot load the shared libraries and that they may have been moved from their original location or that Office needs to be reinstalled to ensure the files are installed correctly. Even after reinstalling the same thing happens. I installed this exact disc for my previo...