how do I disable mekorma micr for a user?

it was disabled once before and now she can process a batch because it thinks
she is using it. we no longer use it.

I see that through the security/permissions you can. and she still is
disabled but she gets the window saying that it is not installed when she
tries to print checks. so something is not completly disabled at this point
even though she has not been getting this message for months now after
mekorma was first disabled for her.

"database setup not complete error messag" wrote:

> it was disabled once before and now she can process a batch because it thinks
> she is using it. we no longer use it.
There's a pretty complicated procedure for uninstalling Mekorma from a user's
workstation in an appendix in the Mekorma Installation and Usage Guide. I had
to follow it to get it off of one of our workstations. Apparently the folks
at Mekorma don't know how to write an uninstall utility - you have to do a
lot of manual deletions to clean it up.

--
Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO

"database setup not complete error messag" wrote:

> I see that through the security/permissions you can. and she still is
> disabled but she gets the window saying that it is not installed when she
> tries to print checks. so something is not completly disabled at this point
> even though she has not been getting this message for months now after
> mekorma was first disabled for her.
>
> "database setup not complete error messag" wrote:
>
> > it was disabled once before and now she can process a batch because it thinks
> > she is using it. we no longer use it.
0
Bud (544)
1/14/2008 10:43:03 PM
OK. I will try that. I tried to download their docs from their site but it
just sat there and cranked (and we have a T3). :-(

"Bud" wrote:

> There's a pretty complicated procedure for uninstalling Mekorma from a user's
> workstation in an appendix in the Mekorma Installation and Usage Guide. I had
> to follow it to get it off of one of our workstations. Apparently the folks
> at Mekorma don't know how to write an uninstall utility - you have to do a
> lot of manual deletions to clean it up.
>

> --
> Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
> HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO
> GP 9.0, SP2
>

> "database setup not complete error messag" wrote:
>
> > I see that through the security/permissions you can. and she still is
> > disabled but she gets the window saying that it is not installed when she
> > tries to print checks. so something is not completly disabled at this point
> > even though she has not been getting this message for months now after
> > mekorma was first disabled for her.
> >
> > "database setup not complete error messag" wrote:
> >
> > > it was disabled once before and now she can process a batch because it thinks
> > > she is using it. we no longer use it.
Hmm..I just downloaded the Users Guide in about 10 seconds...you better go
wiggle your network cable :-)

The instructions for removing it start on page 81. Good luck!

--
Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO
GP 9.0, SP2

"database setup not complete error messag" wrote:

> OK. I will try that. I tried to download their docs from their site but it
> just sat there and cranked (and we have a T3). :-(
>
> "Bud" wrote:
>
> > There's a pretty complicated procedure for uninstalling Mekorma from a user's
> > workstation in an appendix in the Mekorma Installation and Usage Guide. I had
> > to follow it to get it off of one of our workstations. Apparently the folks
> > at Mekorma don't know how to write an uninstall utility - you have to do a
> > lot of manual deletions to clean it up.
> >

> > --
> > Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
> > HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO
> > GP 9.0, SP2
> >

> > "database setup not complete error messag" wrote:
> >
> > > I see that through the security/permissions you can. and she still is
> > > disabled but she gets the window saying that it is not installed when she
> > > tries to print checks. so something is not completly disabled at this point
> > > even though she has not been getting this message for months now after
> > > mekorma was first disabled for her.

0
Bud (544)
1/14/2008 10:55:03 PM
no need. they were installed on the system along with the product. But an
online search of their kb
says->http://www.mekorma.com/documents/Disabling%20MICR.pdf (I had to go here
as the PDF I had installed said go to the "options" menu but it doesn't tell
you how and I couldn't find it).

"Bud" wrote:

> Hmm..I just downloaded the Users Guide in about 10 seconds...you better go
> wiggle your network cable :-)
>
> The instructions for removing it start on page 81. Good luck!
>
> --
> Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
> HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO
> GP 9.0, SP2
>

> "database setup not complete error messag" wrote:
>
> > OK. I will try that. I tried to download their docs from their site but it
> > just sat there and cranked (and we have a T3). :-(
> >
> > "Bud" wrote:
> >
> > > There's a pretty complicated procedure for uninstalling Mekorma from a user's
> > > workstation in an appendix in the Mekorma Installation and Usage Guide. I had
> > > to follow it to get it off of one of our workstations. Apparently the folks
> > > at Mekorma don't know how to write an uninstall utility - you have to do a
> > > lot of manual deletions to clean it up.
> > >

> > > --
> > > Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
> > > HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO
> > > GP 9.0, SP2

I am sorry you are having problems. If you are having any trouble installing
Mekorma MICR, please call us. Our technical support team is available from
6:00 am (Pacific) - 5:00 pm (Pacific) Monday - Thursday and from 6:00 until
4:00 on Fridays. Unlimited calls to technical support are free with the
yearly enhancement fee.

Even if your agreement is not current, if you are just trying to remove the
product, we will be happy to help. The instructions in the rear of the user
guide give a few variations on uninstalling depending upon how "uninstalled"
you want it to be (e.g. uninstalling the code, but leaving the data or going
all the way and wiping your database clean as well.)

I happy also happy to report that our next releases will have a new
installer. This one has unistall capabilities built-in. Those release are due
this month.

Please call us at 888-MEKORMA for assistance. We will be happy to help.

"database setup not complete error messag" wrote:

> no need. they were installed on the system along with the product. But an
> online search of their kb
> says->http://www.mekorma.com/documents/Disabling%20MICR.pdf (I had to go here
> as the PDF I had installed said go to the "options" menu but it doesn't tell
> you how and I couldn't find it).
>
> "Bud" wrote:
>
> > Hmm..I just downloaded the Users Guide in about 10 seconds...you better go
> > wiggle your network cable :-)
> >
> > The instructions for removing it start on page 81. Good luck!
> >
> > --
> > Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
> > HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO
> > GP 9.0, SP2
> >

> > "database setup not complete error messag" wrote:
> >
> > > OK. I will try that. I tried to download their docs from their site but it
> > > just sat there and cranked (and we have a T3). :-(

0
Klapman (1)
1/15/2008 10:49:01 PM
The easiest way to do this is to remove MICR from the dynamics.set file altogether.  This will keep it from launching on that user's machine.  If you are using a terminal server you can keep two versions of the dynamics.set file and create two shortcuts.  If you look at the shortcut properties for GP you will see that the dynamics.set file is launched in conjunction with the .exe.  Just copy the original shortcut to and change the name of the .set file to the non-MiCR version.  Then you will need to create a new alternate/modified forms and reports ID that does not point to the MICR windows, but to the original GP windows and assign the non-micr user to that id in the appropriate company/s.

> On Monday, January 14, 2008 4:35 PM databasesetupnotcompleteerrormessa wrote:

> it was disabled once before and now she can process a batch because it thinks
> she is using it. we no longer use it.

>> On Monday, January 14, 2008 4:58 PM databasesetupnotcompleteerrormessa wrote:

>> I see that through the security/permissions you can. and she still is
>> disabled but she gets the window saying that it is not installed when she
>> tries to print checks. so something is not completly disabled at this point
>> even though she has not been getting this message for months now after
>> mekorma was first disabled for her.
>>
>> "database setup not complete error messag" wrote:

>>> On Monday, January 14, 2008 5:43 PM Bu wrote:

>>> There's a pretty complicated procedure for uninstalling Mekorma from a user's
>>> workstation in an appendix in the Mekorma Installation and Usage Guide. I had
>>> to follow it to get it off of one of our workstations. Apparently the folks
>>> at Mekorma don't know how to write an uninstall utility - you have to do a
>>> lot of manual deletions to clean it up.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
>>> HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO
>>> GP 9.0, SP2

0
lfrenzel (2)
9/8/2011 4:04:42 PM
The easiest way to do this is to remove MICR from the dynamics.set file altogether.  This will keep it from launching on that user's machine.  If you are using a terminal server you can keep two versions of the dynamics.set file and create two shortcuts.  If you look at the shortcut properties for GP you will see that the dynamics.set file is launched in conjunction with the .exe.  Just copy the original shortcut to and change the name of the .set file to the non-MiCR version.  Then you will need to create a new alternate/modified forms and reports ID that does not point to the MICR windows, but to the original GP windows and assign the non-micr user to that id in the appropriate company/s.

> On Monday, January 14, 2008 4:35 PM databasesetupnotcompleteerrormessa wrote:

> it was disabled once before and now she can process a batch because it thinks
> she is using it. we no longer use it.

>> On Monday, January 14, 2008 4:58 PM databasesetupnotcompleteerrormessa wrote:

>> I see that through the security/permissions you can. and she still is
>> disabled but she gets the window saying that it is not installed when she
>> tries to print checks. so something is not completly disabled at this point
>> even though she has not been getting this message for months now after
>> mekorma was first disabled for her.
>>
>> "database setup not complete error messag" wrote:

>>> On Monday, January 14, 2008 5:43 PM Bu wrote:

>>> There's a pretty complicated procedure for uninstalling Mekorma from a user's
>>> workstation in an appendix in the Mekorma Installation and Usage Guide. I had
>>> to follow it to get it off of one of our workstations. Apparently the folks
>>> at Mekorma don't know how to write an uninstall utility - you have to do a
>>> lot of manual deletions to clean it up.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
>>> HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO
>>> GP 9.0, SP2

0
lfrenzel (2)

Storing a Per User Per Session Variable
Hello All is there a way to store a number, generated by a table autonumber when a user "logs in", into a VBA variable of some kind that i can call again when the user is about to exit? would that be more efficient than storing it in a text box on my main always open form? -- As always, any and all help appreciated! :) Storing it in a text box on an always open form is actually better, since public variables can get reset by errors. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "DawnTreader" <DawnTr...

User form Default value in text box
Hi all. Quick question. I have a user form in excel which has a text box which i want to have the value defaulted to the current date. I've looked at several posting on this site but haven't gotten it to work yet. Any ideas on how to set the text box with the current date as a default value? Any help or direction is appreciated. Thanks. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-programming/201006/1 Hi, Try this way Private Sub UserForm_Activate() TextBox1.Text = Date End Sub -- Mike When competing hypotheses are oth...

caonnt create user in crm snap-in
Hi, when I want to create a user in crm snap-in I get an error saying that I do not have the right privileges to run the user wizard. It happens just after selecting the user from the domain. I am logged on as domin administrator - that domain administrator who has installed the crm server shortly beforte and under which the services are running. Moreover I am not able to logon to the crm site with my administrator account. I just get an error from crm server. Has anybody an idea? Thanx a lot... P. Verify that all the services have started properly. If you can't get into the web ...

Disable BU
A really quick one for you. If I disable a BU in MSCRM, does the corresponding OU in Active Directory become disabled? I think the answer probably 'No' as I actually cannot find a way to disable the OU manually and therefore cannot check, but if anyone has a definitive answer I would be grateful. Regards Peter John - thanks for your help. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >No, disabling BU in CRM will not disable corresponding OU in the AD, just like dissabling CRM user in CRM will not siable the corrsponding user in AD. > >"Pete" wrote: > &...

Distinguish local versus domain user account?
Is there a definitive test for whether the current user on a machine is operating under a local account or a domain account? I can see numerous ways to infer such a distinction, but nothing (in the API realm) that directly tells you this unambiguously. I suppose the LOGONSERVER environment variable is a pretty good indication? But I tend not to trust e-vars, in particular with console utilities. And if I call NetUserGetInfo, the logon server always comes back "\\*" as opposed to the DC that I actually validated against. For a number of other reasons, I really don...

how can disable service with bat file
Hi, Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. What service? "Vijay" wrote: > Hi, > > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. That's funny ... weren't we just talking about Permissions? :-) Anyway, the command to control a Windows Service (enable, start, stop, disable, etc) is SC.EXE. Run SC /? at a command prompt to see the syntax. Put the necessary SC command in a batch file, and you are all set. Hope it helps, Andrew -- amclar at ...

Print Preview "Prev Page" but is always disabled
Hello, I have created an MFC application and have added Printing and Print Preview capability. The only problem i have is that the Prev Page button on the Print Preview toolbar is always disabled. The "Two Pages" button and "Next Page" are enabled and work correctly. I am setting the CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage() and CPrintInfo::SetMinPage() and CPrintInfo::m_nCurPage values in OnPreparePrinting() but this doesnt seem to make a difference. Is their anything else that i can try which will enable this button? Thanks Andy ...

disable macro warning
I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - how do I turn off this warning screen upon entering system when I have no macros in the worksheet? You need to remove the module that contained the macro. Press ALT+F11, go to View > Project Explorer (if needed), right-click on the module(s), and remove it. Save. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter >system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - >how do I turn off this warnin...

Microsoft CRM Server User Input
I am trying to install Microsoft 3.0 server professional edition on a machine running Windows 2003 server. When selecting the organizational unit I selected the top node domain name. However, the setup fails giving the following error: Microsoft CRM Server User Input Details: "The following permissions are required for organizational unit and all child objects: read, write, modify permissions, create child objects, all extended rights. Current user does not have these permissions for the Active Directory Organizational Unit: DC=MyDomain,DC=com." Any suggestions? Hello Nawar ...

Adding multiple mailboxes for a user
I have a user account having access to all mailboxes in the organization. I am trying to add all the mailboxes (about 500 users) to the advanced settings, so that when I open Outlook I can view all the mailboxes. Is this possible through a script or some similar methods as it is so difficult to add 500 users manually. I run Exchange 2000 server with outlook 2000 clients. Please find below steps I used to accomplish this for smaller groups. I do this maually by going to Start>Settings>Control Panel>Mail> Exchange Server properties> Advanced setttings and I type in the name...

Delegate user for file sharing?
Hello All, We need to have ordinary users the ability to share folders on there local drives i am looking for a way to achieve this granular settings without giving more extra security option equivalent to Power user. Is this option available in delegation if yes what option to achieve that. Please advice Thanks, Hello Tal Bar-Or, Never heard about another way then making them Power users. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups ...

Disable sending Email
In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able to send out email untill permitted. Thanks On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:01:03 -0800, "SI" <SI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from >sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able >to send out email untill permitted. > >Thanks You can do this on Internet mail by setting the Delivery Restriction on the IMS to deny mail...

user forms #5
Hello, I have created a user form (click on New Employee). How do I get the information entered in to this form to appear in the correct columns in the Payroll data sheet? And how do I get the combo boxes to display the drop down information from the sheet called input. Regards Runner77 -- Runner77 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Runner77's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30388 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=500502 ...

Disable Cached Mode
Hi all! Is there any way to disable Cached Mode (CM) on Exchange 2003? Sure, I can do it with GPO, but some computers can be out of scope of this GPO and then they will be able to turn on the CM in their Offce 2003. But CM is critical security risk and I have to disable it. At http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010000781033.aspx?Product=out2003 I can read: "Exchange server administrators have the ability to disable this feature in Outlook. For more information, contact your Exchange server administrator. Additional information for administrators is available in the Mi...

Exchange 5.5 user problem: not receiving mail until sending mail
Hi - One (only one) user does not receive internal mail from a different site until he sends mail to that site (both servers Exchange 5.5, client is Windows XP w/ Outlook 2000 SP3), then he gets whatever is waiting for him in the queue all at once. Does not seem to happen when sending to the outside, only on internal servers--and it's only one user? Weird. Any ideas on how to resolve this issue or what is going on? Thanks! bhr The new mail notification uses UDP - it's likely that this is being blocked on the workstation itself by the built-in firewall after applying SP1 for XP. He...

SMTP being disabled
HI Exchange 2003 / Server 2003 I'm just having a world of problems with Exchange all of a sudden... It's been up and running about 2 months but all of a sudden it's going nuts... The SMTP service is being stopped and set to disabled. This is happening each morning around 1 AM. The only thing I can find in the event logs is event 7035 - The SMTP service was successfully sent a stop control and then Event 7040 - The start type of SMTP service was changed from auto start to disabled For the life of me, I can't find what is originating these commands.... I thought maybe t...

Users do not show up in GAL.
Hello all. I have this strange problem that users who resides in some AD OU's do not show up in the GAL in outlook. But they DO show up when i do a preview of the GAL on the Exchange Server. More info. The GAL is in the 'ShowInAddressBook' attribute. When i create a custom address list with those users in it, this works fine. The problem only exists with the GAL. We have an exchange 2000 server, fully patched in an Windows 2000 AD. Can anyone explain me this strange behaviour? Thank you very much for responding. Joeri I sometimes find that it takes a while for people to ap...

Enable/Disable Macro Pop-Up
In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? See Help, macro setting Change macro security settings in Excel juamig wrote: > In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office > document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity > to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? > Right, someone else told me the...

Protecting sheet disables Grouping buttons
I am delivering a worksheet to a client, and have protected it. As well as stopping people changing the data, though, it also stops them using the Grouping buttons. How can I enable grouping on a protected sheet? If you already have the outline applied, you can protect the worksheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??). Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True .EnableAutoFilter = True End With End Sub (I wasn't sure what caused your outlining--...

MICR Line
We are planning to print MICR line in Payable checks. We found a problem when we use the same bank account number in two different companies. Great Plains creates the check number within each company because of this we can print same check number on multiple checks. How do we keep the Next Check Number in sync in multiple companies. Only thing I can think is to use trigger to make sure Next check number is same in both companies. Does it cause any problems by doing this way? Any other ideas are appreciated. Thanks, Vishnu Vishnu Just use two check sequences. That will make it so mu...

Disable Trended Deposits
Does anyone know how to turn off trended deposits (forecasted) feature? If you press the customize option on the left hand side, you can change it to show budget entries instead of trends -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money <a...

Disable username, password and domain prompt
Greetings... I currently have a network with computers running Windows 2000 with Outlook 2000 SR-1 and am in the process of upgrading the computers to Windows XP with Outlook 2002 SP3. One of my users has an issue where he has to type in his username, password, and the domain every time he opens up Outlook on the Windows XP machines, but never on the Windows 2000 machines. The option to uncheck the "Always prompt for username and password" box is not found on either version of Outlook, and he is set up for NT password authentication in his Outlook settings. Is there something else...

Excel 2003 Forms (Not User Forms)
Can someone please answer some questions about how Excel works when trying to create a form with protected/unprotected cells... 1. When the worksheet is protected, it seems to block the ability to copy & paste objects into unprotected cells (is there a way around this?) 2. To duplicate the 'look' of existing paper forms, I have had to combine/merge cells to approximate the same positioning in the Excel file... when typing in an unprotected cell below the merged cells, the type disappears where the cells above have been merged and does not spread across the blank cel...

Disabling New Records on Forms in VB
Hi Everyone, I have designed a form which successfully supresses the ability to create new records by setting the AllowAdditions property to "No". The problem is that when I open the form using the code below the form once again allows additions and I can't figure out how to prevent this. I tagged the "Me.AllowAdditions = False" into the openargs section but to no avail. If anyone can spot the problem in my code I would be very grateful. Thanks, John ******* Start Code ******* Private Sub cmdView_Click() Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As ...

Company / Contact details available to non CRM users
Has anybody seen a solution where you can make company and contact details available to users outside of the CRM user base, we would like non CRM users to be able to look up company and contact details, address, phone numbers, email address etc, but do not require to update any information in CRM, can this be copied into public outlook folders for example or accessed with a web page? Does anyone know if this would break licensing rules? Thanks in Advance I guess you have to write some scripts to get the data from the table directly. I would also want to know whether it will break the...