Historical Stock Status Report and average cost

How do you change the average cost of items to be reflected in the historical
stock status report?

For example, the average cost was $30.00 and the current cost was
$30.00. Transaction for this item cost ranges from $28.00 to $32.00. The
accountants wanted the Historical Stock Status Report to reflect a cost of
$31.00 for this item. We changed the trx costs to $31.00 in Utilities but the
current cost still remains at $30.00.

Is there a way to update costs in this report to reflect new cost amounts as
per above?

Hi,

You can change an Average Perpetual valuated Item's current cost by using
the Change Average Cost window.

On R8 you get to this window by..

    Tools>Utilities>Inventory>Change Average Cost

On R7.5 and less you get to this window by....

    Utilities>Inventory>Change Average Cost

There are a couple of things you might or might not know about the Change
Average Cost  and the Inventory Adjsut Costs window (see you owners manuals
for more complete descriptions).

1. The Change Average Cost window changes the Items Current Cost in the Item
Master.  So it will use the new cost for all subsequent transactions and it
will not revalue any posted or unposted IV transactions and it will not
create any automatic adjustment to the GL, though you will receive a report
detailing the items and amounts.
2. Likewise the Inventory Adjust Costs window does not automatically create
a GL Journal Entry for any adjustments you made to a previously posted
receipt.
3. If your Item's current cost and the historical transaction Unit Costs are
not in agreement, the running totals for an item on the Historical Stock
Statuas report will not likely tie out, as you state, some of the
transactions went out at one price, others at other prices and the Item's
current value is calculated by multiplying the Items current Current Cost *
its current On Hand QTY.
--
dlothspe[MSFT]@online.microsoft.com

Do not send e-mail directly to this alias.  This alias is for newsgroup
purposes only.
"Beach Dude" <BeachDude@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do you change the average cost of items to be reflected in the
> historical
> stock status report?
>
> For example, the average cost was $30.00 and the current cost was
> $30.00. Transaction for this item cost ranges from $28.00 to $32.00. The
> accountants wanted the Historical Stock Status Report to reflect a cost of
> $31.00 for this item. We changed the trx costs to $31.00 in Utilities but
> the
> current cost still remains at $30.00.
>
> Is there a way to update costs in this report to reflect new cost amounts
> as
> per above?

0
dlothspe (110)

"improper procedure call" when average log function results
Get an "improper procedure call" error message when trying to average results of the log function in Access. Need to do this to calculate the Upper confidence Interval for grouped data. Never had this problem in Access 98 or 2003. Hi - You haven't given a whole lot of information, but you will get this error if you try to use a number less than or equal to zero to the log function. I suggest you check your data. If this is not the problem, please give more detailed information (query? VB? ) about what you are trying to do. John rabald68 wrote: >G...

stock counts
Does anyone know of a way to capture the "monetary" inventory valuation from a stock? We are trying to determine the beginning valuation and create a percentage difference by way of the variance printed upon completion of the stock count entry. ...

Activities Report
Hello all, I would like to know if there is away to create a report or if there is one that will show me all activities of all clients. When I click Activities and I choose show all I get 8 activities when I have more than 50 most of them closed. I have added the filter that show resolved but still. Thanks, ...

historical data
I have a few years worth of data in money 2005 on another machine, can I transfer via cd or flash drive? In microsoft.public.money, rozelle25 wrote: >I have a few years worth of data in money 2005 on another machine, can I >transfer via cd or flash drive? Yes. Copy over the *.mny file in particular. Copy the file to the Documents/MyDocumnents folder on the destination machine. If you choose the CDR route, undo the read-only attribute. That extra chore does not occur if you use the flash drive, so that is easier. ...

List box for reports
I have seen this done but do not know how to accomplish it. I have 5 reports in an access 2007 database. I want to have a listbox on a form that lists the report names :report1, report2, report3,report4,report5 etc. and lets the user pick the report so it can be printed. I know how to make a list box but not how to make it list forms or reports instead of items listed in a table for example. Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks Carla On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 17:27:02 -0800, Carla wrote: > I have seen this done but do not know how to accomplish it. I have 5 report...

Can't report misconduct because it's obscene
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I just tried to report a post as inappropriate, because it was a solicitation for viewing a pornographic video, and my e-mail got bounced! The reject message included this: "Reasons for rejection may be: obscene language, graphics, or spam-like characteristics." Pretty ironic, hunh? sv650kd@officeformac.com wrote: > I just tried to report a post as inappropriate, because it was a > solicitation for viewing a pornographic video, and my e-mail got > bounced! The reject message included this: > >...

Printing of sub-report skips to second page.
Hi, I'm using Access via Office XP Pro on Windows 7. I'm working on an invoice "form" report. It is comprised of a main report and a sub-report. (I have the same issue on my work order "form" report.) The main report's record source is tblWorkOrder table, grouped by work order /invoice number (work order is same as invocie number) and is comprised of: Work Order Header section Detail section (sub-report is in this section) Page Footer The sub-report's record source is tblWorkOrderDet, grouped by work order / invoice number, and is co...

Report by Sales Rep
RMS should have a report that lets you see the items a sales rep has sold for a given time period. Or does that already exist and I can't find it? Thanks, Nick https://mbs.microsoft.com/downloads/customer/Custom_Detailed_Sales_by_Sales_Rep.zip Rob <nick@realkiteboarding.com> wrote in message news:FNf4e.4650$Kx5.1158@fe03.lga... > RMS should have a report that lets you see the items a sales rep has sold > for a given time period. > > Or does that already exist and I can't find it? > > Thanks, > Nick > Thanks Rob "Rob" <rob@retail...

Stock level update
I am in the process of building a database for stock control purposes. I am relatively new to access code, but am trying to learn as I go along. I have 2 forms one which you receive deliveries on and the other for sending orders out. Then I have a table called Transactions. What I need help with is to update the transaction table which has the following fields in it. Trans ID Trans Date Trans Type Qty >From the forms which have the date trans type (either delivery or order) Qty Trans ID is autonumber Plus other information not required in the transaction table. Can anyone help me with...

automatic chart update for my stocks
Hi: I have a question: Is there a way of creating excel chart that would automaticaly update my chart with the latest stock price? Please respond and Thanks! Bogdan [This followup was posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting with an email copy to Bogdan. Please use the newsgroup for further discussion.] See the Dynamic Charts tutorial on my web site. -- Trouble finding replies to your posts? Use a newsreader. See the tutorial 'Outlook Express and Newsgroups' on my web site Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tut...

How to show time for day's stock market high/low
I've set up a database of stock market intraday data going back two years, showing Open/High/Low/Close data for every one minute bar of the day. I'm trying to find 1) the high and low of each day, and 2) the times they occurred. Using: Date By Day: Format$([Stock Data].[Date],'yyyy.mm.dd') I can find the Max of High and Min of Low to give me the day's high and low, but how do I find the minute these occurred (there may be more than one, so if only one could be displayed, the first occurence would be best ). Many thanks Seano, This is probably a du...

Dashboard reporting with Excel
Excel can be an outstanding tool for dashboard reporting. A new series of articles at www.ExcelUser.com introduces the subject. If anyone has samples worth sharing, please contact me. Thanks. Charley Kyd http://www.exceluser.com/contact/kyd.htm ...

How can I create a sunken icon in the status bar??
Hi, I creates the indicator, but everytime i tried to create the icon, the sunken shape is missing. How can I create the sunken shape??? My code is: In CMainFrame::OnCreate: m_wndStatusBar.SetPaneInfo(5,ID_ICON,SBPS_NORMAL,30); And then, In update event, I enter the icon (the icon can be changed.) m_StatusIcon.Create(&m_wndStatusBar, ID_ICON, WS_VISIBLE | SS_ICON | SS_CENTERIMAGE); HICON icon = (HICON)::LoadImage(AfxGetInstanceHandle(), MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDI_SECURED), IMAGE_ICON, 16, 16, LR_SHARED); m_StatusIcon.SetIcon(icon); (I use the classes that was in the codeguru) ...

Error when trying to use reports
I am getting a strange error whenever I click the reports tab in CRM. If I click the reports tab I get an error message saying "An error has occurred. For more information please contact your system administrator." I have options for try again and cancel. I should have access to this feature as I am an admin and can access all other pages. Is there a security setting somewhere that I might have missed for the reports? I know that a few other people are able to use the reporting functionality that is built in. I could see if the error message gave more information but what th...

Help with Report Design
I have a report with the following sections: Report Header Page Header Market Reviewer Header Detail Market Reviewer Footer Page Footer Report Footer What I want to do is be able to put a textbox in the Market Reviewer Footer that would contain the total value of all the amounts in Detail. What I have right now is a textbox in Detail, that is set to invisible, then I use that value in the textbox that is in Market Reviewer Footer. This works fine except that the value is repeated through out the report. What I would like to to have the value for each group display at the end of the grou...

Date Not Changing on Report Filter
Hello, When I pull up a sales report, change the date range, then click change, the date range does not change. Sometimes, I can even select the date range, click change, and it still does not change. In most cases, I have to actually delete the date range filter entirely, before I can add a different date range. This is sort of inconvineient. Any suggestions? Thanks, Al HI Al, The only thing which I think is to check is open the .grp file in any notepad and try to find out the below section: //--- Filters ---// Begin Filter FieldName = "[Transaction].Time" Filt...

comparing averages on chart
I've recently just learnt how to use pivot tables and charts and I've created a table and chart which deals with different agents fro different groups and how they performed in monthly tests. What i nee to know is how do i place the comparison of averages onto th chart.:confused -- rushd ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rushda's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3054 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=50196 Your Data Range will have to be selected from the row(s) or c...

GP 8 or 9 doesn't allow the GL entry post to the historical year (year 2004) prior to the most recent historical year (for example year 2005).
Hi, I am trying to verify whether GP 8 or 9 doesn't allow the GL entry post to the historical year (for example year 2004) prior to the most recent historical year (for example year 2005). If the above is true, are there any alternatives for posting an adjustment general journal entry as mentioned above? I greatly appreciate your input. Check the GL Setup to see that it allows "posting to history": Tools >> Setup >> Financial >> General Ledger It should work for 8.0 & 9.0 "Renchan Li" wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to ve...

Historical Stock Status Report as of Specific Date-Issue
Hi, While generating inventory report from report window, if we take any historical inventory report, it shows average unit value for some other day instead of the cut off day for which report has been generated.The Valuation method followed is Average Perpetual. Why is it so and any solution please? Thanks Janakiram M.P. ...

Report Shows Data from Previous Execution
- I have a report that is run from an underlying query. - The query returns records from a table based on the beginning and ending dates entered on a form. - The same form opens the report. - After starting the Database and displaying the report, it works perfectly with the date range selected (ie: 6/1/2007 to 6/30/2007) - HOWEVER .... If the user closes the report, reenters a new date range (ie: 5/1/2007 to 5/31/2007), and reopens the report, the report opens with the previous data (June data) - If the user exits the database, re-starts it, and runs with May selections, it works ...

How do I save a publisher file to a CD and avoid read only status
I am trying to save a publisher file to a CD RW and it is either auto saving to "read only" or not allowing me to save at all. I have changed the "read only" selection box and it is set NOT to save as "read only". Is there an issue with the type of CD RW disc I am using? I want to be able to take the file with me on a laptop presentation. Thanks! -- Jerry Save the file to the hard drive, copy to the CD, Publisher does not save well to removable media. Anything you transfer to a removable media becomes read only. Copy the file to your laptop drive, the rea...

Trying to export Historical Aged TB to excel
I am new to Great Plains, I am just trying to figure out if I can export the Historical Aged TB from Great Plains to Excel? Will I need another software program to do this? I have tried using the tab delimiter, but I am not having any luck. Anyone who knows about this can you please give me a hint on what to do. Thank you, ...

Printing a report question
I have a report that prints a list of names. When I use print preview, the list goes to two pages. I would like for the page to print with the first page of names on the left side of the page, and the second page list of names to print on the right sidfe of the first page. (So there isn't 2 pages, just 1) Does anyone know how to set this up in Access 2007? Thanks -- Howard In "Design View" of the Access report, goto the "Page Setup" Tab (or Ribbon). Click on the "Page Setup" icon. Click on the "Columns" tab. Change the &q...

Outlook Task Status Values
I would like to modify the Task Status values for a particular Exchange Task Folder. Instead of the defaults - "Not Started", "In Progress", "Completed", "Waiting on Someone Else", & "Deferred", I would like to have values like: "Waiting for approval", "Approved", "Not Approved". I want to change this so that we can turn this into an approval list in the Public Folders - i.e. for large expenses, etc. Can someone tell me how to do this? ...

Counting Commissions in a Report
Hello all. I have a database that tracks Commissions for recruiters (Access 2003/2003). I need to come up with a commission report on a monthly basis, which is not a problem. Where I'm having the logic problem is.... Sub-Contractor XYZ works on Project 123. He works at site ABC from 10/1/07 - 10/1/07. He works at site DEF from 10/3/07 - 10/3/07. He works at site GHI from 10/6/07 - 10/6/07. He works at site JKL from 10/9/07 - 10/9/07. etc... I need to generate a report that shows for the first site, the commission would be $5.00. The second site and onward would be $2.50. I would lik...