Historical Aged Trial Balance for accounts payable does not equal Trial Balance...

Okay, here is my problem.  I'm wanting to reconcile the Historical
Adjusted Trial balance and the Trial Balance.

The problem of course is that the Trial Balance is really the General
Ledger, while the Historical Aged Trial Balance date is pulling from
the Payables Transactions module.

The Trial Balance Report comes in a flat file format.  But the HATB
does not.  I can't seem to get a smartlist to match the HATB.  I want
basically to have a flat file for both and run a PivotTable to see
where the variance is based on Trx Source.

Thanks
0
xyzer (4)

I created a SmartList (using SmartList Builder) to list the payables
transactions that appear on the HATB report; we use that to do our
reconciliations.

Use the PM Distribution History File, PM Vendor Master File, Account Index
Master, and Account Master files to get the information you need.

--
Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO

"Zarlot531" wrote:

> Okay, here is my problem.  I'm wanting to reconcile the Historical
> Adjusted Trial balance and the Trial Balance.
>
> The problem of course is that the Trial Balance is really the General
> Ledger, while the Historical Aged Trial Balance date is pulling from
> the Payables Transactions module.
>
> The Trial Balance Report comes in a flat file format.  But the HATB
> does not.  I can't seem to get a smartlist to match the HATB.  I want
> basically to have a flat file for both and run a PivotTable to see
> where the variance is based on Trx Source.
>
> Thanks

0
Bud (544)
4/18/2008 1:46:00 PM
Hi

Just a note to aid your understanding :
You need to be aware that the HATB has the ability to run a report at a
certain point in time even if it is prior to your exisitng month end as it
has the ability to "un-do" the applies in order to give you a value "as at" a
certain date.   That is why a straight forward extract from smartlist won't
give you the exact data as it does not have the "as at" functionality as it
can only give you original document amount and current transaction amount.
Dynamics GP ver 10 has the GL reconcile functionality as part of it's
standad functionality and it pops it out to excel for the Payables and
Receivables modules and highlights the differences.   Have fun

"Zarlot531" wrote:

> Okay, here is my problem.  I'm wanting to reconcile the Historical
> Adjusted Trial balance and the Trial Balance.
>
> The problem of course is that the Trial Balance is really the General
> Ledger, while the Historical Aged Trial Balance date is pulling from
> the Payables Transactions module.
>
> The Trial Balance Report comes in a flat file format.  But the HATB
> does not.  I can't seem to get a smartlist to match the HATB.  I want
> basically to have a flat file for both and run a PivotTable to see
> where the variance is based on Trx Source.
>
> Thanks

0
Sheila3743 (257)
4/18/2008 5:43:00 PM
We filter the SmartList based on the Posting Date, which then gives us the
transactions to match the G/L Trial Balance for the specific period.

We end up with a list of the activity for the period, which we compare
against the G/L activity for the same period. If it agrees (and assuming we
had reconciled the previous month), we should be in balance.

--

"Sheila" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Just a note to aid your understanding :
> You need to be aware that the HATB has the ability to run a report at a
> certain point in time even if it is prior to your exisitng month end as it
> has the ability to "un-do" the applies in order to give you a value "as at" a
> certain date.   That is why a straight forward extract from smartlist won't
> give you the exact data as it does not have the "as at" functionality as it
> can only give you original document amount and current transaction amount.
> Dynamics GP ver 10 has the GL reconcile functionality as part of it's
> standad functionality and it pops it out to excel for the Payables and
> Receivables modules and highlights the differences.   Have fun
>

> "Zarlot531" wrote:
>
> > Okay, here is my problem.  I'm wanting to reconcile the Historical
> > Adjusted Trial balance and the Trial Balance.
> >
> > The problem of course is that the Trial Balance is really the General
> > Ledger, while the Historical Aged Trial Balance date is pulling from
> > the Payables Transactions module.
> >
> > The Trial Balance Report comes in a flat file format.  But the HATB
> > does not.  I can't seem to get a smartlist to match the HATB.  I want
> > basically to have a flat file for both and run a PivotTable to see
> > where the variance is based on Trx Source.
> >
> > Thanks

0
Bud (544)

Account settings changing itself
Dear all, I have a user account in Outlook, and the account contains lots of email. I found that sometimes when I start outlook to check email, an error box poped up telling me the mail server "localhost" was not able to connect to. I checked the account settings and found that the settings went all wrong, the POP3 mail server has chenged from "mail.abc.com" to "localhost", and the username has changed from "username" to "username/mail.abc.com" Nobody has been altering the account settings, and I found that another computer using Outlook Ex...

Option to key in the account manually in Requisition's Add Item wi
This is a customer suggestion from Convergence. Customer would like to be able to have the option to key in the account manually in Requisition's Add Item window. 1. User has editable access to Account field on Add Item page 2. User accesses Add Item page: BP>Employee>Purchase Requests>New Request>New Item 3. User attempts to manual enter Account number, not using the lookup. ISSUE: Currently, this is a non-editable field; forcing the customer to use the account lookup. 3/15/2005 10:45 AM Edited by mfitzl For further inquiry- Customer Information: Michael P. Brow...

trial version
hello I'm Joseph not a good computer proffy, i need help to make sure i will do the right think on November 30th on which my Microsoft small business 2007 trial will end, so my question is and really need help on this: i have this trial version preinstalled in my computer and all i use it just for emails and to synchronize with Outlook my BlackBerry's calendar, memo pad, and most important thing my contacts, do i still need to buy full version or i will be able to use those after trial will end. Thanks in advance and have a Great ThanksGiving!!! Sorry for my english, i...

Synchronize two clients on same account
I have two clients for the same account. I can download the mail in the inbox on both the clients for this account. However, I would like to synchronize the mails in other folders as well namely, sent mails etc. try here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm "Anshuman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0ce001c425d5$9de663c0$a001280a@phx.gbl... >I have two clients for the same account. I can download > the mail in the inbox on both the clients for this > account. However, I would like to synchronize the mails in > other folders as...

historical data
I have a few years worth of data in money 2005 on another machine, can I transfer via cd or flash drive? In microsoft.public.money, rozelle25 wrote: >I have a few years worth of data in money 2005 on another machine, can I >transfer via cd or flash drive? Yes. Copy over the *.mny file in particular. Copy the file to the Documents/MyDocumnents folder on the destination machine. If you choose the CDR route, undo the read-only attribute. That extra chore does not occur if you use the flash drive, so that is easier. ...

account
I am setting up a new account and I do not see Royal Bank of Canada on your list. How can I find it and set up my checking and savings accounts? .. In microsoft.public.money, hover wrote: >I am setting up a new account and I do not see Royal Bank >of Canada on your list. How can I find it and set up my >checking and savings accounts? This search will show some past discussions on RBC: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=&num=50&as_scoring=d&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=&as_oq=rbc+royal.bank&as_eq=google&as_ugroup=...

CRM 3 and professional services like accountants
Hi Everyone, crm 3 seems to be mainly focused on products rather than fee for service arrangements. I know this question has been asked before but will like result. Any ideas on how to best handle this? thanks As CRM V3 has the ability to add entities you could create a services entity and model your business that way. ie ignore the product module and create a service module with per hour billing etc. I am sure some enterprising ISV is writing a services module as we speak.. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "jjb...

how to activate the trial version of Windows 2008 server R2
I have installed a windows 2008 server R2 trial version but I forgot to activate this product . I know how to rearm the 10 day trial but I want to know how to or where I can activate the trial version for having the 180 day periode to evaluate it . Regards . "Luis" <Luis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4861819C-0427-45A5-83B8-8A01E45F160D@microsoft.com... > I have installed a windows 2008 server R2 trial version but I forgot to > activate this product . I know how to rearm the 10 day trial but I want to > know how to or where I can acti...

balance with three columns one row.
ok trying to create a budget that opperates like this Deduction, Start Balance, EndBalance �10 �800 �790 ok its ok if i want to take �10 from the start balance of �800 i get �790, Yippeee , yaeh and yahoooo.... but how do i ..... when the deduction cell is changed to another value, to delete that from the new balance of �790 and not the 800.... please help.... i'ts driving me round the Deduction, Start Balance, EndBalance �10 �800 �780 bend...seriously ...it really is...... --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.co...

Breakdown Accounts Sum Cannot Equal Zero
This is our first payroll of the New Year and when Accounting posted payroll, the posting Journal threw a bunch of errors saying that Breakdown accounts sum cannot be zero. We have a new head of accounting and this is her first New Year, so we may have forgotten a step before posting. I didn't really see anything in the KB that pertained to this problem, so any help would be appreciated. Is a Quick Journal being used to post payroll? This is often done if a journal entry is entered to 'post payroll' in order to get the transactions into the check register. When se...

GP 8 or 9 doesn't allow the GL entry post to the historical year (year 2004) prior to the most recent historical year (for example year 2005).
Hi, I am trying to verify whether GP 8 or 9 doesn't allow the GL entry post to the historical year (for example year 2004) prior to the most recent historical year (for example year 2005). If the above is true, are there any alternatives for posting an adjustment general journal entry as mentioned above? I greatly appreciate your input. Check the GL Setup to see that it allows "posting to history": Tools >> Setup >> Financial >> General Ledger It should work for 8.0 & 9.0 "Renchan Li" wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to ve...

Calculate someone's age
I have a list of birthdays 11/17/1975 on cell A1 and 11/17/2010 on cell B1... on C1 I have this formula: =INT(YEARFRAC(TODAY(),A,1,1)) which makes the age 34 (if i format the cell to General or number) ...It tells me what age this person is but if I change the date on B1 to 11/17/2011 (for example), it wont change the age on C1 to 35... What is the formula to do this change? Thanks, Trish -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/outlook-contacts/201003/1 "LATINCUTIEPIE00 via OfficeKB.com" <u53174@uwe> wrote in messag...

401k download without Cash Account
My 401k provider allows me to download my transactions into Money, but when the 24 transactions come in every 2 weeks, I have to manually select "None" 24 times in the "transfer from" box. If I try to uncheck the "track cash transactions" box in the account settings screen, I get an error that it is required for online updates. This is exceedingly tedius, does anyone know a work around? Thx In microsoft.public.money, Syver wrote: >My 401k provider allows me to download my transactions into Money, but when >the 24 transactions come in every 2 weeks...

Account Locked Out
All, This morning I logged into our SBS 2003 server and changed the configuration for User Passwords. I unchecked the parameter that would force users to change their password every x days (in our case it was set to 90 days.) Two things happened after this change was applied: 1. It is now forcing all users to change their server password - I didn't this would happened. I can handle this fallout. 2. Now for the real problem: I am unable to create a VPN connection to the server using my user id and new password. Prior to the above change, I would connect via a V...

Calculate Age
Hello all, I'm trying to get age from the actual date (today) to the one that I have in my DB. (Birthday of user) So I have a table named TUSERPERSONAL with a column named DATEOFBIRTH (dd-mm-yyyy) I had a Parameters name AGE with two avalaible values : Value0 is 18-30 years old and the Value1 is 31-43 years old. Anyone can give me an example of script to do so...!!! Best regards >> I'm trying to get age from the actual date (today) to the one that I have in my DB. (Birthday of user) << Which method? In Asia and many other parts of the world is ...

Email Accounts are not being created automatically.
Does anybody know why Exchange Server 2003 running on Windows 2003 would quit creating emails when a user is added? It had been working fine up until about a month ago. The checkmark box to have it created is still checked, but the emails are not being created. I can add the emails manually, but they don't show up in Outlook, nor do they allow a profile to be set up. I don't remember changing anything that would have causes this. Any ideas or suggestions would be really appreciated. -- Renee This is a known issue that Exchange SP1 fixes. You also need to apply KB831464. ...

How to get cell format accounting currency based on value in combo box
Hi I have tried to find out from earlier messages but failed. I am looking for the following I need to fill in payments from our customers. In the left column I choose via combo box the currency of the invoice. How to get the cell account formatting from all cells right of it in a certain currency that I choose from the combo? (VB code) So: A1 B1 C1 etc. Combo: Cell format: US Dollar USD USD Euro EUR EUR Thank you Bart Excel 2003 ...

Posting to historical year prior to previous historical year
When posting to and historical year prior to the previous historical year there is an error - You cannot post to more than one year prior to the first day of the earliest open year. Will Dynamics GP ever be able to do this as clients are requesting to post back to previous fiscal years. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-base...

Adding an account??
Just bought money 2005 Deluxe, I sign into my Passport,Money opens, I go to online acct setup, everytime the online list is unavailable and I am unable to setup my banking, investment, or any other acct. Whats up with this program In microsoft.public.money, ametty wrote: >Just bought money 2005 Deluxe, I sign into my Passport,Money opens, I go to >online acct setup, everytime the online list is unavailable and I am unable >to setup my banking, investment, or any other acct. Whats up with this >program See if http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;889927 ...

Rules and Alerts: Move to folder then when it starts to age delete
Hello, i wonder it you can help me? At work I get a logisitics report sent to me via email every other day. I currently have a rule that puts this report into a Logistics Report folder. Each qtr I archive all my email. Is there an automatic way to move this report to a logisitics report folder and then auto delete these as they start to get old prior to the full Archive. ie I would only like to keep these reports for say a week and idealy delete them all but the latest one prior to archiving. Can this be done? Many thanks Jonathan ...

PM Remaining Balance Does not Tally with Applied Documents
On few occassions, the PM Remaing Balance does not equal to Document Amount less Total Applied Amount. eg: PM INV amt $100, paid by 2 payment of $60 and $40. the 2 payment became HIST yet the INV remains OPEN and current trx amt is still $100. what we normally do is to VOID the 2 payment, the INV current trx will then become $200, then use SQL Analyzer to change to amount to $100, re-enter the 2 payment. These is kind of 'toublesome'... does anyone has a script that will: * list such trx where the remining balance <> applied amt * in above example, to move the INV from OPEN...

Trying to export Historical Aged TB to excel
I am new to Great Plains, I am just trying to figure out if I can export the Historical Aged TB from Great Plains to Excel? Will I need another software program to do this? I have tried using the tab delimiter, but I am not having any luck. Anyone who knows about this can you please give me a hint on what to do. Thank you, ...

associated external account #3
I am running exh2k on a win2k domain. I have noticed that most of my enabled users don’t have associated external account checked in their mailbox rights permissions. Some of the users have it check for an object that is no longer available. I have noticed when doing an exmerge I cant exmerge any disabled users mailboxes unless they have associated external account checked for self .. 1.The most concerning issues is that we are about to upgrade to exch2k3. will their be a problem if users mailboxes don’t have associated external mail account checked for any of the permissions in th...

Account Payments not kicking Cash drawer
Does anyone have any suggestions here. The cash drawer kicks fine for most transactions. However if you process an account payment through POS the cash drawer doesn't kick and I can't seem to find any settings that might be controlling this - any suggestions? I am not sure if this will help. Make sure you have a receipt format selected for the Payment. Maybe there is no receipt to print for payment and the printer is not opening the cash drawer. Mihir Diviasoft, Inc mihirs@diviasoft.com www.diviasoft.com "Emer" <Emer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

M04: Account list balance does not match register balance
Everything was fine for months until about a week ago. One of my credit card balances in the account list is much higher than the balance shown in the register (register balance is correct). What should I do? Tod Consider File|Repair Money file|Quick file repair. Alternately, read http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=104, "Tod DeBie" <tod_debie@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:JCwAc.27847$Ha2.21782@twister.socal.rr.com... > Everything was fine for months until about a week ago. > > One of my credit card balances in the account list is much higher than the > bala...