Help for upgrade process from GP 7.5 to GP 10.0

Hi All,

I have recently completed my certification in GP 10.0 Inventory.

I've managed to get some hands-on experience with the product.

There is a requirement from a client for upgrading his system from GP
7.5 to GP 10.0. The client happens to be from the hospitality
industry.

Could someone guide me on this?

I would also greatly appreciate if anyone could point to blogs and
articles on the subject.

Many Thanks,
Sadique

Sadique,

Mariano Gomez's blog is a good place to start:
http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2008/10/dynamics-gp-upgrade-path.html.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

<sadiqueGulab.nadaf@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I have recently completed my certification in GP 10.0 Inventory.
>
> I've managed to get some hands-on experience with the product.
>
> There is a requirement from a client for upgrading his system from GP
> 7.5 to GP 10.0. The client happens to be from the hospitality
> industry.
>
> Could someone guide me on this?
>
> I would also greatly appreciate if anyone could point to blogs and
> articles on the subject.
>
> Many Thanks,
> Sadique

0
victoria (3340)
11/20/2008 12:41:42 PM
Hi All,

I too need information on this subject!

I went through Mariano's blog, it looks informative.

Could anyone who has been through upgrading from GP 7.5 to GP 10.0
share their experiences? What were the major hurdles, if any?

Thanks,
Abu Yahya

On Nov 20, 6:51=A0pm, Abu Yahya <plcoderREMOVET...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I too need information on this subject!
>
> I went through Mariano's blog, it looks informative.
>
> Could anyone who has been through upgrading from GP 7.5 to GP 10.0
> share their experiences? What were the major hurdles, if any?
>
> Thanks,
> Abu Yahya
>
> On Nov 20, 5:41=A0pm, "Victoria [MVP]" <victo...@flex-solutions.com>
> wrote:
>

> > Sadique,
>
> > Mariano Gomez's blog is a good place to start:http://dynamicsgpblogster=
..blogspot.com/2008/10/dynamics-gp-upgrade-pa....

> > --
> > Victoria Yudin
> > Dynamics GP MVP
> > Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reportshttp://www.flex-solutions.com/gp=
reports.html
> > blog:www.victoriayudin.com
>
> > <sadiqueGulab.na...@gmail.com> wrote in message

..

> > > Hi All,
>
> > > I have recently completed my certification in GP 10.0 Inventory.
>
> > > I've managed to get some hands-on experience with the product.
>
> > > There is a requirement from a client for upgrading his system from GP
> > > 7.5 to GP 10.0. The client happens to be from the hospitality
> > > industry.
>
> > > Could someone guide me on this?
>
> > > I would also greatly appreciate if anyone could point to blogs and
> > > articles on the subject.
>
> > > Many Thanks,
> > > Sadique- Hide quoted text -

hi ,

During upgradation you should keep in mind the following keypoints.

1.First analyse the 3dr part add-ons and customization on GP 7.5
2.In  GP7.5 to GP10,table structure are changed.So you should consider
the intellisol  tables .
3.Also procedure and function parameters are increased in GP 10.0. GP
10.0 SDK is very help ful for the same.

Regards
Jeganee
0
agej.2020 (12)
11/20/2008 2:48:32 PM
Hello,

We are just wrapping up our upgrade from 7.5 to GP 10.  For the most part it
went well, however, we did experience issues with the Inventory Module.  We
had to run a process called the "Historical Trial Balance Reset Tool".  This
tool manipulates 7.5 inventory items in the IV10200 table to prepare for the
inventory cost changes in GP 10.0.

Please note, we run Average Perpetual inventory valuation method.
Micorosoft informed us that this method is the reason we had to run the HITB
Reset tool.  However, definitely something to look into.

Also, take some time to reserach the new Security setup in GP 10.0.  It is
much different than the 7.5 security setup.  Look for the Security Conversion
scripts; unfortuneately I do not have a link to the scripts.

Hope this helps!
--
Jessie

"Jeganeedhi" wrote:

> On Nov 20, 6:51 pm, Abu Yahya <plcoderREMOVET...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I too need information on this subject!
> >
> > I went through Mariano's blog, it looks informative.
> >
> > Could anyone who has been through upgrading from GP 7.5 to GP 10.0
> > share their experiences? What were the major hurdles, if any?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Abu Yahya
> >
> > On Nov 20, 5:41 pm, "Victoria [MVP]" <victo...@flex-solutions.com>
> > wrote:
> >

> > > Sadique,
> >
> > > Mariano Gomez's blog is a good place to start:http://dynamicsgpblogster..blogspot.com/2008/10/dynamics-gp-upgrade-pa....
> >
> > > --
> > > Victoria Yudin
> > > Dynamics GP MVP
> > > Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reportshttp://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html
> > > blog:www.victoriayudin.com
> >
> > > <sadiqueGulab.na...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> hi ,
>
> During upgradation you should keep in mind the following keypoints.
>
> 1.First analyse the 3dr part add-ons and customization on GP 7.5
> 2.In  GP7.5 to GP10,table structure are changed.So you should consider
> the intellisol  tables .
> 3.Also procedure and function parameters are increased in GP 10.0. GP
> 10.0 SDK is very help ful for the same.
>
> Regards
> Jeganee

0
Jessie (19)
11/21/2008 9:58:00 PM
Jessie,

Thanks. Did you follow the 7.5 > 9.0 > 10.0 route for the upgrade
process, as some have suggested?

If so, which were the service packs you considered?

--
Abu Yahya

On Nov 22, 2:58=A0am, Jessie <Jes...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are just wrapping up our upgrade from 7.5 to GP 10. =A0For the most pa=
rt it
> went well, however, we did experience issues with the Inventory Module. =
=A0We
> had to run a process called the "Historical Trial Balance Reset Tool". =
=A0This
> tool manipulates 7.5 inventory items in the IV10200 table to prepare for =
the
> inventory cost changes in GP 10.0. =A0
>
> Please note, we run Average Perpetual inventory valuation method. =A0
> Micorosoft informed us that this method is the reason we had to run the H=
ITB
> Reset tool. =A0However, definitely something to look into.
>
> Also, take some time to reserach the new Security setup in GP 10.0. =A0It=
 is
> much different than the 7.5 security setup. =A0Look for the Security Conv=
ersion
> scripts; unfortuneately I do not have a link to the scripts.
>
> Hope this helps!
> --
> Jessie
>

> "Jeganeedhi" wrote:
> > On Nov 20, 6:51 pm, Abu Yahya <plcoderREMOVET...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi All,
>
> > > I too need information on this subject!
>
> > > I went through Mariano's blog, it looks informative.
>
> > > Could anyone who has been through upgrading from GP 7.5 to GP 10.0
> > > share their experiences? What were the major hurdles, if any?
>
> > > Thanks,
> > > Abu Yahya

ster..blogspot.com/2008/10/dynamics-gp-upgrade-pa....

> > hi ,
>
> > During upgradation you should keep in mind the following keypoints.
>
> > 1.First analyse the 3dr part add-ons and customization on GP 7.5
> > 2.In =A0GP7.5 to GP10,table structure are changed.So you should conside=
> > the intellisol =A0tables .
> > 3.Also procedure and function parameters are increased in GP 10.0. GP
> > 10.0 SDK is very help ful for the same.
>
> > Regards
> > Jeganee- Hide quoted text -

sumifs help

Help !

Help with this thing

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

exch 5.5 help

Receivables Aging Process Error
During processing Cash Receipts, we had a power failure at our offices. I am getting the following error when Aging Receivables: "Documents exist in a recovered batch or in an interrupted transaction-level posting session that have not been posted. If you continue, only the documents that have been posted will be included". Does anyone have an idea how we can troubleshoot this problem? Maria, Did you look in Batch Recovery? Is there anything in there? Have you tried running check links? -- Victoria Yudin GP MVP "Maria" <betty@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Free/Busy not available after upgrading to Exchange 2003
After we successfully migrated the users to the new exchange server 2003, we find a new problem. User cannot see the free/busy when scheduling meeting in the calendar. I suspect this a replication issue. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks. -- Event Source: MSExchangeFBPublish Event ID: 8207 Error updating public folder with free-busy information on virtual machine MXGBL2. The error number is 0x80004005. For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. -KHY ...

how do I forecast a 15% increase over 7 months?
Excel 2003 I have a YTD actual productivity number and need to forecast what the productivity would need to be over each of the next 7 months to achieve a 15% full year increase. The result would need to include the Headcount reduction/increase for each month. Productivity = (transaction/headcount)*(YTD Sales Days/monthly Sales Days) I have each month's transactions, YTD Sales days and montly Sales Days. Is this possible? Do you mean to say have estimates of transactions, YTD sales days, and monthly sales days already projected for the next 7 months? If so, and if you're ...

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

Is there a way to change the return value for and ON_CONTROL() handler to return 0
I have a message map that is using the ON_CONTROL() handler. The problem is that there doesn't seem to be a ON_CONTROL_EX() or something like that that allows me to control the return value. I am handling a notification and I am doing some processing, but I need to be able to return a 0 from my handler. Without getting into using a switch statement and a ON_COMMAND() handler, is there a way to do this? Is there some function I can call within my message handler that would set the return value? -- Thanks, Bruce Who is going to see the return code? AliR. "Bruce" <...

Macro Help

Upgrade from bundled Office Test Drive
My father-in-law has an iMac he purchased last year. The 30-day Office Test Drive has long expired and he's now contemplating purchasing Office 2004. It appears that one must have _licenced_ version of an Office app in order to _upgrade_ vice install a full-up version. I also note that he'll need to remove the Test Drive folder prior to install of the new software. He's looking to me for some assistance and I'm thinking that he'll need to purchase the full-up version. Any thoughts and/or advice would be much appreciated. -Will Hi Will - If he has never had a licen...

help me #2

Auto complete process
Can anyone tell me what the autocomplete searches to find names? Is it email address, full name, first name, last name? All of the above? What would I need to do for someone who uses Eudora and wants it to work like their "nicknames" (ie when they type charlie they get charles smith and when they type smith they get john smith)? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance. It searches whatever is in the To: field of the messages you have already sent from Outlook. It does not use Contacts data. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "jdrummond" <mrdrummond1@hotmail.com>...

Query to Count "0" in Row
I am trying to create an expression in a query that says if CONTRIBUTION BEGIN year is less then 2006 and the AUTE2 = 00/00/00 then count the number of "0" in the rown and multiply that by 58. This is what I had thought up so far, but I know it isn't right. CONTRIBUTION DUE: IIF([CONTRIBUTION BEGIN], 'yyyy' <2006, AND AUTE2 = 00/00/00, Count "0" And Multiply by 58 Any input is greatly appreciated. -Anthony Morano What kind of data type is being stored in your [AUTE2] field? If that is supposed to be a date, I don't think Access considers #00/00/00...

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help

Exchange 5.5 Problem
I can't send email to this email address and I know it works since I tested it using my yahoo and hotmail accounts. For some reason our exchange 5.5 server is not sending it out. This is the message I get in return. "Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test email Sent: 1/6/2004 10:25am The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'frednezzar@club-internet.fr' on 1/6/2004 10:25am The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ; p=hmt;l=londondc-04010616244...

Your Help is Appreciated

bcc help