Help find a Table/Field

Can anyone tell me if Great Plains stores account balance information?  If
so, what table is it in.  I've been able find period balance and debits and
credits.  I'm trying to build a balance sheet and can't find in any tables
the account balance.
0
bman (25)

It need to be calculated from RM20101(open)/RM30101(historical) for all the
AGNGBUKT where AGNGBUKT =1 is the current Amount Due and the rest of the
BUKTS are past due amount then subtract the Payments & Credits from the total.

I am not aware of any other ways to get that amount.

"Bman" wrote:

> Can anyone tell me if Great Plains stores account balance information?  If
> so, what table is it in.  I've been able find period balance and debits and
> credits.  I'm trying to build a balance sheet and can't find in any tables
> the account balance.
0
Shariq (273)
11/4/2005 10:37:05 PM
Shariq,
I'm not sure we are on the same page.  I was looking for a GL account
balance.  For example, I am writing a Balance Sheet report and when I try to
pull the Cash account balance, I am only able to find period balances
(monthly balance) but not the cummulative balance.  So in order for me to get
the balance as of a certian date, I have to pull from all closed periods from
the historical table (GL10110) and all open periods from the current table
(GL10110).  I was hoping to find the current account balance stored in some
other table/field.

Thanks for the response, hopefully you will be able to help me out.

"Shariq" wrote:

> It need to be calculated from RM20101(open)/RM30101(historical) for all the
> AGNGBUKT where AGNGBUKT =1 is the current Amount Due and the rest of the
> BUKTS are past due amount then subtract the Payments & Credits from the total.
>
> I am not aware of any other ways to get that amount.
>
> "Bman" wrote:
>
> > Can anyone tell me if Great Plains stores account balance information?  If
> > so, what table is it in.  I've been able find period balance and debits and
> > credits.  I'm trying to build a balance sheet and can't find in any tables
> > the account balance.
0
bman (25)
11/4/2005 10:52:01 PM
You won't find what you are looking for in a table. You will have to build a
temporary table with the current balance.

"Bman" wrote:

> Shariq,
> I'm not sure we are on the same page.  I was looking for a GL account
> balance.  For example, I am writing a Balance Sheet report and when I try to
> pull the Cash account balance, I am only able to find period balances
> (monthly balance) but not the cummulative balance.  So in order for me to get
> the balance as of a certian date, I have to pull from all closed periods from
> the historical table (GL10110) and all open periods from the current table
> (GL10110).  I was hoping to find the current account balance stored in some
> other table/field.
>
> Thanks for the response, hopefully you will be able to help me out.
>
> "Shariq" wrote:
>
> > It need to be calculated from RM20101(open)/RM30101(historical) for all the
> > AGNGBUKT where AGNGBUKT =1 is the current Amount Due and the rest of the
> > BUKTS are past due amount then subtract the Payments & Credits from the total.
> >
> > I am not aware of any other ways to get that amount.
> >
> > "Bman" wrote:
> >
> > > Can anyone tell me if Great Plains stores account balance information?  If
> > > so, what table is it in.  I've been able find period balance and debits and
> > > credits.  I'm trying to build a balance sheet and can't find in any tables
> > > the account balance.
0
CharlesAllen (483)
11/6/2005 6:11:02 AM
If you are looking for current balance, you will not need to go to the
history tables since for Balance Sheet account the balance rolls
forwards and for expense accounts you will have 0 beginning balance
anyways. The beginning balance is stored as period 0 in the current
year. Hope this helps.

0
rrs1977 (140)
11/6/2005 5:49:27 PM
Yes, that helps out a lot.
Thank you!

"RS" wrote:

> If you are looking for current balance, you will not need to go to the
> history tables since for Balance Sheet account the balance rolls
> forwards and for expense accounts you will have 0 beginning balance
> anyways. The beginning balance is stored as period 0 in the current
> year. Hope this helps.

0
bman (25)

sumifs help

Help !

Find the value of your house
To find the value of your house. Index the website and search engine to find the value of your house. You don't need to contact the realtor and appraiser . To know the value of your house just a click! http://www.geocities.com/freefreehouse/ ...

Excel 2007 Tables
Hi, I have turned a range of data into a Table, using the new "Insert Table" tool in Excel 2007. Great new feature!! The problem is, when I insert a new row (by tabbing from the last cell in the last row), the formatting for the cell in the first column does not get applied. All of the rest of the cells in that row maintain the formatting from the row above. All of the cells in the first column above the new row have the same formatting - there is no mixing (bold and italics, for example). Any suggestions on why this would be happening? Thanks! Hi Tammy I love to see yo...

Forms, tables, etc. open in separate windows, accessible from the MS Vista taskbar
Dear All How can I set Access 2007 up in order to have the windows (forms, tables, etc.) open in separate windows, accessible from the MS Vista taskbar? In short, I would like to have Access 2007 behaving likewise Access 2003, regarding opening windows. Thanks in advance, Paul Hi Paul, I don't believe this capability exists in Access 2007. You can have the objects open in separate windows within the object workspace by doing this: - Click the Office button - Click Access Options (bottom left corner) - Click Current Database category - Under the Application Options section for the r...

Help with this thing

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

Access 2007 link table login
Hi I am migrating my Access 2003 to 2007. There a lot of link tables from Oracle in my mdb file. when my applicaiton running, I have to code to login Oracle: Dim wsp As Workspace Set wsp = DBEngine.CreateWorkspace("xxx", "xxx", "xxx", dbUseODBC) Set dbs = OpenDatabase("", False, True, strConnect) ' connect via regular ODBC 'Close the database. The login is still cached so that it is available for any 'Access object that needs it during the same session. dbs.Close This code works great in 2003 but not in 2...

Problem copying table data as a picture onto chartsheet
I'm having a strange problem. I'm creating a special chart which has a pie chart on it as well as some tabular data that is formatted the way we want it on a worksheet, then pasted onto the chartsheet as a picture. (The pie chart aspect is working fine. I'm just having a problem with the tabular data.) When I copy the tabular data manually by selecting the data on the worksheet, then going to the Home tab and choosing the Paste menu dropdown, then "As Picture", then "Copy as picture...". In the resulting dialog box, I choose "As shown on scr...

exch 5.5 help

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

How do I create a table with data selected via a pass through que.
I see the data using a pass thru select query but when I try to use the query in a separate make tabel query, I get an error message. Has anyone done this before? Thx. On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 14:33:00 -0800, kandamj <kandamj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I see the data using a pass thru select query but when I try to use the query >in a separate make tabel query, I get an error message. Has anyone done this >before? Thx. You may want to try saving the passthrough query, and base a new MakeTable query on that saved query. The passthrough query runs on the host, and ha...

Suppress pivot table lines
I'm creating a budget pivot table. Its' source is a worksheet in the same workbook that is linked to individual department budget workbooks. A general budget template was used for all departments and many of the accounts have a zero value in the amount column. The pivot table picks up all the accounts, including the ones with zero values. Is there any way to suppress these lines without actually deleting the linked rows? I'd like to keep the pivot table's workbook flexible and generic but it prints an excessive amount of rows with no numeric values. Thanks, TomD The f...

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

Macro Help

help me #2

IV00102 Fields
These four fields are set to zero when I create a new item and assign it to a location. However, when I look at the table descriptions zero is not a valid value for any of them. Are these four fields currently used for anything or are they there for future use? This currently is GP10 SP3. 1) IV00102.REPLENISHLEVEL 2) IV00102.POPVENDORSELECTION 3) IV00102.POPPRICINGSELECTION 4) IV00102.PICKTICKETITEMOPT Rich, Replenishment Level is the default replenishment level for POP Auto Generator. Values are 1, 2 and 3. 1 for Order point QTy, 2 for order upto level, 3 for vendor EoQ. If these fiel...

League table automatic sort/update
Hi All I'm just getting up to speed with Excel and as an exercise I'm trying to implement a simple league table. What I'd like to know is how to create 'dynamically' a ranking table like the one shown below. Pos Player Points 1 Tom 124 2 Linda 122 3 Harry 107 4 Jayne 100 4 Bob 100 5 Steve 89 6 Mark 88 7 John 80 8 Angie 77 9 Andrew 71 The table is sorted on the points column, the values for which are referenced from another sheet. Ideally I'd Like the table to be sorted automatically as players points total change(based on calculations In another sheet). ...

How do I put Advanced Find into the context Menu
Hello, In Outlook 2007 MS removed the find function from the right click context menu and hid it in the menus at the top. I won't use the Desktop Search tool because I hate it. Is there anyway to put the anvanced find back into the outlook context menu? Thanks "Gilgamesh" <gilgamesh@dont.spam.me> wrote in message news:#q6NFMo4JHA.4272@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hello, > In Outlook 2007 MS removed the find function from the right click context > menu and hid it in the menus at the top. It's not "hidden" here - it's staring me right in the ...

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help

Your Help is Appreciated