GreatPlains V8 temporary table

GreatPlains is using multiple temporary tables. At what point these tables
have been generatated and how you can find what is data inside.
Thanks. Sofiya.

Temp tables are generated when they're in scope in the application, and
destroyed when they're out of scope.  For example, they may be populated
after you hit the "Print" button to build a temporary collection of data for
a report, and then destroyed immediately after printing.  Many of them are
listed as c-tree tables, meaning they'd be on the local workstation (I
think).  In a previous life (back in the days of PSQL), I think we obtained
the information from some of them by stopping the process partway through,
and copying away the funky-named table out of the Dynamics folder.  Haven't
tried that lately.  Don't know how you'd view the data inside it after the
fact.  I believe, if you're going after a table used in a report (common use
for temp tables), the table would be active while the report was on-screen,
so printing to screen and leaving it there may work.

You could also try something like Winthrop's Snapshot
(http://www.winthropdc.com/development.html ) while the report is open,
although I'm not sure how well that will work.

Clint

"Report Writer user-defined functions"
<ReportWriteruserdefinedfunctions@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:0351B68C-1C11-480A-94B5-FF9FF20E4AB0@microsoft.com...
> GreatPlains is using multiple temporary tables. At what point these tables
> have been generatated and how you can find what is data inside.
> Thanks. Sofiya.

0
nobody8869 (76)
7/11/2006 6:20:08 PM
Hi Clint, Sofiya

Snapshot won't be able to capture the contents for you.  I think it excludes
TEMP tables. Even if it did try and work for TEMP tables, it would end up
creating a new instance of the TEMP table which would be blank.

With Dexterity there is a way of capturing the reference to a temp table's
table buffer and then accessing the table while it still exists, but outside
of Dexterity it is hard to get at their contents.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer
MBS Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"Clint" wrote:

> Temp tables are generated when they're in scope in the application, and
> destroyed when they're out of scope.  For example, they may be populated
> after you hit the "Print" button to build a temporary collection of data for
> a report, and then destroyed immediately after printing.  Many of them are
> listed as c-tree tables, meaning they'd be on the local workstation (I
> think).  In a previous life (back in the days of PSQL), I think we obtained
> the information from some of them by stopping the process partway through,
> and copying away the funky-named table out of the Dynamics folder.  Haven't
> tried that lately.  Don't know how you'd view the data inside it after the
> fact.  I believe, if you're going after a table used in a report (common use
> for temp tables), the table would be active while the report was on-screen,
> so printing to screen and leaving it there may work.
>
> You could also try something like Winthrop's Snapshot
> (http://www.winthropdc.com/development.html ) while the report is open,
> although I'm not sure how well that will work.
>
> Clint
>
> "Report Writer user-defined functions"
> <ReportWriteruserdefinedfunctions@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:0351B68C-1C11-480A-94B5-FF9FF20E4AB0@microsoft.com...
> > GreatPlains is using multiple temporary tables. At what point these tables
> > have been generatated and how you can find what is data inside.
> > Thanks. Sofiya.

0
dmusgrav1 (1325)
7/12/2006 3:05:02 AM
Can you clarify the way to do it in Dex?  Haven't had to do it before, but
there's been times when it might have been useful.

Clint

"David Musgrave [MSFT]" <dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Clint, Sofiya
>
> Snapshot won't be able to capture the contents for you.  I think it
> excludes
> TEMP tables. Even if it did try and work for TEMP tables, it would end up
> creating a new instance of the TEMP table which would be blank.
>
> With Dexterity there is a way of capturing the reference to a temp table's
> table buffer and then accessing the table while it still exists, but
> outside
> of Dexterity it is hard to get at their contents.
>
> David Musgrave [MSFT]
> Senior Development Consultant
> Escalation Engineer
> MBS Support - Asia Pacific
>
> Microsoft Business Solutions
> http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions
>
> mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com
>
> Any views contained within are my personal views and
> not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> and confers no rights.
>
> "Clint" wrote:
>
>> Temp tables are generated when they're in scope in the application, and
>> destroyed when they're out of scope.  For example, they may be populated
>> after you hit the "Print" button to build a temporary collection of data
>> for
>> a report, and then destroyed immediately after printing.  Many of them
>> are
>> listed as c-tree tables, meaning they'd be on the local workstation (I
>> think).  In a previous life (back in the days of PSQL), I think we
>> obtained
>> the information from some of them by stopping the process partway
>> through,
>> and copying away the funky-named table out of the Dynamics folder.
>> Haven't
>> tried that lately.  Don't know how you'd view the data inside it after
>> the
>> fact.  I believe, if you're going after a table used in a report (common
>> use
>> for temp tables), the table would be active while the report was
>> on-screen,
>> so printing to screen and leaving it there may work.
>>
>> You could also try something like Winthrop's Snapshot
>> (http://www.winthropdc.com/development.html ) while the report is open,
>> although I'm not sure how well that will work.
>>
>> Clint
>>
>> "Report Writer user-defined functions"
>> <ReportWriteruserdefinedfunctions@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:0351B68C-1C11-480A-94B5-FF9FF20E4AB0@microsoft.com...
>> > GreatPlains is using multiple temporary tables. At what point these
>> > tables
>> > have been generatated and how you can find what is data inside.
>> > Thanks. Sofiya.

0
nobody8869 (76)
7/12/2006 2:52:39 PM
Clint

Have a look in the Pushing the Limits with Dexterity conference materials on
how to capture a lookup's table buffer reference.

You can find it on the Extras page of http://www.rocktonsoftware.com.

Have fun.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer
MBS Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

The links in this message may lead to third-party Web sites. Microsoft
provides third-party resources to help you find customer service and/or
technical support resources. Information at these sites may change without
notice. Microsoft is not responsible for the content at any third-party Web
sites and does not guarantee the accuracy of third-party information.

"Clint" wrote:

> Can you clarify the way to do it in Dex?  Haven't had to do it before, but
> there's been times when it might have been useful.
>
> Clint
>
> "David Musgrave [MSFT]" <dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Clint, Sofiya
> >
> > Snapshot won't be able to capture the contents for you.  I think it
> > excludes
> > TEMP tables. Even if it did try and work for TEMP tables, it would end up
> > creating a new instance of the TEMP table which would be blank.
> >
> > With Dexterity there is a way of capturing the reference to a temp table's
> > table buffer and then accessing the table while it still exists, but
> > outside
> > of Dexterity it is hard to get at their contents.
> >
> > David Musgrave [MSFT]
> > Senior Development Consultant
> > Escalation Engineer
> > MBS Support - Asia Pacific
> >
> > Microsoft Business Solutions
> > http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions
> >
> > mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com
> >
> > Any views contained within are my personal views and
> > not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
> > and confers no rights.
> >
> > "Clint" wrote:
> >
> >> Temp tables are generated when they're in scope in the application, and
> >> destroyed when they're out of scope.  For example, they may be populated
> >> after you hit the "Print" button to build a temporary collection of data
> >> for
> >> a report, and then destroyed immediately after printing.  Many of them
> >> are
> >> listed as c-tree tables, meaning they'd be on the local workstation (I
> >> think).  In a previous life (back in the days of PSQL), I think we
> >> obtained
> >> the information from some of them by stopping the process partway
> >> through,
> >> and copying away the funky-named table out of the Dynamics folder.
> >> Haven't
> >> tried that lately.  Don't know how you'd view the data inside it after
> >> the
> >> fact.  I believe, if you're going after a table used in a report (common
> >> use
> >> for temp tables), the table would be active while the report was
> >> on-screen,
> >> so printing to screen and leaving it there may work.
> >>
> >> You could also try something like Winthrop's Snapshot
> >> (http://www.winthropdc.com/development.html ) while the report is open,
> >> although I'm not sure how well that will work.
> >>
> >> Clint
> >>
> >> "Report Writer user-defined functions"
> >> <ReportWriteruserdefinedfunctions@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message news:0351B68C-1C11-480A-94B5-FF9FF20E4AB0@microsoft.com...

0
dmusgrav1 (1325)
7/14/2006 7:36:01 AM
Thanks, David.  Appreciate it.

> Clint
>
> Have a look in the Pushing the Limits with Dexterity conference materials
> on
> how to capture a lookup's table buffer reference.
>
> You can find it on the Extras page of http://www.rocktonsoftware.com.
>
> Have fun.
>
> David Musgrave [MSFT]
> Senior Development Consultant
> Escalation Engineer
> MBS Support - Asia Pacific
>
> Microsoft Business Solutions
> http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions
>
> mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com
>
> Any views contained within are my personal views and
> not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> and confers no rights.
>
> The links in this message may lead to third-party Web sites. Microsoft
> provides third-party resources to help you find customer service and/or
> technical support resources. Information at these sites may change without
> notice. Microsoft is not responsible for the content at any third-party
> Web
> sites and does not guarantee the accuracy of third-party information.
>

> "Clint" wrote:
>
>> Can you clarify the way to do it in Dex?  Haven't had to do it before,
>> but
>> there's been times when it might have been useful.
>>
>> Clint
>>
>> "David Musgrave [MSFT]" <dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi Clint, Sofiya
>> >
>> > Snapshot won't be able to capture the contents for you.  I think it
>> > excludes
>> > TEMP tables. Even if it did try and work for TEMP tables, it would end
>> > up
>> > creating a new instance of the TEMP table which would be blank.
>> >
>> > With Dexterity there is a way of capturing the reference to a temp
>> > table's
>> > table buffer and then accessing the table while it still exists, but
>> > outside
>> > of Dexterity it is hard to get at their contents.
>> >
>> > David Musgrave [MSFT]
>> > Senior Development Consultant
>> > Escalation Engineer
>> > MBS Support - Asia Pacific
>> >
>> > Microsoft Business Solutions
>> > http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions
>> >
>> > mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com
>> >
>> > Any views contained within are my personal views and
>> > not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
>> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
>> > and confers no rights.

0
nobody8869 (76)

Table import Fixed Assets
Hello, Does anyone know why its not recommended to use Table Import to import Fixed Assets? Or what issues someone should be on the look out for when they use Table Import to import Fixed Assets? Thank You There is no reason I can think of. However, you will need to follow the same import guidelines outlined in the FA manual and follow the same order of importing data. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Hazvi" wrote: > Hel...

pivot table space question
I have a pivot table with 3 months of data which takes up about 44M bytes. I want to use this spreadsheet as a template to create a new spreadsheet with a pivot table for the next month's data. When I do this the new ss had roughly the same size as the 3 month ss. Since I only have 8K rows in the new ss versus 24K rows in the old ss, I would have thought the new pivot table would be somewhat smaller as far as bytes. Any ideas? Thanks If you copied the file you might have copied a link to the original pivot table. Try selecting the pt, and choosing Data, Pivot Table and...

open .chm file from VC++ - with Table Of Contents hidden
Hi All, how could i launch/open a .chm file from my app(VC++ - VS2005), where in the ..chm has to open by default without any TOC(table of contents) in the .chm. In detail,I am using ::HtmlHelp(GetSafeHwnd(), sFileName, HH_DISPLAY_TOPIC,0); where sFileName is the path including the .chm file name. Now, when i execute the above piece of code I am getting .chm launched but with EXPANDED TOC, which i dont require for my functionality. Can any one suggest, How by default the TOC can be hidden and the .chm can be launched ?? I mean currently HIDE, BACKWARD,FORWARD, PRINT ...

How to copy Table Design with out the Table Data ?
we went to duplicate a child table in our data base... but we don't want to duplicate the data in the table... just the fields and field definitions If we copy the table we get all the data too... right? How can we copy the Table Design with out the Table Data AND... have the Autonumber Fields _reset_ to start back at record number 1 ? thanks for any help. In news:472a4351$0$32506$4c368faf@roadrunner.com, Will <Will@somewhere.com> wrote: > we went to duplicate a child table in our data base... > > but we don't want to duplicate the data in the table... just the...

Greatplains Database
Hi I need to implement an integration between GP and one of our applications. Is there anby document that describes the database tables and model in GP? for example there is one for project server. Thanks for help MO Medo, I found the SDK Diagrams extermely helpful. If you Open The Great Plains InstallDisk2 > Tools Folder > SDK Folder Run the Setup This installs the SDK and from there you can view both the Logical and the Physical Views. I printed these on our Plotter and they are hanging on the wall of my office. I am always referring to them because it also shows how e...

Pivot table: How to calculate weighted averages?
Each row of my data represents a bond with amount, interest rate and yearly payment of interest. First column shows at which bank I have this bond. Bank1 - Bond1 - Interest Rate: 5.00% - Amount: 1000 - Payment: 50 Bank1 - Bond2 - Interest Rate: 2.00% - Amount: 100 - Payment: 2 Bank2 - Bond3 - Interest Rate: 4.00% - Amount: 2000 - Payment: 80 Bank2 - Bond4 - Interest Rate: 8.00% - Amount: 1000 - Payment: 80 I want to create a pivot table which shows for each bank the weigthed average of interest rate and sum of payments. Bank1: 4.72% - 52 Bank2: 5.33% - 160 Total: 5.17% - 212 4.72 for ...

Finding Crystal Reports V8.5
Hello, I would like to find Crystal Reports V8.5 to create a def file but have no idea how or if this can be done. I download a trial version of version 11.0 I believe but understand that I can't do this, create a def file. Is Crystal Reports V11.0 a better version to actually have If it is not possible to find Crystal Reports V8.5 anywhere? I am using RMS 2.0 and think I can use Crystal Reports V11.0 okay but it would be easier for the others in my office if I could create a def file(s) so they could access these reports from RMS. Thanks in advance! John K. Ho John, If you a...

Send data from a cell to a table
I have created a template excel sheet that I want to use to keep track of patients for a friend in the medical field. The friend will open the sheet and save it as the patient's last name. My problem is that he wants a billing sheet each day. I think that the solution is to have a cell in the template sheet that submits data to the next available cell in a table in a "master" excel sheet ... a sheet that keeps a running total of all entries. If such a cell were to exist in the template file, it should be copied to all new patient files. I'm not sure if this makes ...

SQL Update to a SOP table
Hello all. I wonder if it is possible and correcto to run a TSQL update against the table SOP30200 in GP in order to change the slprsnid (salespersonid) in just some transactions. Posted transactions. I tried to use PSTL but that tool update the whole table and I need just the transactions of the current year. I really appreciate any comment about this matter. emiranda Hi Emiranda, There may be several issues with this approach. What need are you satisfying by updating the salesperson id on posted invoices? The salesperson ID also appears on the sop line, so tha...

Pivot Table and Zeros #4
Would I have to run the macro all the time. I don't know much about VB. Bria -- mense2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mense23's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=717 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26957 You could use the PivotTableUpdate event to run it when the pivot table is refreshed. For example: '========================== Private Sub Worksheet_PivotTableUpdate(ByVal Target As PivotTable) HideZeroRowTotals End Sub '=================== The HideZero...

C:\Documents and Settings\My Name\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\RCXZN5L9
HELP I am running out of space on my C:\ Drive and was looking for things to delete when I came accross the following of over 1GB. C:\Documents and Settings\My Name\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\RCXZN5L9 What is it and is it safe to delete everthing in it? In fact is it safe to delete everthing within the C:\Documents and Settings\Mark E. Moss\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\ Directory? Mark Moss IE Tools | Internet Options | General | Browsing history | Settings | Disk space to use: Since you're...

Date prob with Pivot Table
The spreadsheet I'm using for a pivot table contains a calculated date field (Date+30). This NewDate field is used in the pivot table. I've changed the date format in both the data spreadsheet and the pivot table to mm/dd/yy, but when the table is refreshed the NewDate field reverts to mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm. I imagine this has to do with the calculation... What can I do so that I the table can be refreshed, but keep the mm/dd/yy format? Thanks in advance, Janice In the pivot table, right-click on the NewDate field button Choose Field Settings Click Number, and select the date format ...

Apply-user-defined table style only to tables with no vertically merged cells
Dear Experts: below simple macros applies a user-defined table styles to all tables in the current document. It works fine. I wonder whether it is possible... .... to check each table for vertically merged cells and... .....only apply the user-defined table style to tables without any vertically merged cells .... the index number of tables which have not been worked on because of this is to be displayed in a msgbox Hope this is feasible and not beyond the scope of this forum. Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas Sub ApplyTblStyl...

Hide/Remove totals on Rows in Pivot table
Hi All, Is there a way I can remove the totals which in a pivot table? I try right clicking on a total and selecting "Group and Outline" and "Hide detail" however the error message "Cannot show or hide detail of this type". -- Adam ----------- Windows 98 + Office Pro 97 Hi Try taking off grand totals for row and grand totals for columns in the option section of pivot wizard Tina "Adam" wrote: > Hi All, > > Is there a way I can remove the totals which in a pivot table? > > I try right clicking on a total and selecting "Gro...

Pivot Table, Line Chart with Secondary Y axis, Page Field selection destroys Y2 axis
Even after googling for a while I cannot find anyone with the same problem, so here it is: if generating a Line Chart out of a Pivot Table with Page fields, AND using a Secondary Y Axis in the line chart to separate 2 or more curves, this secondary Y axis disappears as soon as any Page Field value is reselected or changed! I'd call this a serious bug. Depending on the Excel versions I tried the effect is different, but destructive to that Y2 association: - in Excel 2002 (SP2) all curves of the Line Chart are associated with the Primary Y axis, the secondary one disappears - in Excel 2000...

Table structure modification
Hi How can I; 1. Rename a table field via code? 2. Set a property of a table field via code? Many Thanks Regards There's no one consistent way to do this kind of thing. Several field properties can be changed programmatically only though DAO. If the property has never been used, you may need to CreateProperty first. The SetPropertyDAO() function on this page shows how to set the property and created it if necessary: http://allenbrowne.com/func-DAO.html#SetPropertyDAO There are some properties that can't be changed after the field has been created...

table designing ms access
There is any way to have a field name should automaticaly liknked with another table becuse i want to design a table in there field name should updated utomaticaly from another table any tips regrds faisal Riyadh DO NOT duplicate the field. Make it appearing in a single table and if you need it, associated to data from a second table, use a JOIN to retrieve it. Sure, I assume your just refer to the field. There are cases where you may need, indeed, to update a field (such as getting a new inventory, so the quantities may have to be updated, or for archiving purposes), but in general...

Drawing tables
Hi, I am trying to draw a table from scratch by using the pen feature to create my table. I am having a hard time drawing the cells within my table. Every time I try to draw a cell, it keeps on drawing another boarder. Is there a trick I am missing on this procedure? Your expertise is greatly appreciated. Joe. Is there are requirement to use the pen feature? Try Insert > Table. I think that will be easier for you. Sandy "Joeman2010" wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to draw a table from scratch by using the pen feature to create > my table...

Make a pivot table from an existing pivot table
I'm trying to make a completely new pivot table out of an existing pivot table where the existing table is actually the source data (not the original data table). The problem I have is that this intermediate pivot table has 3 columns of unique values (with over 1000 rows) before we get to the data. I can't just copy it and make a pivot table, or create a mirror sheet that isn't a pivot table because of the blank cells underneath each change in value. I have this: Source Name Attempts Data Mail Joe 1 654 2 700 ...

How to Update OwnerID and name in Account table?
Hi there, We are using Dynamics CRM 4.0 when we import mass accounts we used the sysadmin as default ownerID Now we would like to set owner name based on states. My question is how to update the owner name field in FilteredAccount? Thanks, Ed Dror On Nov 5, 2:35=A0pm, "Ed Dror" <ed.d...@bluepoint.com> wrote: > Hi there, > > We are using Dynamics CRM 4.0 > > when we import mass accounts we used the sysadmin as default ownerID > Now we would like to set owner name based on states. > My question is how to update the owner name field in FilteredAccount? ...

formatting pivot tables
I have a pivot table that lose their cell's borders when the data is refreshed. I can replace the borders through normal methods and all is well until the next refresh. Since only the calculated cells seem to be effected, I am sure I am missing something - any ideas? ...

Field Populates in Form, Not in Table (Was "Leading Zeros Lost in Concatenation")
I think I'm closer. I confess to being a newbie when it comes to using functions in Access, but I finally got my form to look as desired by putting the following in my Control Source for the field: =Format([Figure Identifier],"0000000" & [Description] & ".eps"). So far, so good. http://s28.quicksharing.com/v/5304419/controlsource.jpg.html The table tied to the form was imported in Access from Excel, and the form was then built on the table. Within the table, however, this field is not populating when adding new records. Only the initial row, which was populat...

More piviot table issues
When i Create a piviot table in Excel 2000 and send it out to users having excel 97 sr2 they dont get the row field drop downs how do make sure they get them Neil In Excel 97, the field item dropdowns aren't available. You can double-click on a field button, and select items to show or hide. Neil isherwood wrote: > When i Create a piviot table in Excel 2000 and send it out to users having > excel 97 sr2 they dont get the row field drop downs how do make sure they > get them > Neil -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Pivot Tables
....On one spreadsheet, I'm collating raw data each month about members of staff who use our company eLearning portal: name, subject, time spent. I've then created a Pivot Table on another sheet which fits the bill, except in one respect. I've added a comment in the employee name cell if they pass the course. When I refresh the Pivot Table monthly, it isn't in A-Z order (i.e. new employees are added to the bottom). If I re-sort using the A-Z button, any comments remain absolute instead of moving relatively with the employee name. Any way round this or am I updating the P...