Great Plains Upgrade / Requisition Management

Did anyone run into any issues when upgrading from version 7.5 to
version 9.0?  If so, please let me know what to look out for.

Also, is Requisition Management difficult to setup?  Do you create
users that are separate than the users in GP or can they be linked?

Great Plains and RMS
I've upgraded our RMS systems to service pack 3. We now have the option of selecting the GP accounting option. It looks like we have to download an add-on for Great Plains.. Is this true ? The one out there only says for import to GP 7.5 We are currently running GP 8.0. Will it work for this version? Do I even need this add-on, now that you can select the GP accounting option? Scot, KB 893330 discusses integration with GP 8.0, but the links are broken for the download. If my memory is correct, there was talk about a 10/01/05 release date. -- * "Scot S" <ScotS@discussio...

What is this great plains?
The website is down and i want to install CRM but find everywhere links to greatplains. Is the essential, just an add-on......? ...

plain text #6
Does some one now if there is an option in Outlook XP to read messages by default in plain text? In Outlook express there is such an option but I can not find it in Microsoft Outlook. Thank you There is an add-in that allows this - http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.html --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Jacob asked: | Does some one now if th...

Collection management Time Zone Setup
It appears that when you install the CM module, you have to manually update the Collection info screen per customer for the time zone. Anyone have an easier way? I would think that seeing as this looks at RM tables, wouldn't it be wonderful to have the system KNOW what time zone the customer is in based on the state. What happens to customers who have several hundred or thousands of customers? Am I missing something? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I...

MSN Bill Pay Upgrade
After the Bill Pay Upgrade, when I sync'd, the account which WAS associated to MSN Bill Pay PRIOR to the upgrade is NO LONGER my payment account. My checking account bank does not offer online services, so shouldn't I still be able to associate the same account to my bill pay service after the upgrade? I've tried to "manually merge" my checking with the newly created payment account, but receive an error that the file is "corrupt" upon trying to import the file I exported for the checking account. Will I really need 2 accounts to make this work? I've ...

great
This is a great newsgroup glad I found it. hope to learn a lot here and natrally also to contribute. There are more things in heven and earth tan we know http://spiritualnowbusiness.blogspot.com/ --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20070608110655W6g5FqZ2 ---- Posted via Pronews.com - Premium Corporate Usenet News Provider ---- http://www.pronews.com offers corporate packages that have access to 100,000+ newsgroups ...

Data Migration manager 4.0
How do I get DMM 4.0 to link a contact to an account (this I can do) and at the same time make the contact the primary contact on the account? Thanks, Ilja Hi Ilja, To do this, you will need a unique ID against each Contact and Account. Looking at a very simplfied version, the concept is ... --- Contact.csv Contact Number First Name Last Name Parent Account 100 Contact A - Bob ACC-001 101 Contact B - Tim ACC-001 102 Contact C - Jo ACC-002 103 Contact D - Jane ACC-003 --- Account.csv Account Number Name Primary Contact ACC-001 Company 1 100 ACC...

No companies listed after upgrading Dynamics's db
Version 7.5 - 8 upgrade. Upgraded Dynamics' db fine, but click next and no companies are listed. Gone through TK searches for days and cannot find any solution. The DB_Upgrade table shows every company as 7.5 and Dynamics as 8.0. This used to be a very common problem in upgrades, yet there are no TKs anymore. ...

Upgrading Outlook problem
Hello Everyone, When I upgrade Outlook 2000 from 97, in some instances I go to add service from the tool menu and the service option is not there. Accounts appears, but Service does not. Any ideas? thank you for any help. Maritza. Thank you this was it! Maritza. >-----Original Message----- >Hi Maritza, > >Outlook 2000 can be configured in two completely different modes, "Corporate or Workgroup" and "Internet Mail Only." If you open Outlook, then click on >Help > About, you should see that your machine is installed in "Internet Mail Only&q...

eConnect Upgrade 9.0 APLYWITH not there
Hi, I'm upgrading from eConnect 7.0.4.1 to 9.0 I'm looking for complete (or scattered) documentation for nodes that have been added or removed. For example, in 7.0 taSopHdrIvcInsert class these nodes exist but not in 9.0 APLYWITH WITHHAMT SALEDATE NONINVEN Any help is greatly appreciated Thank you, Marta Marta: They list there changes in the CHM files - I looked at the 8.0 CHM file installed with eConnect and they list this: Removed the following elements from the <taSopHdrIvcInsert> node. Node <taSopHdrIvcInsert> Elements removed ADVPMNTS dt:dt="number&qu...

Great Plains
Hello, I have a report made in Crystal for purchase orders. I want to open this report when I click on print button from "Purchase Order Entry" window. Any help is welcome. Radu. The easiest thing would be to purchase one of the third-party modules that are available. One tool is from Accountable Software called Forms Printer. Another tool is Crystallizer. I cannot remember who makes it, though. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Radu LP" wrote: > Hello, > I have a report made in Crystal for purchase orders. I want to open this > report when I click on print butto...

Upgrade from Word 2001 to Office 2001?
Too late? I use 2001 versions of Word and Excel on my iMac with OS 9.2. When installed, they created Microsoft Office 2001 folders--but without the additional software like PowerPoint (Outlook or Entourage). PowerPoint would be real handy now. Is there still a way I can upgrade to Office for it? Or, even use updater downloads...? Please advise if anyone knows. Thanks, Josef JosefVenice@verizon.net PS Please reply direct to email. Hi Josef Because you are using OS9.2, you cannot upgrade to Office X, or Office 2004, but you can use Word 2001, or Excel 2001 to upgrade to the full version...

Implemeting Portals in Great Plains?
Hi All, What are the requierments to implement Portals for Great Plains for other branchs to be able to access it online through the internet? Does Microsoft provide a While Papers for Portals Deployements Guide ? Thanks, Habibalby There are a few white papers concerning Business Portal, a Sharepoint-based portal. You may want to log into CustomerSource and review them. "MS GPS" <habibalby@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eM4O6bTxFHA.3856@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > What are the requierments to implement Portals for Great Plains for other > br...

OWA 2003 after upgrade
Hi Wonder if someone can help please? I've recently in-place upgraded our Exchange 2000 standard installation to Exchange 2003 SP2. This resides on a Windows 2000 SP4 standard server. No problems with the upgrade. Everything working fine and dandy. I can access OWA fine, however, it will only display the basic interface and not the premium interface (i.e. no reading pane etc.). This is for both http and https access. I've tried this from various clients inside and outside the LAN and all using web clients IE6 or above. I performed a similar upgrade in a lab environment first a...

I can't see the folder(Folder Container) in exchange server manage
I have four administrative groups (four sites), these sites are in different places, all of them are over Echange server Standard 2000. These server were migrated of exchange server 5.5. My problem is that i can't see the folder container in the console manager, in that way i can't access to the others options (view system folder) I install another Exchange server in order to prove this problem, but in this case the folder container were displayed. I hope your help. Thanks. ...

MS Great Plains
We have Great Plains (PersonnelOracle Version 2002.03.15 3.0.6. and PowerTool 2002.03.19. 3.1.1.) installed. Previously we have used Office 2000 and the Word merge was working perfectly. Upgrading to 2002 or 2003 the Word merge stopped working, I suppose we need new templates for Word 2003 (.dot files). Who shall we contact with? Any suggestion would be appreciated! Where do Oracle and PowerTool come into the equation? Are you trying to use Word with Microsoft Great Plains? How were you doing it with Word 2000? "Zoltan Bacs" <Zoltan Bacs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Faxing via desktop from Great Plains (customer invoices,etc.)
We have the need to fax from our desktops. We are on Great Plains 8.0. Examples are customer invoices. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=3238cba3-0f91-47c1-...

You guys are great!
This is a great group! I know sometimes it is frustrating because we (novices ) fail to give you all of the facts, but the bottom line is that I ALWAYS get the answer to my questions!! THANKS! Ron H. ----------------- www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com - *Completion*Retention*Speed* Access your favorite newsgroups from home or on the road ----------------- I've learned more through the years from hanging out in this group than any other source. I try to answer questions as often as I can, but I learn way more than I teach. I think that is part of the nature of participation. Tom &quo...

How to upgrade to 2004?
I have Money 2003. Am interested in upgrading to 2004. I don't see anywhere on the Money site to upgrade (as opposed to buying outright) 2004. Is that possible? Where do I go? >Subject: How to upgrade to 2004? >From: "leenman" anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com >Date: 7/30/2004 6:57 PM Eastern Standard Time >Message-id: <78eb01c47691$09497100$a301280a@phx.gbl> > >I have Money 2003. Am interested in upgrading to 2004. I >don't see anywhere on the Money site to upgrade (as >opposed to buying outright) 2004. Is that possible? Where >do I...

Unable to use manage online services
Yall, This issue is plaguing me for a while already. It happens that I installed Money 2005 SB and now I am unable to manage online services. When I try to go to set up online services, I chose credit card, and right after I am presented with a red font message saying “ …. To set up your accounts, you must be online. Please close Money, and then sign in to your file. When you sign in, make sure the Work offline box is cleared. ….”. The work offline is not set at File Menu so I am at a loss here. In addition, if I try to alter my passport at Password Manager I am presented with a...

Calendar Invites Arrive as Plain Text
Mixed-Mode Environment: Exchange Server 2003 SP1 Clustered Active/Passive Windows Server 2003 SP1 Clustered Avtive/Passive Exchange Server 2003 SP1 Non-clustered/Standard Windows Server 2003 SP1 Non-Clustered/Standard Exchange 5.5 SP 4 Clustered Active/Passive Windows NT 4.0 SP6a Clustered Active/Passive Exchange 5.5 SP 4 Non-Clustered/Standard Windows NT 4.0 SP6a Non-Clustered/Standard We have identified that any calendar invite request, when sent outside of the Exchange Server Environment arrives at it's destination as plain text instead of the standard invite format in Outlook. ...

manager can update membership list
Not sure if this is by design, but I have a user who wants to manage multiple Distribution Lists but doesn't want to be a member and recieve the e-mails assoociated with the DL. If I don't make the user a member of the DL's, they are unable to manage the group membership and the check box is selected to "Manager can update membership list". Does anyone know if there is a way to provide a user the ability to modify the group membership w/o having to make the user a member of the group, or is this by design? Exchange 2007 with AD FFL/DFL 2003. -- Pau...

Integration Manager SOP import shouldn't require SOP setup access
Per KB #896549 users must have access to the Sales Order Processing Setup window in order to run integrations for sales orders. Users are not required to have access to that window to enter sales orders manually. They should not have to have that level of access when running integrations. -- Jim@TurboChef ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in th...

Sending messages in Plain text format to one email recipient by default in OL2002
I use OL2002. I've opened up the contact, "Joe Smith". I double-click on the email field. It shows that the "Internet format" field is "Send plain text only". However, when I draft an email to this contact, "Joe Smith", it still goes out as HTML. (And if it is sent as HTML, he never receives it.) While drafting the message, if I remember to go to the tool bar and change it from HTML to Plain text, Joe Smith will receive the message. But, if I forget to change it from HTML to Plain Text, then Joe never sees the message. Also worth noting:...

Unable to publish with Deployment Manager
Hi! I am having difficulty trying to get the publish task to work in the deployment manager. I have been working through the tutorial. I added a "picklist" schema field to the Contact schema. When I try to publish my changes I receive an UGLY error : Publish completed with errors. Please see event log for details. CGIHOUINET2: ***Error*** Failed to download XSL template files from Web Server Can someone give me a clue? I'm afraid that the error doesn't tell me much. The event log shows the following ( I particularly like the spelling of "exception."): Source...