Great Plains service pack

We are on Great Plains 8, no service pack. We want to apply Service Pack 4.

My question is whether any service pack will need to be applied to the
Business Portal or PDK as we are applying the service pack to Great Plains.

We would like to avoid applying any service packs to PDK or Business Portal
at this point. We use Business Portal for Project Accounting.

0
jacktundra (359)

You willl not need to apply a SP to Business Portal, but I would recommed
applying the service pack to PDK.  If you are worried about what the SP would
do to your current system, try applying the SP in a test environment.  Once
you are satisified everything work ok, you then could apply the SP in the
production environment.
--
www.fmtconsultants.com

"Jack Tundra" wrote:

> We are on Great Plains 8, no service pack. We want to apply Service Pack 4.
>
> My question is whether any service pack will need to be applied to the
> Business Portal or PDK as we are applying the service pack to Great Plains.
>
> We would like to avoid applying any service packs to PDK or Business Portal
> at this point. We use Business Portal for Project Accounting.

0
Richard853 (481)
9/21/2006 6:37:02 PM
thanks.
"Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You willl not need to apply a SP to Business Portal, but I would recommed
> applying the service pack to PDK.  If you are worried about what the SP
> would
> do to your current system, try applying the SP in a test environment.
> Once
> you are satisified everything work ok, you then could apply the SP in the
> production environment.
> --
> www.fmtconsultants.com
>

> "Jack Tundra" wrote:
>
>> We are on Great Plains 8, no service pack. We want to apply Service Pack
>> 4.
>>
>> My question is whether any service pack will need to be applied to the
>> Business Portal or PDK as we are applying the service pack to Great
>> Plains.
>>
>> We would like to avoid applying any service packs to PDK or Business
>> Portal
>> at this point. We use Business Portal for Project Accounting.

0
jacktundra (359)
9/21/2006 8:10:49 PM
Why not apply Service Pack 5 for v8 now that it has been released?

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer - Great Plains

Micorosoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"Jack Tundra" wrote:

> thanks.
> "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > You willl not need to apply a SP to Business Portal, but I would recommed
> > applying the service pack to PDK.  If you are worried about what the SP
> > would
> > do to your current system, try applying the SP in a test environment.
> > Once
> > you are satisified everything work ok, you then could apply the SP in the
> > production environment.
> > --
> > www.fmtconsultants.com
> >

> > "Jack Tundra" wrote:
> >
> >> We are on Great Plains 8, no service pack. We want to apply Service Pack
> >> 4.
> >>
> >> My question is whether any service pack will need to be applied to the
> >> Business Portal or PDK as we are applying the service pack to Great
> >> Plains.
> >>
> >> We would like to avoid applying any service packs to PDK or Business
> >> Portal
> >> at this point. We use Business Portal for Project Accounting.

0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

Great Plains and RMS
I've upgraded our RMS systems to service pack 3. We now have the option of selecting the GP accounting option. It looks like we have to download an add-on for Great Plains.. Is this true ? The one out there only says for import to GP 7.5 We are currently running GP 8.0. Will it work for this version? Do I even need this add-on, now that you can select the GP accounting option? Scot, KB 893330 discusses integration with GP 8.0, but the links are broken for the download. If my memory is correct, there was talk about a 10/01/05 release date. -- * "Scot S" <ScotS@discussio...

What is this great plains?
The website is down and i want to install CRM but find everywhere links to greatplains. Is the essential, just an add-on......? ...

Modified Forms not working on Terminal Services
I have a modifed form that works perfectly on a Windows Client like Windows XP or Windows 2000. However, when running the modified from under Windows Terminal Services, the Dot appears before the window name, but the field I modified is not working. e.g. I made the Terms field non-editable and non-lookupable on the "Sales Customer Detail Entry Screen". Thanks in advance for your assistance. Jim Hi Sounds like you have a VBA permission issue. Make sure you have installed VBA from Adprod. Check the follow registry permissions (backup you registry first!!) Registry Perm...

plain text #6
Does some one now if there is an option in Outlook XP to read messages by default in plain text? In Outlook express there is such an option but I can not find it in Microsoft Outlook. Thank you There is an add-in that allows this - http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.html --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Jacob asked: | Does some one now if th...

Obtaining Post-Office 2000 Service Pack 3 (SP-3) hotfix AKA Outlook 2000 Hangs after opening 20003
I have a number of users using both Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2000 on our Exchange 2000 server.. Many of them are now having hang problems when exiting Outlook 2000. I am pretty sure this post hot-fix MS describes will fix the problem but I don't know how to DL it. We are MSDN susbscribers. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=834005 Call 1-800-936-4900 (press 3 for hotfixes) and tell them you're calling to obtain the hotfix described in KB [number] and they should fix you right up. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneN...

Update Case History automatically after New Service Activity is sa
Hi All, When a technician completes a service activity, a custom field on the form "Current Status" will contain the details of the current status of the case. The "Regarding" field on the Service Activity form already contains the particular case. I want to add the "Service Activity (Current Status)" field contents to the beginning of the "Case (Current Status)" field to allow users to see the current status of each case, with the last entry showing on the top of the form. Any ides would be welcome. Thanks -- David Dalton IT Systems Ltd Kill...

What is the fastest sustainable web service response time?
Is it possible for a very fast web service to consistently provide an average 500 millisecond response time? Is the internet itself too slow making this goal completely infeasible using current technology? "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@OCR4Screen.com> wrote in message news:W4mdnSJ8462Jxx7WnZ2dnUVZ_s-dnZ2d@giganews.com... > Is it possible for a very fast web service to consistently provide an > average 500 millisecond response time? > > Is the internet itself too slow making this goal completely infeasible > using current technology? > >...

great
This is a great newsgroup glad I found it. hope to learn a lot here and natrally also to contribute. There are more things in heven and earth tan we know http://spiritualnowbusiness.blogspot.com/ --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20070608110655W6g5FqZ2 ---- Posted via Pronews.com - Premium Corporate Usenet News Provider ---- http://www.pronews.com offers corporate packages that have access to 100,000+ newsgroups ...

Great Plains
Hello, I have a report made in Crystal for purchase orders. I want to open this report when I click on print button from "Purchase Order Entry" window. Any help is welcome. Radu. The easiest thing would be to purchase one of the third-party modules that are available. One tool is from Accountable Software called Forms Printer. Another tool is Crystallizer. I cannot remember who makes it, though. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Radu LP" wrote: > Hello, > I have a report made in Crystal for purchase orders. I want to open this > report when I click on print butto...

Service Calendar Error #2
All, Everything is working fine in CRM except Service Calendar get an error: "Server was unable to process request." So, anybody knows what's going on? and let me know and I'd appreciate it. Thanks Never mind. I got it. "Toi Day" wrote: > All, > Everything is working fine in CRM except Service Calendar get an error: > "Server was unable to process request." > So, anybody knows what's going on? and let me know and I'd appreciate it. > > Thanks It would by nice if you share youre solution with us. Thanks "Toi Day"...

Implemeting Portals in Great Plains?
Hi All, What are the requierments to implement Portals for Great Plains for other branchs to be able to access it online through the internet? Does Microsoft provide a While Papers for Portals Deployements Guide ? Thanks, Habibalby There are a few white papers concerning Business Portal, a Sharepoint-based portal. You may want to log into CustomerSource and review them. "MS GPS" <habibalby@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eM4O6bTxFHA.3856@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > What are the requierments to implement Portals for Great Plains for other > br...

MS Great Plains
We have Great Plains (PersonnelOracle Version 2002.03.15 3.0.6. and PowerTool 2002.03.19. 3.1.1.) installed. Previously we have used Office 2000 and the Word merge was working perfectly. Upgrading to 2002 or 2003 the Word merge stopped working, I suppose we need new templates for Word 2003 (.dot files). Who shall we contact with? Any suggestion would be appreciated! Where do Oracle and PowerTool come into the equation? Are you trying to use Word with Microsoft Great Plains? How were you doing it with Word 2000? "Zoltan Bacs" <Zoltan Bacs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Faxing via desktop from Great Plains (customer invoices,etc.)
We have the need to fax from our desktops. We are on Great Plains 8.0. Examples are customer invoices. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=3238cba3-0f91-47c1-...

ocx in a service
I want use an ocx in a service. The create method of the ocx is the following virtual BOOL Create(LPCTSTR lpszClassName, LPCTSTR lpszWindowName, DWORD dwStyle, const RECT& rect, CWnd* pParentWnd, UINT nID, CCreateContext* pContext = NULL) In a service I do not have any CWnd, so I don’t know what put in the argument “CWnd* pParentWnd”. How can I solve this? Tks. Rui You should be using CoCreateInstance to create the OCX control. AliR. "Rui Oliveira" <RuiOliveira@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1D47112-53FC-4B85-97A5-614A7139960A@microsoft.com....

Calendar Invites Arrive as Plain Text
Mixed-Mode Environment: Exchange Server 2003 SP1 Clustered Active/Passive Windows Server 2003 SP1 Clustered Avtive/Passive Exchange Server 2003 SP1 Non-clustered/Standard Windows Server 2003 SP1 Non-Clustered/Standard Exchange 5.5 SP 4 Clustered Active/Passive Windows NT 4.0 SP6a Clustered Active/Passive Exchange 5.5 SP 4 Non-Clustered/Standard Windows NT 4.0 SP6a Non-Clustered/Standard We have identified that any calendar invite request, when sent outside of the Exchange Server Environment arrives at it's destination as plain text instead of the standard invite format in Outlook. ...

Unable to use manage online services
Yall, This issue is plaguing me for a while already. It happens that I installed Money 2005 SB and now I am unable to manage online services. When I try to go to set up online services, I chose credit card, and right after I am presented with a red font message saying “ …. To set up your accounts, you must be online. Please close Money, and then sign in to your file. When you sign in, make sure the Work offline box is cleared. ….”. The work offline is not set at File Menu so I am at a loss here. In addition, if I try to alter my passport at Password Manager I am presented with a...

70-284: unable to run Exchange services using a service account
I'm working through the MS study kit for 70-284. I installed Exchange 2003 using a service account set up for the purpose; all OK. Initially the services run as LocalSystem so I changed them to run using the service account. However the System Attendant now does not start. I get an Event ID 1005 with text: "Unexpected error The logon attempt failed ID no: 8009030c Microsoft Exchange System Attendant occurred. " That would suggest a problem with authenticating as the service account, yet I was logged on with that account and the Exchange Management service starts up fine using ...

You guys are great!
This is a great group! I know sometimes it is frustrating because we (novices ) fail to give you all of the facts, but the bottom line is that I ALWAYS get the answer to my questions!! THANKS! Ron H. ----------------- www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com - *Completion*Retention*Speed* Access your favorite newsgroups from home or on the road ----------------- I've learned more through the years from hanging out in this group than any other source. I try to answer questions as often as I can, but I learn way more than I teach. I think that is part of the nature of participation. Tom &quo...

Sending messages in Plain text format to one email recipient by default in OL2002
I use OL2002. I've opened up the contact, "Joe Smith". I double-click on the email field. It shows that the "Internet format" field is "Send plain text only". However, when I draft an email to this contact, "Joe Smith", it still goes out as HTML. (And if it is sent as HTML, he never receives it.) While drafting the message, if I remember to go to the tool bar and change it from HTML to Plain text, Joe Smith will receive the message. But, if I forget to change it from HTML to Plain Text, then Joe never sees the message. Also worth noting:...

Characters not supported by the Internet Services:
This message uses a character set that is not supported by the Internet Service. To view the original message content, open the attached message. If the text doesn't display correctly, save the attachment to disk, and then open it using a viewer that can display the original character set. I'm running Exchange 5.5 and have only seed this once before. ...

Microsoft Security Patch and Great Plains
We are applying following Security Patches to our Great Plains server. This is on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 with SQL Server 2000 - latest SP. Is there a way to find out if any of these may conflict with Great Plains and/or FRx? I am not able to find any information on Microsoft website. We always apply these patches and either something with GP or FRx is broken - in most cases FRx. We would appreciate your feedback. List of security patches: MS05-052 - Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (KB Article Q896688) MS05-051 - Vulnerabilities in MSDTC and COM+ (KB Article Q902400) MS...

Personal Folders Service
Is there a registry key tweak that can be used to remove/disable the Personal Folders Service from Outlook2000? Thanks Lee Gerhardstein lgerhardstein@ag.state.oh.us See the following KB article; http://support.microsoft.com/?id=258277 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1afa401c44fbf$ebe333a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a registry key tweak that can be used to > remove/disable the Personal...

createprocess in a windows service?
Hi, i need to start my application from a NT service. So it is possible that the app can do its stuff without loggin on to the system... I created a such a NT service. I can start and stopp him. My problem is now: How can i start an application from that service? Is it possible and how? Thanks for all hints Greets, Holger -- http://www.kreissl.info For that You have to Create the Desktop Interactive services to show you r program on User Desktop. look for this article http://www.codeproject.com/system/iconservice.asp -- With Regards Alok Gupta Visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com ...

Database Constraint Violated SQL Error for Great Plains 8
Hi there. We're doing a save on a MS Great Plains with SQL Server screen and get the following error: "A save operation on table 'WS_Time_Sheet_TRX_WORK' failed because a database constraint was violated." If I hit More Info it says: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]INSERT statement conflicted with COLUMN FOREIGN KEY constraint 'FK_WS10702_UPR00100'. The conflict occurred in database 'NSP', table 'U00100PR', column 'EMPLOYID'. I know these messages probably make perfect sense to you guys, but I'm a newbie. Can you p...

HRM self service employee change history
As changes are made and passed on to either another level of approval or GP, a history or trail of some sort to re-reference should be kept in either BP or GP. at this point there is no looking back. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsof...