Great Plains Requsition Managment Data Extraction for end users

For the role of Requisition Purchaser, there is not way for these users to
view all outstanding req's at any point in time and answer questions such as,
"What is the status of my req?"  Ereq used to provided a vry simple qry that
would display this information, in BP2.5 & RM  there is no option to quickly
and easily see ALL reqs that are out there.   For instance, which approver is
sitting on a req and not moving it along.  Thanks

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=137a49ad-f4f1-4a51-9b5b-0d26e0e5b941&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
bp (15)

Are you saying that a user cannot see a list of outstanding requisitions in
Business Portal and their status? That statement is contrary to what I have
seen and shown people.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"new to BP" wrote:

> For the role of Requisition Purchaser, there is not way for these users to
> view all outstanding req's at any point in time and answer questions such as,
> "What is the status of my req?"  Ereq used to provided a vry simple qry that
> would display this information, in BP2.5 & RM  there is no option to quickly
> and easily see ALL reqs that are out there.   For instance, which approver is
> sitting on a req and not moving it along.  Thanks
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=137a49ad-f4f1-4a51-9b5b-0d26e0e5b941&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
callen (2505)

Great Plains and RMS
I've upgraded our RMS systems to service pack 3. We now have the option of selecting the GP accounting option. It looks like we have to download an add-on for Great Plains.. Is this true ? The one out there only says for import to GP 7.5 We are currently running GP 8.0. Will it work for this version? Do I even need this add-on, now that you can select the GP accounting option? Scot, KB 893330 discusses integration with GP 8.0, but the links are broken for the download. If my memory is correct, there was talk about a 10/01/05 release date. -- * "Scot S" <ScotS@discussio...

Manage group membership
Is it possible to give a couple of users rights to manage group membership in exchange 2003 distribution groups, using outlook? In the "Managed by" I can only put one user. GauiC Go to the Security tab of the DG and add the second person there w/ the "write member" permission which is found under Advanced permissions. "GauiC" <gauic at hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#r9jotEgEHA.3548@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to give a couple of users rights to manage group membership > in exchange 2003 distribution groups, using outlook? > ...

How to detect in the applcation when its process is killed from the task manager using vc++
I am working on a dialog based application in vc++. I have generate a message when I closed the dialog. I handled this in WM_CLOSE of the dialog. If I clsoe the dialog with X btn, it is working fine. When I close it using task manager, its not generating message. I tried with WM_CLOSE, WM_DESTROY,ExitINstace. But the applcation is not detecting. How to detect in the applcation when its process is killed from the task manager using vc++. At that point, the application has been terminated. There's nothing to detect. "srinivas" <jtsrao@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:8710...

Text From User Forms
Hi I am creating a user form where data is entered into text boxes. Once the operator has input data into a text box I want to use a command button on the user form to save the file. One text box will have a request date entered as the value and another will have the name of the requestor as the value. I want the command button to create the filename as these two values. Could someone offer some advice please. Thanks. Matt Matt, Activeworkbook.SaveAs filename: ="C:\your path\" & Textbox1.Text & " " & Textbox2.Text HTH Henry "Matt G" &l...

One (novel) approach in managing bookmarks.
I've found that a rather =93novel approach=94 as one of many (often mundane) ways in managing over 700 links of bookmarks divided into 50 categories. One of several means applied in managing bookmarks is to determine the average number of links per category (by dividing 734 (links) by 50 (categories) to equal and average of (14.68 to be exact)), or rounded- off to 14, and 15 as the average number of bookmarks per category. The specific categories that have 14, and 15 bookmarks are analyzed, and even (more often than not) contain overlooked links, which are found to tie into cu...

Integration Manager sansScript Problem
While attempting to run a script in IM, I get the following error: "Could not locate the Integration Manager sanScript library." I set a global variable in a Before script and attempt to access it in another script that is run off of a field in the Destination Mapping area. However, the error message is generated when the script tries to execute the GetVariable command to retrieve the value. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Hello gthiel, Copy the integration manager chunk file (.cnk) into you Great Plains installation folder again, and launch GP. Kind Regards Eddie Fou...

List users mailbox rules
Does anyone know of a way to view/edit/delete users mailbox rules in Exchange 2003? Hi If you have the appropriate permission, you can open user mailbox by using outlook Also, you can use" FirstClass 7.1 Mailbox Rules" tool http://www.wellesley.edu/Computing/FirstClass/fcmailboxrules.html Regards, Shai Netanel "sarnst@umflint.edu" wrote: > Does anyone know of a way to view/edit/delete users mailbox rules in Exchange > 2003? ...

Comparing data within worksheets
I need to lookup and compare names from 3 worksheets: I need worksheet 1 to search thru worksheet 2 (names(A)) and worksheet 3 (names(A)); if name is located in worksheet 2 update worksheet 1 (subject1(B)) with "yes"; if not update with "no"; if name is located on worksheet 3 update worksheet 1 (subject2(C)) with yes; if not update with "no". Names may not be in order on each worksheet. I appreciate any help. Thanks (A) (B) (C) Worksheet 1: Names Subject 1 Subje...

SBS 2008 server manager errors: unable to add roles/features
I've come across a problem with the Roles section of server manager. I get error details shown below. I don't actually need to add any roles but of course want to fix this immediately. Has anyone seen this error before? What do you suggest? Error: Unexpected error refreshing Server Manager: No signature was present in the subject (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800B0100) For more information, see the event log: Diagnostic, Event Viewer, Applications and Services Logs, Microsoft, Windows, Server Manager, Operational Event viewer gives the following info: Co...

What is this great plains?
The website is down and i want to install CRM but find everywhere links to greatplains. Is the essential, just an add-on......? ...

Collection management Time Zone Setup
It appears that when you install the CM module, you have to manually update the Collection info screen per customer for the time zone. Anyone have an easier way? I would think that seeing as this looks at RM tables, wouldn't it be wonderful to have the system KNOW what time zone the customer is in based on the state. What happens to customers who have several hundred or thousands of customers? Am I missing something? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I...

Users
How can Money 2003 be set up to allow two distinct sets of accounts....ie. MY bank and investments and HER bank and investments???? Thanks.... Dick Create a second file (File > New) - rename the original as His File and the new one as Her File or vice-versa. Setup desktop shortcuts pointing to the relevant files as Money remembers the last file opened if you don't do that. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Margie and Richard" <...

Changing data types
I am trying to use ODBC to query an Excel spreadsheet. The ODBC driver looks at the first 8 rows in each column to determine the datatype. I have mixed numbers and text, but the driver thinks the column is numeric. As a result, text entries are not returned. My solution is to change the format of the cells to Text. This works, but I have to reenter each numeric value in order for Excel to see them as Text. Is there a quick shortcut for reentering text in selected cells? Thank you very much. Rick Quatro Once you have imported the data, check that the format in these cells is not set to Text...

plain text #6
Does some one now if there is an option in Outlook XP to read messages by default in plain text? In Outlook express there is such an option but I can not find it in Microsoft Outlook. Thank you There is an add-in that allows this - http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.html --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Jacob asked: | Does some one now if th...

Eliminating duplicate emails in a users account
I have a user that ended up with a large number of duplicate emails. What is the best way to fix this problem. ...

great
This is a great newsgroup glad I found it. hope to learn a lot here and natrally also to contribute. There are more things in heven and earth tan we know http://spiritualnowbusiness.blogspot.com/ --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20070608110655W6g5FqZ2 ---- Posted via Pronews.com - Premium Corporate Usenet News Provider ---- http://www.pronews.com offers corporate packages that have access to 100,000+ newsgroups ...

how do I add 2.5 hours to a column of data
right now I have one column (C) of data with a custom format of h:mm AM/PM I would like to create a D column of column C plus 2.5 hours how do I format this? ....Lisa Lisa, The formula would be =C2+TIMEVALUE("2:30:00") It will probably automatically apply some inappropriate date-time format. Do Format - Cells - Number tab - Time, and select the time format you want. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- "Lisa Hetherington" <gerry.lisa@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:es7re7$h0f$1...

Averaging data
Hi, I have a really long column which contains numerical entries. What I want to be able to do is to average these values in sets of 8, for example. What I mean is that the average of the first 8 entries needs to be calculated, and the result displayed in the next column. Then the average of the second set of 8 entries needs to calculated and displayed in the same next column. An so on. How could this be done? Any suggestion is greatly appreciated. Thank you, Alex. Try this: Assume the values to be averaged are in column A starting at cell A1. Enter this formula in C1 and copy down as ne...

Great Plains
Hello, I have a report made in Crystal for purchase orders. I want to open this report when I click on print button from "Purchase Order Entry" window. Any help is welcome. Radu. The easiest thing would be to purchase one of the third-party modules that are available. One tool is from Accountable Software called Forms Printer. Another tool is Crystallizer. I cannot remember who makes it, though. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Radu LP" wrote: > Hello, > I have a report made in Crystal for purchase orders. I want to open this > report when I click on print butto...

Migrating Data From ACT to CRM Using DMF?
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has successfully migrated data from an ACT v6 database, to CRM 3? If so, could they supply some steps, or information on how they did it, plus if they ran into any problems! I've had a quick look at the DMF xls spreadsheets, and the wizards, which don't seem to complicated, however its importing the data from ACT to CDF using the Microsoft SQL Server Data Transformation Services (DTS) to populate the CDF that looks a bit complex. I think I read somewhere that you have to write some coding in sql to do this, correct? Also I've read some posts t...

Data manipulation
Hello I have around 16000 values for some 10 different objects. I want to plot every 100 value instead of all the values so as to make the chart more readable. How can I do it ? Thanks M Jon Peltier has instructions for this in his Charting FAQ article: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=209#jon024 Mnuish wrote: > I have around 16000 values for some 10 different objects. > I want to plot every 100 value instead of all the values > so as to make the chart more readable. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/t...

Implemeting Portals in Great Plains?
Hi All, What are the requierments to implement Portals for Great Plains for other branchs to be able to access it online through the internet? Does Microsoft provide a While Papers for Portals Deployements Guide ? Thanks, Habibalby There are a few white papers concerning Business Portal, a Sharepoint-based portal. You may want to log into CustomerSource and review them. "MS GPS" <habibalby@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eM4O6bTxFHA.3856@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > What are the requierments to implement Portals for Great Plains for other > br...

Form will not allow data entry 03-03-08
Hey everyone. I have researched this topic in some other threads, but I still cannot figure out how to solve the problem. I have a query that has 5 tables involved (they are linked sequentially using each table's primary key field). I use a combo box to select a specific name for which I want the query to pull data on. The form that opens up displays the data, but I cannot edit any of the fields that I want to edit. None of the fields I want to edit are locked, and all are set to allow data entry. I have seen some posts about the multiple tables possibly being an issue, but I am pretty su...

XP ends right after start
Hello, while trying to perform a system rollback to a prior date (without an urgent cause), I ecperienced this problem: Since the rollback routine tried to launch Windows again, there is a forced logout immediately after a very short display of the empty desktop. This also occurs in protected mode, even when I try to login as administrator. Maybe the rollback routine throws me out, but it could also be just a coincidence and there is a virus ore something like that on my computer (protected with Kaspersky). Or is it something completely different? Thank you for any help! ...

Cannot receive emails from a particular user
Dear Experts, We've got a weird problem with Exchange server. We are running Windows 2003 SBS. We have our email hosting company somewhere in the states. Exchange uses POP3 connector to fetch emails from the POP3 mailboxes. Say we have two accounts, A and B. Our problem is A doesn't receive any email from B. A can receive emails from anyone, and B can send emails to anyone as well. Sending an email from B to A, I use webmail and found that the email is received by A. However, after Exchange goes fetch it, the email mysteriously disappear. BTW, the problem just happened recent...