Great Plains POP10390 distribution data gets deleted when posting a batch

Hi,

We are using GP version 10.1...Since last week, we started to lose the GL distribution on POP transaction (invoice matching)...it seems that the records of the POP10390 file get 'flushed' randomly...

Today we had an occurence where a posting report got 'stucked' at 50% of progress on the screen of a user...we waited more than 1/2 an hour and the batch never end posting...it did also create a situation where other users could not post either...(just like there was a lock on the file...where the record got flushed....

Any clues...we can't believe that it never happened to other GP customer

Thanks for your help!

Sylvain

SQL Server - Delete Records From All Tables
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/188b19de-6301-4116-ba10-143fbceffe97/sql-server--delete-recor.aspx
0
Sylvain

Hi Sylvain,

I hope you already had this sorted.

If not, Dave Musgrave on his Developing for Dynamics GP blog has just posted
an interesting read on a similar topic, "POP Distributions randomly being
deleted"

http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/default.aspx

You might find something there.

Thanks.

"Sylvain Ouimet" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are using GP version 10.1...Since last week, we started to lose the GL distribution on POP transaction (invoice matching)...it seems that the records of the POP10390 file get 'flushed' randomly...
>
> Today we had an occurence where a posting report got 'stucked' at 50% of progress on the screen of a user...we waited more than 1/2 an hour and the batch never end posting...it did also create a situation where other users could not post either...(just like there was a lock on the file...where the record got flushed....
>
> Any clues...we can't believe that it never happened to other GP customer
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Sylvain

> SQL Server - Delete Records From All Tables
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/188b19de-6301-4116-ba10-143fbceffe97/sql-server--delete-recor.aspx
> .

Great Plains and RMS
I've upgraded our RMS systems to service pack 3. We now have the option of selecting the GP accounting option. It looks like we have to download an add-on for Great Plains.. Is this true ? The one out there only says for import to GP 7.5 We are currently running GP 8.0. Will it work for this version? Do I even need this add-on, now that you can select the GP accounting option? Scot, KB 893330 discusses integration with GP 8.0, but the links are broken for the download. If my memory is correct, there was talk about a 10/01/05 release date. -- * "Scot S" <ScotS@discussio...

Delete Rows from sheet 1 from values in sheet 2
Hi, Sheet 2 has the values A B 1 CAR BUS 2 3 Sheet 1 Has A B 1 BUS 2 TRAIN 3 CAR 4 BIKE 5 BUS I want to programatically select as a range CAR BUS (sheet 2) and delete other entire rows in sheet 2 i.e A B 1 BUS 2 CAR 3 BUS Thanks for all future help -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-programming/200911/1 dim source as range dim basedata as string set source =...

Exchange 2003 Distribution List
We currently have two office's in different countries. In country 'A' we have a SBS 2003 server with exchange. In country 'B' we have a Windows 2000 Server. The countries are linked via VPN but are on different subnets. All users have email address like jdoe@mycompany.com In country 'A' i want to setup a distribution list for the users in country 'B'. So what i did was setup the group, added contacts into Active Directory specifying SMTP and each users email address. However when i try and send an email to the Distribution Group it does not go through...

source data needs to be updated weekly
I have a spreadsheet tracking documents through their approval cycle. I need to produce a chart weekly, always showing the most recent 3 weeks of data. So, the chart needs to drop off the oldest week, and add the newest week's values, showing the totals in each stage of review, comparing the current week and the past 2 weeks. Here's a sample of my spreadsheet: A B C D E F 1 Week of Author Review 1 Review 2 Review 3 Approved 2 5/28/2009 24 130 25 8 194 3 6/4/2009 20 134 26 1 200 4 6/11/2009...

What is this great plains?
The website is down and i want to install CRM but find everywhere links to greatplains. Is the essential, just an add-on......? ...

can you create a chart in excel with alphanumeric data?
any ideas please? we have data as follows: y1 y2 y3 y4 name1 1 2a 3 4b name2 2a 2 1d 3a which needs to go in a chart but the alphanumerics (4b etc) keep being left out...) help! Do the Alpha numerics equal a value? or are they a lable of a point? If they equal a value, then charting can be done. Is they are a lable, can they be represented by a value, if not you may have to make a drawing rather than a chart. Charts plot values. "Pugwyrm" wrote: > any ideas please? we have data as follows: > > y1 y2 y3 y4 > name1 1 2...

Distributing MDE Front-End / Access 2007
Hello, I've been a user of these forums for a long time, and it is by far the #1 Access resource on the web. I would like to ask a question about dealing with some conversion and distribution issues. Basically, I designed a complete database in Access 2007 (.accdb), and then converted it (using Save As) to an Access 2003 version (.mdb). Next I opened up this .mdb file, and used the options available in the Ribbon to split the database into a Front-end and Back-end. I then converted the Front-end database (.mdb) into a .mde file for distribution across our company's WAN...

I get a #VALUE! msg.
Hello, I'm adding two columns, first- A7:A125 with the formula in A126 second- E7:E125 with the formula in E126 Then I divided the results for a percentage in a cell at the top E3. First question: Can I do this: =SUM(E7:E125)/(A7:A125) I mean obviously I can't because I get this error/if I can it will save me a bit of work... am I missing something? Second question: cell A126 has a total that I want to use in every calc as I copy it from E3 to F4 etc.... Regards, Kevin try =SUM(E7:E125)/sum(A7:A125) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Kevin&qu...

plain text #6
Does some one now if there is an option in Outlook XP to read messages by default in plain text? In Outlook express there is such an option but I can not find it in Microsoft Outlook. Thank you There is an add-in that allows this - http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.html --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Jacob asked: | Does some one now if th...

Changing data types
I am trying to use ODBC to query an Excel spreadsheet. The ODBC driver looks at the first 8 rows in each column to determine the datatype. I have mixed numbers and text, but the driver thinks the column is numeric. As a result, text entries are not returned. My solution is to change the format of the cells to Text. This works, but I have to reenter each numeric value in order for Excel to see them as Text. Is there a quick shortcut for reentering text in selected cells? Thank you very much. Rick Quatro Once you have imported the data, check that the format in these cells is not set to Text...

Can I get Outlook 2007?
I have Office 2007, but Outlook Express. Am I able to get Outlook since I have Office 2007? If so, how can I get it installed? Depends which version of Office 2007, H&S doesnt feature Outlook Do you have any other Office version installed? "Marla" <Marla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A08412FA-D8F9-4D2C-8F93-175D2B4CF30F@microsoft.com... >I have Office 2007, but Outlook Express. Am I able to get Outlook since I > have Office 2007? If so, how can I get it installed? How can I tell? Where do I look? The menu items show Word, Pow...

I cannot delete old e-mails or find "inbox repair" to fix it.
I get an error message relating to errors in outlook.pst and to use the inborx repair and run the scanpst.exe . This does not work because i cannot find the repair box by doing a search, and the scanpst.exe doe not even work in the run box. This microsoft solution is crap. I need help bad because I now have 75 e-mails I need to delete and the number is growing daily. HELP! Stating scanpst.exe doesn't work doesn't tell anybody anything, unless you state the errors it produced The data file, by default outlook.pst, is a hidden file, you have to search to include hidden, if thats ...

how do I add 2.5 hours to a column of data
right now I have one column (C) of data with a custom format of h:mm AM/PM I would like to create a D column of column C plus 2.5 hours how do I format this? ....Lisa Lisa, The formula would be =C2+TIMEVALUE("2:30:00") It will probably automatically apply some inappropriate date-time format. Do Format - Cells - Number tab - Time, and select the time format you want. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- "Lisa Hetherington" <gerry.lisa@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:es7re7$h0f$1...

great
This is a great newsgroup glad I found it. hope to learn a lot here and natrally also to contribute. There are more things in heven and earth tan we know http://spiritualnowbusiness.blogspot.com/ --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20070608110655W6g5FqZ2 ---- Posted via Pronews.com - Premium Corporate Usenet News Provider ---- http://www.pronews.com offers corporate packages that have access to 100,000+ newsgroups ...

Averaging data
Hi, I have a really long column which contains numerical entries. What I want to be able to do is to average these values in sets of 8, for example. What I mean is that the average of the first 8 entries needs to be calculated, and the result displayed in the next column. Then the average of the second set of 8 entries needs to calculated and displayed in the same next column. An so on. How could this be done? Any suggestion is greatly appreciated. Thank you, Alex. Try this: Assume the values to be averaged are in column A starting at cell A1. Enter this formula in C1 and copy down as ne...

Data manipulation
Hello I have around 16000 values for some 10 different objects. I want to plot every 100 value instead of all the values so as to make the chart more readable. How can I do it ? Thanks M Jon Peltier has instructions for this in his Charting FAQ article: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=209#jon024 Mnuish wrote: > I have around 16000 values for some 10 different objects. > I want to plot every 100 value instead of all the values > so as to make the chart more readable. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/t...

get email both in email and in outlook
Hello All, I have just setup my gmail account into outlook and its importing all the emails from gmail to outlook.... Is there a way where "when I get an email I get both in outlook as well as in the gmail account?". I am asking this because, if my outlook gets damaged I will lose all my emails resulting in a huge loss, I may save the emails regularly as a .pst file, but I donno how to get these .pst file saved emails back to gmail again. It would be great if someone here tells me how we setup this account in such a way that when I recieve my email I get it saved both in outlook a...

Great Plains
Hello, I have a report made in Crystal for purchase orders. I want to open this report when I click on print button from "Purchase Order Entry" window. Any help is welcome. Radu. The easiest thing would be to purchase one of the third-party modules that are available. One tool is from Accountable Software called Forms Printer. Another tool is Crystallizer. I cannot remember who makes it, though. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Radu LP" wrote: > Hello, > I have a report made in Crystal for purchase orders. I want to open this > report when I click on print butto...

Migrating Data From ACT to CRM Using DMF?
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has successfully migrated data from an ACT v6 database, to CRM 3? If so, could they supply some steps, or information on how they did it, plus if they ran into any problems! I've had a quick look at the DMF xls spreadsheets, and the wizards, which don't seem to complicated, however its importing the data from ACT to CDF using the Microsoft SQL Server Data Transformation Services (DTS) to populate the CDF that looks a bit complex. I think I read somewhere that you have to write some coding in sql to do this, correct? Also I've read some posts t...

cant get updates
my automatically updates is set for 6pm daily yet every day it comes up and says "windows cannot check for updates" "tickedoff" <tickedoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10EC7345-15CC-4686-B61B-4E4F8015A80D@microsoft.com... > my automatically updates is set for 6pm daily yet every day it comes up > and > says > "windows cannot check for updates" Suggestions: How do I reset the Windows Update settings? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058 Register Windows Update engine files http://support.microsoft.com...

Add 5 to data in text box!
What would I need for [On Click] in my Control Button that would add 5 to [tbAdditionChargeAmount] each time I clicked it? Thanks for any Help...........Bob Private Sub MyCommandButton_Click() Me!tbAdditionChargeAmount = Me!tbAdditionChargeAmount + 5 End Sub If that doesn't work, try: Private Sub MyCommandButton_Click() Me!tbAdditionChargeAmount = _ Val(Me!tbAdditionChargeAmount) + 5 End Sub -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:OJaareyxHHA.4916@T...

Send as Distribution List
We are using Windows 2003 w/ Active Directory and Exchange 2003 w/ Outlook clients. How do I give someone rights to Send On Behalf of a Distribution List? When the e-mail goes out, I want it to look as if it came from the DL. There's no such visible property. I go to the security tab and the best property I could see was the Send As property. I gave the person that permission, but they still can't send on behalf of the DL. Thanks, Sylvan Jonas In news:eUQTOekfFHA.3316@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl, Jonas, Sylvan R. <sjonas@brouse.com> typed: > We are using Windows 2003...

HowTo add row to series data
1) insert row with ShiftDown 2) apply new data to the newly emptied cells 3) preserve original chart series range 1) after this code row 2 is empty cells Excel.Worksheet chart = (Excel.Worksheet)book.Worksheets["Chart Data"]; Excel.Range rngToday = chart.get_Range("A2", "D2"); rngToday.Insert(Excel.XlInsertShiftDirection.xlShiftDown); 2) this puts todays date into A2 rngToday.NumberFormat = "MM/dd"; rngToday.Value = DateTime.Today; 3) OOPS - the chart data is now A3..A7 because of the insert above How do I reset the souce data to A...

Pivot Table: How can I organize data items in a row?
Hi, I am trying to build a pivot table which has categories only in row fields but not in column fields. Instead, the data items should be organized in columns instead of rows. For example, this is what I have now with two data items (habitants and location): inhabitants Country location --------------------------- USA 240 America Britain 60 Europe Japan 120 Asia But I want this: Country inhabitants location ------------------------------------- USA 240 America Britain 60 Europe Japan 120...

My question gets deleted
Why is my question gets deleted ? I posted twice and it got deleted twice.... I'm getting mad... who has the authority to delete posts in this group ? Julien, Your posts are there. Are you sure your newsgroup reader is not set to hide postes that have already been viewed? Marc "Julien Bonnier" <julien@m0851.com> wrote in message news:OdGmzENGJHA.1272@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Why is my question gets deleted ? > > > I posted twice and it got deleted twice.... I'm getting mad... who has the > authority to delete posts in this group ? > ...