Great Plains Companies should allow window color settings

It would be helpful if Great Plains would allow different window color
schemes for each Company.  This would be especially beneficial to identify
when you are in a Test company.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=e714f50d-0631-4a29-87f6-d452b41ac41e&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Dwayne (40)

Hi,

I agree with this post.  I would even go further and suggest individual
splash screens per company and the ability to customise the desktop with a
watermark etcetera......

My $0.02.

R.

"Dwayne" wrote:

> It would be helpful if Great Plains would allow different window color
> schemes for each Company.  This would be especially beneficial to identify
> when you are in a Test company.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=e714f50d-0631-4a29-87f6-d452b41ac41e&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Rockfield (54)
6/21/2007 8:49:03 PM
The individual splash screens likely won't help you much once you go to
version 10. Apparently, all of the windows inside of GP will be
free-floating much like Outlook where the message window is not
contained within the Outlook interface window. In technical terms, the
multi-document interface is out.

--
Lyle U

Rockfield wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I agree with this post.  I would even go further and suggest
> individual splash screens per company and the ability to customise
> the desktop with a watermark etcetera......
>
> My $0.02.
>
> R.
>
> "Dwayne" wrote:
>
> > It would be helpful if Great Plains would allow different window
> > color schemes for each Company.  This would be especially
> > beneficial to identify when you are in a Test company.
> >
> > ----------------
> > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to
> > the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion,
> > click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see
> > the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the
> > Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the
> > message pane.
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbr
> > owser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=e714f50d-0631-4a29-87f6-d452b41ac41e&dg
> > =microsoft.public.greatplains
0
lyleu (305)
6/21/2007 9:38:08 PM
I have a VBA customisation that changes the window background for each
company.  I have written the code for v8, v9 and v10.

If you are interested in a copy of this sample, please get your partner to
contact me on the address below (remove the online. first).

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer - Great Plains

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

and confers no rights.

"Dwayne" wrote:

> It would be helpful if Great Plains would allow different window color
> schemes for each Company.  This would be especially beneficial to identify
> when you are in a Test company.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=e714f50d-0631-4a29-87f6-d452b41ac41e&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)
6/22/2007 12:03:00 AM
In addition to David's incredible VBA modification, there is a third
party product available that is a Dex mod where you can change the
colors.  I saw them at Convergence.  Of course I can't remember the
name of the company, but the modification does exist.

On Jun 21, 6:00 pm, Dwayne <Dwa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> It would be helpful if Great Plains would allow different window color
> schemes for each Company.  This would be especially beneficial to identify
> when you are in a Test company.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbro...

0
leslievail1 (120)

Internet Setup Window
I have discovered a window in GP called Internet Setup(SY_Internet_Setup) which has 3 fields, Internet Browser, Internet Address, and Name. The fields get saved back to the SY_Users_MSTR table. I am wondering how to navigate through GP to get this window to open. I can add it as a shortcut but don't want to do this if I don't have to. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. ...

Great Plains and RMS
I've upgraded our RMS systems to service pack 3. We now have the option of selecting the GP accounting option. It looks like we have to download an add-on for Great Plains.. Is this true ? The one out there only says for import to GP 7.5 We are currently running GP 8.0. Will it work for this version? Do I even need this add-on, now that you can select the GP accounting option? Scot, KB 893330 discusses integration with GP 8.0, but the links are broken for the download. If my memory is correct, there was talk about a 10/01/05 release date. -- * "Scot S" <ScotS@discussio...

I don't see the Pivot table field list window
Hi, I am trying to generate a chart from an excell file which contains my data. After selecting all rows and columns, I go to Data > Pivot table and pivot chart report. Wizard show that I ahve selected the Excell list and Pivot table. But when I click Finish button, it does not show the Pivot table field list window. How can I view this window to drag data for the rows and columns in order to get the report/chart. This works on my wife's computer but does not work on my computer at my work. Thanks, Zafar Hi Zafar, Most likely it has been turned off. Display the Pivot Table to...

Possible to have secure connection with Windows Live server?
Is it possible to have a secure connection with the Windows Live server when syncing email? I see that the URL for the server is: "http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/sync.aspx". Since this is a standard http address doesn't that mean that the message content can potentially be viewed/intercepted? I also see when using the Live website that after the original login with SSL the page is no longer secure when reading mail. Isn't this also insecure? Thanks. One of the new features being touted for the next version of Hotmail is "Full Session S...

Taskbar sometimes goes away in IE8 & WIndows 7
Sometimes the taskbar for Internet Explorer 8 with Windows 7 completely goes away. I have to close it and reopen it to get it back The taskbar is a feature of Windows, not Internet Explorer. IE doesn't have a taskbar. Do you mean the icon for Internet Explorer that appears in the Windows 7 taskbar? Or could you be referring to the status bar that runs along the bottom of Internet Explorer? --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est eiching1 wrote: > Sometimes the taskbar for Internet Explorer 8 with Windows 7 completely goes > away. I have to close it and reopen it ...

"Path/File access error" in Windows 7
Hello, I have moved my vb project files to c:\New Folder in Windows 7. Now, when I start IDE, do some changes then Windows 7 does not allow me to save them. What is wrong with c:\New Folder location? I appreciate your help, Claire On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 17:32:50 -0500, "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote: >Hello, > I have moved my vb project files to c:\New Folder in Windows 7. >Now, when I start IDE, do some changes then Windows 7 does not allow me to >save them. >What is wrong with c:\New Folder location? > >I appreci...

How to enlarge tooltip window
Hi, For some reasons I need to use tooltips by this way: *.H CToolTipCtrl tooltip; *.CPP tooltip.Create(this, TTS_ALWAYSTIP); tooltip.AddTool(GetDlgItem(IDC_SOME_CONTROL), IDS_STRING102); tooltip.Activate(TRUE); destructor: if (IsWindow(tooltip.GetSafeHwnd())) { tooltip.DestroyWindow(); } I have problem: I cannot to find way to enlarge tooltip window. In only accepts 80 characters and rest of my text in string table item is cut. I had tried GetToolInfo() nextly SetToolInfo() with adjusted rect parameter, SetMaxTipWidth(), SetMargin()... no success. Does exist way to enlarge...

Compatibility of Works with Office on Windows 7
WORKS WAS WORKING FINE AND WE LOADED OFFICE 2007 AND SOME PORTIONS OF WORKS STOPPED WORKING. WORD CONTINUES TO WORK ON WORKS...IS THEIR INCOMPATIBILITY? THANKS, CLAIRE ANN Any incompatibility is with your caps lock which appears to be stuck. - posting in all caps makes for hard reading & is considered shouting. It seems strange that you would want to keep whatever version of Works after installing Office. "CLAIRE ANN" <CLAIRE ANN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD6E2AD1-2741-439A-B8E2-37EECA306F42@microsoft.com... > WORKS WAS WORKING F...

Pivot Table Refresh Changes Color Scheme for Some Cells
Office 2007 XP SP3 I want to display a Pivot Table output in a certain (blue) format. When I refresh a Pivot Table, the color scheme on some cells changes, in my case from blue to orange. Any ideas? Your help is greatly appreciated. 8^> ...

What is this great plains?
The website is down and i want to install CRM but find everywhere links to greatplains. Is the essential, just an add-on......? ...

Changing background color of a CFileDialog
Hi, I am using MS VC 6.0 and Vista. In my MFC dialog-based application, I want to change the colors of a CFileDialog object. I derive my own class and override its OnCtlColor() function, exactly as explained in: http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B115087&x=9&y=12 (They say the topic applies to Microsoft Foundation Class Library 4.2, and up to Microsoft Visual C++ 4.0 Standard Edition - don't know if it matters though) My code is the code provided in the above link. The problem is : OnCtlColor() never gets called. Has anyone been able to customize the colors of a CFil...

plain text #6
Does some one now if there is an option in Outlook XP to read messages by default in plain text? In Outlook express there is such an option but I can not find it in Microsoft Outlook. Thank you There is an add-in that allows this - http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.html --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Jacob asked: | Does some one now if th...

great
This is a great newsgroup glad I found it. hope to learn a lot here and natrally also to contribute. There are more things in heven and earth tan we know http://spiritualnowbusiness.blogspot.com/ --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20070608110655W6g5FqZ2 ---- Posted via Pronews.com - Premium Corporate Usenet News Provider ---- http://www.pronews.com offers corporate packages that have access to 100,000+ newsgroups ...

Outlook Changes IE Text Size Setting
I just installed Outlook 2003. Now whenever I use Outlook it changes the text size setting in Internet Explorer to medium. So, I keep having to manually change the setting back to larger where I like it. Is there a way to stop this? Thanks ...

Great Plains
Hello, I have a report made in Crystal for purchase orders. I want to open this report when I click on print button from "Purchase Order Entry" window. Any help is welcome. Radu. The easiest thing would be to purchase one of the third-party modules that are available. One tool is from Accountable Software called Forms Printer. Another tool is Crystallizer. I cannot remember who makes it, though. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Radu LP" wrote: > Hello, > I have a report made in Crystal for purchase orders. I want to open this > report when I click on print butto...

allowing for repeating bank entries
Many customers have the same electronic payments coming out of their accounts every month. It would be very helpful if they could create either recurring batches or repeating transactions so they didn't have to do this same data entry every month. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I...

Joining windows server 2003 to windows 2008 domain
Good morning. I'm having a problem joining a windows 2003 member server to a 2008 domain. The forest level and domain level are 2008, DNS is installed on 2 root dc's, but wins isn't installed. When i try to join the 2003 server to the domain using the FQDN global.ifsmifa.com, I'm prompted for the password, but then recieve the network path was not found. The dns servers are configured correctly and if I nslookup global, the name server is returned correctly and the 2 domain controller ips. I've had no problem joining other 2008 servers to the domain. Also if...

How to set up/print a newsletter with some color pages, some b/w p
I print an 8 page newsletter through Publisher that is printed into a booklet - 2 sheets of 11X17 paper printed on both sides stapled in center and folded into an 8 1/2X11 booklet for mailing. I would like to "print" 1 or 2 of those pages in color and the rest in black and white to save color copy money and yet get some color in there without having to print a page totally from another document and manually insert it into the newsletter. Our copier is a Ricoh Afficio 2232C. Thank you so much. You could convert the black and white pages to gray scale. There is an option on ...

VBA
Hi How can I get hold of the Window object, given a Worksheet object? I have a worksheet and want to set the DisplayGridlines property. Thanks Ben Hi Ben! First let's get the gridlines code. Try recording: Tools > Options > View Tab Place or remove check in Gridlines OK Here's what I got: Sub Macro1() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro recorded 19-02-2004 by Norman Harker ' ' ActiveWindow.DisplayGridlines = False End Sub So you can use: Sub Test() Application.Worksheets("Sheet2").Select ActiveWindow.DisplayGridlines = False End Sub -- Regards...

how do I set up a moving average in Excel #2
I am trying to set up a 7 day moving average and cannot figure out how to set it up? Any help would be great. Assume you have numbers to average in row 1, beginning at column 1 and going across the sheet. At G2, enter this formula: =AVERAGE(A1:G1) and simply extend the formula to the right, it will automatically give the average of the value above it and in the 6 cells to the right of that cell, sliding as it goes. Hope this helps. "p-nut" wrote: > I am trying to set up a 7 day moving average and cannot figure out how to set > it up? Any help would be great. ...

Implemeting Portals in Great Plains?
Hi All, What are the requierments to implement Portals for Great Plains for other branchs to be able to access it online through the internet? Does Microsoft provide a While Papers for Portals Deployements Guide ? Thanks, Habibalby There are a few white papers concerning Business Portal, a Sharepoint-based portal. You may want to log into CustomerSource and review them. "MS GPS" <habibalby@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eM4O6bTxFHA.3856@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > What are the requierments to implement Portals for Great Plains for other > br...

Form will not allow data entry 03-03-08
Hey everyone. I have researched this topic in some other threads, but I still cannot figure out how to solve the problem. I have a query that has 5 tables involved (they are linked sequentially using each table's primary key field). I use a combo box to select a specific name for which I want the query to pull data on. The form that opens up displays the data, but I cannot edit any of the fields that I want to edit. None of the fields I want to edit are locked, and all are set to allow data entry. I have seen some posts about the multiple tables possibly being an issue, but I am pretty su...

MS Great Plains
We have Great Plains (PersonnelOracle Version 2002.03.15 3.0.6. and PowerTool 2002.03.19. 3.1.1.) installed. Previously we have used Office 2000 and the Word merge was working perfectly. Upgrading to 2002 or 2003 the Word merge stopped working, I suppose we need new templates for Word 2003 (.dot files). Who shall we contact with? Any suggestion would be appreciated! Where do Oracle and PowerTool come into the equation? Are you trying to use Word with Microsoft Great Plains? How were you doing it with Word 2000? "Zoltan Bacs" <Zoltan Bacs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Faxing via desktop from Great Plains (customer invoices,etc.)
We have the need to fax from our desktops. We are on Great Plains 8.0. Examples are customer invoices. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=3238cba3-0f91-47c1-...

Setting Up Windows Mail 01-05-10
I am having trouble setting up windows mail. This is the message I get "The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Hello', Account: 'Work', Server: 'pop3', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E" I don't know what to enter when I go into accounts & properties. I have Time Warner Cable internet and I am working off of a laptop. "NormaH" <NormaH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B119C5BC-0455-4A2B-8346-FD86236D0F9C@microsoft.com... >I am having ...