Great Plains and SQL Reporting Services

I'm currently using FRx to generate some basic reports off of our Great
Plains database (which is a SQL Database), but I'm also using SQL Reporting
Services for some other reports systems within our company. I'm wondering if
there might be some product that uses SQL Reporting Services as a reporting
mechanism to Great Plains (like, but instead of FRx)? Anybody know of
anything or have any other ideas along this line?

Thanks,
Chris

Hello there,
I've joined a company that uses GP and SQL Reporting Services.
I've never used GP Before.  Why cant I see my expenses in the
GL as soon as they are entered?

Anderson

                           www.carsnowrentals.com
                  Great Cars, Best Prices, Free Gifts

"Christopher D. Wiederspan" <wiederspan@reachdigital.com> wrote in message
> I'm currently using FRx to generate some basic reports off of our Great
> Plains database (which is a SQL Database), but I'm also using SQL
Reporting
> Services for some other reports systems within our company. I'm wondering
if
> there might be some product that uses SQL Reporting Services as a
reporting
> mechanism to Great Plains (like, but instead of FRx)? Anybody know of
> anything or have any other ideas along this line?
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

You can see expenses in the GL as soon as they are entered: it depends
where you look.

If you are running the standard Great Plains reports, you will not seem
them reflected because the reports only display posted data.

However, SmartList will show posted and unposted data, as does FRx.
Additionally, you can always use Crystal or SQL Reporting Services to
create reports to display data from GL10000, GL10001, GL20000, and
GL30000. I would create a view on all four tables and build a report on
the view.

Khris Anber wrote:
> Hello there,
> I've joined a company that uses GP and SQL Reporting Services.
> I've never used GP Before.  Why cant I see my expenses in the
> GL as soon as they are entered?
>

> Anderson
>
>                            www.carsnowrentals.com
>                   Great Cars, Best Prices, Free Gifts
>

> "Christopher D. Wiederspan" <wiederspan@reachdigital.com> wrote in message
>
>>I'm currently using FRx to generate some basic reports off of our Great
>>Plains database (which is a SQL Database), but I'm also using SQL
>
> Reporting
>
>>Services for some other reports systems within our company. I'm wondering
>
> if
>
>>there might be some product that uses SQL Reporting Services as a
>
> reporting
>
>>mechanism to Great Plains (like, but instead of FRx)? Anybody know of
>>anything or have any other ideas along this line?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Chris

Info on Report
I have a report that is based on Table A. It's working great. However, I need to place information from Table B in the header of the report. Table B only contains one row with name, address, phone number, etc as the columns. I setup a listbox for each column to retrieve with the required SQL as the Row Source. It works great but it puts a border around each listbox when it prints. I've tried changing the border to transparent and it does nothing. Is there an easy way to remove the borders around the listbox, or another way to get the info on the report header? T...

Great Plains and RMS
I've upgraded our RMS systems to service pack 3. We now have the option of selecting the GP accounting option. It looks like we have to download an add-on for Great Plains.. Is this true ? The one out there only says for import to GP 7.5 We are currently running GP 8.0. Will it work for this version? Do I even need this add-on, now that you can select the GP accounting option? Scot, KB 893330 discusses integration with GP 8.0, but the links are broken for the download. If my memory is correct, there was talk about a 10/01/05 release date. -- * "Scot S" <ScotS@discussio...

Tender reports
Hi all. just wondering if theres a way to report on the tender types from HQ? Specifically a date range lookup and totals of all tender types. We're pretty new to this, obviously. We would really like to have a bunch more reporting available to us, but our Partner isn't much help. They couldn't tell me how to report on the EDC batches, I figured that one out myself. Is there any better documentation of integration with Crystal Reports? I downloaded the trail version of Crystal and am having a hard time figuring out which tables/fields i need to add. ...

Problem with a form, a listbox, an sql query and a subroutine
Hello, I’m having an interesting problem with a form and hope I can adequately explain it. Here goes. I have 5 objects 1. Form1 2. Listbox1 (in Form1) 3. Some sql code that is in Listbox1 4. Table1 5. MySub1 Form1 is the main form that does some tasks I need to accomplish Form1 contains Listbox1. Listbox1 gets data from Table1 using an SQL query that links to Table1 Every time Form1 loads, the Form Load subroutine runs and that sub runs MySub1 which is located in a module, and is supposed to update Table1. the update is accomplished by deleting all the data in Table 1 and then re...

Report Chart Preview is Perfect but not the Chart Results
I have a Query that only pulls in two fields of a table, one hidden and one visible. The visible one is a date range that starts 1/1/2010 and ends 5/8/2010. The hidden field is the query qualifier that makes certain that line items which are marked as "confirmed sent" are shown. When I use the chart wizard I only pull in the date range as it is the only one available and I choose the default column layout presented by the wizard. When I use the "preview option" it looks perfect but when I I select finish it give me that darn North, East, West with 1st, sec...

SFO causes High CPU utilization on SQL server
This recently started happening, and I am not sure why. I loaded SFO on two new laptops and attempted to go offline with each. The SQL Server is also the same server running CRM 1.2. When the synch starts on the client the SQL/CRM server instantly spikes to 100% and stays that way as the SFO client never finishes the synch process. Any ideas on a setting that might need to be changed or a patch, etc? Regards, Sean have you applied the outlook sfo client performance update which is available on support.microsoft.com/downloads? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq...

SQL Case Select
Hope you can help, I thought this would work but doesn't, SELECT getdata= case(@who) When 'me' then (select col1, col2, col3) When 'him' then (select col4, col5, col6) When 'them' then (select col1, col3, col5) else '' end From dbo.mytbl Where ID= @ID End Thanks for any help! CASE expressions return a scalar value with singe data type. If your columns are compatible data type then you can write the query as follows: SELECT CASE @who WHEN 'me' THEN col1 WHEN 'him' THEN col4 ...

What is this great plains?
The website is down and i want to install CRM but find everywhere links to greatplains. Is the essential, just an add-on......? ...

Error when loading the CRM Reports overview
hi, Somthing strange happened; I was creating reports (with subreports) in Visual studio 2005 and uploaded them to CRM with the new report wizard. Everything was working fine, I could use the prefiltering, call subreports , you name it. After that, I had a lot of subreports that I wanted to categorize in a diferent group so the users don't see this immediatly. I created a new report category via the system settings. First strange thing was that when I saved this new category en reopened the system settings dialog, I got an error which was resolved by performing an IIS reset. After...

plain text #6
Does some one now if there is an option in Outlook XP to read messages by default in plain text? In Outlook express there is such an option but I can not find it in Microsoft Outlook. Thank you There is an add-in that allows this - http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.html --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Jacob asked: | Does some one now if th...

Multiple Group in Reporting Svs
Hi, I would like to design my Report in Matrix format where I have "rows" set to Student RollNo ... and "columns" group is set to Student Subjects ( these subjects are fetched from a table .... it could be 3 or 4 per student). Now, I also need to have another group to be attached to the existing "coulumns" which will display Student Progress (again... the Progress fields are getting fetched from a table .. there are 3 fields) So, over all my Report should be something like this : -------------------------------------------------------------------...

great
This is a great newsgroup glad I found it. hope to learn a lot here and natrally also to contribute. There are more things in heven and earth tan we know http://spiritualnowbusiness.blogspot.com/ --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20070608110655W6g5FqZ2 ---- Posted via Pronews.com - Premium Corporate Usenet News Provider ---- http://www.pronews.com offers corporate packages that have access to 100,000+ newsgroups ...

IE8
In IE8, if you view a SQL 2005 SP3 report server report through a Page Viewer web part in SharePoint WSS 3.0, the rendered tables have the right hand borders missing. It only occurs when there is a left/right border-collapse in the table, which suggests a problem with the table width. If you zoom, export or print the report, the borders show. Testing on IE7 reveals borders showing OK for same markup (I compared them). Is this an IE8 bug? No, <joke>its the loose keyboard nut</joke> Press the Compatibility button in IE8 to switch to the IE7 rendering mode. (...

Custom reports/queries across multiple companies in Business Porta
Is there any way to create a custom query or report that can be run inside Business Portal and which pulls figures from multiple Great Plains companies. Thank you. A View can be constructed in one database that pulls data from other databases. This view can then be used as the source for reports in tools like Crystal etc -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "KT" wrote: > Is there any way to create a custom query or report th...

SQL Server 2005 SP2
Has anyone installed SP2 for Microsoft SQL 2005 Server yet? Any issues? Not that I don't want to be the first to try it but ......... Of course if it was like the old days, pre RMS 2.0, I could test it out on a backup PC. Marc no problems that we have noticed "Marc" <marc_no_spam@beverlyspet.com> wrote in message news:%23eM26%23xIJHA.1156@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Has anyone installed SP2 for Microsoft SQL 2005 Server yet? Any issues? > > Not that I don't want to be the first to try it but ......... > Of course if it was like the old days, pre RMS ...

Reparenting Contacts in Service Requests/Activities
It makes the most sense in our business to raise Service Requests and subsequent Activities under the client, not the company. This creates a problem if the individual moves companies or divisions or locations or whatever. If your reparent the contact to another parent company, all of the associated information is now part of the new company. Does anyone have any thought sor solutions on this? One idea may be to not allow any reparenting and force the end user to deactivate the user, then you can renter the user in the new company? How else are people dealing with this issue? In th...

On Order field in report
Hello, Can someone send me the query that would allow me to view an item's ON ORDER qty in a report? I can seem to manipulate every other field accept for the ON ORDER field for some reason. Thx, Peter Hi Peter - "on order" is not a column on the item table, or any table - there is a view I believe called viewonorder that calculates open PO qties by item. Your report will need to join the item table to the view - in store operations the join would be item.id = viewonorder.itemid. I believe there is a custom report you can download from customersource th...

SQL Query in VBS
I am trying to convert some VB.net code to VBS. I am simply trying to query an SQL Database to return an integer value and assign it to a variable in my script. the code works perfectly in VB.net. The problem I am having in VBS appears to be returning the value of the data field. the connection works fine. my test for BOF and EOF does not fail and the logic makes it to my assignment statement. I do not recieve any errors, but it seems whatever I try, the expected data is not assigned and is always null. The SQL query when run by itself through Enterprise Manager, returns...

Great Plains
Hello, I have a report made in Crystal for purchase orders. I want to open this report when I click on print button from "Purchase Order Entry" window. Any help is welcome. Radu. The easiest thing would be to purchase one of the third-party modules that are available. One tool is from Accountable Software called Forms Printer. Another tool is Crystallizer. I cannot remember who makes it, though. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Radu LP" wrote: > Hello, > I have a report made in Crystal for purchase orders. I want to open this > report when I click on print butto...

Combo box that prints report
Hi I am using Windows XP and Access 2000. The database is for shceduling courses. I have 2 tables. TRAINW and Courses. A form called ChooseCourse, and a report called PrintWaitingList. The form needs a Combo Box where users can select a course from the Courses table, then click on a 'Print' button that prints off the PrintWaitingList report. The PrintWaitingList report needs to have the Course name field and other fields like the name of the person which should come from the TRAINW table. Any help with this would be most appreciated. Thank you in advance. ...

Print Report without openning it / Fast printing
Hello - Access 2003, Vista I have a printing function that runs over a series of items that each item is a report for itself. The printing function open a report filtered by the item index, print it, close it, and move to the next item in the list, and so on... this process is ok if a have a few items in the list, when it comes to over 100 items, it means that the process is preformed 100 time, and takes a lot to complete it. The big problem is that the computer is on-hold until the process finish. does anybody has an idea how can i print the list of items and avoid from the d...

Service Calendar Error #2
All, Everything is working fine in CRM except Service Calendar get an error: "Server was unable to process request." So, anybody knows what's going on? and let me know and I'd appreciate it. Thanks Never mind. I got it. "Toi Day" wrote: > All, > Everything is working fine in CRM except Service Calendar get an error: > "Server was unable to process request." > So, anybody knows what's going on? and let me know and I'd appreciate it. > > Thanks It would by nice if you share youre solution with us. Thanks "Toi Day"...

SQL statement/joining tables when unequal
I'd like to join two tables, but I don't have the option to display only those entires that are not in the second table. I've been trying without any success to write an SQL statement to produce only those entries that are in one table and not the other. I've tried just modifying an inner join to be "not equal" instead of "equal": SELECT FROM [Media Outlet] INNER JOIN [Local Media Outlets] ON [Media Outlet].[Media Outlet] <> [Local Media Outlets].[Local Media Outlets]; And I get this error message: The SELECT statement includes a reserved word...

Posting Setup
My company currently has a report generated for posting transactions and the reports are stored on a server My company is moving all users to a new server and I need to change the path that is setup for the differnet postings. Can anyone tell me if the path that is entered under Tools > Setup > Posting > Posting is stored in either SQL or a config file? Tony, I believe that is stored in SY02200 in the company database. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP "Tony Horber" <ahorber@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1158260375.825814.304070@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com...

Corrupt Reports Dictionary
After an upgrade to GP 10 SP3 from GP 9 no service pack when I would run the GL TB report I would get an error indicating the reports dictionary was corrupt. First I tried exporting the reports into one package file and then reimport them all. After this there error remained. I then tried exporting the reports out individually and importing them individually and running the report that had the problem. Well after importing all 66 reports the error was not there. So my question is what would be the difference between importing all the reports at once versus one at a time that would have ...