Great Plains 7.5 and Acrobat 6 Std...more woes

I'm running Great Plains 7.5 SP6 in a Terminal Services environment.
Everything works great using Abrobat 5.  Once I try to upgrade to Acrobat 6,
it goes completely haywire.

On my standalone PCs that run GP 7.5 and Acrobat 6, it runs perfectly and
there are no problems whatsoever.

The Terminal Server is another story though.  I know that Acrobat, when it
creates the PDF in the Send To (PDF) function, it saves it in the Great
Plains install directory.  I've given my users full access to just that
directory.  I've given them full access to the Adobe directory and also full
access to the Adobe PDF printer.  It still does not create the PDF correctly
using Send To (PDF).  An hourglass will appear on the screen, and then when
the new e-mail message appears, it is the incorrect PDF attached or it tried
to make the PDF, but in the Great Plains directory, there is a PostScript
file that was not converted over to a PDF.  Why?

Is this still a permissions issue somewhere?  What am I doing wrong here?

Any assistance would be appreciated.  Thanks!  -Joe
0
Joe (497)

outlook expresses 6.0 to Outlook 2002
Hello, Please inform if its possible to transfer information (adress book and email) of the outlook expresses 6.0 to Outlook 2002 Thanks in advance. Yes. It's easiest if the data is all on the same machine to begin with...otherwise you may have to import the data into OE on the Outlook 2002 machine before you can transfer it to Outlook. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:06ed01c3c89c$e5118590$a601280a@phx.gbl, Pedro Margarido wrote: > H...

Great Plains and RMS
I've upgraded our RMS systems to service pack 3. We now have the option of selecting the GP accounting option. It looks like we have to download an add-on for Great Plains.. Is this true ? The one out there only says for import to GP 7.5 We are currently running GP 8.0. Will it work for this version? Do I even need this add-on, now that you can select the GP accounting option? Scot, KB 893330 discusses integration with GP 8.0, but the links are broken for the download. If my memory is correct, there was talk about a 10/01/05 release date. -- * "Scot S" <ScotS@discussio...

Taskbar sometimes goes away in IE8 & WIndows 7
Sometimes the taskbar for Internet Explorer 8 with Windows 7 completely goes away. I have to close it and reopen it to get it back The taskbar is a feature of Windows, not Internet Explorer. IE doesn't have a taskbar. Do you mean the icon for Internet Explorer that appears in the Windows 7 taskbar? Or could you be referring to the status bar that runs along the bottom of Internet Explorer? --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est eiching1 wrote: > Sometimes the taskbar for Internet Explorer 8 with Windows 7 completely goes > away. I have to close it and reopen it ...

rpc over http woes.. single exchange server 2 DC controllers 1 of which is a GC
Hi all, I've gone thru all the post here but I'm still not able to get it to work. All the scenarios seem to assume you either are a single server installation or your using a FE/BE installation. I'm a SINGLE exchange server installation which happens to not be a DC and I have two DC controllers. So I guess I'm kind of in the middle of these scenarios..... My site. two windows 2003 domain controllers 1 exhange 2003 server running service pack1 - is not a domain controllers I have the microsoft CA installed on the exchange server I have the RPC proxy server running on ...

Compatibility of Works with Office on Windows 7
WORKS WAS WORKING FINE AND WE LOADED OFFICE 2007 AND SOME PORTIONS OF WORKS STOPPED WORKING. WORD CONTINUES TO WORK ON WORKS...IS THEIR INCOMPATIBILITY? THANKS, CLAIRE ANN Any incompatibility is with your caps lock which appears to be stuck. - posting in all caps makes for hard reading & is considered shouting. It seems strange that you would want to keep whatever version of Works after installing Office. "CLAIRE ANN" <CLAIRE ANN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD6E2AD1-2741-439A-B8E2-37EECA306F42@microsoft.com... > WORKS WAS WORKING F...

"Path/File access error" in Windows 7
Hello, I have moved my vb project files to c:\New Folder in Windows 7. Now, when I start IDE, do some changes then Windows 7 does not allow me to save them. What is wrong with c:\New Folder location? I appreciate your help, Claire On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 17:32:50 -0500, "Claire" <replyto@fra> wrote: >Hello, > I have moved my vb project files to c:\New Folder in Windows 7. >Now, when I start IDE, do some changes then Windows 7 does not allow me to >save them. >What is wrong with c:\New Folder location? > >I appreci...

What is this great plains?
The website is down and i want to install CRM but find everywhere links to greatplains. Is the essential, just an add-on......? ...

Windows 7 Issues
I have just purchased a new PC with Windows 7 and Media Center (included). Sometimes it will record and sometimes it won't start 2 minutes before as it did on my old XP edition. 1) How can I change the format it records in & 2) Initailly, when I ran the new media center under Windows 7, it put a thumbnail picutre of the recorded TV scho, now it only shows a filmstrip with a camera and sometime it will play and other time it won't. I'm open to any advice. Thanx for your time. When you record a program it records it to the hard drive and then it plays fro...

plain text #6
Does some one now if there is an option in Outlook XP to read messages by default in plain text? In Outlook express there is such an option but I can not find it in Microsoft Outlook. Thank you There is an add-in that allows this - http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.html --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Jacob asked: | Does some one now if th...

Rename Exchange 5.5
Hello! I have this problem. I need to rename a Windows NT where i have installed Exchange 5.5.. It's possible?? There is any document? Exchange 5.5 will be ok after the change? Thank's a lot Andrea I don't have the definitive answer for you. I leave that to the experts who *will* respond here. However, I would *strongly* recommend you *not* do it until you have definitive answers.... My impression from my reading is that you are inviting disaster if you rename the server. I believe you will have to use the "swing method twice to: 1) Set up a temp server, install exc...

Solving std::exception
Hello everybody. I am getting a 'std::exception'm its description is: "Acces violation - no RTTI data!" What I an doing wrong? Thanks in advance, William GS > Hello everybody. I am getting a 'std::exception'm its description is: > "Acces violation - no RTTI data!" > Most likely, you dont have RTTI support (/GR) for your project. Its a setting in project properties dialog. --- Ajay Thank you Ajay, /GR solves my problem. William GS "Ajay Kalra" wrote: > > Hello everybody. I am getting a 'std::exception'm its descript...

how do I add 2.5 hours to a column of data
right now I have one column (C) of data with a custom format of h:mm AM/PM I would like to create a D column of column C plus 2.5 hours how do I format this? ....Lisa Lisa, The formula would be =C2+TIMEVALUE("2:30:00") It will probably automatically apply some inappropriate date-time format. Do Format - Cells - Number tab - Time, and select the time format you want. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- "Lisa Hetherington" <gerry.lisa@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:es7re7$h0f$1...

CUSTOMIZING OUTLOOK TODAY #5
Here is my problem however either I didn't understand the resolution or it simply doesn't do anything. If you know of a way to fix this bug PLEASE let me know. SYMPTOMS When you change the style by customizing Outlook Today, open an Outlook item such as Messages or Calendar, and then switch back to Outlook Today by using the Web toolbar, the style that appears may not be the new style. CAUSE This behavior can occur because the original settings in Outlook Today are cached in an associated folder. When you click Back to return to Outlook Today, the URL associated with Outloo...

great
This is a great newsgroup glad I found it. hope to learn a lot here and natrally also to contribute. There are more things in heven and earth tan we know http://spiritualnowbusiness.blogspot.com/ --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20070608110655W6g5FqZ2 ---- Posted via Pronews.com - Premium Corporate Usenet News Provider ---- http://www.pronews.com offers corporate packages that have access to 100,000+ newsgroups ...

error 9318 after decomissioning last exchange 5.5
Hi group, I searched all over but did not find the answer to my problem. After decommissioning exchange 5.5 server I get same error 9318 from MSExchangeMTA every 10 min in Application log: An RPC communications error occurred. Unable to bind over RPC. Locality Table (LTAB) index: 67, Windows 2000/MTA error code: 1753. Comms error 1753, Bind error 0, Remote Server Name EXCHANGE [MAIN BASE 1 500 %10] (14) For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. We are 1 server, 1 site Exchange organization. I upgraded NT to W2K and AD and then to W3K SP1. I have 1 W3K DC and...

Great Plains
Hello, I have a report made in Crystal for purchase orders. I want to open this report when I click on print button from "Purchase Order Entry" window. Any help is welcome. Radu. The easiest thing would be to purchase one of the third-party modules that are available. One tool is from Accountable Software called Forms Printer. Another tool is Crystallizer. I cannot remember who makes it, though. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Radu LP" wrote: > Hello, > I have a report made in Crystal for purchase orders. I want to open this > report when I click on print butto...

Address spoofing using SMTP commands in internal 5.5 server
We have an Internal Mail server running on the following platform NT4.0 SP6a Exchange 5.5/SP4. Norton Antivirus for mail and OS level protection. We have noticed that its possible to open a telnet session on SMTP port "25" and run SMTP commands like "MAIL FROM: xyz@hotmail.com" and submit messages to any internal address of the mail server. This has led to a lot of security concerns ,because any smart user can submit messages with a spoofed address. Please let us know if there is a way to prevent this on our exchange 5.5 Mail server? -SP Hi, What you pro...

IE 7 with Exchange 2003 SP2 #4
Hi, System: Exchange 2003 back-end: Windows 2003 SP1 + Exchange 2003 SP2 Exchange 2003 front-end: Windows 2003 SP1 + Exchange 2003 SP2 Problem, After my customer apply the IE 7 on the both front-end and back-end Exchange 2003 servers, problem occurs on the Exchange system. 1.) From ESM, attemp to access help at any where, application crash occurs (This can be solve by un-install IE7) 2.) Offline address book does not work. Does anybody have this problem and how to solve it. Cheers, ...

Exch 5.5 issue
For 6 days we have had an aissue where email flows out BUT never flows back. The Exchange 1 queues are empty. 2.Event log refers to no errors. 3.It is up to date. 4. AV is current. 5. MX records, DNS entries are correct. 6. OS is up to date. Very curious. Thanks Hi, Try this link for troubleshooting tips. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3TransnRouting/3ba2ac5d-3e7f-4966-829c-5ee82b58382c.mspx "BrianMultiLanguage" wrote: > For 6 days we have had an aissue where email flows out BUT never flows back. > The Exchange > 1 queues are empty. ...

Implemeting Portals in Great Plains?
Hi All, What are the requierments to implement Portals for Great Plains for other branchs to be able to access it online through the internet? Does Microsoft provide a While Papers for Portals Deployements Guide ? Thanks, Habibalby There are a few white papers concerning Business Portal, a Sharepoint-based portal. You may want to log into CustomerSource and review them. "MS GPS" <habibalby@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eM4O6bTxFHA.3856@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > What are the requierments to implement Portals for Great Plains for other > br...

Faxing via desktop from Great Plains (customer invoices,etc.)
We have the need to fax from our desktops. We are on Great Plains 8.0. Examples are customer invoices. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=3238cba3-0f91-47c1-...

Additional Domain in Exchange 5.5
this might sound like a very simple question but is there a way of setting up two seperate domains on one Exchange 5.5 box.for example companyA.com also looks after another company called companyB.co.uk. companyA needs to add the companyB domain to its exsisting exchange 5.5 server.can this be done if so how do you do it. any help would be great. cheers ! http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq_sec3.htm George D wrote: > this might sound like a very simple question but is there > a way of setting up two seperate domains on one Exchange > 5.5 box.for example companyA.com also ...

MS Great Plains
We have Great Plains (PersonnelOracle Version 2002.03.15 3.0.6. and PowerTool 2002.03.19. 3.1.1.) installed. Previously we have used Office 2000 and the Word merge was working perfectly. Upgrading to 2002 or 2003 the Word merge stopped working, I suppose we need new templates for Word 2003 (.dot files). Who shall we contact with? Any suggestion would be appreciated! Where do Oracle and PowerTool come into the equation? Are you trying to use Word with Microsoft Great Plains? How were you doing it with Word 2000? "Zoltan Bacs" <Zoltan Bacs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Sending messages in Plain text format to one email recipient by default in OL2002
I use OL2002. I've opened up the contact, "Joe Smith". I double-click on the email field. It shows that the "Internet format" field is "Send plain text only". However, when I draft an email to this contact, "Joe Smith", it still goes out as HTML. (And if it is sent as HTML, he never receives it.) While drafting the message, if I remember to go to the tool bar and change it from HTML to Plain text, Joe Smith will receive the message. But, if I forget to change it from HTML to Plain Text, then Joe never sees the message. Also worth noting:...

Stats microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (last 7 days) 07-19-10
"Caveat: Quantity is not necessarily a measure of Quality" Newsgroup.................: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general Stats Were Taken..........: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 08:43:49 GMT Stats Begin...............: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 08:47:06 GMT Stats End.................: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 07:34:41 GMT Days......................: 7 Total No. of Articles.....: 579 Total No. of Characters...: 1402608 Total Volume..............: 1369 Messages Per Day..........: 82.7 Characters Per Day........: 200372.6 Average Daily Volume......: 195 kB Total Posters This Week...:...