Great Plains 6 Country Codes

I am trying to extract country codes from a Great Plains 6 SQL backup
with:

select SLSTERCD from RM20101

This gives me a set of good results in 7.5 and they aer nearly ISO
compliant so I can work out where they relate to.

However, in version 6 the results are not even close. They come back
as:

" "
"1"
"2"
"RDCO"

I can;t find a lookup table anywhere which can decipher these results.
Is anyone able to point me in the right direction?

SLSTERCD is the sales territory ID - these are created by users and can be
anything you want, they don't have to be the country.  For example, if the
TWO sample company they are TERRITORY 1, TERRITORY 2, etc.  You can see the
entire list of territory IDs set up in each of your GP companies by looking
in RM00303.

--
Victoria Yudin
GP MVP

<jo.pettitt@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to extract country codes from a Great Plains 6 SQL backup
> with:
>
> select SLSTERCD from RM20101
>
> This gives me a set of good results in 7.5 and they aer nearly ISO
> compliant so I can work out where they relate to.
>
> However, in version 6 the results are not even close. They come back
> as:
>
> " "
> "1"
> "2"
> "RDCO"
>
> I can;t find a lookup table anywhere which can decipher these results.
> Is anyone able to point me in the right direction?

0
victoria (3340)

outlook expresses 6.0 to Outlook 2002
Hello, Please inform if its possible to transfer information (adress book and email) of the outlook expresses 6.0 to Outlook 2002 Thanks in advance. Yes. It's easiest if the data is all on the same machine to begin with...otherwise you may have to import the data into OE on the Outlook 2002 machine before you can transfer it to Outlook. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:06ed01c3c89c$e5118590$a601280a@phx.gbl, Pedro Margarido wrote: > H...

Great Plains and RMS
I've upgraded our RMS systems to service pack 3. We now have the option of selecting the GP accounting option. It looks like we have to download an add-on for Great Plains.. Is this true ? The one out there only says for import to GP 7.5 We are currently running GP 8.0. Will it work for this version? Do I even need this add-on, now that you can select the GP accounting option? Scot, KB 893330 discusses integration with GP 8.0, but the links are broken for the download. If my memory is correct, there was talk about a 10/01/05 release date. -- * "Scot S" <ScotS@discussio...

Code to "white-out" specific lines in a very large Word document
Hi For the lines that start with the following text, I'd like like to change the font colour of the ENTIRE line to white: - Diagnosis: - Rating: - Analogue: (note the colon [:] at the end in each case) Thanks very much John If by 'line', which is a vague concept, you mean 'paragraph' then Dim vFindText Dim oRng As Range Dim i As Long vFindText = Array("- Diagnosis:", "- Rating:", "- Analogue:") For i = 0 To UBound(vFindText) Set oRng = ActiveDocument.Range With oRng.Find .Text = vFindText(i) ...

Outlook 6 Attachment Problem
I just downloaded critical updates for Outlook 6, and now I cannot load any of my attachments. I don't think I did something, and I suspect that the updates caused it. I can see that a message has an attachment, but the "File" -> "Save Attachment" no longer allows me to click it. (It's there, but blanked) This happens with "pre-updates" attachments as well as "post-updates" attachments. As you can tell, I'm new at Outlook. I just switched from Juno's service and I'm very happy..... You'd probably have better luck po...

Form code
I have a table with four fields: SupervisorID EmployeeID StartDate EndDate I want to set it where an employee can have multiple entries (supervisors), but can only have one entry without an end date. I have a form that looks like the example below. Can someone give me a code that I could use in a before update so that this will work? For example: SupervisorID EmployeeID StartDate EndDate Adams1 Smith1 06/01/07 07/01/07 Miller1 Smith1 07/02/07 08/01/07 Thompson1 ...

What is this great plains?
The website is down and i want to install CRM but find everywhere links to greatplains. Is the essential, just an add-on......? ...

EXCEL FORMULAS #6
I WANT TO SHOW THE ANSWER TO A SUM TO SHOW IN A NONE RELATED CELL.IE:FORMULA SET IN C1=SUM(A1+B2) ANSWER TO SHOW IN D1.CAN THIS BE DONE,IF SO CAN ANYONE SHOW ME HOW. Wyn, Not without using a macro. You can't change a cell with a formula from another cell. You could use =C1 in D1 John "WYN BUNSTON" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEE3C931-8229-44BA-8382-B54D56CF1F64@microsoft.com... > I WANT TO SHOW THE ANSWER TO A SUM TO SHOW IN A NONE RELATED CELL.IE:FORMULA SET IN C1=SUM(A1+B2) ANSWER TO SHOW IN D1.CAN THIS BE DONE,IF SO CAN ANYONE SHOW ...

plain text #6
Does some one now if there is an option in Outlook XP to read messages by default in plain text? In Outlook express there is such an option but I can not find it in Microsoft Outlook. Thank you There is an add-in that allows this - http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.html --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Jacob asked: | Does some one now if th...

great
This is a great newsgroup glad I found it. hope to learn a lot here and natrally also to contribute. There are more things in heven and earth tan we know http://spiritualnowbusiness.blogspot.com/ --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20070608110655W6g5FqZ2 ---- Posted via Pronews.com - Premium Corporate Usenet News Provider ---- http://www.pronews.com offers corporate packages that have access to 100,000+ newsgroups ...

lost folder #6
I have Microsoft Office pro 2003 Starting today I noticed that every time and I am trying to attach or insert a file from one of my folder tjhta use regularly Outlook does not show me that folder. It looks like does not find it However if i use Windows explorer I can see and find the folder. it is very important for me to havethat folder because I use it for attaching and inserting pictures into my messages. How Outlook dose not find this folder but Windows explorer does? Please help me -- Thanks for the help Can you navigate to the folder above it? "edgard" <gigle@ze...

Great Plains
Hello, I have a report made in Crystal for purchase orders. I want to open this report when I click on print button from "Purchase Order Entry" window. Any help is welcome. Radu. The easiest thing would be to purchase one of the third-party modules that are available. One tool is from Accountable Software called Forms Printer. Another tool is Crystallizer. I cannot remember who makes it, though. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Radu LP" wrote: > Hello, > I have a report made in Crystal for purchase orders. I want to open this > report when I click on print butto...

how is .Net code always cross platform? #2
Hi all 1.How is .NET code always cross platform? 2.Is it possible to use dll created by sing VC++ 6.0 into VC++.NET? How is the backward compatibility possible? Regards bhargav "bhag" <bhag281@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1154940168.899645.296820@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hi all > > 1. How is .NET code always cross platform? It isn't. >2. Is it possible to use dll created by sing VC++ 6.0 into VC++.NET? Yes. http://www.codeproject.com/dotnet/DynamicDllImport.asp > How is the backward compatibility possible? Except for that C++ h...

Implemeting Portals in Great Plains?
Hi All, What are the requierments to implement Portals for Great Plains for other branchs to be able to access it online through the internet? Does Microsoft provide a While Papers for Portals Deployements Guide ? Thanks, Habibalby There are a few white papers concerning Business Portal, a Sharepoint-based portal. You may want to log into CustomerSource and review them. "MS GPS" <habibalby@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eM4O6bTxFHA.3856@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > What are the requierments to implement Portals for Great Plains for other > br...

MS Great Plains
We have Great Plains (PersonnelOracle Version 2002.03.15 3.0.6. and PowerTool 2002.03.19. 3.1.1.) installed. Previously we have used Office 2000 and the Word merge was working perfectly. Upgrading to 2002 or 2003 the Word merge stopped working, I suppose we need new templates for Word 2003 (.dot files). Who shall we contact with? Any suggestion would be appreciated! Where do Oracle and PowerTool come into the equation? Are you trying to use Word with Microsoft Great Plains? How were you doing it with Word 2000? "Zoltan Bacs" <Zoltan Bacs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Faxing via desktop from Great Plains (customer invoices,etc.)
We have the need to fax from our desktops. We are on Great Plains 8.0. Examples are customer invoices. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=3238cba3-0f91-47c1-...

Sending messages in Plain text format to one email recipient by default in OL2002
I use OL2002. I've opened up the contact, "Joe Smith". I double-click on the email field. It shows that the "Internet format" field is "Send plain text only". However, when I draft an email to this contact, "Joe Smith", it still goes out as HTML. (And if it is sent as HTML, he never receives it.) While drafting the message, if I remember to go to the tool bar and change it from HTML to Plain text, Joe Smith will receive the message. But, if I forget to change it from HTML to Plain Text, then Joe never sees the message. Also worth noting:...

Internet Explorer 6 Caching (IE sample browser caching) in WINCE 6
When I try to Browse the web application with Images, I find it that when I refresh the web page. the browser itself try to download the images again, but when I check the Internet temporary files the relevant images already downloaded in to that folder. The Web application is Written by using VBScript. How can I improve the caching of images in IE sample browser. Have you tried to play with the cache registry settings for the browser (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa908143.aspx) ? -- Luca Calligaris (MVP-Windows Embedded) l.calligaris.nospam@eurotech.it.nospam www...

Debug out of synch with code in VS.NET
So what do you do when your code and the debugger get out of synch - I've tried Clean solution and rebuilding all. Rail -- Recording Engineer/Software Developer Rail Jon Rogut Software http://home.earthlink.net/~railro mailto:railro@earthlink.net No one else as ever had the step cursor out of synch with their code while debugging? Rail -- Recording Engineer/Software Developer Rail Jon Rogut Software http://home.earthlink.net/~railro mailto:railro@earthlink.net "Rail Jon Rogut" <railro@earthlink.net> wrote in me...

Outlook 2003 Rules #6
I access my exchange 2003 mailbox from outlook2003/windows xp pro. The exchange 2003 runs on a stand-alone server. I am trying to forward e-mail sent to me from particular user to a specific user. I want the forwarding to take place even when my windows xp pro is not on. I have setup the Rule Wizard's descritption as follows: Apply this rule after the message arrives from (user@abc.com) forward it to user@xyz.com This rule is checked. Would anyone know why the e-mail sent from user@abc.com doesn't get forwarded to user@xyz.com? or perhaps there is another way to accomplish th...

You guys are great!
This is a great group! I know sometimes it is frustrating because we (novices ) fail to give you all of the facts, but the bottom line is that I ALWAYS get the answer to my questions!! THANKS! Ron H. ----------------- www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com - *Completion*Retention*Speed* Access your favorite newsgroups from home or on the road ----------------- I've learned more through the years from hanging out in this group than any other source. I try to answer questions as often as I can, but I learn way more than I teach. I think that is part of the nature of participation. Tom &quo...

Calendar Invites Arrive as Plain Text
Mixed-Mode Environment: Exchange Server 2003 SP1 Clustered Active/Passive Windows Server 2003 SP1 Clustered Avtive/Passive Exchange Server 2003 SP1 Non-clustered/Standard Windows Server 2003 SP1 Non-Clustered/Standard Exchange 5.5 SP 4 Clustered Active/Passive Windows NT 4.0 SP6a Clustered Active/Passive Exchange 5.5 SP 4 Non-Clustered/Standard Windows NT 4.0 SP6a Non-Clustered/Standard We have identified that any calendar invite request, when sent outside of the Exchange Server Environment arrives at it's destination as plain text instead of the standard invite format in Outlook. ...

Why is Outlook Exp 6 putting 2 accounts in Local Folders instead of setting up 2 different Inboxes?
Hi, Have 3 diff email addresses, 1 business, 1 gmail and 1 hotmail. For some reason the biz and gmail accounts are working within the same " Local Folders" inbox but the Hotmail has it's own inbox, etc. How can I separate the Gmail and the Biz accounts to their own folders like the hotmail one? Hope I haven't confused you :-) Thanks! Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=mi...

Microsoft Security Patch and Great Plains
We are applying following Security Patches to our Great Plains server. This is on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 with SQL Server 2000 - latest SP. Is there a way to find out if any of these may conflict with Great Plains and/or FRx? I am not able to find any information on Microsoft website. We always apply these patches and either something with GP or FRx is broken - in most cases FRx. We would appreciate your feedback. List of security patches: MS05-052 - Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (KB Article Q896688) MS05-051 - Vulnerabilities in MSDTC and COM+ (KB Article Q902400) MS...

How do I calc loan payments with 6 equal pmts & 6 at zero?
-- Brian Cloke First, put your question in the body of your e-mail. Not everyone can view a post which has only a subject line, which limits your potential responses. Second, define the problem clearly. What's the distribution of the six zero payments? All at the beginning, all at the end, interspersed with the equal payments, something else? Regards, Fred "Brian.C" <BrianC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:48414DF7-86E3-4FAB-92D4-9B04E112CD25@microsoft.com... > > -- > Brian Cloke ...

Multiple emails #6
When I send an email with say 4 people in cc. they all get 4 copies of that email. Any idea why? DelMel <DelMel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I send an email with say 4 people in cc. they all get 4 copies > of that email. > Any idea why? Are you scanning your outgoing mail with a virus scanner? If so, disable it. It's pointless anyway. -- Brian Tillman ...