Graduated pricing- mult-tiered pricing, bracket pricing

We have a client that wants to charge only for items over 500 units. Less
than that would be subject to a minimum charge.  We did a item for the
minimum charge but when we did the price level with 0-500 units at zero cost
and item 501-9999999 at $0.50. (It is similar to the income tax brackets)
It charged for all 501 at .50 not just the one unit.  The extended pricing
module says it can have multi-tiered pricing but there is no training
material addressing it and Microsofts search engine has no results on how to
do it, but does mention it in the marketing material.
--
accountant

In other words what you are saying is, the first 500 units regarding
of how many are being sold will have a minimum charge, anything above
500 will go at the regular price of $.50 per unit? If this is the
case, you will have to have 2 items created as you already discovered.
The first item, say ITEM_A1 will have to be your minimum charge item,
ITEM_A2 will have to represent any number of units above the initial
500.

For example, if the customer orders 501 items, your invoice line item
will look something like this:

ITEM_A1                500  Each               $the_minimum_price_here
ITEM_A2                1      Each               $.50

Tiered pricing, as can be understood in Extended Pricing allows you to
set, usually, decremental prices as the tiers escalate and the number
of units being sold increase, as you already discovered.

Best regards,

MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MVP
Maximum Global Business, LLC
http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
Blog: http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
GP,

Extended Pricing does have a section in the Help files and Printable
Manuals has a section on Extended Pricing under Inventory Cards.

Hope this helps,

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com
blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
fhamelly1 (1404)

Graphical co-ordinates format data label (with brackets) for chart
Hi all! Using Excel 2007, I have made a chart using a data series with the x-values in one column and the y-values in another. I wish to show the data label for these points, but want to include the brackets to replicate the mathematical way of expressing the co-ordinate i.e. that the data label would read (-8, 6) instead of -8, 6. I've tried creating a custom data label using format codes, but I'm getting nowhere fast. Can anyone help please? Also, I have a second series on the same graph that I do NOT want to display this information (I'm making a teaching resource). It d...

sales reports by price level?
Is there a way to get a report of sales broken down by their price level's? We do both wholesale and retail, and would like to know which market is purchasing which products - is there a way to find that out? I have a report that does this that I can send to you. What is your email? -- Jocelyn "Steve Curtis" wrote: > Is there a way to get a report of sales broken down by their price level's? > We do both wholesale and retail, and would like to know which market is > purchasing which products - is there a way to find that out? It's sbcservices@frontier...

automatic markup calculation dependent on price vale
I need to create a sheet that will calculate markups on based on purchase price eg if cost = a markup = 200%, if cost =b markup = 150% if cost = c markup = 135%. I have tried following but get zero for an answer on any figure entered '=IF(OR(G6<=10),H6=G6*2,IF(OR(G6>10,G<30),H6=G6*1.5,IF(OR(G6>30),H6=G6*1.35))) This should work =IF(G6<=10,G6*2,IF(OR(G6>10,G6<30),G6*1.5,G6*1.35)) entered into the cell H6 -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Veg-man" <Veg-man@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B3...

Round up price to end .99
I want to raise prices by 5% and then round the resulting number to end in xxx.99. For example, if the result is $15.48, I want to round that to $ 15.99. Any help? It doesn't sound like you really want to round up--it sounds like you just want to make sure it ends with 99 cents. Maybe... =int(a1*1.05)+.99 Chip wrote: > > I want to raise prices by 5% and then round the resulting number to end in > xxx.99. For example, if the result is $15.48, I want to round that to $ > 15.99. Any help? -- Dave Peterson And you've got more replies at your other post, too. ...

Price Pointing/Complex Rounding
I have a client who is trying to price his shop stock using Excel. The problem is that he has taken his cost price and multiplied it by his markup, which is an easy formula. He is now left with his selling price, but what he wants to do is round the selling price up to either the nearest �5 or �10 and subtract 5p. To explain this further, if his exact selling price is �123.45 he wants to round this up to �124.95, but if his exact selling price is �125.67 he wants to round this up to �130.95. Does anyone know how to do this formula in Excel, in words it will basically say if below pounds end...

Manually importing stock price history en masse into Money 2005 #3
Hi, I have Money 2005 Deluxe (Didn't see any reason to upgrade to later versions, not much functional/features difference). I want to see how my investment portfolio did over a period of time (say 10 years). Since I installed Money in year 2005, I have all stock prices updates automatically since then (by using online stock price updates.) But I want to see performance before 2005 for historical and statistical purposes of my portfolio analysis. I can get all historical stock prices in Excel or text or in some other comma delimited format from MSN or Yahoo Finance (right from the ...

General Pricing change !!!!!
HELP!!! Does any one know why the RMS General pricing changed from the original price to some funny pricing!!! It caused huge problems now as the software now is working on the store and customer suppose to pay for the label price but when it scan from POS it show something else? Why and what went wrong??? UNGENTLY NEED HELP. Regards Kase Kase, Do you have Price Point A, B or C established? This could be one cause: If within Registers you changed the level from Standard to Price A, B or C. Does the qty tendered for a specific item equate to one of those price points? -- Jocelyn...

Edit product cost/price on the fly
Despite the blurb, CRM seems to be very product-focussed. As a service-based company we'd like to use CRM to pre-define a "product" (e.g. a training day, or an event) so that users can pick from a standard list. However, the nature of the business means that each discrete supply of a "product" is going to incur different costs, and attract a different sales price, as it is tailored to client needs. Is there a way of being able to divorce the "product" from the fixed Price List, or at least to edit the cost/price information associated with each indi...

formula finding price based on volume bracket
I want to write a formula, say in cell E2 that picks the correct price based on valume Entered in Cell D1. Suppose I have a table set up with volume vs price. sush as: Column A B C D E Row 1 From TO PRICE Volume Entered ?? Row 2 500 600 $1.20 Row 3 601 700 $0.99 Etc... down the row. I know I can use vlookup ordinarily but now there are two columns. If volumn is between 500 to 600 then the price is one thing, if volumn is between a different braket is something else.....

Hot Shop DKNY Watches Women's Two Tone
Hot Shop DKNY Watches Women's Two Tone - DKNY Minimum Price Hot Watch Shop : http://www.hotwatchshop.com DKNY Watches : http://www.hotwatchshop.com/DKNY-Watches.html DKNY Watches Women's Two Tone : http://www.hotwatchshop.com/DKNY-Watches-Womens-Two-Tone-Watch.html DKNY Watches Women's Two Tone All Products : DKNY Ladies Watches NY3638 - AA : http://www.hotwatchshop.com/DKNY-wristwatch-2997.html DKNY Women's Leather Collection II watch #NY3732 : http://www.hotwatchshop.com/DKNY-wristwatch-2998.html DKNY Women's Logo Cuff watch #NY3948 : http://www.hotwatchshop.co...

Retail pricing on invoice
I own a snack food company that delivers snack products to conveinece stores. I am currently using Quckbooks. I want to install a computor on board my truck to print out invoices so that I don't have to re-enter them at the end of the day in Quickbooks. The problem is that my invoices must have a cost and retail column. I can do that in Quickbooks but I have to enter the retail on each item as go. I am looking for a program that will allow me when I set up my items on an item list to enter my cost, the store cost, and the store retail so that it is automatic enter'd on my in...

Extended Pricing: User cannot create a new Price Sheet
Good afternoon, My client cannot successfully create new price sheets. They would create a new price sheet in the Price Sheet Maintenance window, select an item number then drill down into the Price Sheet Detail Maintenance window and key in the necessary options. After saving, when they click the Assign button back in the Price Sheet Maintenance window they are prompted the message "The Price Sheet ID does not exist. Do you want to create it?" This shouldn;t be the case. But then even when the user selects Yes, cursor would go back to Price Sheet Maintenance window and the Date Ran...

Pocket Outlook Mult. Signatures
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3226315139_1706124 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit Can Pocket Outlook in Windows Mobile 5 do multiple signatures? -- David Barr Yaffe, C.A.S. dave@filmsound.com www.filmsound.com --- PLEASE INCLUDE ORIGINAL MESSAGE IN REPLY --- --B_3226315139_1706124 Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Poc...

Error when adding, subtracting inside bracket
This simple operation is giving me a #VALUE error-msge, and I can' figure why: All I'm trying to do is, sum five adjacent values in a range [sa B52:B56], subtract a simple value from them [say, "66.53" w/ou quotes], then multiply the result by .78. So what I'm inputting is: =SUM((B52:B56)-(66.53))*.78 And what I'm getting is an error msge. I've already checked to mak sure all cells are formatted for number, 2 decimal places. WHAT GIVES??? Thanks in advance for your help [:-) turtleman2 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Watch your parentheses:...

HELP! Pricing matrix for Great Plains 7.5
Hi, I have a problem with the pricing matrix my company uses. Here is the situation: I have 2 kinds of price list. One is net price and the other one is discount price. I use these two prices for the same customer. I have already used "Omniprice" for my pricing matrix. But the problem is everytime I input the item, great plains always askes me password for overide price. For your information, I put password for overide price as my boss doesn't want his employee to be able to change the price during inputting sales order. What solutions I need is: 1. Pricing matrix 2. I do...

price appreciation value
Greetings all. I have added the 'price appreciation' value to one of my portfolio views. My problem is that the individual ticker's 'price appreciation' values do not add up to the summed 'price appreciation' for the account. I searched in this discussion group and found posts about how reinvested dividends are handled but that doesn't appear to be the cause of my problem. Can anyone give me some feedback on what I may have set up wrong? I've been using MSMoney since 1998 and had to start over with a new ..mny file due to corruption. I was able ...

price change label batch
i have maybe 100 to 200 retail price changes per week. these changes are made at the "item ,general, price slot" is there a way to create a label batch of price changes made for a date range, or is there a better way to make retail price changes? http://www.rite.us/custom/ritelabel.htm for your label printing does exactly what you need. For making price changes have you tried using the Item Wizard and importing from an excel file? Robert "jp's spirits & wines" wrote: > i have maybe 100 to 200 retail price changes per week. these changes are made > at...

Excel 2000 applying a variable % price increase
Hi I want to be able to apply a variable percentage formula that will apply percentage increases to selected cells in my client's Excel 2000 price list. eg Product Range x Product A $30 Product B $45 Product C $75 Product Range y Product A $45 Product B $65 Product C $110 Product Range z Product A $120 Product B $165 Product C$195 Say Product Range x is going up 10%, product range y 15% & product range z 20%, each range having 3 products. I am not sure know to apply a formula that will make these price increases happen. Ideally my client wants to be able to type a percentage...

need a nice price letter format
http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/templategallery/default.asp I would suugest you search for Word Templates. Excel is not a very good word processor. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 13:09:01 -0700, mdixon <mdixon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

3-tier stacked bar chart
Hello - I work for a police department and need to create a stacked bar chart for homicide victims and suspects by race and gender. The chart would be separated into victims on the left and suspects on the right. Within each, there would 3 bars: Black, White, Asian. Within each of those three bars is male/female. Does anyone know how to enter that data into an excel spreadsheet??? Any help appreciated! Hi, Try this data in range A1:D7. Create a stacked column plotting Series in Rows. You will then need to format the 6 series as appropriate. Victim Suspect Black Male 1 1 Female 1 1 ...

Cashiers changing prices: "access pricing" and discounts
Hi: We are a wine shop and give 10% discounts when customers purchase six bottles of wine, and 20% when they purchase 12 bottles. I've got the discounts to automatically kick in when 6 or 12 bottles are scanned into the system using mix and match. However, I've noticed we get an error about "cashier cannot change prices" when the minimum quantity for discount is entered into the system. The reason is b/c the cashier does not have the "access pricing" check box turned on in their detail setup. The problem is we don't want the cashier to have the &quo...

create price books
To create price books: Open the Price Book Maintenance window. (Cards >> Inventory >> Extended Pricing >> Price Books) Enter or select a price book ID. I can go to cards Inventory but I don't see Extended Pricing. Do I need an additional module to access this feature. I was trying to build a smartlist to see what we were charging for inventory items but didn't see a price field to select. I just purchased Smartlist Builder so maybe i can link some tables together??? Any direction would be great. First You need to mark to use Extended Pricing in Inventory Setup...

Item prices in catalog merge
I'm trying to create a catalog from an Excel database using Publisher 2003. Everything works like a charm with the exception of the price columns. I have one for Retail and one for Wholesale. When I use the Text formatting on the pricing columns, I get a strange number like Suggested Retail Price 52.149999999999999 Wholesale Price: 11709 whereas it should be $10.00 and $19.99. If I format the column as a number or currency it also messes it up. Does anyone know how to do this? Have you tried formatting the cells in Excel as "Currency" or maybe even just a Number? "...

Different item costs/pricing per Store
We will be adding stores that are in different areas of the country with different cost/pricing structure. Right now, we use HQ worksheets to manage items for a group of 15 stores that have the same cost/price. The new stores will also have a different supplier. How can we maintain separate costs/pricing per store in HQ? It only allows you to set one cost per item. One thought was to purchase a separate HQ environment but that didn't make sense everytime we opened a store in a different region. Check the Documentation on the Options Tab of HQ Configuration. There's are ...

Multi-Tier Commission Report
Has anyone developed an RMS report that allows Sales Rep commission to be calculated depending upon varying sales figures i.e. 1% comm up to sales of £300k, 2% comm between £300k-£500k and 3% comm above? If the commisson is by product you can set the products with an sql query to whatever percent you want and then with MS Access create a report with the products that sold at 1% and the product that sold at 2% and so on. But this is by product. Thanks for the post, unfortunately our commission is set by each individual Sales Reps "Total Sales" within a given peri...