GP8.0 Upgrade Problems

I am trying to upgrade a test server to GP8.0 SP3 from GP7.5 SP6. I
have run into several issues, and although I have resolved some of them
(i.e. can't have IDENTITY column in any tables that's not named
DEX_ROW_ID), there's a few I am still having trouble with. I am
installing GP8.0 into a separate directory on the server.

1) When I run the Perform Special Upgrade in GP Utilities after
installing SP3, I get a "Invalid column name DAYTOEXP" error. Looking
at a SQL profiler trace of this, I can see that it is failing when
recreating the IVR10015 table. I checked our live server and there is
no DAYTOEXP column in the IVR10015 table so I'm guessing it must get
added when updating to GP8.0 (without SP3), but somehow it is missing.

2) When I login to GP8.0 after installing it and running GP Utilities,
I get an error message saying that the Manufacturing files were not
installed. I have already installed the Manufacturing additional
product before running GP Utilities.

3) When I login to GP8.0 after installing it and running GP Utilities,
I get an error message saying that I need to run a WIP Reconcile and
that running an Inventory Reconcile will damage the data.

4) On a more general note, what is the exact order (or does it matter)
that I should be installing GP8.0, installing additional products (i.e.
Manufacturing, Fixed Assets, Canadian Payroll, etc), installing the
latest GP service pack, running Perform Special Upgrade in GP
Utilities, and running the Canadian Payroll Upgrade Utility. The
documentation isn't really clear to me on this, especially since we
already have the additional products installed in the database.

Any and all assistance and ideas would be greatly appreciated. Let me
know if there is any additional information you would like.

Thanks,
Peter

I don’t know all the ins and outs for the additional products you mentioned,
but here is a general overview of what we did.  We installed just the Great
Plains 8.0 client/server install with no additional products.  We then ran
the SP install before we ever launched Great Plains or Great Plains Utilities
(and possible some hotfixes).  We then launched utilities and let it update
the databases to 8.0.  After that we went back and installed some additional
products.  Note- you may need to launch the client without actually logging
in.  This will add the new products to the set file so that the SP will
realize it needs to update it, but you do not want to login until you install
the SP again.  We then reran the SP install (and possible some hotfixes).  We
then ran utilities and ran the “perform special upgrade”.
Obviously I am leaving out a lot of the steps we had to go through.  I am
only trying to give a general overview.  As always please make sure to test
with your environment (as it sounds like you are).  It sounds like you have,
but I would also look at the PDF for the upgrade
(https://mbs.microsoft.com/downloads/customer/GreatPlainsSQLUpdate80.pdf),
your additional products, and SP3
(https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/servicepacks/GP80ServicePack3.htm).  Note that on that last site it says...

"If you are currently running a previous release of Microsoft Business
Solutions-Great Plains or Great Plains Standard and plan to update to Release
8.0, Service Pack 3 is required for the update and MUST be installed prior to
launching Release 8.0 Utilities. Once the update is complete, Service Pack 3
must be installed again to update all other additional products.  Refer to
page 19 in the Installation Guide for additional service pack installation
steps if updating from a previous release."

I hope this helps and does not add more complexity to it...

"Peter" wrote:

> I am trying to upgrade a test server to GP8.0 SP3 from GP7.5 SP6. I
> have run into several issues, and although I have resolved some of them
> (i.e. can't have IDENTITY column in any tables that's not named
> DEX_ROW_ID), there's a few I am still having trouble with. I am
> installing GP8.0 into a separate directory on the server.
>
> 1) When I run the Perform Special Upgrade in GP Utilities after
> installing SP3, I get a "Invalid column name DAYTOEXP" error. Looking
> at a SQL profiler trace of this, I can see that it is failing when
> recreating the IVR10015 table. I checked our live server and there is
> no DAYTOEXP column in the IVR10015 table so I'm guessing it must get
> added when updating to GP8.0 (without SP3), but somehow it is missing.
>
> 2) When I login to GP8.0 after installing it and running GP Utilities,
> I get an error message saying that the Manufacturing files were not
> installed. I have already installed the Manufacturing additional
> product before running GP Utilities.
>
> 3) When I login to GP8.0 after installing it and running GP Utilities,
> I get an error message saying that I need to run a WIP Reconcile and
> that running an Inventory Reconcile will damage the data.
>
> 4) On a more general note, what is the exact order (or does it matter)
> that I should be installing GP8.0, installing additional products (i.e.
> Manufacturing, Fixed Assets, Canadian Payroll, etc), installing the
> latest GP service pack, running Perform Special Upgrade in GP
> Utilities, and running the Canadian Payroll Upgrade Utility. The
> documentation isn't really clear to me on this, especially since we
> already have the additional products installed in the database.
>
> Any and all assistance and ideas would be greatly appreciated. Let me
> know if there is any additional information you would like.
>
> Thanks,
> Peter

0
JohnM (106)

GP8
Where in the set up for an Item or MO are the Labor Codes specified? I have labor variances hitting a GL account specified only in the Labor Codes. I cannot find in the item, item class or any item maintenance card this GL account specified. The account credited is ONLY specified in a Labor Code. I also can't determine how the Labor Code is allocated to the Item / MO. The GL account is credited whenever an MO is closed. Help? Look at the routing sequence for the finished good item. The labor codes are there. "GPI" wrote: > Where in the set up for an Item or MO are th...

OMA problem
I'm running a 2003 SBS server with oma & owa enabled. I have set up 2 accounts which have exact same properties and user rights, and yes.... mailboxes. Both belong to Mobile User Group. First account can access the oma with cellular phone, however the other gets: "Item no longer exists. The item you are attempting to access may have been deleted or moved. Home " message everytime. Both theese accounts passes the authentication according the event viewer. Both of theese accounts CAN USE owa however.....with no problem at all. This is driving me nuts...... Anyone knows what...

free/busy breaks after upgrade
We're in the process of upgrading our Outlook 2003 users to Outlook 2007. On the back-end we're running all Exchange 2007 (SP1). We've started to see that after an in-place upgrade, the user can no longer see free/busy info, just /////// hash marks. I know that Outlook 2003 uses public folders to access free/busy, whereas Outlook 2007 uses the autodiscover availability service. Is it possible that the newly upgraded client is still trying to the access public folders? So far the only way to resolve the issue is to delete and recreate the profile in Outlook. I guess it...

Money Problems & The Grand Unified Problem Solver
You may come up with some useful financial ideas at the Grand Unified Problem Solver at www.grandsolver.com - especially take a look at the "Unemployment" section. Take care, - Jeff ...

OMA problem #4
I have one user account who receives the message "Unable to connect to your mailbox on server XXX. Please try again later. If the problem persists contact your administrator." The following event is generated in the event log: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeOMA Event Category: (1000) Event ID: 1805 Date: 15/06/2006 Time: 3:16:43 PM User: N/A Computer: XXX Description: Request from user <xxx> resulted in the Microsoft(R) Exchange back-end server MERCURYS01 returning an HTTP error with status code 403 All other accounts can access OMA without any problem. Any i...

cumulative line chart problems
i have a table with 36 columns defined as 'table'. column B has th date, column D has the 'delivery group' ( there are 7 potentia delivery groups), column AB has planned men on and AC has actual me on. This sheet is done weekly so there will be up to 7 dates in colum B. What I need is a line chart showing the dates for this week along the axis, and cumulative/running totals for each day for planned men on an actual men on (one line for each) starting from the earliest date o the source sheet. But this is only for the "SMEP Projects" deliver group. There will be ...

GP8 and Vista
Hi, Is Vista supported on GP8. Iask because I got the following scenarios from my client: I’m trying to install Great Plains onto a new PC but having issues. I normally do a generic install off the CD. I then copy across the GP folder off my PC as it has service packs etc on it . I then launch GP and it asks to add the code ie. CNK files etc. Every time I have a new PC I do this and all is good. The only thing that is different on this PC (notebook) I’m currently working on is that it has Windows Vista Business. It looks like it is adding the code and I can then log into GP but doesn’t ...

WMP 9.0 Core dowload
I have WMP 9.0 in XP. When I visit a particular web site (one that I trust), I get a pop-up on every page where a video/music is played. The pop-up says that Windows Media Player Core should be downloaded and installed. There is no reference to the version of WMP. What is WMP Core? Is this pertinent to XP SP2? What does it do and are there any side-effects? The only reference I found on Microsoft was to WMP 10 and 11. Thank you for any info. What's the exact text of the message? It sounds bogus to me. There is no Windows Media Player Core, really. -- Speak...

Problem with Conditional format deletion
I have the followint formula in a conditional format. =ROW()=ROW(INDIRECT(CELL("address"))) I remember getting it from this group, it highlights the active cell in yellow. I cannot delete it and I believe it will not allow me to copy and paste data about the spreadsheet. I need to delete as I need to copy and paste more than I need the active cell highlighted. Hi if you want to highlight always the active cell you need VBA. See: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/excelM.htm#HighlightActiveCell -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany <mark@southwestconst.com> schrieb im Newsbei...

Outlook2003 problems. #2
I have OL2003 on both a laptop and office machine at home. OL is set identically on both machines and the email accounts (Two) are set the same as well. my problem is that my office machine will not send onto one account. the laptop sends fine. could it be a setting in Norton? Also last weekend we seem to have lost 6/7 mails from customers who claim to have mailed orders and not recieved any bounce back but we also recieved no emails. is this normal it was with two isp's. log onto the server with an applications such as Magic Mail Monitor ( http://mmm3.sourceforge.net/) and see if an...

Send Email CRM 3.0
Hello, I have created a new entity and linked it to Case. This new entity has a frame inside which display a report when the form is loading. I would like to extend this functionality in order to send the new report created by email to a client. Can anyone tell me where I can find the report (maybe in temporary files) and how do I create a new email using javascript, attach the report, pass the recipient name and send it? Is there a documentation or does anyone has one to show how this can be done? Many Thanks, Marius Z ...

Memory slot 0 in Windows CE 5.0
Hello, I have a doubt on Windows CE 5.0 Memory Architecture.... why is necessary to clone the SLOTn assigned to a process into the SLOT0 when the process is running ? Thanks, Paolo One of the reasons is the following: pratically each application uses one or more DLL; a DLL typically has some read only section (code) which can be shared between several applications and read/write section (data) which is not shared because it is different form application to application. The read only section is mapped at the same physical address for every application while the data reside i...

License problem
Hi, I took accidentally all Licenses of all users (also with administrator). I cannot access any more CRM. How and where can I assign License to the user? Dimitri Have you tried the user that ws used to originally install the application? That user is gratned a special license that you can't remove though normal means. It should still have access to the system. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 08:47:04 -0800, "Dimitri" <Dimitri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Hi, I...

2.0
Currently I have one store with 1.2 Store Op and no service plan. I am opening another store in a few weeks with 2 lanes and I also need a HQ. Since I heard that 2.0 will not be shipping before March, what should I get? A 2 lane versions of 1.3 and a 1.3 HQ? If I get these 1.3s, do I have to upgrade the existing 1.2? Eventually I'd like to get everything upgraded to 2.0. whatever you do - version wise - everything will have to be on the same version otherwise the data will not flow between hq and stores. 2.0 is shipping from nex week in the UK so you shouldnt have any issues gettin...

Configuring SQL Server Reporting Services failed during 4.0 upgrade Options
I posted this in CRM Deployment, but now answers so far: Hello All, Had gotten the error message that "Configuring SQL Server Reporting Services failed - the user or group name DOMAIN\User1 is not recognized." during a 3.0 to 4.0 upgrade in TEST environment. I choose ignore and the upgrade ran through. I identified that a former developer had assigned Publisher rights at the home level within SRS. The developers account name has changed since then. Now there are no reports listed when choosing the REPORTS within CRM. There was also the error below in the app log. Any ideas how to p...

T2COLE problem
Hi! I have some problem with T2COLE macro. Begining of function is: { USES_CONVERSION; CString put; put = m_put + "sablon.htm"; LPCOLESTR lpKonvert = T2COLE(put); .. .. .. } but when I try to compile this code I get this messages: error C2065: 'USES_CONVERSION' : undeclared identifier error C2065: 'T2COLE' : undeclared identifier error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from 'int' to 'const unsigned short *' Can anyone can help me to solve this problem! Thank you! "Peda" <ena-mona@eunet.yu> wrote in message ne...

Problem with Shared Workbooks
I've created a Shared Workbook on a network drive. Normally it works fine, but sometimes when I open it, I get the message "File is Locked. In order to save changes to the file, you can either close the file before making any changes and then re-open it, use Save-As to save the file using another Filename, or turn off Shared Workbooks and then save the file." BUT after clicking OK I can't do anything. I can't even close the file - I have to shutdown Excel (losing any other unsaved work that may have been open). Other times when I open the file I get the same m...

email notification when task is complete in CRM3.0
Is it possible to create an email notification when a "crm activity task" is completed/closed. Scenario: I'm a sales manager and I create tasks for my sales people on a daily basis to perform certain follow up activities in CRM. Basically I would like to receive an email (or have my associate receive an email) when my sales people complete these activities. I don't want to go to each sales person and view a list of open or closed activities by sales person. Is there an easy (off the shelf) way of doing this in MSCRM 3.0? Thanks, Benny Hi Benny, You can add a W...

List of current Dynamics GP 9.0 users logged in
I know that the user can go to Tools-Utilities-System-User Activity to find out who is logged into Dynamics. Our system administrator states that this can only be set up using the sa password so our accounting department needs to call him every time they want to know this information (this is a lack of user license issue; we are too cheap to buy the amount we need). Is there any way to have the system administrator set up a proxy password that will enable the user to see who is in the system? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. -- Dave Christman System Developer You can create a SmartLi...

WinME problem w/GridCtrl and FlexGrid
I get a unsupported operation on DoDataExchange(CDataExchange* pDX) on WindowME with both grid32.ocx and msflxgrd.ocx. Is this a problem w/ME and how do you get around this to initialize the grid? ...

setting a default value for a field (GP8)
Here's an easy one .. I hope. There is a field on the Customer Maintenance Card called Priority - which is set to "None" by default. How can I change the default to another value (ex. 5). We require that this value be set when creating a new account, but it is often overlooked, and making the field "required" does not help as there is already a default. Thank you, Maria. Its setup in the Customer Class. I don't remember seeing it in the RM Setup. -- Microsoft Dynamics GP MVP http://ddelprado.blogspot.com "Maria" wrote: > Here's an easy ...

Suppress "0" in numeric text box
Hi, I'm using Access via XP Office Pro on Windows 7. I have a text box control that enables me to enter my check number. The check number is a numeric field on the table. There is no default value in this control. However, when the form is displayed, there is a zero "0" in the check number field on the form. Is there a way to stop the zero from displaying on the form. If there is no check number (as some items are paid by credit card number) I would like the check number field blank. Thanks, Dennis -- Dennis On Wed, 5 May 2010 19:52:01 -0700, Den...

gP8 to gp10 upgrade
Hi, Having a problem when converting from 8 to 10 with a company database. Our 8.0 version is up to the latest service pack. I've been able to successfully migrate the database to a new server from sql2k to sql2005. Also, DYNAMICS successfully migrated. When I try to convert the company it fails on the inventory master, some manufacturing and other tables. Here's what I get when I query the conversion log. IV00101 270 0 121 -5 Table (DIAMD.dbo.IV00101) did not have the correct structure prior to the conversion of this table. ...

cashdraw problem
cash draw connected to star tsp600 does not open before printing receipt but after closing RMS. help please watto24, Assuming you are using the OPOS drivers. Go to the folder you extracted your Star OPOS drivers to, usually \Star\Drivers\opos_win32yyyymmdd\ double click on the cashdrawer folder and run setup.exe Make sure the names match here and in RMS -- * "watto24" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:249301c47016$c52479f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... cash draw connected to star tsp600 does not open before printing receipt but after closing RMS. help pl...

CRM 3.0 SQL 2005 Reporting Services Login Issues
Hello all, I have an issue with my Microsoft CRM 3.0 Evironment in which I am unable to run reports. My setup is as follows: 1. Server: Active Directory, Exchange, CRM 3.0, SQL 2005, SQL RS 2005 all on the same box. (Single Server). Windows server 2003 R2 2. Reporting Services Installed and accessible through IIS/Browser Under default web site port 80 3. CRM website installed and accessible under it's own site in IIS on port 5555 I am able to access the url: http://localhost/Reports and / ReportServer both locally (on the server) and remotely from client machines. However, when I clic...