GP8.0 - Purchase Receipt showing in Work file and History File

Hi,

one of the user was posting a purchase receipt when its computer crashed.
this cause and issue because now each time we go to the PURCHASE ORDER
DOCUMENT INQUIRY screen, we get a PRIMARY KEY VIOLATION error

[Microsoft]ODBC Sql Server Driver SQL SERVER Violation of PRIMARY KEY
constraint PK##0300334. Cannot insert duplicate key in object dbo.##0300334.

then it says :

the stored procedure popSelectPoDocumentInquiry returned the following
results : DBMS: 2627, Great Plains:0.

i narrowed it down and i figured out that the Purchase receipt is showing in
both POP10600 and POP30300 which are the receipt workfile and history file.

i tried running a CHECKLINKS on all the purchasing department, and it did
not fix it. then i ran a RECONCILIATION on the erroneous purchase order, but
since it is the receipt that is failing, it does not fix this...

what should i do at this point ?
0
BG1 (15)

GP8
Where in the set up for an Item or MO are the Labor Codes specified? I have labor variances hitting a GL account specified only in the Labor Codes. I cannot find in the item, item class or any item maintenance card this GL account specified. The account credited is ONLY specified in a Labor Code. I also can't determine how the Labor Code is allocated to the Item / MO. The GL account is credited whenever an MO is closed. Help? Look at the routing sequence for the finished good item. The labor codes are there. "GPI" wrote: > Where in the set up for an Item or MO are th...

GP8 and Vista
Hi, Is Vista supported on GP8. Iask because I got the following scenarios from my client: I’m trying to install Great Plains onto a new PC but having issues. I normally do a generic install off the CD. I then copy across the GP folder off my PC as it has service packs etc on it . I then launch GP and it asks to add the code ie. CNK files etc. Every time I have a new PC I do this and all is good. The only thing that is different on this PC (notebook) I’m currently working on is that it has Windows Vista Business. It looks like it is adding the code and I can then log into GP but doesn’t ...

WMP 9.0 Core dowload
I have WMP 9.0 in XP. When I visit a particular web site (one that I trust), I get a pop-up on every page where a video/music is played. The pop-up says that Windows Media Player Core should be downloaded and installed. There is no reference to the version of WMP. What is WMP Core? Is this pertinent to XP SP2? What does it do and are there any side-effects? The only reference I found on Microsoft was to WMP 10 and 11. Thank you for any info. What's the exact text of the message? It sounds bogus to me. There is no Windows Media Player Core, really. -- Speak...

One report
Is it possible to run a report and have it create multiple outputs based on customer record? The 'multiple' output could be PDF or Excel files. Any ideas would be appreciated. Kelvin KLP wrote: > Is it possible to run a report and have it create multiple outputs > based on customer record? The 'multiple' output could be PDF or > Excel files. > > Any ideas would be appreciated. > > Kelvin Normally one would use a loop mechanism to output them as individula reports each one filtered on a customer. -- Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP Email (as appr...

delete an unsent read receipt for account that doesn't exist
I accidently said to send a read receipt for a message that was received on an email account that no longer exists. Outlook is now constantly trying to send the receipt, but it won't go through since the email account is not in outlook anymore, so a dialog box is popping up all the time. I can't see the read receipt in order to delete it. Thanks much for any help ...

How do I get a washed out picture showing behind the text
I am using publisher 2003 and I am trying to design a calendar. I would like a washed out picture showing under the calender template, can anyone help? Go to the Master page, Ctrl+m, insert your picture, select color on the toolbar (looks like a bar chart), select wash out. If you are using a calendar wizard you will have to give your text boxes no fill. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "MaryB" <MaryB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1864E3B8-985E-44B6-823C-F98A45F54A6D@microsoft.co...

Send Email CRM 3.0
Hello, I have created a new entity and linked it to Case. This new entity has a frame inside which display a report when the form is loading. I would like to extend this functionality in order to send the new report created by email to a client. Can anyone tell me where I can find the report (maybe in temporary files) and how do I create a new email using javascript, attach the report, pass the recipient name and send it? Is there a documentation or does anyone has one to show how this can be done? Many Thanks, Marius Z ...

Receipt Formats
Got me another puzzle I cannot figure out. I bet someone out there has a solution. I want my 40 column receipts to have customer phone #s and to not print "ship to". I can get it to do one or the other, but not both at the same time. Anyone know how I can get my cake and eat it too? You all are great. Microsoft certainly pulled a coup here-- getting you folks to make up for their lack of clarity and documentation. Thanks again Gary >-----Original Message----- >Gary, > >Find one attached. > >-- >* >"Gary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft...

Excel Files Open Slow
I used to use WinME with Office 2000. When I'd open an excel file it would be slow due to a request for a virus scan. There was a fix for this that in made a change to the registry. It was "regsvr32 /u c:\program files\norton antivirus\officeav.dll" I am now using WinXP and the slow opening is again with me. When I enter the command in the start/run window I get a response it cannot find regsvr32. Can anyone help me with this problem. I want to stop the virus scan on open. Thanks, Don Jacobs You definitely should have that program in your WINDOWS\system32 folder. ...

archive not working
We are having company wide archiving issues. We are on Exchange 2003 SP2 and users are mixed Office XP and Office 2003. I have posted the question before on this and it looks like there is an issue with modify date. I am not sure if this will help with modify date, but we are using VERITAS as our backup and Exchange agent that will log in to every mailbox and backup email by email. Does the agent modify the emails date then? Before I take it to the Microsoft support and spend money, can someone help explain why this is going on and why can't we archive. No error messages are generat...

My Live Meeting outlook add-in does not show up.
I have installed the Live Meeting Outlook add-in but for some reason it does not show up. Not sure what is going on? -- Chandana Hathi HArd to help without know what version of Outlook and what version of Windows. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Chandana_MS asked: | I have installed the Live Meeting Outlook add-in but for some reason | it does not show up. Not sure what is goin...

Memory slot 0 in Windows CE 5.0
Hello, I have a doubt on Windows CE 5.0 Memory Architecture.... why is necessary to clone the SLOTn assigned to a process into the SLOT0 when the process is running ? Thanks, Paolo One of the reasons is the following: pratically each application uses one or more DLL; a DLL typically has some read only section (code) which can be shared between several applications and read/write section (data) which is not shared because it is different form application to application. The read only section is mapped at the same physical address for every application while the data reside i...

2.0
Currently I have one store with 1.2 Store Op and no service plan. I am opening another store in a few weeks with 2 lanes and I also need a HQ. Since I heard that 2.0 will not be shipping before March, what should I get? A 2 lane versions of 1.3 and a 1.3 HQ? If I get these 1.3s, do I have to upgrade the existing 1.2? Eventually I'd like to get everything upgraded to 2.0. whatever you do - version wise - everything will have to be on the same version otherwise the data will not flow between hq and stores. 2.0 is shipping from nex week in the UK so you shouldnt have any issues gettin...

file zilla API to upload file
Dear friends How to use filezilla API to upload file. Please give me any link or required code Thanks in advance deep On May 13, 5:16=A0pm, Deep <vinod...@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear friends > > =A0How to use filezilla API to upload file. > Please give me any link or required code > > Thanks in advance > deep how does this connected to asp by the way? ...

Why can't I save my file, says its "folder is marked as read only
I'm using it through the citrix access platform via my school and I can't save it to my computer, it keeps giving me the "folder is marked as read only" message. ...

Configuring SQL Server Reporting Services failed during 4.0 upgrade Options
I posted this in CRM Deployment, but now answers so far: Hello All, Had gotten the error message that "Configuring SQL Server Reporting Services failed - the user or group name DOMAIN\User1 is not recognized." during a 3.0 to 4.0 upgrade in TEST environment. I choose ignore and the upgrade ran through. I identified that a former developer had assigned Publisher rights at the home level within SRS. The developers account name has changed since then. Now there are no reports listed when choosing the REPORTS within CRM. There was also the error below in the app log. Any ideas how to p...

email notification when task is complete in CRM3.0
Is it possible to create an email notification when a "crm activity task" is completed/closed. Scenario: I'm a sales manager and I create tasks for my sales people on a daily basis to perform certain follow up activities in CRM. Basically I would like to receive an email (or have my associate receive an email) when my sales people complete these activities. I don't want to go to each sales person and view a list of open or closed activities by sales person. Is there an easy (off the shelf) way of doing this in MSCRM 3.0? Thanks, Benny Hi Benny, You can add a W...

Deleted Distribution Lists (OL2003) still show...how do I completely delete??
I had created a DL in OUTLOOK 2003. It had a list of people from my address book. I decided I wanted to completely change the name of the DL. I removed each individual person and then DELETED (using CTRL+D) the DL from my CONTACTS folder. My company uses and EXCHANGE GAL for addresses, but this DL was in my personal AB. Everytime I go back into e-mail in the TO: box, and I type the first 1, 2 or 3 letters of a name (which was similar to the DL I had created), it keeps showing the DL in the TO box, even though it is empty and has been deleted. How do I get the DL to be COMPLETELY GONE? M...

List of current Dynamics GP 9.0 users logged in
I know that the user can go to Tools-Utilities-System-User Activity to find out who is logged into Dynamics. Our system administrator states that this can only be set up using the sa password so our accounting department needs to call him every time they want to know this information (this is a lack of user license issue; we are too cheap to buy the amount we need). Is there any way to have the system administrator set up a proxy password that will enable the user to see who is in the system? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. -- Dave Christman System Developer You can create a SmartLi...

Phone Number not showing in GAL
I'm running Exchange 2003/Outlook 2003. I put a phone number in a users "Telephone Number" field in AD, It does not show up in the user for the GAL. I let replication take place. Anything else I could look for? Thanks Rick On 3 Jul 2006 05:54:50 -0700, "Rick" <drummer10980@gmail.com> wrote: >I'm running Exchange 2003/Outlook 2003. I put a phone number in a users >"Telephone Number" field in AD, It does not show up in the user for the >GAL. I let replication take place. Anything else I could look for? > >Thanks >Rick There are s...

Problem withj Money 2005 file
Hello all, Faithful liscensed user of Money 2005 Premium (and 2004, 2003 and 2002). I really like the program, but in the last few days have been having this problem. When I open my money file, it appears to open, and then it closes right away. I can see my data for like a second, then money shutsdown. No error message. I have run the salvage utility (both levels). I end up restoring from my autobackup and I can work for a while, but then it starts up again with the same action described above. My money file is about 16MB (I am not sure if that is too big?). I use passport login and...

Converting a PageMaker file into Publisher
Does anyone know how to convert a PageMaker file into Publisher? If so, I would greatly appreciate any help you could offer. Thanks, Jesse I don't have PageMaker but........ I take it that copy and paste is not what you had in mind? (Do you have PageMaker on your system? What file formats can you export to or save as?) "Jesse" <sublime9796@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:09c501c3fb0d$67e19710$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to convert a PageMaker file into > Publisher? If so, I would greatly appreciate any help you > could offer. Thanks, > Jes...

Show Random Mail
Hi, is it possible to let Outlook show a random Mail from a folder ? Could this be solved by a user-defined View ? Random Mails from a folder should be chosen in order to find winners of a game. Regards Ralf Abele ...

setting a default value for a field (GP8)
Here's an easy one .. I hope. There is a field on the Customer Maintenance Card called Priority - which is set to "None" by default. How can I change the default to another value (ex. 5). We require that this value be set when creating a new account, but it is often overlooked, and making the field "required" does not help as there is already a default. Thank you, Maria. Its setup in the Customer Class. I don't remember seeing it in the RM Setup. -- Microsoft Dynamics GP MVP http://ddelprado.blogspot.com "Maria" wrote: > Here's an easy ...

Suppress "0" in numeric text box
Hi, I'm using Access via XP Office Pro on Windows 7. I have a text box control that enables me to enter my check number. The check number is a numeric field on the table. There is no default value in this control. However, when the form is displayed, there is a zero "0" in the check number field on the form. Is there a way to stop the zero from displaying on the form. If there is no check number (as some items are paid by credit card number) I would like the check number field blank. Thanks, Dennis -- Dennis On Wed, 5 May 2010 19:52:01 -0700, Den...