GP8 Manufacturing - Work Center Calendars

Hello Everybody.

Our Shop works 5 days a week (closed weekends).

We have a WC that works 6 days a week (down Sundays only).

We have setup both the Shop and WC Calendars to reflect this reality.

We would expect that, when scheduling an MO that routes thru this WC,
the WC calendar will override the Shop Calendar?

However, our tests are not showing this to be true -
We use a Backwards Infinite Scheduling Method and it always skips the
weekend when calculating the start day of an MO regardless of the WC.

Does anyone have any experience working with the WC Calendars?
Please share your wisdom.

Thank you,
Maria.

0
Maria1 (236)

calendar lookup for payroll Build Check Start and End Dates of Pay
Rather than having to search through external records when Building Payroll Checks, could you add a calendar lookup to the pay period start and end date fields? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGr...

GP8
Where in the set up for an Item or MO are the Labor Codes specified? I have labor variances hitting a GL account specified only in the Labor Codes. I cannot find in the item, item class or any item maintenance card this GL account specified. The account credited is ONLY specified in a Labor Code. I also can't determine how the Labor Code is allocated to the Item / MO. The GL account is credited whenever an MO is closed. Help? Look at the routing sequence for the finished good item. The labor codes are there. "GPI" wrote: > Where in the set up for an Item or MO are th...

Calendar Control for Protected Sheets
For Excel 2003, I have a worksheet with two cells that have dates in them (f2 and f11). I insert the Calendar Control Object in the worksheet and insert this code for that worksheet: Private Sub Calendar1_Click() ActiveCell.Value = CDbl(Calendar1.Value) ActiveCell.Select End Sub Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Not Application.Intersect(Range("f2,f11"), Target) Is Nothing Then Calendar1.Left = Target.Left + Target.Width - Calendar1.Width Calendar1.Top = Target.Top + ...

email view with calendar?
Hi Is it possible to view mails and see calendar e.g. on right in Outlook 2003? -------------------------------------- | E-mail | Inbox | mail src | calendar! | | |-------| | | | |-------| | | | |-------| | | | |-------| | | | |-------| | | | |-------| | | -------------------------------------- -- Greg Greg <gd@logium.pl> wrote: > Is it possible t...

scheduling bills
Hi, Can anyone tell me, why when I have scheduled bill as twice a month occurence the next payment date is moved one day forward? I.e. if I have scheduled a bill to be payed on 3/31/2006 so I suppose the next payment on 4/14/2006, but the calendar & bills summary shows the next payday on one day later (program starts to count 14 days the day after the last payment - but it moves the payments to Saturday - in this example)? Try changing the bill schedule to every other week. Cindy No idea why, but I have consistently had the same problem. I get around it by creating two sched...

calendar sharing
hello all, I have two domains with separate exchange 2003 servers, for example sake; aa.com and bb.com - both have real resolvable dns entries on the public internet and all services e.g mail and OWA etc are working and are stable (separately) A requirement exists for one user on each domain to be able to see the calendar of the other, is internet calendar sharing via the windows office website and the delays therein the only way to share calendars ? (No edit or change permission is required, just view) Ideally it would be nice to be able to have changes pushed to the ...

GP8 and Vista
Hi, Is Vista supported on GP8. Iask because I got the following scenarios from my client: I’m trying to install Great Plains onto a new PC but having issues. I normally do a generic install off the CD. I then copy across the GP folder off my PC as it has service packs etc on it . I then launch GP and it asks to add the code ie. CNK files etc. Every time I have a new PC I do this and all is good. The only thing that is different on this PC (notebook) I’m currently working on is that it has Windows Vista Business. It looks like it is adding the code and I can then log into GP but doesn’t ...

Calendar responses not going to calendar
I am using Outlook 2003 Pro version. I sent out a notice from my home calendar to numerous people on various networks and when they are responding, I can see that they are accepting or declining, etc but it doesn't move their response to my calendar. Is this correct or should it work as if I were in the office with them calendaring and responses moving to the appointment for tracking purposes? If the responses contain the TNEF data, outlook will process them and add them to the appointment's tracking tab. When sending through POP or IMAP servers, the TNEF data may be...

Calendar Problems #3
I am trying to delete an entry from one of my users calendar and it is not letting me. I cannot delete of modify it in any way, is there a tool that will allow me to delete corrupt calendar entries without logging in as the user. This is a recurring event and I found an article stating that he may have too many recurring events. I will delete some if I have to but if some can let me know a better way. Thank you. You might try using OWA, or, if you can find it, an old Exchange 4.0 or 5.0 client. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" ...

Manufacturing order from sales order
All of my company's manufactured items are set to Silent MO generation. We are seeing that MO are not getting generated randomly for some sales lines at time although there is no inventory. If so, I would like a way to generate the missing MO on a sales order basis rather than go to each line on the sales order and generate the MO there. We have hundreds of lines on sales orders and at times, this can be very difficult. You can go to the MOP/SOP Link window via the Transactions menu, enter the Item Number and Site ID, and then either attach a back order quantity to an existing M...

How much space do Calendar entries take?
Hi all- I'm struggling with capacity limits in Exchange 5.5 standard. How much space do Calendar entries take up in the priv info store? Are old entries ever purged? If not, what happens several years from now? Would it free up any meaningful resources to purge old years' calendar entries on everybody's mailbox? Thanks for your comments. They won't go away on their own, they will simply continue to increase the mailbox size. You can use the mailbox manager (located in the support directory of service pack 4) to clean up old calendar appointments, tasks, journal etc quite ea...

setting a default value for a field (GP8)
Here's an easy one .. I hope. There is a field on the Customer Maintenance Card called Priority - which is set to "None" by default. How can I change the default to another value (ex. 5). We require that this value be set when creating a new account, but it is often overlooked, and making the field "required" does not help as there is already a default. Thank you, Maria. Its setup in the Customer Class. I don't remember seeing it in the RM Setup. -- Microsoft Dynamics GP MVP http://ddelprado.blogspot.com "Maria" wrote: > Here's an easy ...

How do you create a calendar drop down in excel?
Does anyone know how you would create a calendar drop down box in excel? See http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Create a calendar drop down box" <Create a calendar drop down box@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75684626-9819-4D93-8ADD-735D02359A74@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know how you would create a calendar drop down box in excel? ...

PERPETUAL CALENDAR
hi i want to use a perpetual calendar on my macro for calculate, example, the work days of some years. Someone can send me an example? thanks i need to calculate the number of work days (monday>friday) from two date "Disperso" <disperso@disperso.disperso> ha scritto nel messaggio news:kuI%c.3677$LV3.6278@nntpserver.swip.net... > hi > i want to use a perpetual calendar on my macro for calculate, example, the > work days of some years. > Someone can send me an example? > > thanks > > There's an =Networkdays() function that may help you. Tak...

gP8 to gp10 upgrade
Hi, Having a problem when converting from 8 to 10 with a company database. Our 8.0 version is up to the latest service pack. I've been able to successfully migrate the database to a new server from sql2k to sql2005. Also, DYNAMICS successfully migrated. When I try to convert the company it fails on the inventory master, some manufacturing and other tables. Here's what I get when I query the conversion log. IV00101 270 0 121 -5 Table (DIAMD.dbo.IV00101) did not have the correct structure prior to the conversion of this table. ...

Calendar
Is there any way to have a pop-up calendar in a cell from wheich to select a date? (XL2003) Jeff Hi BT Connect, See Ron de Bruin at: http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm --- Regards, Norman "BT Connect" <jeff.granger@btclick.com> wrote in message news:AMKdneBHdpHvSPTZnZ2dnUVZ8qKdnZ2d@bt.com... > Is there any way to have a pop-up calendar in a cell from wheich to select > a date? (XL2003) > > Jeff > Brilliant! Many thanks Norman "Norman Jones" <normanjones@whereforartthou.com> wrote in message news:%23Cnqz5OeGHA.218...

Primary Calendar after Exmerge merge
Hi I have migrated alot of mailboxes with Exmerge and it worked fine. The problem I´m having is that I get two calendar icons. One that is called Calendar and Kalender (Calendar in swedish). All old calendar entrys are in the Calendar folder but the primary Calendar folder is Kalender. So... How do I set the Calendar folder as Primary calendar folder or how do I move all calender entrys from the calendar folder to the kalender folder? Thanx alot! :) Best Regards Freddie You could start outlook with the ResetFolderNames or ResetFolders switch. Look into this document for more info...

Any word on release of GP8.5?
A while ago, last year I think, I saw a document from Microsoft on committing to a major release of Great Plains every 2 years and minor release in the off years. Since 8.0 was released last year should we be expecting 8.5 this year? I don't see any mention of it in the Convergence conference agenda. Mike, Last document I saw said to expect GP 8.5 in the 4th calendar quarter of 2005. -- Victoria Yudin Microsoft MVP - Great Plains "Mike Kruchten" <mkruchten@fsisolutions.com> wrote in message news:eUJUIa4GFHA.2936@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... >A while ago, last y...

Calendar #
My calendar has the #3 in parentheses beside my calendar. What is that for? Does that mean I have 3 calendars? If so, how do I delete the others? I have Outlook 2003 The (3) is 3 unread items just like you see in your Inbox. In the Calendar, unread items are most likely Meeting Requests you need to open. Do that. Alternatively, right click the Calendar and click Mark all As Read. -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook "Kathy G" <KathyG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:306F86A8-5BC0-498E-9426-B4823C5B72CB@microsoft.com... > My...

Print a Year Calendar
Is there a way to have Outlook print a year's worth of Calendar. How about a third party program. Please email me at Mike@Elliottmail.com See if any of the 3rd party add-ins listed on the following page might suit your needs: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:9ab001c3eabf$26c58d80$a501280a@phx.gbl, Mike Elliott wrote: > Is there a way to have Outlook print a year's worth of > Calendar....

GP8.0 vs GP 5.5
can GP 8.0 and GP 5.5 co-exist in one machine (server)? running in SQL 2000 under WIN2003 S.E ...? Not if you are using the same SQL instance. Plus GP 5.5 system tasks may not work on SQL 2000. Each GP systems requires its own DYNAMICS database. Regards James "Heddy" <Heddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3949CAE5-40DC-489E-8D8B-E3609EFAF79C@microsoft.com... > can GP 8.0 and GP 5.5 co-exist in one machine (server)? running in SQL > 2000 > under WIN2003 S.E ...? James, I'm kinda lost in here,please bear with me... here is the scenario...

Error on manufacturing receipt
When I do a manufacturing receipt, I get a message that Cannot insert the value NULL into column Order_Policy table IVR10015 I can still proceed with the receipt but I want to know how to stop this error. ...

Project Calendar
Can you export the calendar view out of projects into excel and or outlook? Not easily to my knowledge. You could export the data to Excel, and then map it into a Calendar template - or perhaps use VBA. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > Can you export the calendar view out of projects into excel and or > outlook? > ...

calendar reminder error
Hi all, I am running Outlook 2003 Standard and connect to an exchange server. Everytime I add a new item to my Calendar and set a reminder I get the following error message: The reminder for "XXX" will not appear because the item is not in your Calendar or Tasks folder. Is this OK? Any ideas? I would like for the reminder to appear. TIA, Param Is this your default Calendar folder? If it is then start Outlook with the /resetfolders switch and see if that helps. Open Start, Run and type (without the quotes but with the space before the switch): "outlook.exe /resetfolders&quo...

Media center cant play TV after update
I updated a few days ago and now media center cannot do TV. I have the mediacenter edition so it all came preloaded. I would ike to either A- reinstall mediacenter with out doing a restore B-undo the last update C-try anything you suggest. I get no error messages. When I click anything that has to do with tv (recorded TV, live TV, configure TV) media center simply quits responding. Also, as long as I keep the "frozen" media center open, other things act up. For instance, the start menu won't disapear when I take the cursor away, I have to click the start button aga...