GP8 - Labor codes -

Where in the set up for an Item or MO are the Labor Codes specified?
I have labor variances hitting a GL account specified only in the Labor
Codes. I cannot find in the item, item class or any item maintenance card
this GL account specified.  The account credited is ONLY specified in a Labor
Code. I also can't determine how the Labor Code is allocated to the Item /
MO. The GL account is credited whenever an MO is closed. Help?
0
GPI (18)

Look at the routing sequence for the finished good item.  The labor codes are
there.

"GPI" wrote:

> Where in the set up for an Item or MO are the Labor Codes specified?
> I have labor variances hitting a GL account specified only in the Labor
> Codes. I cannot find in the item, item class or any item maintenance card
> this GL account specified.  The account credited is ONLY specified in a Labor
> Code. I also can't determine how the Labor Code is allocated to the Item /
> MO. The GL account is credited whenever an MO is closed. Help?
0
SteveChapman (349)
5/12/2006 10:22:02 PM
Yes, Labor Codes are associated with items in the Routings defined for the
items.  However, the actual labor codes and the values and absorbtion
accounts are defined in Cards->Manufacturing->Labor Codes.  Between these two
places, you should find your problem.

Richard L. Whaley
http://www.AccoladePublications.com
"Documentation for Software Users!"

"Steve Chapman" wrote:

> Look at the routing sequence for the finished good item.  The labor codes are
> there.
>
> "GPI" wrote:
>
> > Where in the set up for an Item or MO are the Labor Codes specified?
> > I have labor variances hitting a GL account specified only in the Labor
> > Codes. I cannot find in the item, item class or any item maintenance card
> > this GL account specified.  The account credited is ONLY specified in a Labor
> > Code. I also can't determine how the Labor Code is allocated to the Item /
> > MO. The GL account is credited whenever an MO is closed. Help?

VBA code to create multiple charts in a single Excel sheet
Hi, I need to create a macro in Access which creates a report in an excel sheet. The excel sheet needs to contain a number of sheets (Sheet 1,Sheet 2,Sheet 3....).Inside each Sheet around 9 charts have to be displayed. Please can somebody help me with some vba code for the same. Thanks, Sobha ...

In VBA, how do you format selected code all at once?
Hi all, In VBA, (the VBA inside Excel 2003), how do I do the following by key short-cuts? 1. Auto-Format selected codes; 2. Comment/Uncomment selected codes... Thank you! I'm not sure what you mean by your first question, but I can answer your second one... I don't think there is a keyboard shortcut available. However, you can add two buttons to the toolbar to make the task doable with a single mouse click. Click View/Toolbars/Customize from the VB editor's menu bar, click the Commands tab on the dialog box that appears, select Edit from the Categories list and then scroll...

How to create a "dynamic" sql code
Dear all, I am trying to bring some data from ms access to ms excel and I need to create a "dynamic" sql code . I have a form in excel with 4 checkbox: so se user can select: entity, division, scenario, period. After this excel will create a query in ms access to bring the data. The user can select: entity/division/scenario/period or entity/period or entity or division etc etc etc (a lot of combinations....) I did this sql code, but I don't know how do it following the user selection (this code is only if user select entity/division/scenario/ period at the sam...

How to resolve error code 8
Hi All My application is graphically intencive. and when I use the api function CreateCompatibleBitmap the function returns error code 8 which means I dont have enough memory, Even Though I installed 1 GB. I also increased the virtual memory usage to max of 4 GB. so I need to allocate more memory from windows by brute force and in the code. Could you please tell me how or refer me to an article or an example Thank You in Advance How big a bitmap are you requesting. Note that the amount of physical memory is unrelated to this problem; the amount of virtual memory matters. Show some ...

Can I automatically resize all controls in a Dialog without adding user codes
Dear All, Can I design a Dialog that automatically resizes all controls when the Dialog is being resized? Many thanks, Yes. You can resize or move them as you wish by handling OnSize of the dialog. SetWindowPos can be used to change the size and/or position. Here is a helpful link: http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/resizabledialog.asp --- Ajay No. You must explicitly take action on the OnSize handler to resize them. Sometimes, there are packages called "geometry managers" that make this fairly straightforward (check www.codeproject.com and www.codeguru.com for examples)...

Coding Issue
Morning and Happy New Year all. I am having an issue with a code I'm trying to use to change the back color of some text boxes I'm using on my form. The actual issue is not that the code is not working. It’s just only working with one text box. I would like to know how I would fix this code to change a group of numbers and not a series of numbers. i.e. "220, 222, 224, 226" - AND NOT - "220 To 226" Now, when I try and enter it in example A it does not allow the comma. Example B gives me an error because there are no odd numbers. I have tried changing th...

VBA
First let me send my thanks out to Pieter who has helped me a great deal on something else but that help has allowed me to get to this point, and Wolfgang who directed me to an MSDN site where I found the rest of what I needed for this one. Thanks to you all.. I have written the code below to run as a toggle from a command button and everything seems to work fine except displaying the changes to the properties of the commandbutton. Specifically the transparent property. The button should be transparent when the StartUp Options are set to secure the DB, and visible when the DB is unse...

Enable Macros & Disable Insert from code
Hi, 1. How to enable macros from the code? 2. How to disable insert and copy for this workbook? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. Regards, Giri 1. You don't, otherwise what would be the point. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Giri" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:762f01c430fd$42f491c0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > 1. How to enable macros from the code? > 2. How to disable insert and copy for this workbook? > > Any help ...

Replace Worksheetfunction.ln code
Morning, I want to replace the code "worksheetfunction.ln" with "math.log" in my code. Is this the same calculation? If not what piece of code should I be using. Thank you very much for your help, Michelle The math constand "e" is approximately 2.3. To get the exact value you use the ln(1). Ln and log are equivalent functions that give different results because the base is different. Ln the base is the constand "e", while log base is usually 10 but can be others bases. There are 3 functions in excel LN(Number), LOG(Number,Bas...

GP8 and Vista
Hi, Is Vista supported on GP8. Iask because I got the following scenarios from my client: I’m trying to install Great Plains onto a new PC but having issues. I normally do a generic install off the CD. I then copy across the GP folder off my PC as it has service packs etc on it . I then launch GP and it asks to add the code ie. CNK files etc. Every time I have a new PC I do this and all is good. The only thing that is different on this PC (notebook) I’m currently working on is that it has Windows Vista Business. It looks like it is adding the code and I can then log into GP but doesn’t ...

import into outline codes
can I import from Excel into Outline codes (not outline level) Hi Marylou, see my answer to your original post. Regards Barbara Am 03.03.2010 20:17, schrieb Marylou: > > can I import from Excel into Outline codes (not outline level) > Hi Barbara, thank you I did see your original post; however this was not my question. I already import outline levels. My question is: can I import into the customized outline code1; outline code2, etc thanks "Barbara - Austria" wrote: > Hi Marylou, > > see my answer to your original post. &g...

setting a default value for a field (GP8)
Here's an easy one .. I hope. There is a field on the Customer Maintenance Card called Priority - which is set to "None" by default. How can I change the default to another value (ex. 5). We require that this value be set when creating a new account, but it is often overlooked, and making the field "required" does not help as there is already a default. Thank you, Maria. Its setup in the Customer Class. I don't remember seeing it in the RM Setup. -- Microsoft Dynamics GP MVP http://ddelprado.blogspot.com "Maria" wrote: > Here's an easy ...

gP8 to gp10 upgrade
Hi, Having a problem when converting from 8 to 10 with a company database. Our 8.0 version is up to the latest service pack. I've been able to successfully migrate the database to a new server from sql2k to sql2005. Also, DYNAMICS successfully migrated. When I try to convert the company it fails on the inventory master, some manufacturing and other tables. Here's what I get when I query the conversion log. IV00101 270 0 121 -5 Table (DIAMD.dbo.IV00101) did not have the correct structure prior to the conversion of this table. ...

Any word on release of GP8.5?
A while ago, last year I think, I saw a document from Microsoft on committing to a major release of Great Plains every 2 years and minor release in the off years. Since 8.0 was released last year should we be expecting 8.5 this year? I don't see any mention of it in the Convergence conference agenda. Mike, Last document I saw said to expect GP 8.5 in the 4th calendar quarter of 2005. -- Victoria Yudin Microsoft MVP - Great Plains "Mike Kruchten" <mkruchten@fsisolutions.com> wrote in message news:eUJUIa4GFHA.2936@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... >A while ago, last y...

Control Code
If I had a Button what On Click code would I need to increase the date 1 day The text box [tbStartDate1] Thanks for any help.....Bob Hi Bob, A simple Me.tbStartDate1 = Me.tbStartDate1 +1 will do Regards Jacob "Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:Ot$CfjbxHHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... | | | If I had a Button what On Click code would I need to increase the date 1 day | The text box [tbStartDate1] | Thanks for any help.....Bob | | Thanks Jk havent heard from you for a while, Its my bet this year on the Mel Cup , we go 1/2s ;) Bob "JK" <...

GP8.0 vs GP 5.5
can GP 8.0 and GP 5.5 co-exist in one machine (server)? running in SQL 2000 under WIN2003 S.E ...? Not if you are using the same SQL instance. Plus GP 5.5 system tasks may not work on SQL 2000. Each GP systems requires its own DYNAMICS database. Regards James "Heddy" <Heddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3949CAE5-40DC-489E-8D8B-E3609EFAF79C@microsoft.com... > can GP 8.0 and GP 5.5 co-exist in one machine (server)? running in SQL > 2000 > under WIN2003 S.E ...? James, I'm kinda lost in here,please bear with me... here is the scenario...

error found code 646
please help! i tried to download all updates today-9 of them. all but 2 were successful. the other 2 came up with this code 646. the updates were microsoft works 8(kb977304)and office 2007 update for microsoft office infopath 2007(kb976416). i can't seem to update them. the license agreement won't come up when i hit the try again button. please help -- phyllis I am having the same problems.....sometimes I hate Micosoft. Any suggestions for me and Phlylis? "phyllis" wrote: > please help! i tried to download all updates today-9 of them. all but 2 were ...

No email stationery when through code
Hi I am creating email via code from access using below; Dim objOutlook As Outlook.Application Dim objOutlookMsg As Outlook.MailItem Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set objOutlookMsg = objOutlook.CreateItem(olMailItem) objOutlookMsg.To = "recepient@mydomain.com" objOutlookMsg.Subject = "Email Subject" objOutlookMsg.Body = "Dear abc..." objOutlookMsg.Display The problem is that the default signature that is set in outlook doe snot come up in the email. How can I fix it? Thanks Regards Am Sun, 17 Sep 2006 21:11:45 +0100 schri...

ODBC connections for GP8
hi, I setup an ODBC with ANSI null and warnings on -- OK for GP8 connection It's not OK if I turned them off in ODBC settings. I need to turn them off suggested by MS. Any ideas? Thanks ...

17 ways to Optimize VBA Code for FASTER Macros
Here is a summary of the article: 1. Analyze the Logic 2. Turn off ScreenUpdating 3. Turn off 'Automatic Calculations' 4. Disable Events 5. Hide Page breaks 6. Use 'WITH' statement 7. Use vbNullString instead of "" 8. Release memory of Object variables 9. Reduce the number of lines using colon(:) 10. Prefer constants 11. Avoid Unnecessary Copy and Paste 12. Clear the Clipboard after Paste 13. Avoid 'Macro Recorder'...

to use workday function in excel vba code
hi all, is there a way to use wrokday function in my worksheet controls.? i have a date time picker in my worksheet and a text box and a button. on click of this button i should get next desired date. like when i select a date from the calendar and click on button ther is onclick function in my macro. this onclick should calculate next desired date(assume if i choos 10/11/2005 and add 2 to this date i should get 12/11/2005) i know how to use workday function using a cell reference but................ i don't know how to put this into a vba code. if i use workday("10/11/2005&qu...

What wrong with the coding?
Does anyone have any suggestions on what wrong is the coding? If specific cell contains the text "ON", then keep processing the coding, else skip it and next. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix the coding at Error line? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric Sub aUpdating() Dim lngRow As Long, ws As Worksheet, wsDate As Worksheet Set wsDate = Sheets("Date") For lngRow = 2 To wsDate.Range("E1").Value If wsDate.Range("F" & IngRow).Value = "ON" Then ' Error on this line 'Do something End...

sum by coding without 0 #2
hi in the following program if there is no value in the cells a1 and b1 it returns 0 Public Sub Add2Cells() Range("C1").Value = Range("A1").Value + Range("B1").Value End Sub i need only the output if the both the cells have the data will you can tell me that Public Sub Add2Cells() If Range("A1").Value <> "" And .Range("B1").Value <> "" Then Range("C1").Value = Range("A1").Value + Range("B1").Value End If End Sub -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no ...

source code
In Outlook Express I was able to view my forwarded email & new email in "souce edit" view. How do I go about that in Live Mail? Your help is appreciated. Thanks "wmcook" <wmcook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D3287CC-4CA6-4E43-AE02-E3C02CD2334F@microsoft.com... > In Outlook Express I was able to view my forwarded email & new email in > "souce edit" view. > > How do I go about that in Live Mail? You don't. Try using WLWriter instead? Does its UI seem familiar? <eg> > &g...

Problem occurs while creating a new company in GP8.
I am using GP 8.0 in MS-SQL 2000, I used the Utility program to create a company with ID "WBS". The database and company was created but when I tried to open this company, I got the "Files for this company is not updated". Then I went to Utility program again and I found that there is no GREEN check mark to the left of my company name. Then, I select it and continue to do update but received the following error at the last two steps... "Entries haven't been made to all required fields..." How can I fix the problem, and why it happens? ...