GP8 - Difficulty deleting an inventoryitem/site combo

Hello.

I am trying to delete items at a specific site, and then delete the site.

I am down to my last item !! :)

... and get the following message:
This item/site record can't be deleted because an unposted trx exists for
this item at this site.

I cannot find this trx !!
Would anyone have some suggestions as to where to search? What SQL table(s)
to query?

(I'm thinking it may be a 'broken' trx and will try to run checklinks and
reconcile if/when I can get users off the system).

Thx in advance.
M.

0
Maria1 (236)

other things to check, purchase orders, PO Receiving transaction, sales
orders (even quotes), component on manufacturing order, parent on MO, quick
MOs...

BTW, if you are comming to Convergence in Orlando, visit us in booth 836.
And go to our web site to sign up for one great party aboard a cruise ship.
http://www.AccoladePublications.com

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

"Maria" wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I am trying to delete items at a specific site, and then delete the site.
>
> I am down to my last item !! :)
>
> .. and get the following message:
> This item/site record can't be deleted because an unposted trx exists for
> this item at this site.
>
> I cannot find this trx !!
> Would anyone have some suggestions as to where to search? What SQL table(s)
> to query?
>
> (I'm thinking it may be a 'broken' trx and will try to run checklinks and
> reconcile if/when I can get users off the system).
>
> Thx in advance.
> M.

0
info4071 (3004)

Deleting Transactions
Is there a recommendation for when you should delete transactions from your database??? Weekly, Monthly, Yearly. My store databases are CRAWLING, and we have almost a years worth of data at the store... I can recommend a couple of things that may help. First, stop the sql server process where your database is. Then defrag the harddrive that holds the database. Then start the sqlserver process. Start store ops administrator and reindex the database. I also ran Visual Defrag on a couple of our stores and all of the above made a difference to the performance of the system. I don'...

Can't delete new emails
I am currently unable to delete messages from my inbox. When I click delete, they do show up in my deleted folder (multiple times if I keep clicking), however they remain in my inbox. I have tried everything (highlighting multiple messages, using right click....) and nothing seems to work. ...

delete autocomplete file for email OL addresses
WIN XP HE SP1, OL 2002 SP3 HI, I know I can delete a file--which one I dt know--so that all of the email addresses I have used so far get deleted from autocomplete and the file starts fresh. Can anyone tell me the name of that file to delete? Tx, S It's a file with the extension of .NK2. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza http://www.cardozasolutions.com "saturnin...

GP8
Where in the set up for an Item or MO are the Labor Codes specified? I have labor variances hitting a GL account specified only in the Labor Codes. I cannot find in the item, item class or any item maintenance card this GL account specified. The account credited is ONLY specified in a Labor Code. I also can't determine how the Labor Code is allocated to the Item / MO. The GL account is credited whenever an MO is closed. Help? Look at the routing sequence for the finished good item. The labor codes are there. "GPI" wrote: > Where in the set up for an Item or MO are th...

GP8 and Vista
Hi, Is Vista supported on GP8. Iask because I got the following scenarios from my client: I’m trying to install Great Plains onto a new PC but having issues. I normally do a generic install off the CD. I then copy across the GP folder off my PC as it has service packs etc on it . I then launch GP and it asks to add the code ie. CNK files etc. Every time I have a new PC I do this and all is good. The only thing that is different on this PC (notebook) I’m currently working on is that it has Windows Vista Business. It looks like it is adding the code and I can then log into GP but doesn’t ...

delete an unsent read receipt for account that doesn't exist
I accidently said to send a read receipt for a message that was received on an email account that no longer exists. Outlook is now constantly trying to send the receipt, but it won't go through since the email account is not in outlook anymore, so a dialog box is popping up all the time. I can't see the read receipt in order to delete it. Thanks much for any help ...

Problem with Conditional format deletion
I have the followint formula in a conditional format. =ROW()=ROW(INDIRECT(CELL("address"))) I remember getting it from this group, it highlights the active cell in yellow. I cannot delete it and I believe it will not allow me to copy and paste data about the spreadsheet. I need to delete as I need to copy and paste more than I need the active cell highlighted. Hi if you want to highlight always the active cell you need VBA. See: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/excelM.htm#HighlightActiveCell -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany <mark@southwestconst.com> schrieb im Newsbei...

Enter Key Behavior in Combo Box
I have a series of combo boxes that the user will populate at runtime. I have trapped the "Enter" key to trigger the population code. However, the "Enter" key also moves the insertion point to the next combobox. I know I can alter Enter Key behavior for the whole database, but I would like be able to do it for the controls on one form which contains both text boxes and combo boxes. I still want to be able to use Tab to move through the controls but want to disable the tabbing effect of the Enter Key How can I do this? Thanks Dave Wetmore <dwetmore@citcom.net> wro...

Combo boxes #6
Does anyone know how to change the font size in a combo drop down lis box -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Insert the ComboBox control into your sheet then, rather tha right-clicking the control and choosing Properties, click th properties button on the Control Toolbox toolbar instead. About halfway down the list of properties you should see one entitle 'Font'. Click the ... button and select your font size -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Thank you, that worked but now I'm having trouble getting a list int the box so I can choose an Item ou...

Trying to delete info in a cell
I have 1 column of information with over a thousand rows of info. I want to just delete some info in the cell and keep the rest. Anyone have any idea how to do this? Here's an example of my info: AABERG 0.000 83.839 38738 AADLAND 0.000 87.245 58868 AAGAARD 0.000 85.690 48524 I want to delete all the numbers. Ay help woud be greatly appreciated. ASAP Utilities, a free Add-in available at www.asap-utilities.com has a built in feature that will strip out all numerical characters from a string. hth Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "E2K3Tek" wrote: >...

Deleted Distribution Lists (OL2003) still show...how do I completely delete??
I had created a DL in OUTLOOK 2003. It had a list of people from my address book. I decided I wanted to completely change the name of the DL. I removed each individual person and then DELETED (using CTRL+D) the DL from my CONTACTS folder. My company uses and EXCHANGE GAL for addresses, but this DL was in my personal AB. Everytime I go back into e-mail in the TO: box, and I type the first 1, 2 or 3 letters of a name (which was similar to the DL I had created), it keeps showing the DL in the TO box, even though it is empty and has been deleted. How do I get the DL to be COMPLETELY GONE? M...

Recovering Deleted Items
A couple of items have been deleted out of our HQ database by mistake and still exist on the store databases. Transactions now show up in reports without any associated item details. I'd like to reinsate the deleted items with the same ItemLookupCodes, but this will only create new records with different ID's - and so they will not match with the records at the store. I suppose I could edit the relevant ids in the HQ Item table and HQ ItemDynamic table, so that they have ids that match with the HQID on the Store Database. Has anyone tried to do this? Are there other linked table...

uploading website to a subfolder on the remote web site
There are two domains and the subdomain is supposed to go to a subfolder. The remote webste shows the subfolder and I selected it it. But the data transferred to the main folder. Do I need to create the same subdirectory on my computer in order to get it to do it or how do I otherwise direct it? If the website has FrontPage extensions, open the remote site in FrontPage. The subfolder on the server should be converted into a subweb (right click on the folder and choose "Convert to web", then publish the subdomain to the subweb. If using FTP, then set the folder you...

Outlook message cannot be deleted
I forwarded a message with a large zip file (8MB)and it will not leave the outbox. When I try and open it I get the message "Can't open this item. Outlook has already begun transmitting this message." It won't let me delete it, move it, or do anything with it and it has created a speed bump for outbound messages. I am running Outlook without Exchange and with broadband. Any ideas? ...

setting a default value for a field (GP8)
Here's an easy one .. I hope. There is a field on the Customer Maintenance Card called Priority - which is set to "None" by default. How can I change the default to another value (ex. 5). We require that this value be set when creating a new account, but it is often overlooked, and making the field "required" does not help as there is already a default. Thank you, Maria. Its setup in the Customer Class. I don't remember seeing it in the RM Setup. -- Microsoft Dynamics GP MVP http://ddelprado.blogspot.com "Maria" wrote: > Here's an easy ...

how to have all the deleted mail from different ....
account in the same deleted folder, I have to empty each deleted folders from each account one at the time, it would be easier to be able to see all the dleted in one place like the "all inbox" thanks under Tools/options/advanced/maintenance there is the option to empty "deleted" folder on exit peter -- If you find a posting or message from me offensive,inappropriate or disruptive,please ignore it. If you dont know how to ignore a posting complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate :-) "Richard G." <RichardG@discussions.mi...

Delete contacts from cache...
Hi all, How do I clear the "history" of contacts I used ? Also , my picture viewer(Irfan viewer) shows lots of pictures I received in the FAR past while I open an image from Outlook (XP) and go forward/backward - How do I delete these as well ? TIA Guy See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/mru.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Cloe" <shanipinsker@hotmail.com> wrote in message = news:O%23i7n%23lPFHA....

IMAP deleted messages will not HIDE, HELP!
It sometimes works and sometimes will show up. We normally can click to show IMAP messages. Then you can click HIDE messages marked for deletion and it will work fine. Today, it has not. We have rebooted PC, logged in and out and changed the View settings and it still will not hide the messages marked for deletion. Solutions? HELP... JFosdick <JFosdick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > It sometimes works and sometimes will show up. We normally can click > to show IMAP messages. Then you can click HIDE messages marked for > deletion and it will work fine. Today,...

gP8 to gp10 upgrade
Hi, Having a problem when converting from 8 to 10 with a company database. Our 8.0 version is up to the latest service pack. I've been able to successfully migrate the database to a new server from sql2k to sql2005. Also, DYNAMICS successfully migrated. When I try to convert the company it fails on the inventory master, some manufacturing and other tables. Here's what I get when I query the conversion log. IV00101 270 0 121 -5 Table (DIAMD.dbo.IV00101) did not have the correct structure prior to the conversion of this table. ...

Allowing input, but restricting deletion
Hi all, Is it possible to allow input into a spreadsheet, but at the same time making sure that data that is inputted is impossible to delete? Hope you guys can help, Roland You may be able to do something with some sort of worksheet event. But I'd be worried about typos. How would you go about fixing those if the cell was locked after I finished my initial input? innovate wrote: > > Hi all, > > Is it possible to allow input into a spreadsheet, but at the same time > making sure that data that is inputted is impossible to delete? > > Hope you guys can help, &...

Any word on release of GP8.5?
A while ago, last year I think, I saw a document from Microsoft on committing to a major release of Great Plains every 2 years and minor release in the off years. Since 8.0 was released last year should we be expecting 8.5 this year? I don't see any mention of it in the Convergence conference agenda. Mike, Last document I saw said to expect GP 8.5 in the 4th calendar quarter of 2005. -- Victoria Yudin Microsoft MVP - Great Plains "Mike Kruchten" <mkruchten@fsisolutions.com> wrote in message news:eUJUIa4GFHA.2936@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... >A while ago, last y...

How to restore a deleted Folder
Hi I have accedently deleted my receiving folder. Is it possible to restore it. If yes how can I restore it. Thank you -- Viper It should show up as a subfolder of your Deleted Items folder then unless you've already confirmed it to delete it permanently. Restoring methods completely depend on your version of Outlook and type of mail account that you are using. Restoring from backup will always work of course. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://ww...

Exchange 5.5
I have an Exchange 5.5 organization. I have two sites with only one server left in the site. In one, the server is dead. In the other, the server is up and running. How do I remove the last server and the site? Obviously I can not connect to another server in the site, since there is only one. Article XADM: How to Remove the First Exchange Server in a Site 152959 does not appear to apply, since I can not connect to another server in the site to remove the server. Nor does article How to remove the last Exchange Server 5.5 computer from an Exchange 2000 administrative group 284148 ap...

my emails are multiplying & can't be deleted!
Something happened on April 3rd, when all of a sudden every email i get comes in multiples- 3 of each, then 4 of each; when i tried to delete them, they came back in at 6 each or 7 each. It is now up to 10-15 of each email & it won't let me delete them. It's just crazy! Whatever it is is only effecting my Windows Mail. Can someone PLEASE head me in the right direction to fix this? I'm not exactly fluent in 'computer-ese' & it is driving me nuts. Thanx. -- peteywhy Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com Do the multiple copies come all at once, or is...

Deleting Sent Items
Ok, I'm having another problem with getting our Exchange straightened out. Is there a way for me to delete Users' Sent Items without having them log on for me? My bosses don't want me hassling people this afternoon, and I'd like to get these done before I leave today. Thanks, Jake "Jake 1977" <Jake1977@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote... > Ok, I'm having another problem with getting our Exchange straightened out. > > Is there a way for me to delete Users' Sent Items without having them log > on > for me? My bosses don't want...