GP8 and Vista

Hi, Is Vista supported on GP8. Iask because I got the following scenarios
from my client:
I’m trying to install Great Plains onto a new PC but having issues.

I normally do a generic install off the CD. I then copy across the GP folder
off my PC as it has service packs etc on it . I then launch GP and it asks to
add the code ie. CNK files etc.
Every time I have a new PC I do this and all is good. The only thing that is
different on this PC (notebook) I’m currently working on is that it has
Windows Vista Business.

It looks like it is adding the code and I can then log into GP but doesn’t
have the correct service pack detail.
After I install on the new PC(notebook) the service pack is showing 8.00g7
If I log out and back in again it then asks to add the code again. (as below)
We are on version 8.

Thank you
Neil
0
NeilPalmer (76)

No, I'm pretty sure 8.0 didn't support vista as 8.0 is pretty old now.  Also
note that support for GP 8.0 is ending later next month.

As a guess on your issue, my guess is that you either have to turn UAC off
(temporarily) or launch GP to run as Administrator priveleges.

patrick
dev support

"Neil Palmer" <NeilPalmer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, Is Vista supported on GP8. Iask because I got the following scenarios
> from my client:
> I'm trying to install Great Plains onto a new PC but having issues.
>
> I normally do a generic install off the CD. I then copy across the GP
> folder
> off my PC as it has service packs etc on it . I then launch GP and it asks
> add the code ie. CNK files etc.
> Every time I have a new PC I do this and all is good. The only thing that
> is
> different on this PC (notebook) I'm currently working on is that it has
> Windows Vista Business.
>
> It looks like it is adding the code and I can then log into GP but doesn't
> have the correct service pack detail.
> After I install on the new PC(notebook) the service pack is showing 8.00g7
> If I log out and back in again it then asks to add the code again. (as
> below)
> We are on version 8.
>

> Thank you
> Neil

0
prot1 (1345)
9/16/2009 3:05:15 AM
Neil,

GP 8.0 is supported on Vista.  Here is a link to the system requirements:
https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/documentation/systemrequirements/compatibility_gp8.0_lowmidhi.htm?printpage=false

My 2 cents is that I would not install GP by copying files, even on the same
OS.   Up through 8.0 this was not such a huge deal, but starting with 9.0
there are registry keys that will not be correct if you do an install like
this.  I would also not expect it to work on a different OS.  Follow the
steps for installing GP in the installation guide and make sure you take a
look at KB article 922908 that talks about what you want to do differently
on Vista and you should be able to install it with no issues.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Neil Palmer" <NeilPalmer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, Is Vista supported on GP8. Iask because I got the following scenarios
> from my client:
> I’m trying to install Great Plains onto a new PC but having issues.
>
> I normally do a generic install off the CD. I then copy across the GP
> folder
> off my PC as it has service packs etc on it . I then launch GP and it asks
> add the code ie. CNK files etc.
> Every time I have a new PC I do this and all is good. The only thing that
> is
> different on this PC (notebook) I’m currently working on is that it has
> Windows Vista Business.
>
> It looks like it is adding the code and I can then log into GP but doesn’t
> have the correct service pack detail.
> After I install on the new PC(notebook) the service pack is showing 8.00g7
> If I log out and back in again it then asks to add the code again. (as
> below)
> We are on version 8.
>

> Thank you
> Neil

0
victoria (3340)

Vista presentation under XP
I've got many mixed sequences of photos and clips from my digital camera showing names such as dscf1234.jpg, dscf1235.jpg, dscf1236.avi, dscf1237.jpg and so on and I'd like to play them in the same sequence i.e. to show a .jpg and then to play a .avi and so on Now I've found that Vista presentation is exactly what I want but is it possible to run it under WinXP? Where is the related sw? il barbi il barbi wrote: > I've got many mixed sequences of photos and clips from my digital > camera showing names such as dscf1234.jpg, dscf1235.jpg, dscf1236.avi, > d...

Outlook Client Install on Vista
I am getting the following error when trying to install the CRM V3 outlook client on a windows vista PC Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Windows 2000 is supported for Service Pack 4 or Higher The CRM Server is running on a Windows 2003 Standard with SP2 and SQL 2005 Enterpise with SP2 I get a similiar warning(Not error) when trying to install on a XP machine On the Vista machine I can connect to the crm server just fine. I downloaded the updated client install for vista and it does the same thing. Any Ideas? ...

Calendar at bottom ofBills Summary page not showing on Vista Ultimate 64-bit
Hello, How do I turn on the calendar at the bottom of the bills summary page in Money Plus Premium (Version 17.0.125.1415) on 64-bit Vista? If I restore the backed up file from 64-bit Vista Ultimate to 32-bit Vista Ultimate on my laptop, I see the calendar. The 'show calendar' box in the lower left is checked in Money Plus Premium (Version 17.0.125.1415) on both operating systems. On 64-bit just blank page with date in oversize font in upper right. On 32-bit the calendar. Can some one help with the cure? Thanks, in advance, Saul ...

GP8
Where in the set up for an Item or MO are the Labor Codes specified? I have labor variances hitting a GL account specified only in the Labor Codes. I cannot find in the item, item class or any item maintenance card this GL account specified. The account credited is ONLY specified in a Labor Code. I also can't determine how the Labor Code is allocated to the Item / MO. The GL account is credited whenever an MO is closed. Help? Look at the routing sequence for the finished good item. The labor codes are there. "GPI" wrote: > Where in the set up for an Item or MO are th...

Re: VBscript works normally on Windows XP/Win2003 but not on Win Vista -> "Invalid class" error
"Estefania" <Sant merdir> escribi� en el mensaje de noticias:... > > > "Estefania" <Sant merdir> escribi� en el mensaje de noticias:... >> >> >> "Estefania" <Sant merdir> escribi� en el mensaje de >> noticias:F45434D2-7809-4C21-B06F-B2EEA3026A3C@microsoft.com... >>> >>> >>> "Estefania" <Sant merdir> escribi� en el mensaje de >>> noticias:EE6921A8-5D3D-42B6-AE35-58B998ED4262@microsoft.com... >>>> >>>> >>>> &q...

Outlook 2000 on Vista
Outlook 2000 works on Vista but, It wont register as default email etc program. Windows mail is the default program and it is grayed out and cannot be changed in associations. | Would anyone have a solution ? | Thanks Ed AFAIK, there is no solution to this problem. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/...

CreateFile fails to open a Printer- Vista with OPEN_EXISTING
I have issues with Createfile() in Vista. In my code, I am trying to open aprinter share(\\vista_ip_addr\print_share) with Creatfile() and OPEN_EXISTING as one of the parameter. Eventhough the share exists, CreateFile always fails saying file not found. It is working fine if I use OPEN_ALWAYS instead of OPEN_EXISTING. But it Interestingly, the same code works in other OS (printingremotely using \\vistamac_ip_addr\print_share). Adding the manifest didn't work either. Any thoughts on this? ...

Outlook 97 vs Windows Vista
I have Office 97 and Outlook shows up in my program files, but I can't get it to open. When I click on the icon in the start menu or anywhere else, I get an error message that says "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook". Is this because it is incompatible with Vista? Is there a way to remedy this without dropping $100+ on a new version of Outlook? Outlook 97 is more than 12 years old and completely out of support from = Microsoft. Either get a newer version or use Thunderbird. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All...

GP8 and Vista
Hi, Is Vista supported on GP8. Iask because I got the following scenarios from my client: I’m trying to install Great Plains onto a new PC but having issues. I normally do a generic install off the CD. I then copy across the GP folder off my PC as it has service packs etc on it . I then launch GP and it asks to add the code ie. CNK files etc. Every time I have a new PC I do this and all is good. The only thing that is different on this PC (notebook) I’m currently working on is that it has Windows Vista Business. It looks like it is adding the code and I can then log into GP but doesn’t ...

Open file dialog on Vista
I am adapting my apps for Vista. The apps need to run on all Win32/Win64 platforms, and are still in VC6, with the February 2003 PSDK. By writing my own version of CFileDialog (based on Paul DiLascia's code) I was able to obtain the file dialog with the places bar on W2K/XP, while showing the old file dialog on other platforms. But what do I need to do to get the new Vista open file dialog on Vista? As it is I am getting the XP one. David Wilkinson Hi David, I don't know a lot about that level of Vista yet (just used it as a user, haven't really ported to it yet), but...

Can't reply or forward Outlook email with Vista running
Can someone help! I can open email in Outlook (even those with attachments) but cannot reply or forward. I encounter a box with a red "X" in the upper left hand corner. I am not able to access the body of the email. I also discovered that I cannot send new emails. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Steph "steph" <stephfin1968@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23K$O9KuKIHA.4196@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Can someone help! I can open email in Outlook (even those with > attachments) but cannot reply or forward. I encounter a box with a red...

CEdit under Vista doesn't get VK_TAB?
I have a class derived from a list control (CListCtrl) class, and I implement editable text by making use of the Edit control window that the CListCtrl itself creates when the user clicks in a text subitem. I subclass this to my CSubEdit class, which is derived from CEdit, and I catch the WM_KEYDOWN message in my OnKeyDown() handler to catch the pressing of the Tab key. I can then terminate the current edit session and shift the edit to the next available text item. Under XP, this works fine. Under Vista, however, something is intercepting and swallowing the WM_KEYDOWN with the VK_TAB ...

Wallpapers For Windows Vista
Hallo Microsoft.public.access - Well - I do not know if this is the right Forum (I could not find anything b the name "Wallpaper") - So if there is a better place to ask, please tell me ... My quistion is: Do you know any good links with Wallpapers for Windows Vista (Or XP Or Windows in General) ? Best Wishes J�rn Rudolph Copenhagen in Denmark Thank you "Tom Wickerath" <AOS168b AT comcast DOT net> skrev i meddelelsen news:92D80FBC-8547-4A51-B6C3-9D940958BC06@microsoft.com... I try your sugestions then ! > Hello Jørn, > > This newsgroup is dedica...

setting a default value for a field (GP8)
Here's an easy one .. I hope. There is a field on the Customer Maintenance Card called Priority - which is set to "None" by default. How can I change the default to another value (ex. 5). We require that this value be set when creating a new account, but it is often overlooked, and making the field "required" does not help as there is already a default. Thank you, Maria. Its setup in the Customer Class. I don't remember seeing it in the RM Setup. -- Microsoft Dynamics GP MVP http://ddelprado.blogspot.com "Maria" wrote: > Here's an easy ...

New computer-Vista. Have 2002 Publisher but can't download floppy.
Computer crashed. Got new one w/ Vista. Can't download my Publisher because it's in a floppy format. -- Duke Duke wrote: > Computer crashed. Got new one w/ Vista. Can't download my Publisher because > it's in a floppy format. Publisher 2002 never came on floppies. The last version of Publisher to come on floppies was 97, I think. Publisher 2002 and later work out-of-the-box with Vista. Older versions need some fiddling. And floppy versions need a floppy drive. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org From another perspective - Do you mean yo...

GP 10 on Vista Printing crashes
I can't figure this one out. We have GP 10 installed on Vista with the latest patches/hotfixs/service packs. Whenever we try and print any report, it simply crashes. Sometimes the report will print out, but GP always crashes when we try to print. Any ideas? Thanks, Tariq. Hi T I haven't seen this happen before, but it sounds like your printer driver is an issue. Is the printer on the GP 10 approved list? Fliehigh "T" wrote: > I can't figure this one out. > > We have GP 10 installed on Vista with the latest patches/hotfixs/service > packs. > ...

Vista and Windows Defender Updates
WSUS 3.0 on Windows 2003 R2 Server My Vista PC gets regular updates for security fixes etc But It seems to not be getting the Defender updates I sysc the update server daily and I get updates for defender definitions. But the always show up in the NO STATUS section The are set to automatically install Any ideas or thoughts Thanks Tom Hello Thomas, I'm not sure about this--but it looks promising--tяy http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919772 ..: Ǝиçεl :. "Thomas R Grassi Jr" wrote: > WSUS 3.0 on Windows 2003 R2 Server &g...

Outlook 2007 in vista
Hi, I am using ISA server 2006 and i have add a rule for outlook.my problam is in my network on xp cliant outlook can send and recevie mails and working fine but in vista its not working....? Thnaks. Vimal Dhiman <Vimal Dhiman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am using ISA server 2006 and i have add a rule for outlook.my > problam is in my network on xp cliant outlook can send and recevie > mails and working fine but in vista its not working....? So, describe the exact symptoms. "not working" gives nothing by which the problem can be...

gP8 to gp10 upgrade
Hi, Having a problem when converting from 8 to 10 with a company database. Our 8.0 version is up to the latest service pack. I've been able to successfully migrate the database to a new server from sql2k to sql2005. Also, DYNAMICS successfully migrated. When I try to convert the company it fails on the inventory master, some manufacturing and other tables. Here's what I get when I query the conversion log. IV00101 270 0 121 -5 Table (DIAMD.dbo.IV00101) did not have the correct structure prior to the conversion of this table. ...

Any word on release of GP8.5?
A while ago, last year I think, I saw a document from Microsoft on committing to a major release of Great Plains every 2 years and minor release in the off years. Since 8.0 was released last year should we be expecting 8.5 this year? I don't see any mention of it in the Convergence conference agenda. Mike, Last document I saw said to expect GP 8.5 in the 4th calendar quarter of 2005. -- Victoria Yudin Microsoft MVP - Great Plains "Mike Kruchten" <mkruchten@fsisolutions.com> wrote in message news:eUJUIa4GFHA.2936@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... >A while ago, last y...

Vista Screen Saver not working
Using Vista Premium. I have clicked on Preferences, gone to the Screen Saver menu, selected the folder, etc. I click on preview, and the screen saver works. But, after 15 minutes (which is what I have set it for), the Screen Saver does not come on - ever! Sorry Venusian, this is Mars. "venusian" wrote: > Using Vista Premium. I have clicked on Preferences, gone to the Screen Saver > menu, selected the folder, etc. I click on preview, and the screen saver > works. But, after 15 minutes (which is what I have set it for), the Screen > Saver does not come on - e...

Money Has Stopped Working
Hello, I have successfully been using Money Plus 2008 for a few months now. The other day my PC completely locked up with Money open. I had to force to turn the PC off for a restart. Now when I try to open Money, I receive the message that Money has stopped working. The details are provided below. There are other documented cases of this that I can see online when searching the issue, but there doesn't seem to be a fix. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Money Plus without success. Any suggestions? Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: msmone...

Vista and Outlook 2003
I recently upgraded my home email PC from XP Pro to Vista and then installed Office 2003. I have downloaded and installed all windows updates that were needed. I copied over my previous .pst file as well as all of my rules and alerts. I fixed all of the errors in the rules and alerts but I'm still having problems. Sometimes the rules and alerts play sounds but most of the time they don't. I rely on these sounds so I know where there are important emails that need to be responded to in a timely manner. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why the sounds associated with rules a...

Paste and Copy does not work on my Windows Vista 2007
I'm trying to paste my resume, but it does no let me. What should i try doing? A response is very much appreciated. Thanks. Paste from what into what? What errors are you seeing? Have you tried pasting into notepad, and then copy and paste from notepad to wherever you want the final copy? -- Ron Symonds Microsoft MVP (Expression Web) http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread. "mg" <mg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C55E6369-D3E2-4610-933B-D65FF21BCFB2@microsoft.com... > I'm tryi...

GP8.0 vs GP 5.5
can GP 8.0 and GP 5.5 co-exist in one machine (server)? running in SQL 2000 under WIN2003 S.E ...? Not if you are using the same SQL instance. Plus GP 5.5 system tasks may not work on SQL 2000. Each GP systems requires its own DYNAMICS database. Regards James "Heddy" <Heddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3949CAE5-40DC-489E-8D8B-E3609EFAF79C@microsoft.com... > can GP 8.0 and GP 5.5 co-exist in one machine (server)? running in SQL > 2000 > under WIN2003 S.E ...? James, I'm kinda lost in here,please bear with me... here is the scenario...