GP7.5SP6 - Manufacturing Problem to import modified forms and repo

We're in the process of upgrading from GP7.5 SP4 to SP6. We are on MSSQL
Server 7.0. My supervisor has already implemented the hot fix as describe in
MBS (that's a script to update some indexes on the server if someone is using
GP7.5 manufacturing on MSSQL7). When I try to import modified forms and
reports I've received some errors. For instances some references on the VBA
to the GUI forms (i.e. text boxes, buttons) become missing. And on the
reports I've been told it couldn't find the table
MOP_MO_Variance_DC_Detail_Report_Temp and MOP-Sched_Interface_Report_Before.
Any idea why this is happening? Is there some more hot fixes that needs to be
applied.
-2

Speedy,

There is nothing more to apply for these VBA and mod form/report problems
you're seeing. Likely the mods will have to be upgraded and/or reapplied
since the underlying dependent code has been changed during the service
pack.

Thanks,
RW

"SpeedyGonza" <SpeedyGonza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We're in the process of upgrading from GP7.5 SP4 to SP6. We are on MSSQL
> Server 7.0. My supervisor has already implemented the hot fix as describe
> in
> MBS (that's a script to update some indexes on the server if someone is
> using
> GP7.5 manufacturing on MSSQL7). When I try to import modified forms and
> reports I've received some errors. For instances some references on the
> VBA
> to the GUI forms (i.e. text boxes, buttons) become missing. And on the
> reports I've been told it couldn't find the table
> MOP_MO_Variance_DC_Detail_Report_Temp and
> MOP-Sched_Interface_Report_Before.
> Any idea why this is happening? Is there some more hot fixes that needs to
> be
> applied.

0
rjwagner (35)
4/15/2005 4:35:12 PM
Dear Rob,
How would I upgrade / reapply them?
Basically I've set up a brand new GP Install and I've exported the modified
forms/reports from my existing GP4 client into a package file. And then when
I import this package file to my new GP6 client machine it's giving me the
error.
Would I need to i.e. use the Great Plains utilities for that
purpose..."update modified forms and reports" or "synchronize forms and
dictionaries"?
I hope I would not have to re-create all these modified forms and reports
from scratch.
Connie

"Rob Wagner [MSFT]" wrote:

> Speedy,
>
> There is nothing more to apply for these VBA and mod form/report problems
> you're seeing. Likely the mods will have to be upgraded and/or reapplied
> since the underlying dependent code has been changed during the service
> pack.
>
> Thanks,
> RW

> "SpeedyGonza" <SpeedyGonza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We're in the process of upgrading from GP7.5 SP4 to SP6. We are on MSSQL
> > Server 7.0. My supervisor has already implemented the hot fix as describe
> > in
> > MBS (that's a script to update some indexes on the server if someone is
> > using
> > GP7.5 manufacturing on MSSQL7). When I try to import modified forms and
> > reports I've received some errors. For instances some references on the
> > VBA
> > to the GUI forms (i.e. text boxes, buttons) become missing. And on the
> > reports I've been told it couldn't find the table
> > MOP_MO_Variance_DC_Detail_Report_Temp and
> > MOP-Sched_Interface_Report_Before.
> > Any idea why this is happening? Is there some more hot fixes that needs to
> > be
> > applied.

I would try narrow down exactly which reports/forms won't upgrade, then
remove those which fail from the package and upgrade the rest. In some
cases, the only option is to remake changes. You've probably modified a form
like MO_Variance which encountered significant changes in 7.5 SP 5. Hope you
find the new window much improved.

To extract the changes made on a specific modified form, use the process
noted by David Musgrave.

"Export the form as a package from Customization Maintenance.  Then
rename the forms.dic and go into the modifier for the same window, but make
no changes.  Then export the un-modified version as a second package.  Then
you can use any text comparison tool you like... even Word.

Remember to rename the forms.dic back afterwards."

Nice trick David!

> Dear Rob,
> How would I upgrade / reapply them?
> Basically I've set up a brand new GP Install and I've exported the
> modified
> forms/reports from my existing GP4 client into a package file. And then
> when
> I import this package file to my new GP6 client machine it's giving me the
> error.
> Would I need to i.e. use the Great Plains utilities for that
> purpose..."update modified forms and reports" or "synchronize forms and
> dictionaries"?
> I hope I would not have to re-create all these modified forms and reports
> from scratch.
> Connie
>
> "Rob Wagner [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> Speedy,
>>
>> There is nothing more to apply for these VBA and mod form/report problems
>> you're seeing. Likely the mods will have to be upgraded and/or reapplied
>> since the underlying dependent code has been changed during the service
>> pack.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> RW
>>
>> --
>> rights.
>>

>> "SpeedyGonza" <SpeedyGonza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > We're in the process of upgrading from GP7.5 SP4 to SP6. We are on
>> > MSSQL
>> > Server 7.0. My supervisor has already implemented the hot fix as
>> > describe
>> > in
>> > MBS (that's a script to update some indexes on the server if someone is
>> > using
>> > GP7.5 manufacturing on MSSQL7). When I try to import modified forms and
>> > reports I've received some errors. For instances some references on the
>> > VBA
>> > to the GUI forms (i.e. text boxes, buttons) become missing. And on the
>> > reports I've been told it couldn't find the table
>> > MOP_MO_Variance_DC_Detail_Report_Temp and
>> > MOP-Sched_Interface_Report_Before.
>> > Any idea why this is happening? Is there some more hot fixes that needs
>> > be
>> > applied.

0
rjwagner (35)

Macro in Workbook problem
I have a document that when I open it I get the Document May contain Macros window. Well when I look into this document under Tools, Macros, it doesn't show any macros. It's a pain every time I open this document to hit the disable macros button. Please help this go away! Thanks! Hi you also have to remove the (empty) modules: - open your workbook - open the VBA editor with ALT+F11 - remove the modules - also check if there's some code in the worksheet modules and/or the workbook module. Delete this code - close the VBA editor - save the workbook - Try again -- Regards Frank K...

Customising Lead Form
Guys, I've customised the Lead form to move the Lead Source onto the First tab. However, while I can see the changes clearly when in 'customise form' mode, when my users access this form to create a lead, they see the original LEAD form minus any of my changes. I've followed the help exactly to the letter, is there something else I need to do to give access to my users for the new LEAD form. Thanks a million, Tony Stop and restart the IIS server. <tonyod@AlchemySoftware.ie> a �crit dans le message de news:134c01c48c2c$349cd6c0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Guys, &g...

An error message occured while using sa logon into GP7.5
Hi all, Error message: "An error occured granting rights for tables in the 'DBName' database; GPS Error: 58" Please help! Thanks Regards, Jim hey jim, have you installed any service packs? /timber\ On Oct 31, 2:40 pm, Jim <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > Error message: > "An error occured granting rights for tables in the 'DBName' database; GPS > Error: 58" > > Please help! Thanks > > Regards, > > Jim Yes, I do. I had installed latest service packs "timber" wrote: > h...

Question about Form OnLoad and OnCurrent
My question is which is better to use if I want to enable/disable controls on the form based on the value of another control on the form. I know I should probably know this, but.... TIA for the help Steve Use the OnCurrent event. The OnLoad event only runs once when the form first loads. The OnCurrent event runs when a new record is viewed. Unless this is a continuous form? Steve "steve" wrote: > My question is which is better to use if I want to enable/disable controls > on the form based on the value of another control on the form. > > I know I should p...

Problem with OWA
Hi, From Outlook Web Access, when I create a new meeting and I choose a ressource, the ressource don't tell me that the reservation is ok. Moreover, the ressource don't put her status to "occupied". But, if I create the same meeting from Outlook, I don't have this problem. I will be notified and the ressource will be occupied. Is it a bug or how can I fixe the problem? Thanks in advance! Post to an Exchange group as OWA is a part of Exchange, not Outlook. microsoft.public.exchange.clients would be a good place to start. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post al...

Unable to import contacts from Outlook
We have a problem importing contacts from Outlook 2003/XP with some customers. Some of them import the contacts correctly and at others it seems to import but the contacts doesn't show, what could be wrong ?? Jack are these using sp2 with xp? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Jack Nielsen" <nospamjackd@jackd.dk (Fjern nospam)> wrote in message news:eIQ8QeK%23EHA.2196@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > We have a problem importing contacts from Outlook 2003/XP with some > customers. Some of th...

Fuel Consumption Problem
I need to build a worksheet that calculates MPG for a car whenever the tank is filled. The tank is not filled each time, but some times only a few gallons are put in. I need a formula that will do the maths only when the tank is filled. It would need to take into account the partial fillings in order to get the correct MPG. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, Rusty Surely it is just sum of miles travelled divided by sum of gallons input? -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "Rusty" <kenrussell@optus YOU...

Outlook Problems!!!
Hello! I got 2 problems in Outlook 2000 and Outlook XP (2002) Problem 1. I'm responsible of 20 computers in my company and 2 of them has the configuration Win XP and Office 2000 in this configuration I cannot customize the "outlook today" page, the hyperlink does not work, why? Problem 2. The other problem is that notification on new mail doesn't seem to work correct. I have to click on a mail or switch catalog in outlook to see if I got a new mail, it does not pop up automaticly even if I have choose in settings to do that. All of the computers with this problem is fully...

Calendar problem
I have two computers running Outlook 2003 on stand alone desktops (no Exchange). On compter A, I made a backup copy of my Outlook .pst. I then imported this .pst into Outlook 2003 on computer B. I wanted to replace the out-of-date calendar data on B with the current data in calendar on A. It seemed to work but my default calendar now is labeled Calendar (2). And the calendar will no longer sync with my iPhone 3G via iTunes. Contacts and Notes still syncs fine. How can I restore my default calendar so it will sync again? Or do I need to reinstall Outlook to be able to sy...

Drop Down Box problem
Hi, I'm building a spreadsheet and I cannot resolve a problem. It's basically designed to calculate costs. The first cell allows people to type in an item. The next cell asks them to how many. The next, to choose a currency from a drop down box. The 4th cell returns the exchange rate based on the choice made in the drop down box. The 5th box asks them to enter cost per widget. The 6th box multiples these figures and calculates total cost in local currency. For example, a person might type in Widgets, total amount 5, they might choose US$ from the drop down box, and get...

Public Folder Contacts problem
Hello all, I have a very strange problem here. For one of our customer, we replaced an SBS 2000 with a brand new SBS 2003 box. The problem is with exchange. They have Contacts stored in one of the public folders and obviously we had to move those public folders to our new server. We did the normal thing of at the time of old server of exporting the public folders from one of the users's outlook, to a pst file. Moved the pst file to the new server. Logged in to a computer which is part of new domain as a user in the new domain and went into the outlook configured for the new exchange s...

Screen resolution problems
I have developed an application that works just fine on a screen resolution of 1024 X 768. I have a few clients who use 800 X 600 and the app does not display properly especially dialog boxes which appear cut off and of course the client can't scroll to the bottom of the dialog box. How do I account for the fact that I may have clients who user the lower resolution? >-----Original Message----- >I have developed an application that works just fine on a screen resolution >of 1024 X 768. I have a few clients who use 800 X 600 and the app does not >display properly especia...

Outbox problem
I have attempted to send a 207mb file. It has locked up my system and I cant receive mail. I have reloaded outlook form office xp. Still have same problem. I have attempted to delete and I get a message to the effect. "cant open file MAPI Spooler has started to send message" What do I do? ...

Scheduled bills is the problem with the Adj. Balance discrepancy.
I had the balance problem with Money 2002 and it is worse with 2005. It appears that bills that I have scheduled are the problem. When I change the amount for a particular bill or payment it is reflected correctly in the account register but checking in Reports- "Account Transactions" it is "entered" once for the amount that was scheduled and once for the updated amount. Any way to fix this? -- I have a fever...and the only prescription is more cowbell. ...

Calculating Discount terms options, problems
Hi, Using Project Accounting in Great Plains 7.50g we have vendors that do not want us to take their terms discount on freight amounts. Understandable, and we have not checked the calculate freight button in the calculate discount payment terms sub-menu. However, it's still taking discounts on the entire amount including the freight. They setup the system to calculate discounts on sales/purchase only. I thought this might be the problem, since to me that would mean calculate the discount on the entire purchase amount including the freight. Help file does not clarify the meaning of the di...

Problem with columns letters?!?!
Hi guys, I have a problem with a column letters,I mean there are no letter instead of them I have a numbers same as on the rows.!!! How can I change columns to be showed with letter on the top,instead numbers that I have them now? PLS Thanks in advance Igor, Tools - Options - General - R1C1 Reference Style. Turn it off. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Igor" <pantamk@mol.com.mk> wrote in message news:d47301c43a0e$713f8d40$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi guys, > I have a problem with a column letters...

GP7.5 Report Writer Tutorial
Does anyone know of a good source for a Great Plains 7.5 Report Writer tutorial/detailed documentation? Thanks Did you look at RW.chm file in the Documnetation folder of CD1? If it didn't help then post your questions to this Newsgroup and hope someone would answer. "JDR" wrote: > Does anyone know of a good source for a Great Plains 7.5 Report Writer > tutorial/detailed documentation? > > Thanks > > > Thanks! Sometimes the answer is right in front of the face. "Shariq" <Shariq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Big problem with OAL
Hi After I have installed SP1 on my Exchange server 2003 I get an error when it trays to generate the Offline address list I get at event error 9333 and 9335 I have tried to rebuild of the offline address books, and the problem persisted Can any one help me how to solve my problem? -Anders The 9333 OALGen encountered error 80004005 while opening the base offline address list public folder. Please make sure that a public folder replica exists. - /o=XXX/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=Default Offline Address List And The 9335 OALGen encountered error 8004010f while cleaning the offline addre...

Money problem #2
This is what I did, and hopefully someone will tell me what I can and can't do. I was working on a pc, and I ask what software they were wanting removed, and they said "money", and I removed it. Well, after I removed it, they said they wanted it back. I did a restore on the system, and now it is asking for the "money.msi" file. This is an OEM install, and they have no disk, and I can't open the archive files on the restore partition. This is with Money 2004 if that matters. When I run money it goes through the install process, and stops asking for t...

Apostrophe problem
Hello, I am working with a spreadhseet and the data looks normal, however when you click on the cell the data value contains a leading apostrophe. for example the data looks like this: '4 '8 '10 '8 IS there a quick and easy way to get rid of the leading " ' "? If so, an advice on how to do this would be greatly appreciated! Copy an empty cell, select the values and do edit>paste special and select add -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "bcap" <rayh@patriots.com> wrote in message news:1185201567.622591.247730@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com....

Severe problems with Money Plus Deluxe
I was succesfully running the Money Plus Deluxe Win32 (on a Windows Vista OS) and suddenly I'm unable to run it again. When I try to do so, it appears a message telling me that program fails to start. I uninstalled the product and reinstalled it later, but the problem repeats again and again. I would appreciate any kind of help. In microsoft.public.money, Uriel wrote: >I was succesfully running the Money Plus Deluxe Win32 (on a Windows Vista OS) >and suddenly I'm unable to run it again. When I try to do so, it appears a >message telling me that program fails to start. ...

Are others having problems accessing this newsgroup?
Hi, For a couple days now, when I receive a notice in my Hotmail mail about a reply to a post I made here, I click on the "Read and rate the response" link and I get: "Sorry, the page you requested is not available. The page you were looking for is currently not available. The address may not be correct, or there may be a temporary problem with this site. Please try one of the following options: Check the address for typing errors. Click the Back button and try a different option from the navigation menu. Try this page again later. For additional assistance, try one of the...

Formatting Problem
I've created a blank booklet of x no. of pages with page size of h7.25" x w4.75" with 0.5" margins all around. I've been provided with material on floppies to incorporate into the booklet. The material is in the wrong font type and size and needs considerable change in other formatting. This I've done by opening the document into a WORD document of the same dimensions as stated above and tailoring the content to this WORD document. There are some centering, indents, right or left alignment. When I then try to insert this into the booklet in Publisher, s...

Big problem with VPN
Hello. I'm having a ****in' big problem with a VPN. This is my scenario: I have a Windows Server 2003, with DNS,DHCP,AD and ISA Server running. This server has 3 network cards: Internal Network: 192.168.0.1 / 255.255.255.0 (DNS/DHCP) Internet: 192.168.254.254 / 255.255.255.0 / 192.168.254.1 (This card is connected to a SpeedStream 5200 (router mode, not bridge)). Dedicated Link: 189.80.x.x / 255.255.255.252 / 189.80.x.x Here goes the problem: I made a VPN using ISA Server. The VPN connected sucessfully, but i wasn't able to see any server file, also i co...

Excel Problems #7
I have recently converted from Windows 98 to Windows XP. My files partially migrated. I have tried reinstalling MS Office but Excel and Word are only partially installed. I have tried copying documents but XP can not open them. I have tried everything I can think of. Please help. What am I doing wrong? -- Thanks Tammy Try Opening WORD or EXCEL and then importing the documents. On My XP machine if I try doing something - and I get the error message like, "that option is not installed" and "would you like to install it" I just select "YES" and it installs tha...