GP10 Security

Hello,

I have a few users with the poweruser role but do not want them customizing
the system with modifier, VBA or extender.  I am very cautious when it comes
to customizations.  All users will need the ability to access the completed
customizations.  What is the best way to handle this?  Can I hide menu
options?

Thanks.

0
tt1 (17)

Hi TT

ok so there are a few things to look at here:

1) Powerusers have access to EVERYTHING. If you want to restric your users
you need to give them different roles.
2) access to the modified version of the windows and reports is given
through the Modified forms and reports setup, which can be different for each
GP company and if you really wanted to you could also make it different for
groups of users.

You should really look at the security document in Customer source for help
with the setup of the new GP 10 security.

Fliehigh

"TT" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a few users with the poweruser role but do not want them customizing
> the system with modifier, VBA or extender.  I am very cautious when it comes
> to customizations.  All users will need the ability to access the completed
> customizations.  What is the best way to handle this?  Can I hide menu
> options?
>
> Thanks.

0
Fliehigh (443)
6/19/2008 6:39:01 PM
Also have a look at the following FAQ KB for v10 security

https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;951229

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

and confers no rights.

"Fliehigh" <Fliehigh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi TT
>
> ok so there are a few things to look at here:
>
> 1) Powerusers have access to EVERYTHING. If you want to restric your users
> you need to give them different roles.
> 2) access to the modified version of the windows and reports is given
> through the Modified forms and reports setup, which can be different for
> each
> GP company and if you really wanted to you could also make it different
> for
> groups of users.
>
> You should really look at the security document in Customer source for
> help
> with the setup of the new GP 10 security.
>
> Fliehigh
>
> "TT" wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a few users with the poweruser role but do not want them
>> customizing
>> the system with modifier, VBA or extender.  I am very cautious when it
>> comes
>> to customizations.  All users will need the ability to access the
>> completed
>> customizations.  What is the best way to handle this?  Can I hide menu
>> options?
>>
>> Thanks.

0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

CRM Security issue with Administrator account
I am unable to add users in the CRM Development Manager. I try to create new users in the wizard, the users are listed, but after selecting the users, a warning pops up telling me I do not have "sufficient security priveleges" to add users. This is a problem because I have logged on as the Administrator. Any help??? I am willing to change Admin's security or create a new Admin.... Does the administrator have a valid CRM license? Mike "Douglas Hahn" <dhahn@digitaldim.com> wrote in message news:2af201c3e130$efd9e420$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am unable...

Security level from commadn line
Is it possible to set Excel's macro security level from the command line? I would like to use Very High when Excel starts because I doubleclicked an attachment in an email, but only Medium when I start Excel "manually". Why don't you just set security to medium, that way you will be prompted to enable or disable macros. There are switches that can be used on shortcuts http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/Q211/4/81.ASP&NoWebContent=1 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Erich Neuwirth" <erich.neuwirth@...

Lan security questions
Does implementing logon password protection offer any protection against an online virus or Trojan attack? Or does it only prevent local physical (or Lan) users from unauthorized access ? What does the term "common" user account mean ? Is this the same thing as "limited" user account ? From: "RB" <NoMail@NoSpam> | Does implementing logon password protection offer any protection against | an online virus or Trojan attack? | Or does it only prevent local physical (or Lan) users from unauthorized access ? | What does the term "common&...

Pivot Table Security in Excel
I have an excel file that I have created that contains a pivot table. The file is supposed to act as a kind of 'pivot table template' The idea is that a user could download this file from a server and then open it and use it as the basis for creating a pivot table. I have already created the datasource in the excel file, so the dimensions and metrics appear in the field list as soon as the file is opened. The problem I am having is I want to be able to restrict access to the cube and potentially some of the dimensions by user. But, if the datasource is already created and saved in t...

GP10 SP3 UPDATE
We are running SP3 and ran into problems with payroll and direct deposit. We are re-installing a later version of SP3 and now when we attempt to log into a company the following error shows up: Anavailable update may be required for your computer but the update process could not verify information, then GP kicks us out. Any suggestions? -- Thanks for your help Jayne JayneShoe, Find the solution in my blog post below: http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/2008/12/available-update-may-be-required-for.html Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great ...

Review of PaperSave integrated with GP10
We are looking into using PaperSave integrated with GP10 for several of our clients and wanted to see if there is anyone who has worked with this product before? If you have ... How easy is it to install and setup? Are there any issues with it we should be aware of before presenting it to clients? Is their support efficient and knowledgeable? Any information would be appreciated, thank you. We have a couple clients that use it and are happy with it. Both of them used Papersave to do the initial install and setup and from what I remember there is quite a bit to it (I belie...

Safepay in GP10
Hi, I have activated the "Safepay" through Adminstration-->Register--> (Ticked)Safepay. But i can see in Security Task for product details list. I cant see in Financial-->Routine-->safepay-->Configurator. Where this window of "safepay" has to be enable.How to verify that the module 'safepay' is installed or not. If any one know the solution , please reply. Regards Amit Amit, To verify is SafePay is currently installed, go to your Microsoft Windows Control Panel (Start > Control Panel). If running XP, double- click on Add/Remove Programs. If ru...

Disable Visual Basic Editor thru Security/Advanced Security
Question: Is there a way to disable Visual Basic Editor thru Security/ Advanced Security? We are modifying screens and so forth. The problem is, if an error occurs, we do not want the user to get the option to "Debug" the screen and have access to the underlining code. Also, whatever the resolution, would it be possible to propagate it down thru UserClass? Thanks in advance Tiger, The only way to prevent the Debug is to properly handle errors in VBA using On Error statements. Even if you didn't have access to the VBA editor but received an error it would open the debugge...

Social Security Numbers
I need to conceal part of a Social Security Number on reports I am printing, e.g., 012-34-5678 should look like xxx-xx-5678. I can't figure out how to do that when the SSN starts with a zero. Thanks ="xxx-xx-"&RIGHT(A1,4) >-----Original Message----- >I need to conceal part of a Social Security Number on reports I am printing, >e.g., 012-34-5678 should look like xxx-xx-5678. I can't figure out how to do >that when the SSN starts with a zero. > >Thanks >. > Not sure if this helps but....... Assuming the report picks up the social securit...

Where can I find RMS database security information?
I have developed a custom application for our company that automatically queries a RMS database, creates a custom report and then FTPs it to our server once a month. It is working fine on my developemnt machine agains a demo copy of RMS with a customer's database that I restored. The database doesn't seem to care what UN and PW I use to connect. I am wondering what type of security I am going to run into out in the real world. Is the database open so that no UN or PW is required? Where can I find information about RMS database security and developing third party applications...

GP10 sending emails
Hello, I am unable to send email successfully (ie reports) using GP10 SP3 unless I have outlook open. Is it possible to send emails within GP10 without having Outlook open. If not then why? Thanks, jjc Dear JC By default, GP need not have Outlook to be open for sending the reports. Whenever you click send E-mail link in the report and choose Text or PDF format, it opens up the mail message with the attachment by default provided you have an active Outlook profile defined on that PC. Are you seeing the Outlook on your home page and if Yes, is it showing your Unread messages, Calen...

Advance Security #2
I'm using GP 7.0 on a Citrix Server When I try to user Advance Security it's telling me that some one else is using it and no one is using Advance Security. How can I fix this problem? Also at times while using Advance Security I will get log out of GP. Do anyone know why this happens? Thanks, Try this: Great Plains/Great Plains Standard on Microsoft SQL Server/MSDE 1. Make a backup of the DYNAMICS database. 2. Execute the following script in Query Analyzer or the Support Administrator Console: Delete DYNAMICS..SY00801 "KBrown" wrote: > I'm using GP ...

Integration Manager
I want to remove the data from the source records and applied the following to the after query on the source integration: query.deletesourcerecords() The following is returned: Deleting data in a linked table is not supported by this ISAM. Internal Error in Microsoft JET Database Engine. Source: Microsoft JET Database Engine. But when adding "query.deletesourcefile()" this works. I have tested on IM SP2 and SP3. Mick, The DeleteSourceRecords method allows you to delete the source records from a simple ODBC query that was used for an integration. If your source records are a ...

Word Perfect 5.x converter fails after security update MS09-073
It appears that on December 8, 2009, a security update (MS09-073) for the Office 2003 File Converter Pack was issued. Now, when I attempt to open a Word Perfect 5.x file in MSWord 2003 on my Windows XP machine, I receive an error message that states, "File appears to be corrupted." Is there a registry change or other action I can take to restore my ability to convert and open WP 5.x files? Microsoft has a habit of trashing old converters with 'security' updates. You can download the old converter from my web site. How long it will work for is anyone's gues...

Migrate to GP10
We are looking at going from GP 8sp3 to GP10 and i found a list of instructions on all these scripts to run to put the users back into the system but we only have like 15 users and i was thinking that maybe i could just enter them into the new system from scratch i just want to make sure that the data will still be associated from the history. Does GP store USED ID like a SID in windows or is the username just a username? Many thanx Brian, For columns where GP stores the user id like 'user who posted' - it is just a string, so no issue with deleting and recreating a user tha...

Gp10 Sp3
HI, I installed sp3 on GP 10 sp2 and when I try to run the utilities TWO database only is updated and i can open it but the remaining are not and when I try to open them from GP there is an error (a product installed on your computer is on a different version than the data base version. you will not be able to use the application until this issue is resolved . use the GP_LoginErrors.log file in your temp directory to assist in resolving this issue ) How can I update other databases? Peter, All companies must be shown in Dynamics Utilities, can’t you see your companies listed? Or li...

Securing Workbooks
Gang: I would like to secure my Excel 97 (and Excel 2000) workbook from users in such a way that they can only enter values in a specific range and view the results in another range. I'd like to keep my formulas and other sheets hidden from the users. I;'ve been using the Protection properties at the range, sheet, and workbook level. Unfortunately, as soon as the user saves the workbook using the Save As method, it appears that all protection is removed. Do anyone have any suggestions on how to keep the sheets and workbook protected when the workbook is saved as another obj...

Inheritted Security Permissions
On Exchange 2003, I noticed an uknown SID on the mailbox security permissions tab. The same SID is also on the public folders. I tried to remove the SID but it's being inheritted from the parent object. I know I can turn off inheritance and delete the object, but I would rather delete the SID from the parent object and try to figure out where it came from. Problem is I do not know what the parent object is. also, the SID also does not contain admin privilege. looks more like user level. Is this from somehow improperly deleting a user from the AD? thanks - David Hi David, If you...

GP10 SP2
We are currently using GP10 SP1 and I am trying to do a test install of SP2. When I launch the installation file I receive the following error: DEX.DIC version 10.0.263.0 is not compatible with executable version 10.0.313.0. The installation appears to have completed and I rebooted the server. However, when I try to launch GP Utilities I receive the same error. Does anyone have any insight into this issue? When you launch _what_ installation file? I'm not sure exactly what happened or something odd that you might have done but the specific problem is that your dex.dic is still th...

Quota Security
Hi, Does anyone know exactly which security setting on CRM 1.2 allows a user to write/save quotas for sales people? I have a customer who can open and alter these but they are not able to save the settings in the quotas. Cheers ...

Companies missing in Advanced Security
Today the upper right pane in Advanced Security contains no companies. Any ideas on how this can be turned back on? What is the cause of this? Thanks, Todd 1. Open Advanced Security 2. Click on the "Options" button in the upper left corner 3. Uncheck the box marked 'Open Advanced Security for log-in company only'. -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 "sorensent" wrote: > Today the upper right pane in Advanced Security contains no companies. Any > ideas on how this can be turned back on? What is the cause of ...

GP 80 Security Related Question
Hi, I am not able to find these tables SY05200 and SY00200 in GP8.0 I was told that SY05200 lists the menu selections and SY00200 lists the palettes. I am looking to: 1. Removing some items from the menu selection (SY05200?) 2. Add Activity Removal in the company pallete (SY00200?) Let me know if these tables are not right?. I am not sure how this is a security related question. Also please try not to post the same question multiple times. Please note that the v8.0 navigation model is sensitive to security so you only see what you have access to. Below is the response to your ...

Upgrade TS to Office 2007 GP10
Bonjour! I have recently upgraded my Terminal server with GP10 to Office 2007 but users is having problems, with some errors on the Home Page, Do I need to configure something on the Home page for each users to indicate that there are now with Office 2007?? Regards, Joel :) We need to apply these OWC10 et OWC11 Tool: Web Components to rectify the problem. Regards, Joel "Joel" wrote: > Bonjour! I have recently upgraded my Terminal server with GP10 to Office 2007 > but users is having problems, with some errors on the Home Page, Do I need to > configure something on...

security window
Have the following code. When used to send e-mails. I get a window for each e-mail saying it is being sent auto and do I want it to do this. How can I have it send all e-mails auto without asking on each one. Thanks for assistance 'Send E-Mails Private Sub OptionButton9_Click() OptionButton9.Value = False UserForm4_Letters.Hide Sheets("Data").Select Dim OutApp As Object Dim OutMail As Object Dim cell As range Application.ScreenUpdating = False Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") OutApp.Session.Logon On Error GoTo cleanup For Each cell...

Formulae, conditional formatting & macro security
I've used conditional formatting based on a simple formula like =$B6=1. Now Excel warns me of macro viruses and I have to choose whether or not to enable macros before opening this spreadsheet. I'm pretty sure this formula is the cause because I've tested it in a spreadsheet that contains nothing else except the two cells under test (B6 and the cell I'm formatting). If I change the formula to a constant and use "cell value is" then the macro warning goes away. I certainly haven't created any macros in the workbook and if there were any presumably the warning woul...