GP10 Security upgrade done but no converted tasks

Hi,

We have just upgraded from Dynamics 9.0 SP4 to GP10. Doing the upgrade we
chose the option to transfer user security and pointed the the dynamics.set
file when asked.
The upgrade went fine and we thought all was OK - but now when we look at
the Roles in Dynamics - onloy the standard vs10 roles exist and none of the
CNV...... e.g. CNV_NeilP_TWO.... roles exist.

Therefore it appears that even though the security iupgrade was specified
the upgrade of security did not work.

Any ideas please.

Thank you

Neil
0
NeilPalmer (76)

Was GP 10 installed in a different folder than GP 9? If not, there's your
problem.  In order for security to be 'converted' GP 10 must be installed in
a different folder.  Also, what service pack of GP10 did you install before
running the Utilities?
--
Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP
MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP

"Neil Palmer" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have just upgraded from Dynamics 9.0 SP4 to GP10. Doing the upgrade we
> chose the option to transfer user security and pointed the the dynamics.set
> file when asked.
> The upgrade went fine and we thought all was OK - but now when we look at
> the Roles in Dynamics - onloy the standard vs10 roles exist and none of the
> CNV...... e.g. CNV_NeilP_TWO.... roles exist.
>
> Therefore it appears that even though the security iupgrade was specified
> the upgrade of security did not work.
>
> Any ideas please.
>

> Thank you
>
> Neil
Hi,

Yes it was installed to a different folder.
The problem is that we forced the upgrade through by editing a field in the
DU000030 tabel by changing its status from 70 to 0 - the error of this was:
The security upgrade failed.

Now the reason we forced it through was because whenever we click on Update
during the Dynamics database upgrade - it does somethig but then returns to
the Update button - and no matter what we try it keeps coming back to the
Update button.

If we try upgrade without the security it works fine.

So obviously something is somewhere wrong with the security - but we have no
idea what can cause the upgrade to fail.

Initially we thought it may be due to locked forms dictionary but after
running Validate on vs9 Advanced security we managed to remove locked forms
dictionaires - so now have no idea what the problem may be.

WE upgrdaded from GP9 SP1 to GP9 SP2 and then to GP10 SP3 (pure version).

Cheers
Neil
--
Thank you

Neil

"Leslie Vail [MVP]" wrote:

> Was GP 10 installed in a different folder than GP 9? If not, there's your
> problem.  In order for security to be 'converted' GP 10 must be installed in
> a different folder.  Also, what service pack of GP10 did you install before
> running the Utilities?
> --
> Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP
> MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP
> MCBSP-Installation and Configuration for Microsoft Dynamics GP
>   cell: 972-814-8550
>   fax: 972-692-7472
>

> "Neil Palmer" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > We have just upgraded from Dynamics 9.0 SP4 to GP10. Doing the upgrade we
> > chose the option to transfer user security and pointed the the dynamics.set
> > file when asked.
> > The upgrade went fine and we thought all was OK - but now when we look at
> > the Roles in Dynamics - onloy the standard vs10 roles exist and none of the
> > CNV...... e.g. CNV_NeilP_TWO.... roles exist.
> >
> > Therefore it appears that even though the security iupgrade was specified
> > the upgrade of security did not work.
> >
> > Any ideas please.
> >

> > Thank you
> >
> > Neil
0
NeilPalmer (76)
2/27/2009 7:13:02 PM
Neil,

Is version 10 installed in a directory that has no spaces (i.e c:\GP10  )?
 I have experienced difficulties when attempting to update security when
there are spaces in the directory name.   I don't believe this issue has been
address in a sp yet.

"Neil Palmer" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yes it was installed to a different folder.
> The problem is that we forced the upgrade through by editing a field in the
> DU000030 tabel by changing its status from 70 to 0 - the error of this was:
> The security upgrade failed.
>
> Now the reason we forced it through was because whenever we click on Update
> during the Dynamics database upgrade - it does somethig but then returns to
> the Update button - and no matter what we try it keeps coming back to the
> Update button.
>
> If we try upgrade without the security it works fine.
>
> So obviously something is somewhere wrong with the security - but we have no
> idea what can cause the upgrade to fail.
>
> Initially we thought it may be due to locked forms dictionary but after
> running Validate on vs9 Advanced security we managed to remove locked forms
> dictionaires - so now have no idea what the problem may be.
>
> WE upgrdaded from GP9 SP1 to GP9 SP2 and then to GP10 SP3 (pure version).
>
> Cheers
> Neil
> --
> Thank you
>
> Neil
>

> "Leslie Vail [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Was GP 10 installed in a different folder than GP 9? If not, there's your
> > problem.  In order for security to be 'converted' GP 10 must be installed in
> > a different folder.  Also, what service pack of GP10 did you install before
> > running the Utilities?
> > --
> > Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP
> > MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP
> > MCBSP-Installation and Configuration for Microsoft Dynamics GP
> >   cell: 972-814-8550
> >   fax: 972-692-7472
> >

> > "Neil Palmer" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > We have just upgraded from Dynamics 9.0 SP4 to GP10. Doing the upgrade we
> > > chose the option to transfer user security and pointed the the dynamics.set
> > > file when asked.
> > > The upgrade went fine and we thought all was OK - but now when we look at
> > > the Roles in Dynamics - onloy the standard vs10 roles exist and none of the
> > > CNV...... e.g. CNV_NeilP_TWO.... roles exist.
> > >
> > > Therefore it appears that even though the security iupgrade was specified
> > > the upgrade of security did not work.
> > >
> > > Any ideas please.
> > >

> > > Thank you
> > >
> > > Neil
0
JW (8)
3/2/2009 3:49:02 AM
Hi, There are no spaves - GP10 is used. The only spaces are in Program Files...

Thank you

Neil

"JW" wrote:

> Neil,
>
> Is version 10 installed in a directory that has no spaces (i.e c:\GP10  )?
>  I have experienced difficulties when attempting to update security when
> there are spaces in the directory name.   I don't believe this issue has been
> address in a sp yet.
>
> "Neil Palmer" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Yes it was installed to a different folder.
> > The problem is that we forced the upgrade through by editing a field in the
> > DU000030 tabel by changing its status from 70 to 0 - the error of this was:
> > The security upgrade failed.
> >
> > Now the reason we forced it through was because whenever we click on Update
> > during the Dynamics database upgrade - it does somethig but then returns to
> > the Update button - and no matter what we try it keeps coming back to the
> > Update button.
> >
> > If we try upgrade without the security it works fine.
> >
> > So obviously something is somewhere wrong with the security - but we have no
> > idea what can cause the upgrade to fail.
> >
> > Initially we thought it may be due to locked forms dictionary but after
> > running Validate on vs9 Advanced security we managed to remove locked forms
> > dictionaires - so now have no idea what the problem may be.
> >
> > WE upgrdaded from GP9 SP1 to GP9 SP2 and then to GP10 SP3 (pure version).
> >
> > Cheers
> > Neil
> > --
> > Thank you
> >
> > Neil
> >

> > "Leslie Vail [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> > > Was GP 10 installed in a different folder than GP 9? If not, there's your
> > > problem.  In order for security to be 'converted' GP 10 must be installed in
> > > a different folder.  Also, what service pack of GP10 did you install before
> > > running the Utilities?
> > > --
> > > Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP
> > > MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP
> > > MCBSP-Installation and Configuration for Microsoft Dynamics GP
> > >   cell: 972-814-8550
> > >   fax: 972-692-7472

0
NeilPalmer (76)
3/2/2009 5:32:01 AM
------=_NextPart_0001_63704627

FYI:

Have a look at the following series of Blog posts for Security related information.

http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/11/10/microsoft-dynamics-gp-application-level-security-series.aspx

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP

Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.

------=_NextPart_0001_63704627

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang3081{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 FYI:
\par
\par Have a look at the following series of Blog posts for Security related information.
\par
\par http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/11/10/microsoft-dynamics-gp-application-level-security-series.aspx
\par
\par David Musgrave [MSFT]
\par Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
\par Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
\par
\par Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
\par http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
\par
\par mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
\par http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP
\par
\par Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_63704627--

0
dmusgrav7144 (312)
3/3/2009 3:28:27 AM
Hi,

The security did not fail when I upgraded to GP10 SP3 (build 10.0.1237 )
rather than from build 10.0.1193.

Any reason why this is so would be useful info to have.

Thank you

Neil

"David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:

> FYI:
>
> Have a look at the following series of Blog posts for Security related information.
>
> http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/11/10/microsoft-dynamics-gp-application-level-security-series.aspx
>
> David Musgrave [MSFT]
> Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
> Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
>
> Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
> http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
>
> mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
> http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP
>
> Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
NeilPalmer (76)
3/3/2009 5:10:05 AM
------=_NextPart_0001_B0A00054

Hi Neil

There was probably some bug fixed in this for the later build.

David

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP

Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.

------=_NextPart_0001_B0A00054

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang3081{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi Neil
\par
\par There was probably some bug fixed in this for the later build.
\par
\par David
\par
\par David Musgrave [MSFT]
\par Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
\par Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
\par
\par Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
\par http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
\par
\par mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
\par http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP
\par
\par Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_B0A00054--

0
dmusgrav7144 (312)

setup a schedule task in WIndows XP
Dear all, I want to write a batch file to set up a scheduled task in Windows XP: 1. copy a file c:\info.db to d:\ every 10 minutes 2. rename the copied file to a series by adding date time to prevent duplication, info 091125 0810.db , info 091125 0820.db etc 3. hidden the dos windows to avoid disturbance during and after the task execution Thanks Kent "Kent" <kft101@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OLeTwIYbKHA.1028@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Dear all, > > I want to write a batch file to set up a scheduled task in Windows XP: > > 1...

CRM Security issue with Administrator account
I am unable to add users in the CRM Development Manager. I try to create new users in the wizard, the users are listed, but after selecting the users, a warning pops up telling me I do not have "sufficient security priveleges" to add users. This is a problem because I have logged on as the Administrator. Any help??? I am willing to change Admin's security or create a new Admin.... Does the administrator have a valid CRM license? Mike "Douglas Hahn" <dhahn@digitaldim.com> wrote in message news:2af201c3e130$efd9e420$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am unable...

Security level from commadn line
Is it possible to set Excel's macro security level from the command line? I would like to use Very High when Excel starts because I doubleclicked an attachment in an email, but only Medium when I start Excel "manually". Why don't you just set security to medium, that way you will be prompted to enable or disable macros. There are switches that can be used on shortcuts http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/Q211/4/81.ASP&NoWebContent=1 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Erich Neuwirth" <erich.neuwirth@...

Lan security questions
Does implementing logon password protection offer any protection against an online virus or Trojan attack? Or does it only prevent local physical (or Lan) users from unauthorized access ? What does the term "common" user account mean ? Is this the same thing as "limited" user account ? From: "RB" <NoMail@NoSpam> | Does implementing logon password protection offer any protection against | an online virus or Trojan attack? | Or does it only prevent local physical (or Lan) users from unauthorized access ? | What does the term "common&...

Pivot Table Security in Excel
I have an excel file that I have created that contains a pivot table. The file is supposed to act as a kind of 'pivot table template' The idea is that a user could download this file from a server and then open it and use it as the basis for creating a pivot table. I have already created the datasource in the excel file, so the dimensions and metrics appear in the field list as soon as the file is opened. The problem I am having is I want to be able to restrict access to the cube and potentially some of the dimensions by user. But, if the datasource is already created and saved in t...

convert from IMO to Exchange and CW
Hello All, I have recently installed Exchange 2000 on my server and all of my desktops are using outlook 2002 in IMO mode. I need to convert the desktops to the Corporate model> I have looked for "how to" @ microsoft but cannot find any. Thanks in advance. RickD RickD wrote: > Hello All, > > I have recently installed Exchange 2000 on my server and > all of my desktops are using outlook 2002 in IMO mode. > > I need to convert the desktops to the Corporate model> > > I have looked for "how to" @ microsoft but cannot find any. That'...

GP10 SP3 UPDATE
We are running SP3 and ran into problems with payroll and direct deposit. We are re-installing a later version of SP3 and now when we attempt to log into a company the following error shows up: Anavailable update may be required for your computer but the update process could not verify information, then GP kicks us out. Any suggestions? -- Thanks for your help Jayne JayneShoe, Find the solution in my blog post below: http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/2008/12/available-update-may-be-required-for.html Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great ...

Rules in error after Upgrade to Outlook 2002
Hi, have just upgraded to Outlook 2002 from 2000 in order to support a new PDA (wish I hadn't now). I have a good number of rules & selected to convert them when Outlook first ran but now none of the "Move to Folder" work. I get the message 'Rules in Error - Cannot move to xx folder". When I look at the rules they all have 'specify folder' & I know that I need to go thru every one & reassign the folders. When I tried this yesterday Outlook crashed half-way thru & I lost all the previous changes. I can't just amend a few rules, Save & the...

Office 2000 upgraded to 2007 HELP SORTING IN ACCESS
OH MY GOODNESS!!! I know I'm behind on releases, but what a flippin' nightmare!! The learning curve for this release is going to be interesting. Anyway... When opening my Access database, all of my queries are grouped by type, then sorted alphabetically. How can I change the sort to be ONLY alphabetically. I have the queries labeled for the order in which they are to be executed. I want to see them in this order, regardless of type of query. PLEASE HELP!! After looking at this software, I'm sure I'll be here often asking what anyone highly familiar w...

HELP!! After Upgrading to POS 2.0 (NOT RMS), Reboot Takes 10-15 Minutes
After upgrading to POS 2.0 (NOT RMS) over the Thanksgiving holiday hoping to take advantage of the reputedly improved reporting and feature set, we now experience a 10-15 minute boot duration waiting for Point of Sale to fully start. Now, if the system crashes or loses database connectivity (over the wired LAN) during business hours, which it's prone to do at least once daily since upgrading, a reboot is required to get the cashier station to reconnect to the office db. The POS Manager (also POS 2.0) is installed on a backoffice PC running dual processors and 4GB RAM. The cashier...

Arghhh
I have one column of text and I want to convert it from mixed to UPPER Case. I thought I was following the instructions (in help) correctly, but it keeps saying that I have circular reference for the formula where text = "upper" for either 1 single cell or a number of cells in the column. Using Office 2002. Thanks for any help/suggestions. Diana Hi you have to use the formula =UPPER(A1) in a DIFFERENT cell and not in the same cell as the text resides in -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "DianaH" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsb...

Review of PaperSave integrated with GP10
We are looking into using PaperSave integrated with GP10 for several of our clients and wanted to see if there is anyone who has worked with this product before? If you have ... How easy is it to install and setup? Are there any issues with it we should be aware of before presenting it to clients? Is their support efficient and knowledgeable? Any information would be appreciated, thank you. We have a couple clients that use it and are happy with it. Both of them used Papersave to do the initial install and setup and from what I remember there is quite a bit to it (I belie...

Safepay in GP10
Hi, I have activated the "Safepay" through Adminstration-->Register--> (Ticked)Safepay. But i can see in Security Task for product details list. I cant see in Financial-->Routine-->safepay-->Configurator. Where this window of "safepay" has to be enable.How to verify that the module 'safepay' is installed or not. If any one know the solution , please reply. Regards Amit Amit, To verify is SafePay is currently installed, go to your Microsoft Windows Control Panel (Start > Control Panel). If running XP, double- click on Add/Remove Programs. If ru...

Disable Visual Basic Editor thru Security/Advanced Security
Question: Is there a way to disable Visual Basic Editor thru Security/ Advanced Security? We are modifying screens and so forth. The problem is, if an error occurs, we do not want the user to get the option to "Debug" the screen and have access to the underlining code. Also, whatever the resolution, would it be possible to propagate it down thru UserClass? Thanks in advance Tiger, The only way to prevent the Debug is to properly handle errors in VBA using On Error statements. Even if you didn't have access to the VBA editor but received an error it would open the debugge...

Social Security Numbers
I need to conceal part of a Social Security Number on reports I am printing, e.g., 012-34-5678 should look like xxx-xx-5678. I can't figure out how to do that when the SSN starts with a zero. Thanks ="xxx-xx-"&RIGHT(A1,4) >-----Original Message----- >I need to conceal part of a Social Security Number on reports I am printing, >e.g., 012-34-5678 should look like xxx-xx-5678. I can't figure out how to do >that when the SSN starts with a zero. > >Thanks >. > Not sure if this helps but....... Assuming the report picks up the social securit...

R4 ds/dsi firmware-drivers de R4 Sdhc. R4 ultra, R4 new, R4 III upgrade, R4 v3
Hola,, aqui teneis una web donde encontre una recopilacion de firmware o drivers de las R4 Sdhc ,R4 Ultra,R4 New, R4 III Upgrade. R4 Dsi, R4 ui. http://www.r4spain.com/tienda Pinchas en el enlace de arriba y en la parte inferior izda haces click en el boton DESCARGAR, aparecera un menu con muchos driver para distintas R4 DS. Espero que os sirva de ayuda. Saludetes Gorka ...

Exchange Upgrade
I am currently running Exchange 2000 on a windows 2000 Domain controller. I currently have a NT 4.0 server acting as a DC backup. I plan on removing the windows NT 4.0 server and add a new windows 2003 server. I plan on upgrading the exchange server to 2003 also. I have been told it is a bad idea to have both windows 2000 and windows 2003 domain controllers. From what I read here I must first upgrade my Exchange server and then upgrade the windows to 2003. MY approach would be to remove the NT 4.0 domain controller and then upgrade the Exchange server. I assume I need to do ADprep and Forest...

GP10 sending emails
Hello, I am unable to send email successfully (ie reports) using GP10 SP3 unless I have outlook open. Is it possible to send emails within GP10 without having Outlook open. If not then why? Thanks, jjc Dear JC By default, GP need not have Outlook to be open for sending the reports. Whenever you click send E-mail link in the report and choose Text or PDF format, it opens up the mail message with the attachment by default provided you have an active Outlook profile defined on that PC. Are you seeing the Outlook on your home page and if Yes, is it showing your Unread messages, Calen...

Where can I find RMS database security information?
I have developed a custom application for our company that automatically queries a RMS database, creates a custom report and then FTPs it to our server once a month. It is working fine on my developemnt machine agains a demo copy of RMS with a customer's database that I restored. The database doesn't seem to care what UN and PW I use to connect. I am wondering what type of security I am going to run into out in the real world. Is the database open so that no UN or PW is required? Where can I find information about RMS database security and developing third party applications...

Re-Assign Company also re-assigns tasks
If you are the owner of an account record in CRM & the account is re-assigned to someone else then all the activities (both open and history items!)are re-assigned to the new account owner. This is often not what is required - anyway that we can stop this so that re-assigning the account doesnt necessarily re-assign all activities related to it? Roger Sorry - please ignore this post; it's simple enough to do via Customisations, I was just loking in the wrong place before. Roger "Roger" <roger_id@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:50DBF649-9179-4275-8963-0CAE...

Advance Security #2
I'm using GP 7.0 on a Citrix Server When I try to user Advance Security it's telling me that some one else is using it and no one is using Advance Security. How can I fix this problem? Also at times while using Advance Security I will get log out of GP. Do anyone know why this happens? Thanks, Try this: Great Plains/Great Plains Standard on Microsoft SQL Server/MSDE 1. Make a backup of the DYNAMICS database. 2. Execute the following script in Query Analyzer or the Support Administrator Console: Delete DYNAMICS..SY00801 "KBrown" wrote: > I'm using GP ...

Exchange 2003 administration tasks summed up
Within our firm we are trying make an overview of all the administrative Exchange tasks we could do for customers. Is there anything like this already? I have been checking into the MOM template and we could take some things out of there but this aren't really tasks. I have found a lot on the MSDN site but these tasks are really related to Exchange programming, as you would expect. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 19:41:13 +0100, "Victor W." <victor-w@planet.nl> wrote: >Within our firm we are trying make an overview of all the ad...

converting from Quattro to Excel
I have a umber of spreadsheets that were written in Quattro Pro Windows version 6.0 with extensions wb2. I found conversions for Quattro Pro 7.0 to Excel 97 (which I have at work) and to Excel 2000 (which I have at home). They will not work with wb2. I cannot find conversions for Quattro Pro 6.0 (wb2) I also misplaced my original disks for Quattro Pro. Help! Gene ...

CRM 4.0
Hi All, I nedd to mapp more fields from CRM tasks to Outlook tasks and synchronize them in return e.g: - completition field - it isn't synchronized - new, customize fileds (bit fileds) added in CRM How can I resolve that? I will apreciate any help. Kind Regrds Lidia ...

can I convert .pub flyer someone made for me to html for web posting?
Can I take a .pub file someone just emailed me and convert it to html for posting on the web? I'm not familiar with publisher and haven't downloaded it yet. If I can do that task I will. Thanks in advance. It would be cheaper to have your sender convert the flyer to a web page and email it to you. Ask this over on the Publisher web design newsgroup. What web application will you be using? It probably would be easier to reconstruct the flyer using your software. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com <cvco@co...