GP10 install.dll error when creating new company

Hi,

When I try to create a new company in GP10 I am getting an install.dll error.

Any ideas of how to resolve this.
Neil
0
NeilPalmer (76)

setting a deadline for a update to install
hi when setting an deadline for an update to install, what happens when it reaches that deadline? i have a lot of updates with errors i.e failed to install. (mainly .net framework 1.0 service pack 3) so when this deadline passes, does it just remove the update, or does it force the update to install, and then presumably a reboot if it needs it? thanks. Repeat: Post about WSUS issues here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverwsus/threads PS: I'd start looking for a new job IIWY. LithiumKid1976 wrote: > hi > when setting an deadli...

Help is needed in creating a special Order-Products Report
I am trying to create an order-products report through the CRM 4.0 report wizard that is intended to display a list of order-products grouped by the account and then by the order itself The filter will be: - The parent opportunity Potential Customer.Region/Country - The order close date - Order status=Fulfilled I am rather confused!! Any ideas on how to do that ?? I managed to get the report I want. Here are the report wizard parameters: Primary record type = Orders Related record type = Order Products (Order) Filter Criteria ---------------- Order.Status= Active;Fulfilled Customer(A...

Installing add-ins to Publisher 2002
I'm a former Mac user. Adding extensions on the Mac was a simple function of dropping the new extension file into the extension folder of the application. On the PC, I've just downloaded several "add-ins" for Publisher 2002. They're sitting on my desktop in zip files. How do I install or apply those add-in files to Publisher 2002? Tools, add-ins, browse... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "geacea" <geacea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8615184-7156-4642-866...

Review of PaperSave integrated with GP10
We are looking into using PaperSave integrated with GP10 for several of our clients and wanted to see if there is anyone who has worked with this product before? If you have ... How easy is it to install and setup? Are there any issues with it we should be aware of before presenting it to clients? Is their support efficient and knowledgeable? Any information would be appreciated, thank you. We have a couple clients that use it and are happy with it. Both of them used Papersave to do the initial install and setup and from what I remember there is quite a bit to it (I belie...

Create Trials/Demos
I'd like to create 30 day trial version of my DLL. How can I do that? Are there some open source/freeware libraries? Thank you. "Oliver Young" <none> wrote in message news:%23xhLrDprDHA.2248@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > > I'd like to create 30 day trial version of my DLL. How can I do that? > Are there some open source/freeware libraries? Secrete a key value somewhere in the registry with your time of install (in milliseconds from 1980). HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Notepad - lfKerningAdjust will do. Nobody ever looks at those things. Chec...

What updates installed?
Hi, Is there any way I can tell what Exchange updates have been installed on an Exchange 2000 server? Thanks, Peter Hi, you should see that in the Exchange system manager, in the part "servers" containing the exchange servers. Another possibility is to view in the properties of the "store.exe" file. Bye. -- Thierry DEMAN-BARCEL� MVP Exchange,SQL/Server FAQ Exchange: http://faqexchange.dyndns.org Site personnel: http://webfamilial.dyndns.org/thierry/pageprincipale.htm <Peter Kaufman> wrote in message news:6u0u719e69traarb09103ou9rkpvskfod3@4ax.com... > H...

GP10 SP3 UPDATE
We are running SP3 and ran into problems with payroll and direct deposit. We are re-installing a later version of SP3 and now when we attempt to log into a company the following error shows up: Anavailable update may be required for your computer but the update process could not verify information, then GP kicks us out. Any suggestions? -- Thanks for your help Jayne JayneShoe, Find the solution in my blog post below: http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/2008/12/available-update-may-be-required-for.html Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great ...

Microsoft CRM Client installed on Term Serv 2003
I have installed the CRM Client on Term serv 2003 and used the TermInstall.cmd for the clients. If I install the Client Desktop logged in as the User I get the Microsoft CRM Menu in Outlook 2003 and everything works great. I can never get it to work using the TermInstall.cmd script? the script runs and the Reg Keys are there for both the CRMClient hive and the office\outlook\addin under HKCU. ...

Creating one trendline for multiple series
Hi, I have a document withfour different series and these are all plotted onto one curve. I want a trendline that fits all four series of data onto one trendline. I don't want to create a new series with all of the data and then fit a trendline to that. Is there any way I can just fit one to all four sets of data? Thanks > I don't want to create a new series with all of the data and then fit a > trendline to that. Is there any way I can just fit one to all four sets of > data? Unfortunately this is how it has to be done. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel...

OMA error
I have OMA setup, but I can not login. I get prompted to login, supply my credentials and receive the error: A System error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator. The exchange 2003 log has a 1507 event error. Does anyone know what this error is? "drd" <cbts4me@hotmail.com> wrote: >I have OMA setup, but I can not login. I get prompted to login, supply my >credentials and receive the error: A System error has occurred while >processing your request. Please try again. If the problem persis...

CDialog created by extension dll in non-MFC app
I have a non-mfc app dynamically loading a shared mfc extension dll which depends on a bunch of extension mfc dlls. When one of these dlls creates a CDialog, I get an assert and the dialog is not created. This led to me to learn a bit more on the subject, and rewrite the intermediate dll to be a regular dll (and use AFX_MANAGE_STATE). Now it works as expected. However, (after committing my changes), I decided to revert them and test what would have happened in release (out of curiosity, and also to validate my effort). I expected either a crash, or just no dialog. Instead, I found that the dia...

Rules in error after Upgrade to Outlook 2002
Hi, have just upgraded to Outlook 2002 from 2000 in order to support a new PDA (wish I hadn't now). I have a good number of rules & selected to convert them when Outlook first ran but now none of the "Move to Folder" work. I get the message 'Rules in Error - Cannot move to xx folder". When I look at the rules they all have 'specify folder' & I know that I need to go thru every one & reassign the folders. When I tried this yesterday Outlook crashed half-way thru & I lost all the previous changes. I can't just amend a few rules, Save & the...

error R6031
My MFC app uses load-time dynamic linking with my dll and this dll uses run-time dynamic linking to my another dll. /clr compiler switch is not used in app neither in dlls. Both dlls has DllMain() function wrapped in: #ifdef _MANAGED #pragma managed(push, off) #endif DllMain() {...} #ifdef _MANAGED #pragma managed(pop) #endif When MFC app is exited there appears error message: RunTime Error ! ....path to app.exe R6031 - Attempt to initialize the CRT more than once. This indicates bug in your application. Any ideas ? Peter Which version of VS? When you entered the debugger, what did ...

Creating html Newsletters
I'm creating a page in Dreamweaver. I then cut and paste the code into an Outlook Express email (source tab), but it seems Outlook express will only accept so many lines of code. It won't allow the 7 lines of code at the end of the page. So I have Outlook 2003 - Trying to send it but it appears there is no way to actually use your own code in html emails.....is this true or is there a way for me to send this. Thanks. Never mind. Had to download Netscape and use the mail feature - it works fine. Suprised I had to go to a non-microsoft product to do such a simple task. "D...

HTML Messages with Pictures Do Not Print Correctly After You Install Internet Ex
HTML JPG pictures are attachments, not in the email message, in my Outlook 2000 (w/ SP1). The OS is Win2K_SP4. IE6SP1 is installed. KB 271562 indicates a hotfix is available. Can you provide it? Thank you, Doug Contact Microsoft per the articles instructions. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Doug Sherman asked: | HTML JPG pictures are attachment...

should I install MSE?
I am using XP 5.1 with service pack 3 - outlook express 6. I am using AVG 9.0 - Adware 8.1, spybot and spyware blaster. I could use some advice please - should I remove all of these programs, or some of these programs and install Microsoft's Security essentials (MSE). I have researched on the computer and see good comments about MSE. IF I do take off the programs I have and install MSE do I also need Microsoft Defender. Thank you in advance for your help. Cindy Already answered, please dont multi post "Cindy" <cinb@suddenlink.net> wrote i...

SBS2003, MSExchangeAL Errors, Event ID: 8331
Hi, My Event Log is full of the message below: Source: MSExchangeAL Category: Address List Synchronization Description: The service threw an unexpected exception which was caught at f:\titanium\dsa\lra\abv_dg\lservagent.cpp(4511) Any thoughts? There are no other Exchange messages "around" this one; it's just this same event logged over 'n over. Thanks, Jon Grieve Southdown House Software Ltd. Try running setup /forestprep and setup /domainprep again - I found at least one other case here in support where that resolved this. After running the forestprep and domainp...

Safepay in GP10
Hi, I have activated the "Safepay" through Adminstration-->Register--> (Ticked)Safepay. But i can see in Security Task for product details list. I cant see in Financial-->Routine-->safepay-->Configurator. Where this window of "safepay" has to be enable.How to verify that the module 'safepay' is installed or not. If any one know the solution , please reply. Regards Amit Amit, To verify is SafePay is currently installed, go to your Microsoft Windows Control Panel (Start > Control Panel). If running XP, double- click on Add/Remove Programs. If ru...

Office 2004 applics won't run after Install

Office Plus Installation Glitch
Everytime I open Excel 2007, a windows installer opens and then progresses through a series of windows that tells me to wait while the installer configures Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007. I can cancel out of the installation and Excel seems to work fine. I would like to eliminate this seemingly useless process. Can anyone help? either turn off uac and open office, or right click on it and run it as an administrator. then turn it back on. if you have installed more than 1 version of office, the it's a different issue. post back or search for office NoReReg and f...

In creating a spreadsheet how can I lock a formula cell only?
I am trying to create a spreadsheet in Excell and want to lock the formula cells to they cannot be typed over accidently destroying the function?? Bob By default all cells are locked when the sheet is protected. Hit CRTL + A(twice if xl2003) then Format>Cells>Protection. Uncheck "locked" and OK. Select the cells you wish to lock and Format>Cells>Protection. Check "locked" and OK. Now Tools>Protection>Protect Sheet. This is mandatory!! You can set a password to unprotect. These can easily be broken in Excel but will keep your formulas from being ...

Outlook locks up when running crmaddin.dll
Greetings: I have read all of the posts and changed the system settings for Outlook Sync re: checking for promoted email but am still having a problem. My Outlook Mailbox is less than 250,000 kb in size. If I load the crmaddin.dll in my Outlook COMM addins, and then launch MS Outlook, my Outlook memory usage rises until it locks my entire system. I have tried re-installing the CRM Outlook client but the problem continues. I am running XP Pro, SP2, 2-GB RAM, 2GHz CPU Outlook 2003. Any thoughts would be appreciated. R I would suggest that you make sure that you remove not only the CRM c...

Great Plains Company Creation
Is it possible to create a sub-company that includes some data from the Master Company or another company, so you do not need to repopulate a lot of the data that already exists in other companies, such as the chart of accounts, country codes, etc. There is only options in the company creation routine that allow for duplicating user security. ...

A macro I've created in WORD2007 doesn't work in OUTLOOK2007
A simple macro (just reverses characters when I incorrectly type them.. e.g. acb becomes abc) created in WORD 2007 doesn't run in OUTLOOK 2007 - doesn't seem to be a "record macro" in OUTLOOK 2007 (nor any references to macros in OUTLOOK ribbon bars etc) Had no trouble when I used WORD 2003, etc... Cheers Kenn Raymond "Kenn Raymond" <KennRaymond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91634D92-0E65-4DFE-99F4-011196FB22B1@microsoft.com... > A simple macro (just reverses characters when I incorrectly type them.. > e.g....

Publisher 2002 install after Office XP sp3 installed
Does anyone know what happens if you install Publisher 2002 on to a pc with Office XP Pro already installed with Office XP SP3 already installed? Does the SP3 have to be reinstalled after Publisher is added? Victor Alonso wrote: > Does anyone know what happens if you install Publisher 2002 on to a pc with > Office XP Pro already installed with Office XP SP3 already installed? Does > the SP3 have to be reinstalled after Publisher is added? The update will be applied. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provi...