GP Upgrade problem

During my upgrade of one of my companies (from gp8-gp10)
It told me I had to manually delete GL30000 table.

I did this, now when I came to upgrade again it fell over, as GL30000 did
not exist.

So I did a DTS of the GL30000 table back into the Company (less the rows)

I now get

ERROR [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Invalid column name
'DEX_ROW_TS'.

rather stuck
0
Chris6982 (632)

Also

Moving on from this, if i ignore this company,

then go to add in other products that we use for companies , I then run into
with 2
companies this issue

Database xxxx
Revenue Expense Defferals
Product 1045 does not support upgrading from version 7.50 and prior

How do I tell it to either ignore this, or can i edit a table/tables/data to
remove the fact that these companies once had these old versions on

and

Cashbook
Product 1058 does not support upgrading from version 5.50 and prior

"chris" wrote:

> During my upgrade of one of my companies (from gp8-gp10)
> It told me I had to manually delete GL30000 table.
>
> I did this, now when I came to upgrade again it fell over, as GL30000 did
> not exist.
>
> So I did a DTS of the GL30000 table back into the Company (less the rows)
>
> I now get
>
> ERROR [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Invalid column name
> 'DEX_ROW_TS'.
>
> rather stuck
0
Chris6982 (632)
11/23/2007 12:08:00 PM
Hi Chris

To remove thrid party products please do the following:

1. Locate the Dynamics.set file in the local Microsoft Dynamics GP folder.
2. Make a backup of the Dynamics.set file.
3. Right-click the Dynamics.set file, and then click Edit.

Note The Dynamics.set file will open in Notepad. For example, the
Dynamics.set file resembles the following:
Microsoft Dynamics GP
Product_ID_Number
Third-party_Product_Name
Windows
:C: Microsoft Dynamics GP/Dynamics.dic
:C: Microsoft Dynamics GP/Forms.dic
:C: Microsoft Dynamics GP/Reports.dic
:C: Microsoft Dynamics GP/EXP1493.DIC
:C: Microsoft Dynamics GP/EXP1493F.DIC
:C: Microsoft Dynamics GP/EXP1493R.DIC
4. To modify the Dynamics.set file, follow these steps: a.  Change the
number on the first line to 1. When you do this, Microsoft Dynamics GP knows
that only one product will load.
b.  Delete the third-party product product ID.
c.  Delete the third-party product name.
d.  Remove the paths of the dictionaries that are loaded for this product.
For example, in the file that is shown in step 3, the last three lines must
be deleted.
For example, the changed Dynamics.set file resembles the following:
Microsoft Dynamics GP
Windows
:C:Microsoft Dynamics GP/Dynamics.dic
:C:Microsoft Dynamics GP/Forms.dic
:C:Microsoft Dynamics GP/Reports.dic
When Microsoft Dynamics GP is started on the workstation on which the
Dynamics.set file has been modified, the third-party product does not start.
Only Microsoft Dynamics GP starts.

Customer Source article # 872087 explains the process.

Fliehigh

"chris" wrote:

> Also
>
> Moving on from this, if i ignore this company,
>
> then go to add in other products that we use for companies , I then run into
> with 2
> companies this issue
>
> Database xxxx
> Revenue Expense Defferals
> Product 1045 does not support upgrading from version 7.50 and prior
>

> How do I tell it to either ignore this, or can i edit a table/tables/data to
> remove the fact that these companies once had these old versions on
>

> and
>
> Cashbook
> Product 1058 does not support upgrading from version 5.50 and prior
>

> "chris" wrote:
>
> > During my upgrade of one of my companies (from gp8-gp10)
> > It told me I had to manually delete GL30000 table.
> >
> > I did this, now when I came to upgrade again it fell over, as GL30000 did
> > not exist.
> >
> > So I did a DTS of the GL30000 table back into the Company (less the rows)
> >
> > I now get
> >
> > ERROR [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Invalid column name
> > 'DEX_ROW_TS'.
> >
> > rather stuck
0
Fliehigh (443)
11/23/2007 12:18:00 PM
How does editing the dynamics.set help.

I may edit the dynutils.set

which i have down to Dynamics,dynutils and currently just aa

"Fliehigh" wrote:

> [...]
> >
> > Database xxxx
> > Revenue Expense Defferals
> > Product 1045 does not support upgrading from version 7.50 and prior
> >

> > How do I tell it to either ignore this, or can i edit a table/tables/data to
> > remove the fact that these companies once had these old versions on
> >

> > and
> >
> > Cashbook
> > Product 1058 does not support upgrading from version 5.50 and prior
> >

> > "chris" wrote:
> >
> > > During my upgrade of one of my companies (from gp8-gp10)
> > > It told me I had to manually delete GL30000 table.
> > >
> > > I did this, now when I came to upgrade again it fell over, as GL30000 did
> > > not exist.
> > >
> > > So I did a DTS of the GL30000 table back into the Company (less the rows)
> > >
> > > I now get
> > >
> > > ERROR [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Invalid column name

0
Chris6982 (632)
11/26/2007 9:04:00 AM
Hi Chris

Third party software and really any dynamics module load from the set file.
If they are not listed int he set they do not load the GP application does
not see them installed.

Fliehigh

"chris" wrote:

> How does editing the dynamics.set help.
>
> I may edit the dynutils.set
>
> which i have down to Dynamics,dynutils and currently just aa
>

> "Fliehigh" wrote:
>
> > Hi Chris
> >
> > To remove thrid party products please do the following:
> >
> > 1. Locate the Dynamics.set file in the local Microsoft Dynamics GP folder.
> > 2. Make a backup of the Dynamics.set file.
> > 3. Right-click the Dynamics.set file, and then click Edit.
> >
> > Note The Dynamics.set file will open in Notepad. For example, the
> > Dynamics.set file resembles the following:
> > 2
> > 0
> > Microsoft Dynamics GP
> > Product_ID_Number
> > Third-party_Product_Name
> > Windows
> > :C: Microsoft Dynamics GP/Dynamics.dic
> > :C: Microsoft Dynamics GP/Forms.dic
> > :C: Microsoft Dynamics GP/Reports.dic
> > :C: Microsoft Dynamics GP/EXP1493.DIC
> > :C: Microsoft Dynamics GP/EXP1493F.DIC
> > :C: Microsoft Dynamics GP/EXP1493R.DIC
> > 4. To modify the Dynamics.set file, follow these steps: a.  Change the
> > number on the first line to 1. When you do this, Microsoft Dynamics GP knows
> > that only one product will load.
> > b.  Delete the third-party product product ID.
> > c.  Delete the third-party product name.
> > d.  Remove the paths of the dictionaries that are loaded for this product.
> > For example, in the file that is shown in step 3, the last three lines must
> > be deleted.
> > For example, the changed Dynamics.set file resembles the following:
> > 1
> > 0
> > Microsoft Dynamics GP
> > Windows
> > :C:Microsoft Dynamics GP/Dynamics.dic
> > :C:Microsoft Dynamics GP/Forms.dic
> > :C:Microsoft Dynamics GP/Reports.dic
> > When Microsoft Dynamics GP is started on the workstation on which the
> > Dynamics.set file has been modified, the third-party product does not start.
> > Only Microsoft Dynamics GP starts.
> >
> > Customer Source article # 872087 explains the process.
> >
> > Fliehigh
> >
> > "chris" wrote:
> >
> > > Also
> > >
> > > Moving on from this, if i ignore this company,
> > >
> > > then go to add in other products that we use for companies , I then run into
> > > with 2
> > > companies this issue
> > >
> > > Database xxxx
> > > Revenue Expense Defferals
> > > Product 1045 does not support upgrading from version 7.50 and prior
> > >

> > > How do I tell it to either ignore this, or can i edit a table/tables/data to
> > > remove the fact that these companies once had these old versions on
> > >

> > > and
> > >
> > > Cashbook
> > > Product 1058 does not support upgrading from version 5.50 and prior

0
Fliehigh (443)

Going Live with GP

upgrade
I have the Money98 Financial Suit Version 6. Can I upgrade to Money 2004 Deluxe without physically reentering all the data now in Money 98? If you stay with the same localization, (i.e., no M98UK->M04US) M04 is **supposed** to be able to upgrade your data file seamlessly. Some people have been less fortunate. "Manfred" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:143401c3dfa8$5c009e30$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have the Money98 Financial Suit Version 6. Can I > upgrade to Money 2004 Deluxe without physically reentering > all the data now in Money 9...

Migrating data from GP to GP

problem deleting mailbox
I had some trouble with a echange mailbox. So i deleted the mailbox from the user, and created a new one again. All problems are over now, so that worked... but..... When i now go to the exchange system manager, and i go to: Servers->servername->first storage group->mailbox store->mailboxes i get a overview of all users mailboxes sizes etc... But the user from wich i deleted his mailbox and then added it again, now has 2 Mailboxes in this overview!?! is this normal? Why didn't exchange remove the old mailbox completely? it is a pretty large mailbox of about 500Mb, so now, if ...

Worksheet().Range.Calculate Problem
I am having a major problem with these two lines of code in my otherwise great reporting tool: Worksheets("Goals Tracker").Select Worksheets("Goals Tracker").Range("G3:GA712").Calculate These 2 lines freezes up my computer to the point that I can't use any other application on my computer. It takes forever (over an hour, the last time I let it run complete) to calculate one sheet in the workbook. I need to find out if there is another way to get this done faster. Any help will be appreaciated. There's no need to select the worksheet in o...

WDDK driver problem
Hi, I'm developing a WDDM driver, currently I have skeleton user mode and miniport drivers. After installation and rebooting on Win7 I'm getting the following call sequence. DriverEntry DxgkDdiAddDevice DxgkDdiQueryInterface {2564aa4f-dddb-4495-b497-6ad4a84163d7} I2C DxgkDdiQueryInterface {bf4672de-6b4e-4be4-a325-68a91ea49c9} OPM DxgkDdiStartDevice DxgkDdiQueryChildRelations DxgkDdiStopDevice DxgkDdiRemoveDevice DxgkDdiUnload I can't see any debug message that clarify the reason for choosing to use the VGA driver instead of my WDDM driver (I'm enabling VI...

GP concurrent user and SQL 2005 CAL

MFC and IP problem
Hello, I have a simple mfc application(exe) and i want to know If it is possible to get back the IP address of a machine which is to connect has my PC by ethernet and to show it in a IP case in my MFC application. Thank you Not very clear what are you talking about. Do you want to know the local IP address? or may be address of different PC in the same LAN? <john.ambou@free.fr> wrote in message news:1144920653.682354.258970@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > I have a simple mfc application(exe) and i want to know If it is > possible to get back the IP address ...

Problems with network printers
Having some issues with publisher in a networked environment. The user will create a publication from one location, save it, open it in a different location, and print to the printer assigned to the original location. I was told that this was due to embedding. Printers are pushed down from printer scripts assigned through GP. Any help on this issue would be REALLY appreciated.. Thank you.. :) -Eric The user should not simply click the Printer icon. The user should open the print dialog (File, Print) and select the desired printer from the list. If the desired printer is not i...

Contract Administration problem
Hi I am setting up Contract Admin for the first time. However, having done all setups and on entering a new contract via Transactions>Contract Admin>Contract Entry Update and selecting "New" I get the following mesage :- "A valid document number could not be found" I cannot find anything on knowledgebase. Any ideas or suggestions would be gratefully received. Rod Found the following: Please make a backup before deleting any records. This my be caused by a bad record in the SVC00608 (Contract Site Header) table. Execute the following script in SQL against t...

Array problem? List comparison?
Hey, Let me set up what I'm trying to do. I have 3 columns with the following data. A: 10, 20, 30 B: X, Y, Z C: 28, 8, 1 Now, I have a last column, D, which I'm trying to figure out the correct formula for. I want D to return the following: Look at column A, find the smallest number that's greater than the adjacent cell in column C, and then return the adjacent cell in column B. So, in this example, column D should read: D: Z, X, X I can't figure this out. I think it has to do with arrays, but I'm not too sure. If anyone has any insight on how to ...

Fabrication and GP

Installing Office 07 on Vista (Problem Encountered)
My previous version of office corrupted and won't run, now when I try to install a new version to the same location it fails. I cannot uninstall the older version because it is corrupt - I was wondering if there is a walk-through for a manual uninstall or some support I don't have to pay $40 for. "Karl Neumann" <Karl Neumann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E653F052-BEA5-419D-AF5C-047A2D6FFF21@microsoft.com... > My previous version of office corrupted and won't run, now when I try to > install a new version to the same location i...

.XValues syntax problem
I am writing a macro that includes assigning x-values from the third column of Sheet 1 to the active chart: ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).XValues = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("C2:C105") However, when I change the range-referencing to cells-style, I get an error: ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).XValues = Sheets("Sheet1").Range(Cells(1,3),Cells(105,3)) The error says: "Method of 'Cells' of object '_Global' failed Does the XValues argument not take Cells-style referencing? I ask because what I really want to do is assign a variable to the ...

Problems with windows rights management client
I've installed Windows Rights Management Server on a windows 2003 server and it appears to be working fine because I can go to the administration page. But I'm having problem with the client portion. I've installed the "windows rights management client 1.0" (msdrmclient.exe) and the "windows right management add- on for IE" (rmusetup.exe) on my Windows Xp (sp2). I use Outlook 2003 with an exchange client to an Exchange 2003 server. I then create a new message in outlook and click on the 'permissions (restricted)' icon and I get this message: ...

Upgrade to 1.3
We are contemplating upgrading to Version 1.3 of MS RMS. We have been told that we cannot have HQ and Store running on different versions whilst they are making connections. So this would mean stopping the connections until HQ and all stores are upgraded. Is this correct? If this is correct, suggestion to MS - make it possible to keep the business running whilst doing an upgrade - e.g. allow upgraded HQ to support connections from Stores that are still to be upgraded? This is not true. I am currently going through the upgrade process. I have 7 stores on 1.3 while HQ is running 1.2. ...

upgrade CRM 3.0
I try to upgrade CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0, but the upgrade fails. I get this error message in Log file: System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ImportDefaultDataAction failed. ---> System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource) at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add) at Microsoft.Crm.Metadata.LabelCollection..ctor(XmlNodeList nodes, String collectionName, String labelName) at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ImportExportPublish.Import...

GP 9 Upgrade and SQL Server 2000 sp4

problem inserting photo in publisher
when i insert photo from file the photo is blank in publisher Based on Publisher 2000; I'd look at View, Picture display and/or Control Panel Display, Settings, Advanced, Troubleshoot tab, and lower the acceleration setting. -- Don Vancouver USA "jj" <jj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B473DE7-5794-409E-821B-0B0BD18A8E10@microsoft.com... > when i insert photo from file the photo is blank in publisher How are you inserting the photo? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "jj" <jj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Upgrading from GP 9 to GP 10

Problem with Retail Realm Price Matrix
hey everyone, we have a cash and carry store and we installed RR Customer price matrix(CPM) with RMS. the problem is as soon as we install CPM our transaction screen becomes very slow especially when there are more than 15 items in the transaction which in our case is always. does anybody else had the same problem with this utilitie and how did they solve this problem. thank you in advance I have not used this addon but have you tried contacting Retail Realm to see what they say? Rob "Shoby" <Shoby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B35243EC-6C05...

Payroll GP 10.0

Child Window and SetFocus problem.
Hi, I have a Dialog based GUI application. I later on create some child windows(CWnd based) on the surface of my dialog (which look like 3d circles) and allow the user to drag them around. My problem is that when a user click on one of the circles, I do an explicit SetFocus() for that window and then handle all its input etc.... But then if i now leave this window in a selected state and now Alt tab to some other application, and try to come back to my app, it hangs and doesnt paint itself. The same problem can happen if i use the Menu and choose an option which results in another dial...

Balance problems
To start I manually enter all transactions. I'm having troble with balances on the screen everthing is good then when I go to print I get a very different running balance. It started a couple month ago. I even started from scratch and after balancing last months checking account it is doing the same thing. I have been using money for many years and this is the first time I've seriously thought of changing programs In microsoft.public.money, tvan wrote: >To start I manually enter all transactions. I'm having troble with balances >on the screen everthing is good then wh...