GP upgrade from 8 to 10 error message

I upgrade from GP7.5 to GP8 few months back and now I am trying to upgrade it
to GP10 in lab environment. I followed the line by line instruction in
upgrade instructions. I also installed sp3 but whenever I try to urn GP
Utility it is giving me this error message "Database Name" Advanced security
product 3104 does not support upgrading from version 7.50 or prior" "report
scheduler Product 3278 does not support upgrading from version 7.50"
Any help will be appreciated. Please be gentle it is my first time that I am
playing with this product.
Thanks,
0
Abid1 (10)

Abid,

You may have to force an upgrade on these by changing the product version in
the DYNAMICS..DB_UPGRADE table for both Advanced Security and Report
Scheduler. The product version should be compatible with a version supported
by 10.0 upgrade.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Abid" wrote:

> I upgrade from GP7.5 to GP8 few months back and now I am trying to upgrade it
> to GP10 in lab environment. I followed the line by line instruction in
> upgrade instructions. I also installed sp3 but whenever I try to urn GP
> Utility it is giving me this error message "Database Name" Advanced security
> product 3104 does not support upgrading from version 7.50 or prior" "report
> scheduler Product 3278 does not support upgrading from version 7.50"
> Any help will be appreciated. Please be gentle it is my first time that I am
> playing with this product.
> Thanks,
0
MarianoGomez (3444)
11/18/2008 6:23:01 PM
Abi,

Did you get any resolution to this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Abi wrote:

GP upgrade from 8 to 10 error message
14-Nov-08

I upgrade from GP7.5 to GP8 few months back and now I am trying to upgrade it
to GP10 in lab environment. I followed the line by line instruction in
upgrade instructions. I also installed sp3 but whenever I try to urn GP
Utility it is giving me this error message "Database Name" Advanced security
product 3104 does not support upgrading from version 7.50 or prior" "report
scheduler Product 3278 does not support upgrading from version 7.50"
Any help will be appreciated. Please be gentle it is my first time that I am
playing with this product.
Thanks,

On 14 November 2008 21:31
Abi wrote:

GP upgrade from 8 to 10 error message
I upgrade from GP7.5 to GP8 few months back and now I am trying to upgrade it
to GP10 in lab environment. I followed the line by line instruction in
upgrade instructions. I also installed sp3 but whenever I try to urn GP
Utility it is giving me this error message "Database Name" Advanced security
product 3104 does not support upgrading from version 7.50 or prior" "report
scheduler Product 3278 does not support upgrading from version 7.50"
Any help will be appreciated. Please be gentle it is my first time that I am
playing with this product.
Thanks,

On 18 November 2008 13:23
MarianoGome wrote:

Abid,You may have to force an upgrade on these by changing the product version
Abid,

You may have to force an upgrade on these by changing the product version in
the DYNAMICS..DB_UPGRADE table for both Advanced Security and Report
Scheduler. The product version should be compatible with a version supported
by 10.0 upgrade.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
Maximum Global Business, LLC
http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com

"Abid" wrote:

Javascript Debugging Tools for AJAX Developers
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/a4a16033-9811-45dc-8c6b-15d093c0c3ea/javascript-debugging-tool.aspx
0
Rob
11/20/2009 10:54:50 PM
Guys,

This issue is related to the upgrade to GP 8.0 from 7.5, Advanced security
and report scheduler modules were not properly upgraded, your options now is
either to reperform the update or Remove the lines related to those modules
from DU00020 and DB_Upgrade tables in Dynamics database.

Regards,
--
Mohammad R. Daoud
MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS

"Rob" wrote:

> Abi,
>
> Did you get any resolution to this issue?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>

> Abi wrote:
>
> GP upgrade from 8 to 10 error message
> 14-Nov-08
>
> I upgrade from GP7.5 to GP8 few months back and now I am trying to upgrade it
> to GP10 in lab environment. I followed the line by line instruction in
> upgrade instructions. I also installed sp3 but whenever I try to urn GP
> Utility it is giving me this error message "Database Name" Advanced security
> product 3104 does not support upgrading from version 7.50 or prior" "report
> scheduler Product 3278 does not support upgrading from version 7.50"
> Any help will be appreciated. Please be gentle it is my first time that I am
> playing with this product.
> Thanks,

> On 14 November 2008 21:31
> Abi wrote:
>
> GP upgrade from 8 to 10 error message
> I upgrade from GP7.5 to GP8 few months back and now I am trying to upgrade it
> to GP10 in lab environment. I followed the line by line instruction in
> upgrade instructions. I also installed sp3 but whenever I try to urn GP
> Utility it is giving me this error message "Database Name" Advanced security
> product 3104 does not support upgrading from version 7.50 or prior" "report
> scheduler Product 3278 does not support upgrading from version 7.50"
> Any help will be appreciated. Please be gentle it is my first time that I am
> playing with this product.
> Thanks,
>
> On 18 November 2008 13:23
> MarianoGome wrote:
>
> Abid,You may have to force an upgrade on these by changing the product version
> Abid,
>
> You may have to force an upgrade on these by changing the product version in
> the DYNAMICS..DB_UPGRADE table for both Advanced Security and Report
> Scheduler. The product version should be compatible with a version supported
> by 10.0 upgrade.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "Abid" wrote:

> Javascript Debugging Tools for AJAX Developers
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/a4a16033-9811-45dc-8c6b-15d093c0c3ea/javascript-debugging-tool.aspx
> .

Bugs & Errors
Hi, I think I can say that I am a power user of WMP 11 after having organized 135.000+ songs. I have noticed some bugs and/or errors. for many of them I haveh work arounds as well. Any idea where I could post this in an attempt to get this better with a future release and to see if there is solutions that I do not know about? Joost Since WMP12 is out, I suspect the general development on WMP11 is "complete", minus things that sustained engineering deems necessary/critical. So: if it's really a WMP11 issue, actual support might be the best path. Depending...

Going Live with GP

upgrade
I have the Money98 Financial Suit Version 6. Can I upgrade to Money 2004 Deluxe without physically reentering all the data now in Money 98? If you stay with the same localization, (i.e., no M98UK->M04US) M04 is **supposed** to be able to upgrade your data file seamlessly. Some people have been less fortunate. "Manfred" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:143401c3dfa8$5c009e30$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have the Money98 Financial Suit Version 6. Can I > upgrade to Money 2004 Deluxe without physically reentering > all the data now in Money 9...

Error on page #2
I'm getting the following error when opening a report. Using CRM 4.0 on a Windows XP desktop and have tried both IE6 and IE7. Microsoft Dynamics CRM Error Report Contents <CrmScriptErrorReport> <ReportVersion>1.0</ReportVersion> <ScriptErrorDetails> <Message>Automation server can't create object</Message> <Line>18</Line> <URL>/Corporation/crmreports/viewer/viewer.aspx?id={52B2C34D-A7DD-DD11-9EE1-001C23CEBA7D}&helpID=User%20Summary.rdl&action=filter</URL> <PageURL>/Corporation/crmreports/viewer/viewe...

unable to delete message
I received an email that I cannot open, cannot delete, cannot access the options or anything. I receive a message "Unknown error" or "Can't open this item" or "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." I would like to be rid of these... any suggestions? BTW, I use office 2003. erm, if you've got owa try using that to delete them N "Matt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06c601c3ce1d$f983be40$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I received an email that I cannot o...

Entourage 2008 error
My boss is using Mac OS X 10.5.8 with Entourage Version 12.2.0 (090605) Latest Installed Update 12.2.1. He got some issue on when open Entourage. Error display as below: 1st error message Unable to establish a secure connection to plm.com.my because the correct root certificate is not installed.If you continue, the information you view and send will be encrypted, but will not be secure.More information on installing root certificates Problem affected: He not able to send or receive email. He do something on the settings and add mail exchange as fileserver.plm.com.my and he able to s...

Migrating data from GP to GP

GP concurrent user and SQL 2005 CAL

stop error message
downloaded new microsoft updates today including several drivers. system will not boot. get stop error message ...

Indenting Mail Message
How can I start my new messages with an indent? I would like it to indent in line with my "signature" i.e.1.27cm every time I write a new message. Can anyone help please? ...

If statement #10
Could someone help me write an if statement saying that if the current cell has no data in it to place a o in the cell but if there is a number do nothing. Thank you "Jeremy" <Jeremy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7137C258-4568-49D2-B699-3C0D35D4E0DE@microsoft.com... > Could someone help me write an if statement saying that if the current cell > has no data in it to place a o in the cell but if there is a number do > nothing. > > Thank you =if(a1="",o,a1) is [basically] what you want but will most likely produce a looping error. I...

Fabrication and GP

Messages geting dilevered to Recipients Not In The To Fields
I have exchange 2003. I am having a problem with messages getting delivered to people other than there intended recipients. Here is a scenario. A message is received from an SMTP connection addressed to Fred. Fred received the message But Sally also receives a copy of the message. Sally is not listed as an intended recipient in the message header (she is not in the SMTP Header information nor is she listed in the TO: or CC: fields... Fred is also listed in the TO field of the message Sally recieves Any ideas? "GeneralistInTheHouse" <GeneralistInTheHouse@discussions.micr...

Access DLL Error/VBA Error
I am having a hudge issue with Access 2007 that is preventing me from programing in VBA and am REALLY hoping someone can help. There are at least two issues. If I add a control and the control wizard is selected, I get the "Error in Loading DLL" error and cannot use the wizard. Also, if I open VBA, and type "me." into the module, as soon as I type the period, Access and VBA crashes. I have deselected the references to Microsoft Office 12.0 Access dataase engine Object and OLE Automation (the only two I could de-select) but still get the same error. I uninsta...

Filename in Input/Message Box
Hello Everyone, I have done some searching to no avail about how to put the activeworksheet filename into the text of an input/message box. Does anyone have an idea that could work? Thanks msgbox Prompt:="hi " & activesheet.name or maybe: msgbox Prompt:="hi there", title:=activesheet.name Chadersmith wrote: > > Hello Everyone, > > I have done some searching to no avail about how to put the activeworksheet > filename into the text of an input/message box. > > Does anyone have an idea that could work? > &g...

upgrade CRM 3.0
I try to upgrade CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0, but the upgrade fails. I get this error message in Log file: System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ImportDefaultDataAction failed. ---> System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource) at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add) at Microsoft.Crm.Metadata.LabelCollection..ctor(XmlNodeList nodes, String collectionName, String labelName) at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ImportExportPublish.Import...

Sales Order lot extended quantity error #2
Good day. Kindly confirm if this is a system bug. I am using standard GP9.0 build 301. When I create an order/invoice transaction in SOP that requires a change in the default side ID. The lot's extended quantity is incorrect. I have below the procedures I did that gave me the incorrect computation. Below is the revised procedure to better explain where I can see the error: Procedure: 1. Setup option for SOP should NOT be [Auto-Assign Lot Number] 2. Complete header information - Create a Sales Transaction Entry with Type=Order. Use the default site ID. 3. Click [Show Details] button...

Upgrade to 1.3
We are contemplating upgrading to Version 1.3 of MS RMS. We have been told that we cannot have HQ and Store running on different versions whilst they are making connections. So this would mean stopping the connections until HQ and all stores are upgraded. Is this correct? If this is correct, suggestion to MS - make it possible to keep the business running whilst doing an upgrade - e.g. allow upgraded HQ to support connections from Stores that are still to be upgraded? This is not true. I am currently going through the upgrade process. I have 7 stores on 1.3 while HQ is running 1.2. ...

GP 9 Upgrade and SQL Server 2000 sp4

Message Mapping Question
Hi, I have Component One flexgrid control on one MFC app. I derived a class called MyGrid from the CVSFlexgrid ( wrapper class generated by vc++.net IDE ) to deal with some custom functions which are common to all the grids in the app. Now I want to intercept the right mouse button up event in the MYGrid class, do some processing and pass it on, so that if a event handler for this event is present in the dialog contanining the control some further processing is done else not. Something like ON_CONTROL_REFLECT. I implemented ON_CONTROL_REFLECT for windows common controls like combo boxe...

Automation Error POS
On one of our registers we are experencing an automatin error as follows: Runtime Error -21474178(80010108)' Automation Error the Object invoked has disconnected from it's Client. We get this error in POS when we attempt to either reprint a receipt or display the Journal. all other commands work fine. I have removed RMS and reinstalled the RMS. but still get the error. I did not remove and reinstall the sql server This may be in the OPOS printer drivers - try reinstalling them. Also, check the register settings in SO Manager - do you have 2 POS printers assigned? If s...

Upgrading from GP 9 to GP 10

Payroll GP 10.0

Custom message on department
Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to get the POS to popup a message saying that customer details are required to be filled in when an item belonging to a particular department is rung up at the POS? Dan Store Ops Manager allows you to assign an item message to items in inventory. Go to database - items - properties - special You will see a field on the left side that allows you to assign an item message popup when the item is rung up at the POS First you need to create the item message - go to Database - Item Messages - New - enter "Customer Required" in Title and Me...