GP Upgrade--9.0 to 10.0-Registration Error

I installed GP 10.0 on test server and created the new company to much
current production environment which is Gp 9.0. I can easily log in to Gp but
it thinks it's trail version and that i have 90 days to register. I tried
using my GP 10.0 License Keys to register but get error "invalid license
keys". HELP!
0
ad (27)

Registration keys are not interchangeable among different versions of GP. If
you are a customer, you will need to contact your partner for new
registration keys, and if you are a partner, you can get new ones from VOICE.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"AD" wrote:

> I installed GP 10.0 on test server and created the new company to much
> current production environment which is Gp 9.0. I can easily log in to Gp but
> it thinks it's trail version and that i have 90 days to register. I tried
> using my GP 10.0 License Keys to register but get error "invalid license
> keys". HELP!
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
7/23/2008 6:49:01 PM
I'm actually using GP 10.0 Registration Keys that were provided to me by the
partner and it's different from GP 9.0 Keys.

Thanks

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Registration keys are not interchangeable among different versions of GP. If
> you are a customer, you will need to contact your partner for new
> registration keys, and if you are a partner, you can get new ones from VOICE.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "AD" wrote:
>
> > I installed GP 10.0 on test server and created the new company to much
> > current production environment which is Gp 9.0. I can easily log in to Gp but
> > it thinks it's trail version and that i have 90 days to register. I tried
> > using my GP 10.0 License Keys to register but get error "invalid license
> > keys". HELP!
0
ad (27)
7/23/2008 6:55:01 PM
That's correct! Your GP10 reg keys will be different from your GP9 reg keys,
hence you will not be able to use them interchangeably.

Best regards,
--

"AD" wrote:

> I'm actually using GP 10.0 Registration Keys that were provided to me by the
> partner and it's different from GP 9.0 Keys.
>
> Thanks
>
> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > Registration keys are not interchangeable among different versions of GP. If
> > you are a customer, you will need to contact your partner for new
> > registration keys, and if you are a partner, you can get new ones from VOICE.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> >

> > "AD" wrote:
> >
> > > I installed GP 10.0 on test server and created the new company to much
> > > current production environment which is Gp 9.0. I can easily log in to Gp but
> > > it thinks it's trail version and that i have 90 days to register. I tried
> > > using my GP 10.0 License Keys to register but get error "invalid license
> > > keys". HELP!
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
7/23/2008 6:58:16 PM
Mariano,

Since i'm already using GP 10.0 Keys with GP 10.0 Install, shouldn't it work
just fine when i try to register? I'm not using the GP 9.0 registration Keys
at all.

Thanks

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> That's correct! Your GP10 reg keys will be different from your GP9 reg keys,
> hence you will not be able to use them interchangeably.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "AD" wrote:
>
> > I'm actually using GP 10.0 Registration Keys that were provided to me by the
> > partner and it's different from GP 9.0 Keys.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> >
> > > Registration keys are not interchangeable among different versions of GP. If
> > > you are a customer, you will need to contact your partner for new
> > > registration keys, and if you are a partner, you can get new ones from VOICE.
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > --
> > > MG.-
> > > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com

0
ad (27)
7/23/2008 7:02:02 PM
Hi AD

I think when you stated "created the new company to much current production
environment which is Gp 9.0" yopu meant to say match instead of Much. Do
worry I have Dyslexic fingures sometimes as well.

Make sure the registered company name you enter in GP 10 is exactly as it is
with the reg keys. The punctuation, spacing and spelling HAVE to be identicle.

I hope this helps.

Fliehigh

"AD" wrote:

> Mariano,
>
> Since i'm already using GP 10.0 Keys with GP 10.0 Install, shouldn't it work
> just fine when i try to register? I'm not using the GP 9.0 registration Keys
> at all.
>
> Thanks
>
> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > That's correct! Your GP10 reg keys will be different from your GP9 reg keys,
> > hence you will not be able to use them interchangeably.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> >

> > "AD" wrote:
> >
> > > I'm actually using GP 10.0 Registration Keys that were provided to me by the
> > > partner and it's different from GP 9.0 Keys.
> > >
> > > Thanks

0
Fliehigh (443)
7/23/2008 7:41:02 PM
AD,

Generally speaking, registration keys should work and as Fliehigh says, make
sure you are entering letter for letter and case for case the name of your
company and the keys themselves. Also make sure you are entering the keys in
the corresponding registration boxes.

However, I started with 'generally speaking', which means they may be
occasions when reg keys don't work and in that case you will need to pick it
up with your partner.

Best regards,
--

"AD" wrote:

> Mariano,
>
> Since i'm already using GP 10.0 Keys with GP 10.0 Install, shouldn't it work
> just fine when i try to register? I'm not using the GP 9.0 registration Keys
> at all.
>
> Thanks
>
> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > That's correct! Your GP10 reg keys will be different from your GP9 reg keys,
> > hence you will not be able to use them interchangeably.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> >

> > "AD" wrote:
> >
> > > I'm actually using GP 10.0 Registration Keys that were provided to me by the
> > > partner and it's different from GP 9.0 Keys.
> > >
> > > Thanks

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
7/23/2008 8:06:00 PM
First of all, if there was a problem with the keys, you would have received a
message when you entered the keys.  It really sounds like you have (probably
accidentally) a set of 90 day trial keys.  Contact your partner for or visit
Customer Source to download the proper V10 keys.  If the V10 keys you have
match the ones on Customer Source, have your partner request the proper keys
from Microsoft.  They do make mistakes when issuing keys and will happily fix
them.  (Assuming your are current on your support/maintenance plan).
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"AD" wrote:

> I installed GP 10.0 on test server and created the new company to much
> current production environment which is Gp 9.0. I can easily log in to Gp but
> it thinks it's trail version and that i have 90 days to register. I tried
> using my GP 10.0 License Keys to register but get error "invalid license
> keys". HELP!
0
info4071 (3004)
7/23/2008 11:16:01 PM
Sorry to reply back this late but thanks for all the great suggestions. I
have contacted our partner and had them contact microsoft about the license
keys. Microsoft tested the same keys and said they were working and when we
tested the same keys worked. Again, thanks all.

AD.

"Richard Whaley -- MVP 2006-2008" wrote:

> First of all, if there was a problem with the keys, you would have received a
> message when you entered the keys.  It really sounds like you have (probably
> accidentally) a set of 90 day trial keys.  Contact your partner for or visit
> Customer Source to download the proper V10 keys.  If the V10 keys you have
> match the ones on Customer Source, have your partner request the proper keys
> from Microsoft.  They do make mistakes when issuing keys and will happily fix
> them.  (Assuming your are current on your support/maintenance plan).
> --
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008
> Documentation for Software Users

> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
>

> "AD" wrote:
>
> > I installed GP 10.0 on test server and created the new company to much
> > current production environment which is Gp 9.0. I can easily log in to Gp but
> > it thinks it's trail version and that i have 90 days to register. I tried
> > using my GP 10.0 License Keys to register but get error "invalid license
> > keys". HELP!
0
ad (27)
8/4/2008 5:05:01 PM
Ok, The problem is not over yet i guess. The upgrade from GP 9.0 to GP 10.0
stopped in the middle and is asking that i delete some of these tables in the
database level

Table Name

                        Product ID

·         Address Electronic Funds Transfer Master
                    0

·         Budget Summary Master
                          0

·         Checkbook Electronic Funds Transfer Master
                  0

·         Distribution Access Master
                            0

·         Purchasing Report Options
                           0

·         XLImport

1,878

Any idea how to go around this?

"AD" wrote:

> Sorry to reply back this late but thanks for all the great suggestions. I
> have contacted our partner and had them contact microsoft about the license
> keys. Microsoft tested the same keys and said they were working and when we
> tested the same keys worked. Again, thanks all.
>
> AD.
>
> "Richard Whaley -- MVP 2006-2008" wrote:
>
> > First of all, if there was a problem with the keys, you would have received a
> > message when you entered the keys.  It really sounds like you have (probably
> > accidentally) a set of 90 day trial keys.  Contact your partner for or visit
> > Customer Source to download the proper V10 keys.  If the V10 keys you have
> > match the ones on Customer Source, have your partner request the proper keys
> > from Microsoft.  They do make mistakes when issuing keys and will happily fix
> > them.  (Assuming your are current on your support/maintenance plan).
> > --
> > Richard L. Whaley
> > Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008
> > Documentation for Software Users
> >
> > Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at
> > http://www.AccoladePublications.com
> >

> > "AD" wrote:
> >
> > > I installed GP 10.0 on test server and created the new company to much
> > > current production environment which is Gp 9.0. I can easily log in to Gp but
> > > it thinks it's trail version and that i have 90 days to register. I tried
> > > using my GP 10.0 License Keys to register but get error "invalid license
> > > keys". HELP!
0
ad (27)
8/4/2008 5:18:26 PM
Hey AD:

I've read all the posts and especially yours from today. I just installed GP
v10 on a test server, straight out of the box, no conversion from v9. The Reg
keys worked fine. Everything went well. This is the 3rd or 4th GP v10 I've
installed at various companies with a host of additional software such as
FRx, Integration Mgr, etc.

What I'm reading here is that you have GP v9 in the test server and are
trying to upgrade it to GP v10 rather than installing v10 from scratch in
test server - your post from today says upgrade v9 to v10. If this is true,
and what I read is that you're doing this without the assistance of your VAR,
then in there is probably the problem. I personally would not upgrade from
one version to another by myself without my VAR because the VARs have
experienced every landmine and torpedo in upgrade history.

Regards,

--
Sandy
GP Sys Admin / Proj Sys Analyst

"AD" wrote:

> Ok, The problem is not over yet i guess. The upgrade from GP 9.0 to GP 10.0
> stopped in the middle and is asking that i delete some of these tables in the
> database level
>

> Table Name
>
>                         Product ID
>
> ·         Address Electronic Funds Transfer Master
>                     0
>
> ·         Budget Summary Master
>                           0
>
> ·         Checkbook Electronic Funds Transfer Master
>                   0
>
> ·         Distribution Access Master
>                             0
>
> ·         Purchasing Report Options
>                            0
>
> ·         XLImport
>
> 1,878
>
> Any idea how to go around this?
>

> "AD" wrote:
>
> > Sorry to reply back this late but thanks for all the great suggestions. I
> > have contacted our partner and had them contact microsoft about the license
> > keys. Microsoft tested the same keys and said they were working and when we
> > tested the same keys worked. Again, thanks all.
> >
> > AD.
> >
> > "Richard Whaley -- MVP 2006-2008" wrote:
> >
> > > First of all, if there was a problem with the keys, you would have received a
> > > message when you entered the keys.  It really sounds like you have (probably
> > > accidentally) a set of 90 day trial keys.  Contact your partner for or visit
> > > Customer Source to download the proper V10 keys.  If the V10 keys you have
> > > match the ones on Customer Source, have your partner request the proper keys
> > > from Microsoft.  They do make mistakes when issuing keys and will happily fix
> > > them.  (Assuming your are current on your support/maintenance plan).
> > > --
> > > Richard L. Whaley
> > > Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008
> > > Documentation for Software Users
> > >
> > > Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at
> > > http://www.AccoladePublications.com

0
GPGuyinAZ (79)
8/4/2008 6:00:08 PM
GP Guy,

I have tried both options. One i installed GP 9 on a test and upgraded to Gp
10 and that is when it failed in the tables that i mentioned but i also tried
fresh GP 10 install which works just fine except that i need to attach the
database which is from GP 9.0 Production. Our VAR is not part of the install
because of timing issues.

Thanks AD

"GP Guy in AZ" wrote:

> Hey AD:
>
> I've read all the posts and especially yours from today. I just installed GP
> v10 on a test server, straight out of the box, no conversion from v9. The Reg
> keys worked fine. Everything went well. This is the 3rd or 4th GP v10 I've
> installed at various companies with a host of additional software such as
> FRx, Integration Mgr, etc.
>
> What I'm reading here is that you have GP v9 in the test server and are
> trying to upgrade it to GP v10 rather than installing v10 from scratch in
> test server - your post from today says upgrade v9 to v10. If this is true,
> and what I read is that you're doing this without the assistance of your VAR,
> then in there is probably the problem. I personally would not upgrade from
> one version to another by myself without my VAR because the VARs have
> experienced every landmine and torpedo in upgrade history.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Sandy
> GP Sys Admin / Proj Sys Analyst

> "AD" wrote:
>
> > Ok, The problem is not over yet i guess. The upgrade from GP 9.0 to GP 10.0
> > stopped in the middle and is asking that i delete some of these tables in the
> > database level
> >

> > Table Name
> >
> >                         Product ID
> >
> > ·         Address Electronic Funds Transfer Master
> >                     0
> >
> > ·         Budget Summary Master
> >                           0
> >
> > ·         Checkbook Electronic Funds Transfer Master
> >                   0
> >
> > ·         Distribution Access Master
> >                             0
> >
> > ·         Purchasing Report Options
> >                            0
> >
> > ·         XLImport
> >
> > 1,878
> >
> > Any idea how to go around this?
> >

> > "AD" wrote:
> >
> > > Sorry to reply back this late but thanks for all the great suggestions. I
> > > have contacted our partner and had them contact microsoft about the license
> > > keys. Microsoft tested the same keys and said they were working and when we
> > > tested the same keys worked. Again, thanks all.
> > >
> > > AD.

0
ad (27)

Going Live with GP

Bugs & Errors
Hi, I think I can say that I am a power user of WMP 11 after having organized 135.000+ songs. I have noticed some bugs and/or errors. for many of them I haveh work arounds as well. Any idea where I could post this in an attempt to get this better with a future release and to see if there is solutions that I do not know about? Joost Since WMP12 is out, I suspect the general development on WMP11 is "complete", minus things that sustained engineering deems necessary/critical. So: if it's really a WMP11 issue, actual support might be the best path. Depending...

upgrade
I have the Money98 Financial Suit Version 6. Can I upgrade to Money 2004 Deluxe without physically reentering all the data now in Money 98? If you stay with the same localization, (i.e., no M98UK->M04US) M04 is **supposed** to be able to upgrade your data file seamlessly. Some people have been less fortunate. "Manfred" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:143401c3dfa8$5c009e30$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have the Money98 Financial Suit Version 6. Can I > upgrade to Money 2004 Deluxe without physically reentering > all the data now in Money 9...

Error on page #2
I'm getting the following error when opening a report. Using CRM 4.0 on a Windows XP desktop and have tried both IE6 and IE7. Microsoft Dynamics CRM Error Report Contents <CrmScriptErrorReport> <ReportVersion>1.0</ReportVersion> <ScriptErrorDetails> <Message>Automation server can't create object</Message> <Line>18</Line> <URL>/Corporation/crmreports/viewer/viewer.aspx?id={52B2C34D-A7DD-DD11-9EE1-001C23CEBA7D}&helpID=User%20Summary.rdl&action=filter</URL> <PageURL>/Corporation/crmreports/viewer/viewe...

Entourage 2008 error
My boss is using Mac OS X 10.5.8 with Entourage Version 12.2.0 (090605) Latest Installed Update 12.2.1. He got some issue on when open Entourage. Error display as below: 1st error message Unable to establish a secure connection to plm.com.my because the correct root certificate is not installed.If you continue, the information you view and send will be encrypted, but will not be secure.More information on installing root certificates Problem affected: He not able to send or receive email. He do something on the settings and add mail exchange as fileserver.plm.com.my and he able to s...

!!! Outlook 2000 v9.0.0.2711 !!!
I am using Windows XP Pro with sp1 and outlook 2000 for e- mail. I am going to be updating, when available, to xpsp2. Questions I have: Will this new update to xpsp2 interfere with the way my Outlook now works? Are there steps I need to take beforehand? Do I have to make sure I have all necessary updates for Outlook before install of xpsp2? How do I know if I have all necessary updates for outlook? I used Windows Update and have all critical updates that I need. There are 12 optional updates but I am going to download only 6. 1. Windows update does not touch Office. You will need t...

Migrating data from GP to GP

GP concurrent user and SQL 2005 CAL

stop error message
downloaded new microsoft updates today including several drivers. system will not boot. get stop error message ...

If statement #10
Could someone help me write an if statement saying that if the current cell has no data in it to place a o in the cell but if there is a number do nothing. Thank you "Jeremy" <Jeremy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7137C258-4568-49D2-B699-3C0D35D4E0DE@microsoft.com... > Could someone help me write an if statement saying that if the current cell > has no data in it to place a o in the cell but if there is a number do > nothing. > > Thank you =if(a1="",o,a1) is [basically] what you want but will most likely produce a looping error. I...

Fabrication and GP

Upgrade to 1.3
We are contemplating upgrading to Version 1.3 of MS RMS. We have been told that we cannot have HQ and Store running on different versions whilst they are making connections. So this would mean stopping the connections until HQ and all stores are upgraded. Is this correct? If this is correct, suggestion to MS - make it possible to keep the business running whilst doing an upgrade - e.g. allow upgraded HQ to support connections from Stores that are still to be upgraded? This is not true. I am currently going through the upgrade process. I have 7 stores on 1.3 while HQ is running 1.2. ...

Sales Order lot extended quantity error #2
Good day. Kindly confirm if this is a system bug. I am using standard GP9.0 build 301. When I create an order/invoice transaction in SOP that requires a change in the default side ID. The lot's extended quantity is incorrect. I have below the procedures I did that gave me the incorrect computation. Below is the revised procedure to better explain where I can see the error: Procedure: 1. Setup option for SOP should NOT be [Auto-Assign Lot Number] 2. Complete header information - Create a Sales Transaction Entry with Type=Order. Use the default site ID. 3. Click [Show Details] button...

upgrade CRM 3.0
I try to upgrade CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0, but the upgrade fails. I get this error message in Log file: System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ImportDefaultDataAction failed. ---> System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource) at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add) at Microsoft.Crm.Metadata.LabelCollection..ctor(XmlNodeList nodes, String collectionName, String labelName) at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.ImportExportPublish.Import...

Upgrading from GP 9 to GP 10

Automation Error POS
On one of our registers we are experencing an automatin error as follows: Runtime Error -21474178(80010108)' Automation Error the Object invoked has disconnected from it's Client. We get this error in POS when we attempt to either reprint a receipt or display the Journal. all other commands work fine. I have removed RMS and reinstalled the RMS. but still get the error. I did not remove and reinstall the sql server This may be in the OPOS printer drivers - try reinstalling them. Also, check the register settings in SO Manager - do you have 2 POS printers assigned? If s...

GP 9 Upgrade and SQL Server 2000 sp4

Vlookup returns "0"

Payroll GP 10.0

Outlook 2003 Send/Receive Error
Dear All, I am using Outlook 2003 and my server is running with windows 2003 std / exchange 2003 OS. Whenever I am doing send/receive, following error is coming: Task! "Microsoft Exchange Server" reported error (0x8004010F): the operation failed. An object could not be found. Please help. Thanks in Advance. Deepak Sharma On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 01:54:02 -0800, "Deepak Sharma" <DeepakSharma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Dear All, > >I am using Outlook 2003 and my server is running with windows 2003 std / >exchange 2003 OS. Whenever I am doing sen...

How do I catch orchestration exception using eConnect 8.0
Hello, the exception I am getting in Biztalk Health & Activity Tracking: Quote: Microsoft.GreatPlain.eConnect.eConnectException: Sql procedure error codes returned: Error Number = 7149 Stored Procedure taRMTransaction Error Description = The Salesperson entered(SLPRSNID) does not exist in the Salesperson Master Table. UnQuote How do I catch "Microsoft.GreatPlain.eConnect.eConnectException" in my orchestration? Thanks in advance for your help. -- mj ------=_NextPart_0001_013BBFE8 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi RNJ, We do not suggest, nor supp...

MS CRM integration to GP
Hello Can any one update me wheather the mutiple company databases can be integrated to MSCRM. The senario is this. a company has mutiple entities using GP 7.5 and unique sql databases,require to integrate mscrm with gp. The integration that is supplied by MS only allows you to integrate with 1 company DB. You could probably use some of the components that are provided, but you will need to develop some of the integration logic yourself to address this. Matt On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 05:34:31 -0800, "ramki@loayoman.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello &g...

error in Microsoft outlook
Hi, when i close outlook i get an error " the instruction at0x602813cb refered mempory at 0x602813cb, the memory could not beread,clickto terminate the program" Please suggess me What version of Outlook and what type of service are you running? Exchange, POP3, IMAP, HTTP, other... -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar -Creating a Classic View in Outlook 2003 Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & t...

Outlook 2003 Smart Tag Integration with MSN Messenger 7.0 vs Windows Messenger
Is there a way to use MSN Messenger 7.0 with the Outlook 2003 Smart Tag integration instead of useing Windows Messenger? Seems really silly that Outlook 2003 would use Windows Messenger a older product with less features then use MSN Messenger which is a newer product with more features. I've search all over the net for this answer and all I find is others asking the same questions but never and answer. -- Regards, Chris ...