GP Standard vs Professional

Hi,

Can anybody point me to a link or just give a brief description of
differences between Standard and Professional versions of Great Plains.
Some of the modules we are interested in work only on Pro version.

Milan.
0
milan1 (12)

Hi Milan

You can find information at:
https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/products/greatplains/sales/salestools/productfactsheets/gp_smb_comparison_guide.htm?printpage=false

Regards,

Takashi

"Milan" <milan@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Can anybody point me to a link or just give a brief description of
> differences between Standard and Professional versions of Great Plains.
> Some of the modules we are interested in work only on Pro version.
>
> Milan.

0
tarikuma (52)

Going Live with GP

purchase inhouse vs web hosting
For a small company ready to make a substantial investment in CRM, can someone lay out the basic pros and cons of considering webhosting for the applications and database, as opposed to bringing it inhouse on an company- owned server? I am assuming that if brought in house, I will still be purchasing help desk support in addition to having a fluent in-house administrator. Thank you. Usually when you elect to use a hosted solution, you have to go with a very standard offering, and are very restricted about the changes that you can make to the application to reflect requirements of yo...

Decimal point vs comma
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) when entering normal numbers in cells using decimal point it will not autosum. by using a comma in place of decimal point no problem. i must have a setting wrong The "wrong setting" most likely is in your OS X System Preferences. Go to the 'Language & Text' Preferences & adjust your 'Region' and/or 'Numbers' formats. Excel will pick up on the changes when you next launch it. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 4/3/10 2:03 PM, in article 59bb66c1.-1@webcrossing.JaKI...

Migrating data from GP to GP

GP concurrent user and SQL 2005 CAL

Fabrication and GP

signing: vista-64 vs windows7-64
If I successfully sign my kernel-mode driver for vista-64, will it load properly in windows7-64 without alteration? Or must I go through the official signing process twice: once for vista-64 and again for windows7-64? Thanks dmm > If I successfully sign my kernel-mode driver for vista-64, will it = load=20 > properly in windows7-64 without alteration? Yes --=20 Maxim S. Shatskih Windows DDK MVP maxim@storagecraft.com http://www.storagecraft.com Assumed you created a correct CAT file before. (= Running Inf2Cat.exe with command-line options /os:Vista_X64,7_X6...

GP 9 Upgrade and SQL Server 2000 sp4

Payroll GP 10.0

Upgrading from GP 9 to GP 10

Black vs Gray
I've recently noticed that (maybe it happened when I upgraded from Outlook 2000 to 2002) that some unread messages in the Inbox are not bold black, but instead are bold grey. And some read messages are not normal black, but instead are normal grey. It looks like they are always ads --maybe not spam, but opt in type ads that I may have inadvertently agreed to receive. What is the distinction between black and grey? SteveK +-Steve-+ <nocontact@please.com> wrote: > I've recently noticed that (maybe it happened when I upgraded from > Outlook 2000 to 2002) that som...

Outlook 2003 Smart Tag Integration with MSN Messenger 7.0 vs Windows Messenger
Is there a way to use MSN Messenger 7.0 with the Outlook 2003 Smart Tag integration instead of useing Windows Messenger? Seems really silly that Outlook 2003 would use Windows Messenger a older product with less features then use MSN Messenger which is a newer product with more features. I've search all over the net for this answer and all I find is others asking the same questions but never and answer. -- Regards, Chris ...

error in GP
When I try to generate a Historical Aged Trial Balance my computer freezes then gives me this error message. "The stored procedure pmHistoricalAgedTrialBalance returned the following results DBMS:208, GP:0 This is path I use to get to the report: Reports/Purchasing/Trial Balance/Historical Aged Trial Balance. We have been having problems with other reports because of the change from 2005 to 2006. I appreciate the assistance. ------=_NextPart_0001_AF5FCF35 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jason, This is Lisa. Thank you for your inquiry on the Historica...

Exchange 5.5 Enterprise version flips back to Standard version
We recently hit the 16GB limit on the IS, so upgraded to the Enterprise version. The upgrade was confirmed by seeing event 1217 when Exchange was started. All was OK until I tried to delete a large folder from a particularly large mailbox. The process stopped partway through, and I found that the IS service had stopped with the "Database full" event. Stopping and restarting all Exchange services cuased the IS to stay up for just 2 minutes. Event log shows that the systen seems to have flipped back to Standard mode, as event 1216 is now being generated on startup. I am convinc...

MS CRM integration to GP
Hello Can any one update me wheather the mutiple company databases can be integrated to MSCRM. The senario is this. a company has mutiple entities using GP 7.5 and unique sql databases,require to integrate mscrm with gp. The integration that is supplied by MS only allows you to integrate with 1 company DB. You could probably use some of the components that are provided, but you will need to develop some of the integration logic yourself to address this. Matt On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 05:34:31 -0800, "ramki@loayoman.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello &g...

GP General Ledger Distribution Reference Field Length
Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference field beyond 30 characters? No, I'm afraid it is not possible. "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D76FF64-76BE-4FCE-812F-2AC8519BAB4D@microsoft.com... : Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference : field beyond 30 characters? Just curious, why do you need a longer field length - for drill down purposes or for report printing purposes? "Pam" wrote: > Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Refer...

Business Portal (BP) and Great Plains (GP)
We do not have all the fields in the Ledger Transaction Summary History Table (BP) available as we do in the Account Transaction table in GP i.e. can't find TRX Date in BP but have it GP. Is there any control when installing the BP software with respect to what fields for a table will be displayed and can be used in constructing queries in BP? How do we get access to additional fields in BP? Kimmer, Thanks for using the newsgroups. The Ledger Transaction Summary History entity maps to the Account Summary History table. The Account Transaction History table is not exposed th...

Feedback on GP Time and Attendance
I am looking for some feedback on GP 9 / BP 3 version of Time and Attendance. We are using non Payroll, Canadian version, of GP Time and Attendance and we are experiencing many limitations. What is your experience with this product? Any other similar product you'd recommend? Thanks in advance, Bruno ...

I want to know GP Tables Definitions
I need to know the tables for the window general transaction entry in GL Carmencite: Go Tools>Resource Descriptions>Windows. Select Product/Series/View By. You'll be able to see all the tables associated with a specific window. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com Carmencita, In addition you may want to check David Musgrave's article on resources at http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/10/05/finding-table-and-field-information-in-microsoft-dynamics-gp.aspx Best regards, -- M...

Deactivate MS GP
Hello everyone We are in the process of migrating our data from MS Great Plains to Dynamics AX. Once is all converted we still need to keep GP at least read only for about 7 years I was wondering if anyone has any idea what steps should I take to decommission GP. -- villica I would setup one user class called 'Inquiry Only', set security settings for this class so that only Inquiry and Reports can be accessed, then assign all users to the Inquiry class. Hope this helps, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com ge...

Help for upgrade process from GP 7.5 to GP 10.0
Hi All, I have recently completed my certification in GP 10.0 Inventory. I've managed to get some hands-on experience with the product. There is a requirement from a client for upgrading his system from GP 7.5 to GP 10.0. The client happens to be from the hospitality industry. Could someone guide me on this? I would also greatly appreciate if anyone could point to blogs and articles on the subject. Many Thanks, Sadique Sadique, Mariano Gomez's blog is a good place to start: http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2008/10/dynamics-gp-upgrade-path.html. -- Victoria Yudin Dynam...

GP
Dynamic security console is corrupted or have invalid data. How to solve this issue It would help if you let us know how and when you get this error (as in doing exactly what). Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Riju" wrote: > Dynamic security console is corrupted or have invalid data. > > How to solve this issue ...

New Microsoft Office Standard downloaded
I have a 60-day Trial Microsoft Office which has a couple of charts set up on it and is due to expire at the end of April. I just downloaded the Office disk. Will that automatically transfer over from the Trial one? I'd hate to lose the charts. Linda The files you made should have been stored in your Document folder. Installing software has no effect on files in this folder. best wsihes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "LindaPalmer" <LindaPalmer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B...

SBS 2k3 Exchange Public Folder move to 2003 Standard Exchange 2.6G
I need to move a public folder from my sbs2003 standard server to my new Windows 2003 Standard w/ 2003 Exchange standard server. However, the Public Folder is 2.6+ GB large and will not export to a pst. Any Ideas? Why won't it export to PST? Outlook 2003 Unicode PST's support much larger than 2gb. You might also look at using PFMigrate. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "Jeremy" <Jeremy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17D41351-C0B6-494E-8F5A-2166C35F...