GP MRMS integration

Hello,

We have GP and MRMS installed.

Due to specific business requirements, we need to keep inventory in GP and
use MRMS only for sales.

This means that POs and Receiving has to be in GP and these need to pushed
into MRMS. For sales it is vice versa.

Any suggestions for this?

Thanks in advance

0
jdavidyy (45)

Carl,

Your best bet for integrating the two applications is to use eConnect and
eConnect Requester. The former will allow you to integrate data from the MRMS
application to GP, the latter allows you to specify XML documents that are
published to an MSMQ queue, where they can be retrieve by your MRMS
application or any integration broker written to deliver the data to the MRMS
tables.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"CarlG" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We have GP and MRMS installed.
>
> Due to specific business requirements, we need to keep inventory in GP and
> use MRMS only for sales.
>
> This means that POs and Receiving has to be in GP and these need to pushed
> into MRMS. For sales it is vice versa.
>
> Any suggestions for this?
>
> Thanks in advance

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
5/17/2008 1:36:01 PM
MG,

Thanks for your response.

But would value your opinion on what we are trying to achieve; viz;

Keeping inventory in GP and use MRMS only for sales. POs and Receiving has
to be in GP and these need to pushed into MRMS. For sales it is vice versa.

Thanks

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Carl,
>
> Your best bet for integrating the two applications is to use eConnect and
> eConnect Requester. The former will allow you to integrate data from the MRMS
> application to GP, the latter allows you to specify XML documents that are
> published to an MSMQ queue, where they can be retrieve by your MRMS
> application or any integration broker written to deliver the data to the MRMS
> tables.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "CarlG" wrote:
>

> > Hello,
> >
> > We have GP and MRMS installed.
> >
> > Due to specific business requirements, we need to keep inventory in GP and
> > use MRMS only for sales.
> >
> > This means that POs and Receiving has to be in GP and these need to pushed
> > into MRMS. For sales it is vice versa.
> >
> > Any suggestions for this?
> >
> > Thanks in advance

0
jdavidyy (45)
5/17/2008 2:45:00 PM
Your request is not uncommon and in fact you certainly can use the MRMS
system to do your sales. What needs to be considered in the process, is the
sychronization of inventory between the two systems, as I believe you will be
using standard functionality to purchase and receive merchandise from GP. You
will then need to grab the sales from the MRMS system and create SOP
transactions in GP (to depleet inventory).

I would be more than glad to assist with the architecture design of your
integration, but would highly recommend you contact me with the information
below.

Best regards,
--

"CarlG" wrote:

> MG,
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
> But would value your opinion on what we are trying to achieve; viz;
>
> Keeping inventory in GP and use MRMS only for sales. POs and Receiving has
> to be in GP and these need to pushed into MRMS. For sales it is vice versa.
>

> Thanks
>

> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > Carl,
> >
> > Your best bet for integrating the two applications is to use eConnect and
> > eConnect Requester. The former will allow you to integrate data from the MRMS
> > application to GP, the latter allows you to specify XML documents that are
> > published to an MSMQ queue, where they can be retrieve by your MRMS
> > application or any integration broker written to deliver the data to the MRMS
> > tables.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> >

> > "CarlG" wrote:
> >

> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > We have GP and MRMS installed.
> > >
> > > Due to specific business requirements, we need to keep inventory in GP and
> > > use MRMS only for sales.
> > >
> > > This means that POs and Receiving has to be in GP and these need to pushed
> > > into MRMS. For sales it is vice versa.
> > >
> > > Any suggestions for this?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
5/17/2008 6:29:00 PM
HI Carl

I've just completed implemeneting a project meeting the exact
specifications. They've MRMS and GP installed. They too wanted to do
Purchases in GP. What I did is use the standard RMS integration tool
from Microsoft for importing items, Sales (receivables) transactions
into GP from MRMS. For all the purchases to be exported into MRMS,
we'll generate a CSV file compatible to PO planner worksheet. At HQ,
whoever is handling Inventory, they'll create PO Planner worksheet
(Style 340) and import into the stylesheet, the contents generated
from GP. When stores connect next time, they'll be updated. The
advantage of this entire process is you can control costs at HQ level
itself and centralized purchases model is applied.

Moreover, if we use the Microsoft GP-MRMS integration module, the
sales import into GP doesnt reduce the quantities in GP and only
receivable module is affected. For this, you can use econnect to
reduce the item quantities on a weekly/fortnightly/monthly basis to
reduce the sale quantities from GP on the basis of MRMS sale
quantities.

This is a workaround though. I hope these will be covered by Microsoft
in future.

Thanks

Janakiram

On May 17, 1:11=A0pm, CarlG <jdavi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have GP and MRMS installed.
>
> Due to specific business requirements, we need to keep inventory in GP and=

> use MRMS only for sales.
>
> This means that POs and Receiving has to be in GP and these need to pushed=

> into MRMS. For sales it is vice versa.
>
> Any suggestions for this?
>
> Thanks in advance

0
janakirammp (688)
5/19/2008 6:47:41 AM
Thanks Jack,

Few questions please.

I hope in the setup you had mentioned, you would have created new item codes
in GP inventory module. If so, how did you export these new item codes to
MRMS?

Secondly, we cant seem to figure out how to down load the PO items into PO
planner - there sees to be no import button for this purpose.

Also, where you using single currency? we are in a multi currency set up -
PO planner seems to accept only single currency.

Would appreciate your help.

Thanks

CarlG

"Jack" wrote:

> HI Carl
>
> I've just completed implemeneting a project meeting the exact
> specifications. They've MRMS and GP installed. They too wanted to do
> Purchases in GP. What I did is use the standard RMS integration tool
> from Microsoft for importing items, Sales (receivables) transactions
> into GP from MRMS. For all the purchases to be exported into MRMS,
> we'll generate a CSV file compatible to PO planner worksheet. At HQ,
> whoever is handling Inventory, they'll create PO Planner worksheet
> (Style 340) and import into the stylesheet, the contents generated
> from GP. When stores connect next time, they'll be updated. The
> advantage of this entire process is you can control costs at HQ level
> itself and centralized purchases model is applied.
>
> Moreover, if we use the Microsoft GP-MRMS integration module, the
> sales import into GP doesnt reduce the quantities in GP and only
> receivable module is affected. For this, you can use econnect to
> reduce the item quantities on a weekly/fortnightly/monthly basis to
> reduce the sale quantities from GP on the basis of MRMS sale
> quantities.
>
> This is a workaround though. I hope these will be covered by Microsoft
> in future.
>
> Thanks
>
> Janakiram
>

> On May 17, 1:11 pm, CarlG <jdavi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > We have GP and MRMS installed.
> >
> > Due to specific business requirements, we need to keep inventory in GP and
> > use MRMS only for sales.
> >
> > This means that POs and Receiving has to be in GP and these need to pushed
> > into MRMS. For sales it is vice versa.
> >
> > Any suggestions for this?
> >
> > Thanks in advance

0
jdavidyy (45)

Going Live with GP

Payable transaction integration with more 2 or more line distribut
Is it possible to set up the integration manager to upload payable transactions with more than 1 distribution accounts? I need to upload the vendor bills that usually distribute to more than one expenses accounts. Thanks!! Take a look at the "PM Transaction 8.0" in the Integration Manager samples - it looks like it distributes to more than one account. You end up with two data files - the invoice info and the distribution info. "kka" wrote: > Is it possible to set up the integration manager to upload payable > transactions with more than 1 distribution accou...

Project module integrated in Journals and cashbook
We are using the project module intensively and find it extremely uncomfortable not to be able to link project cost paid via a payment requisition or journal. Currently we need to process all project cost via the payables module which increases processing time ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click ...

Migrating data from GP to GP

GP concurrent user and SQL 2005 CAL

Fabrication and GP

MRMS 2.0
Hi Mates, I am using MRMS 2.0 and my log files size is multiplying very fast. Tried doing the database shrinking and making the recovery mode to simple. Still the log files size is mulitplying. Is there any fix for this from microsoft. Thanks in Advance RK 1) With both the original .MDF and .LDF files located where they supposed to be, run RMS Admin and select the database you want to shrink. 2) Issue this query to find the log device name: SELECT FILE_NAME(2). This will return the name of your log device (in our case, we called the database SS1 and the log device name is Store1...

GP 9 Upgrade and SQL Server 2000 sp4

Payroll GP 10.0

Upgrading from GP 9 to GP 10

MS CRM integration to GP
Hello Can any one update me wheather the mutiple company databases can be integrated to MSCRM. The senario is this. a company has mutiple entities using GP 7.5 and unique sql databases,require to integrate mscrm with gp. The integration that is supplied by MS only allows you to integrate with 1 company DB. You could probably use some of the components that are provided, but you will need to develop some of the integration logic yourself to address this. Matt On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 05:34:31 -0800, "ramki@loayoman.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello &g...

Outlook 2003 Smart Tag Integration with MSN Messenger 7.0 vs Windows Messenger
Is there a way to use MSN Messenger 7.0 with the Outlook 2003 Smart Tag integration instead of useing Windows Messenger? Seems really silly that Outlook 2003 would use Windows Messenger a older product with less features then use MSN Messenger which is a newer product with more features. I've search all over the net for this answer and all I find is others asking the same questions but never and answer. -- Regards, Chris ...

error in GP
When I try to generate a Historical Aged Trial Balance my computer freezes then gives me this error message. "The stored procedure pmHistoricalAgedTrialBalance returned the following results DBMS:208, GP:0 This is path I use to get to the report: Reports/Purchasing/Trial Balance/Historical Aged Trial Balance. We have been having problems with other reports because of the change from 2005 to 2006. I appreciate the assistance. ------=_NextPart_0001_AF5FCF35 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jason, This is Lisa. Thank you for your inquiry on the Historica...

GP General Ledger Distribution Reference Field Length
Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference field beyond 30 characters? No, I'm afraid it is not possible. "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D76FF64-76BE-4FCE-812F-2AC8519BAB4D@microsoft.com... : Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference : field beyond 30 characters? Just curious, why do you need a longer field length - for drill down purposes or for report printing purposes? "Pam" wrote: > Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Refer...

Business Portal (BP) and Great Plains (GP)
We do not have all the fields in the Ledger Transaction Summary History Table (BP) available as we do in the Account Transaction table in GP i.e. can't find TRX Date in BP but have it GP. Is there any control when installing the BP software with respect to what fields for a table will be displayed and can be used in constructing queries in BP? How do we get access to additional fields in BP? Kimmer, Thanks for using the newsgroups. The Ledger Transaction Summary History entity maps to the Account Summary History table. The Account Transaction History table is not exposed th...

Feedback on GP Time and Attendance
I am looking for some feedback on GP 9 / BP 3 version of Time and Attendance. We are using non Payroll, Canadian version, of GP Time and Attendance and we are experiencing many limitations. What is your experience with this product? Any other similar product you'd recommend? Thanks in advance, Bruno ...

I want to know GP Tables Definitions
I need to know the tables for the window general transaction entry in GL Carmencite: Go Tools>Resource Descriptions>Windows. Select Product/Series/View By. You'll be able to see all the tables associated with a specific window. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com Carmencita, In addition you may want to check David Musgrave's article on resources at http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/10/05/finding-table-and-field-information-in-microsoft-dynamics-gp.aspx Best regards, -- M...

Deactivate MS GP
Hello everyone We are in the process of migrating our data from MS Great Plains to Dynamics AX. Once is all converted we still need to keep GP at least read only for about 7 years I was wondering if anyone has any idea what steps should I take to decommission GP. -- villica I would setup one user class called 'Inquiry Only', set security settings for this class so that only Inquiry and Reports can be accessed, then assign all users to the Inquiry class. Hope this helps, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com ge...

Integration manager ties up machine when running integration
Good Morning, When I use Integration Manager to import data into Great Plains the system is unusable because of the keyboard input. I can move around in the system fine with the mouse, but when I attempt to type on the keyboard the current application loses focus (ie It' s like IM is setaling the keyboard input and the current window does not have the focus anymore) Any suggesstions on how to remedy this issue and are other folks seeing the same issue? This is expected behavior. In addition you cannot have any GP windows open when IM executes. "snoman" wrote: > Goo...

Requested registry access is not allowed with Integration Manager
Hi, When I install Integration Manager Service Pack 2 on Windows Server 2008 Standard, I got this error: "Requested registry access is not allowed" and the installation stop. My user is in the Administrator group. Solution: Start the Command Prompt (located in the Accessories group) as a user that has administrative privileges on the local computer. (To do this, right-click on the Command Prompt shortcut and select Run as administrator.) Set the current directory to the location where you copied the .msp file. Enter the following command: Msiexec /p MicrosoftIntegrationMa...

Help for upgrade process from GP 7.5 to GP 10.0
Hi All, I have recently completed my certification in GP 10.0 Inventory. I've managed to get some hands-on experience with the product. There is a requirement from a client for upgrading his system from GP 7.5 to GP 10.0. The client happens to be from the hospitality industry. Could someone guide me on this? I would also greatly appreciate if anyone could point to blogs and articles on the subject. Many Thanks, Sadique Sadique, Mariano Gomez's blog is a good place to start: http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2008/10/dynamics-gp-upgrade-path.html. -- Victoria Yudin Dynam...

GP
Dynamic security console is corrupted or have invalid data. How to solve this issue It would help if you let us know how and when you get this error (as in doing exactly what). Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Riju" wrote: > Dynamic security console is corrupted or have invalid data. > > How to solve this issue ...

GP 10.0 download
MS announced that GP 10.0 will be available for download in May. Does this mean a download of the full 10.0 CDs? Or a download of the VPC demo image? Hi Mike, It will be a demo of the VPC image. Full version is expected by end of June. -Mike -- Micheal LoPatriello Coordinator, Luna Development mlopat@lunadevelopment.com http://www.lunadevelopment.com "Mike Muscarella" wrote: > MS announced that GP 10.0 will be available for download in May. Does this > mean a download of the full 10.0 CDs? Or a download of the VPC demo image? ...

Renaming a GP 9 server
Hi, My question is that if I rename a GP 9 server - does great plains and MSDE 200 0 work fine ... in terms of data access etc? Thanks Hi Melu You will need to recreate all of the ODBC connections to the server (including the one on the server if you are using the server name to connect). Fliehigh "melu" wrote: > Hi, > > My question is that if I rename a GP 9 server - does great plains and MSDE > 200 0 work fine ... in terms of data access etc? > > Thanks Not quite correct. You'll find that no user besides sa can log in. The reason is the name of...