GP General Ledger Distribution Reference Field Length

Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference
field beyond 30 characters?
0
Pam1 (264)

No, I'm afraid it is not possible.

"Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference
: field beyond 30 characters?

0
HSalim (1270)
10/24/2005 7:48:23 PM
Just curious, why do you need a longer field length - for drill down purposes
or for report printing purposes?

"Pam" wrote:

> Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference
> field beyond 30 characters?
0
LK (220)
10/24/2005 8:36:16 PM
If you absolutely need to have longer fields, get a product called
Extender from Microsoft. You can have very long fields on different GP
windows.

Thanks,

VJ

0
rrs1977 (140)
10/25/2005 4:23:46 AM
While you can add extender fields to scrolling windows there is one
consideration to be kept in mind....You cannot add extender fields to the GL
distribution lines because extender will only attach/link the extender fields
to the JE number or the GL Account number (not both) which is required to
associate the fields back to the line account distributions.

"VJ" wrote:

> If you absolutely need to have longer fields, get a product called
> Extender from Microsoft. You can have very long fields on different GP
> windows.
>
> Thanks,
>
> VJ

Query Based Distribution Lists #3
I can create QBDL based on STATE, ZIP, LASTNAME and many other fields. I would like to make a list based on Group Membership. There is a field under USER called MEMBER OF but it does not give me any results when I do a preview. I have many employees who work in multiple locations and need to belong to several different groups even though they have only one login and work out of a single office with the same address etc. So I made them members of groups based on the different location in which they work and wanted to send mail based on this membership. McMurray <McMurray@disc...

Payable transaction integration with more 2 or more line distribut
Is it possible to set up the integration manager to upload payable transactions with more than 1 distribution accounts? I need to upload the vendor bills that usually distribute to more than one expenses accounts. Thanks!! Take a look at the "PM Transaction 8.0" in the Integration Manager samples - it looks like it distributes to more than one account. You end up with two data files - the invoice info and the distribution info. "kka" wrote: > Is it possible to set up the integration manager to upload payable > transactions with more than 1 distribution accou...

Lookup field for Current User
Hello, I am needing to write some javascript (for onload) that will lookup the current logged on user, then pull a couple fields from that users entity to populate part of a http string used for an IFrame. I already have the javascript setup for the IFrame and it is working, I just need to make it dynamic depending on who is logging in. Thanks in advance for the help. Respectfully, Chris Where is your code running? As part of the CRM web (below the /isv folder)? If yes and if it is an ASP.NET application, you can use the SDK assemblies to impersonate and get to all information you ...

Going Live with GP

Migrating data from GP to GP

Delivering mails to a distribution group separately?
Hello! I�m using an Exchange 2000 Enterprise Server. Our mail accounts are hosted by a provider. The Clients are receiving there mails directly from the provider by using POP. In order to send mails to external addresses we use a single SMTP account known by the Exchange Server. This works beautyfully for ditribution groups with less than 250 receipients. With larger distribution groups we have got the problem that they are blocked by our provider. Does anybody know how to force Exchange to deliver the mails separately or in packages smaller than a determined value? Many Thanks Bernd ...

adding yes/no field
How do I add a check box field to my query field name to be "Active" I Tried Active:=yes/no,checkbox DIDN't WORK can you fix for me or is it not able to do this THANKS MARSMAN You would add the check box (binary) field to the table the query is based on then it will show in the field list of your query. Name it "active" in the table. -- Milton Purdy ACCESS State of Arkansas "MaRSMAN" wrote: > How do I add a check box field to my query field name to be "Active" > I Tried Active:=yes/no,checkbox DIDN't WORK ...

What is the Cost Center field?
Hi, In PWA 2007 SP2 and in Project Pro 2007, in resources views we can insert the Cost Center field. There is no Help about this field. How does it work? Thanks for your help Robert -- Cost Center is a free entry alphanumeric field that is one of the default fields in the Microsoft Project 2007 desktop application. Oddly enough, as you already know, this is one of the fields that has absolutely NO Help information about it. If your organization tracks Cost Center information about each resource in your Enterprise Resource Pool, I suppose you could use this default ...

GP concurrent user and SQL 2005 CAL

Distributed transaction
I would like to enable distibuted transactions on my computer, so I started MSDTC service and than I wanted to enable remote access like this: Control Panel > Adminstrative Tools > Component Services > Computers > (right click) My Computer > Properties > MS DTC (TAB) > allow remote access But in MS DTC tab I have only one option to set and that is checkbox for "Use local coordinator". I have SQL2008 enterprise edition and windows 7. Any suggestion? Thanks Simon Prolly want to search the web. MSDTC config can be a real B-TCH! There are nume...

Fabrication and GP

Upgrading from GP 9 to GP 10

GP 9 Upgrade and SQL Server 2000 sp4

Creating a Distribution List in OUTLOOK 2007
Hello, Is there a way to create a DISTRIBUTION LIST in OUTLOOK 2007 that contains contacts with a specific feature WITHOUT adding members one by one? E.g., I need a distribution list of all contacts whose e-mail address is in a particular domain. The following sequence DOES NOT work: CONTACTS ---> ACTIONS ---> NEW DISTRIBUTION LIST ---> SELECT MEMBERS ----> SEARCH (MORE COLUMNS) When I entered the domain name in the search window, I got no results. Thus, OUTLOOK did not search the entries of the e-mail addresses. Thank you for your help. ATK "...

Moving Pivot Chart Fields on a chart sheet
Does anyone know how I would move a field after my pivot chart is created? The value button is right in the way of my pie chart and the program is not allowing me to move it out of the way of the % w/leader lines. Thanks You can hide the field buttons: On the pivot toolbar, choose PivotChart>Hide Pivot Chart Field buttons sherobot wrote: > Does anyone know how I would move a field after my pivot chart is created? > The value button is right in the way of my pie chart and the program is not > allowing me to move it out of the way of the % w/leader lines. > > Thanks &...

Payroll GP 10.0

MS CRM integration to GP
Hello Can any one update me wheather the mutiple company databases can be integrated to MSCRM. The senario is this. a company has mutiple entities using GP 7.5 and unique sql databases,require to integrate mscrm with gp. The integration that is supplied by MS only allows you to integrate with 1 company DB. You could probably use some of the components that are provided, but you will need to develop some of the integration logic yourself to address this. Matt On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 05:34:31 -0800, "ramki@loayoman.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello &g...

Error installing CRM- General access denied error
I'm getting the following error message when trying installing MSCRM 3.0: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.AddServiceAccountsToSqlAccessGroupAction failed. General access denied error Installation log: ========== 11:13:43| Error| Install exception.System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.AddServiceAccountsToSqlAccessGroupAction failed. ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: General access denied error at System.DirectoryServices.Interop.IAds.SetInfo() at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.CommitChanges() at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.Utility.ADUtilit...

error in GP
When I try to generate a Historical Aged Trial Balance my computer freezes then gives me this error message. "The stored procedure pmHistoricalAgedTrialBalance returned the following results DBMS:208, GP:0 This is path I use to get to the report: Reports/Purchasing/Trial Balance/Historical Aged Trial Balance. We have been having problems with other reports because of the change from 2005 to 2006. I appreciate the assistance. ------=_NextPart_0001_AF5FCF35 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jason, This is Lisa. Thank you for your inquiry on the Historica...

GP General Ledger Distribution Reference Field Length
Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference field beyond 30 characters? No, I'm afraid it is not possible. "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D76FF64-76BE-4FCE-812F-2AC8519BAB4D@microsoft.com... : Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference : field beyond 30 characters? Just curious, why do you need a longer field length - for drill down purposes or for report printing purposes? "Pam" wrote: > Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Refer...

Business Portal (BP) and Great Plains (GP)
We do not have all the fields in the Ledger Transaction Summary History Table (BP) available as we do in the Account Transaction table in GP i.e. can't find TRX Date in BP but have it GP. Is there any control when installing the BP software with respect to what fields for a table will be displayed and can be used in constructing queries in BP? How do we get access to additional fields in BP? Kimmer, Thanks for using the newsgroups. The Ledger Transaction Summary History entity maps to the Account Summary History table. The Account Transaction History table is not exposed th...

int field type
In the CRM, the only integer number field is int. I wanted to know what is the maximum length (highest number) this field can be. I use MS Access and there Microsoft has an integer field and a long integer field (the long integer field is used for keys (autonumbers). I don't remember what the field types are in SQL Server. Thanks, Stanley CRM use the standard SQL integer to store number values. This is a 32-bit value which can store values from -2147483647 to 2147483647 -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) CRM/.NET Consultant Aviva IT Tools for CRM Developers and Administrators http://...

Feedback on GP Time and Attendance
I am looking for some feedback on GP 9 / BP 3 version of Time and Attendance. We are using non Payroll, Canadian version, of GP Time and Attendance and we are experiencing many limitations. What is your experience with this product? Any other similar product you'd recommend? Thanks in advance, Bruno ...

Update table field by content in another field in the same table
My table has OriginatorID and Originator fields. I want the OriginatorID field to update automatically when content is entered in the Originator field. The table that contains the data for these fields is called ASSIGNEES. It has three fields: ID (primary key-autonum), ASSIGN-NAMES (text), and EMAILADDRESS (text). Originator ID in the table is the same as ID in the ASSIGNEES table. ASSIGN-NAMES is the content for Originator field . Thank you in advance for yuor assistance. Linda I am not 100% sure that I understand what you are attempting to achieve however, I will give you...