GP Dynamics 6.0 install.

I'm trying to install GP Dynamics 6.0 on a new machine without benefit
of the installation cd.  We've got licenses but have lost the cd.

Does anyone have any pointers on installing on a new machine from an
existing working installation, or any ideas on where to find a cd, or
at least download the install files from the cd?

Thanks!

0
twbanks (2)

You might be able to get a replacement CD from MBS (800-456-0025). If you
can find a partner in your area, it is possible that the partner has a
Dynamics 6 CD.

"twbanks" <twbanks@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to install GP Dynamics 6.0 on a new machine without benefit
> of the installation cd.  We've got licenses but have lost the cd.
>
> Does anyone have any pointers on installing on a new machine from an
> existing working installation, or any ideas on where to find a cd, or
> at least download the install files from the cd?
>
> Thanks!

0
callen1071 (408)
1/20/2005 5:12:27 AM
I'd say you might have a problem when and if you want to upgrade. GP 4.0 was
before my time but I would think that 5.0 or 5.5 will be the first step. Do
you have those cds?

> MBS won't support it, they've sunsetted the product and all support for
> versions that old.  The partner that we work with doesn't have cd's for
> this version.  And to compound matters, I've just found that it's 4.0,
> not 6.0.

0
callen1071 (408)
1/22/2005 3:58:48 AM
I'll agree that getting any support for such an old version may prove to be
a great challenge.

I'll ask around to see if we can find 4.0 disks/CDs. I'm sure you must have
considered upgrading.  If you don't mind, would you satisfy my curiosity and
tell me why you haven't upgraded?

HS

"Charles Allen" <callen@bkd.com> wrote in message
> I'd say you might have a problem when and if you want to upgrade. GP 4.0
> was before my time but I would think that 5.0 or 5.5 will be the first
> step. Do you have those cds?
>
> "twbanks" <twbanks@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> MBS won't support it, they've sunsetted the product and all support for
>> versions that old.  The partner that we work with doesn't have cd's for
>> this version.  And to compound matters, I've just found that it's 4.0,
>> not 6.0.

0
HSalim (1270)
1/22/2005 6:19:20 PM
Hi TW,

I had a look through a box of old CD's that hadn't been turned into coasters yet
and wonder of wonders, I have a pristine Dynamics Release 4.0 CD.

How do I get it to you? Where are you located - I am in Alberta Canada. You will
have to respond via the newsgroup for now.

Lyle

On 20 Jan 2005 08:34:29 -0800, "twbanks" <twbanks@gmail.com> wrote:

>MBS won't support it, they've sunsetted the product and all support for
>versions that old.  The partner that we work with doesn't have cd's for
>this version.  And to compound matters, I've just found that it's 4.0,
>not 6.0.

Thanks to all who responded.  MSBS was finally kind enough to burn and
send me a cd (only after talking to about 6 different people and
getting 6 different answers).

HSalim - I don't know.  I just started at this company and that's the
way it is.  Partially I believe it's due to a lack of desire to revisit
some custom coding we would have to modify to upgrade.

0
twbanks (2)
2/21/2005 9:27:12 PM
 I did find a colleague who had an old set of disks but assumed that you
would have taken up Lyle's offer.  Sorry to have dropped the ball; good to
know that your problem was solved.

You should talk to your GP Partner.  Some else I know was in a similar
situation  They were still on ver 5.5  - they had a lot of customizations
and were resisting the upgrades. To their good luck, much of the
functionality they had added as customizations were now available in the new
version, although not in exactly the same way that they had.  They decided
to upgrade, mostly because they did not want to be without support in case
of an emergency.  While they will still require a minor customization, it
was not the monster they were expecting.

Regards
HS

> Thanks to all who responded.  MSBS was finally kind enough to burn and
> send me a cd (only after talking to about 6 different people and
> getting 6 different answers).
>
> HSalim - I don't know.  I just started at this company and that's the
> way it is.  Partially I believe it's due to a lack of desire to revisit
> some custom coding we would have to modify to upgrade.

0
HSalim (1270)

Going Live with GP

!!! Outlook 2000 v9.0.0.2711 !!!
I am using Windows XP Pro with sp1 and outlook 2000 for e- mail. I am going to be updating, when available, to xpsp2. Questions I have: Will this new update to xpsp2 interfere with the way my Outlook now works? Are there steps I need to take beforehand? Do I have to make sure I have all necessary updates for Outlook before install of xpsp2? How do I know if I have all necessary updates for outlook? I used Windows Update and have all critical updates that I need. There are 12 optional updates but I am going to download only 6. 1. Windows update does not touch Office. You will need t...

Dynamic range in chart
Hi, I have created a named range called Net_CLI which has the following formula =INDIRECT("Trends!$C$4:$" & VLOOKUP(COUNTA(Trends!$B$4:$V$4),'Legend Sheet'!$B$31:$C$50,2,FALSE) & "$4") Presently I expect the vlookup part of the above formula to return H, so in all I expect the named range to give me ----> Trends!$C$4:$H$4 If I use the above named range in Data Validation, then I get the relevant values in drop down. But If I have a chart (in the same worksheet) in which for the first series in place of existing entry in the values textbox as =Trends...

MSCRM 3.0 database
Hi, Does anybody about the MSCRM 3.0 database, does it use the same schema as 1.x? In other words will there be any data conversion needed when upgrading? I browsed through the MS whitepaper about upgrading but I did not see anything about upgrading the DB or data migration. So I assumed that just the application will be upgraded (as well as email router etc.) and the 1.x version database will remain the same. But on the other hand, since for example there will be a possibility in the 3.0 to create custom entities, I'm not sure if they can handle everything with the old schema. If anybod...

percentages #6
Confused... i can not seem to get the sum of $33.00 - 7% (it equals $30.69) ho do i do that on an excel worksheet? please help... -- johnsmit ----------------------------------------------------------------------- johnsmith's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2635 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39620 I dont get it... its probibly the most simple function... but I cant figure it out. Please Help -- johnsmith ------------------------------------------------------------------------ johnsmith's Profile: ...

Migrating data from GP to GP

Business Portal 4.0 install Dynamics GP10
I am having the same problem that states: The following selected items are not registered or are not installed in the back office: Business Portal Key Performance Indicators Project Time and Expense eOrder I have followed the TK to run the repair on Dexterity, I checked the SY01500, SY03500, DB_Upgrade, and DU00020 tables and all are fine. I also checked in GP under Options and verified the modules listed above are all registered. What else do I need to check? -- Ryan Ryan, Thanks for using the newsgroups. Here are a couple things to check. 1. ...

DHCP on fresh 2008 install.
I have disabled the router DHCP. If I do ipconfig /all (after restarting it) on the server amongst the stuff is: DHCP Enabled = no. I have restarted a PC on the network (server has no PCs connected yet) and it seems to have a correct address 192.168 3 x. Is the DHCP server really off and is so how do I start it? Note I have only just loaded SBS2008 on the server so little config has been done. Slowly does it! -- happyhacker ------------------------------------------------------------------------ happyhacker's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/188993.htm View t...

GP concurrent user and SQL 2005 CAL

Re-Installing Excell 2000 on new computer
I purchased Excell 2000 and installed on Dell 8200 w/windows ME. Hard drive crashed. Aquired new Dell 8300 w/ windows XP. Trying to install but windows will not except product key. "Can't find previously installed program on system". Any help would be greatly appreciated. You are presumably using an Upgrade version which requires that you ca prove ownership of a prior version. You can use any setup disk (CD o floppy disk 1) containing a qualifying Microsoft product and refer th new setup to that. I think you get the option to browse with the "no found" message...

Installing MSCRMv3 SBE in a non-SBS scenario
Is it possible to install Microsoft CRM 3.0 Small Business Edition onto a setup where Small Business Server Premium does NOT exist, and where fully licensed products of Windows 2003, MSSQL and Exchange Server are present? If this is possible (technically), are there license restrictions on the CRM Licensing side? TIA CRM v3.0 SBS Edition is written specifically for SBS Server and will not install on any other version of Windows Server. It has hooks for things like faxing, etc... Don't know about the license restrictions, but I am sure they are in the fine print someplace. hth &...

Unable to install 11.3.6 update...
This is really odd. When I try to install the 11.3.6 update for Office Mac (either from auto update or from download on Microsoft website), I get the standard error that I don't have the correct version installed. I have verified from the Read Me file as the error message says that I do have version 11.3.5 installed. I've verified my specs. Here are my specs: PowerBook G4 1.25 Mhz Mac OS 10.4.10 Office 2004 11.3.5 The only thing the Read Me recommends to do is to trash Office and reinstall from the disk and reapply updates. I REALLY don't want to have to do that. Any ideas o...

Fabrication and GP

Upgrading from GP 9 to GP 10

GP 9 Upgrade and SQL Server 2000 sp4

Payroll GP 10.0

Sample Data install
Got CRM up and running okay. Added a few records but then decided to take the tutorial and so load the sample data. Followed the instructions located @ http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/mscrm/mscrm1/maintain/20_samdb.mspx There were no errors whilst following these instructions. Now the system appears to have no data present, though the databse appears to still contain the records I had previously created. Any idea how I access the sample database? Thanks Thanks Lonny We did have five users available in AD and did not get the message that the system was overwriting...

Can't install Server 2008 Service pack 2 (x64)
i keep getting error code 800F0826 with no other info. trying to install on my sbs 2008 premium box. any suggestions?? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0048_01CA8ED5.5AF75FA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Are you using the Microsoft tool to make this installation possible? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=3Den&FamilyID= =3Dffd2fe61-9278-489e-9b96-3816394c9cb6 "BadBoy House" <mrchrishouse@googlemail.com> wrote in mess...

Vlookup returns "0"

Importing OE 6 folders from ME to XP?
Hello, My question is in regards to importing Outlook Express folders from a machine with Windows ME to a machine with Windows XP. The XP machine already has folders set up with many ancestry mails that cannot be lost. If I export from the ME to the XP machine will the current XP folders and mail be deleted from the XP machine or just added to the current XP OE folders? Sorry if this is confusing but I have been unable to find any answer on this. I just am not sure if the old OE folder contents will be added to the new OE folder contents without deleting the new OE folder mail. Thanks Ka...

Security Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB956744) Cannot Install.
For Windows Server 2003. This is a standard Windows Update that I try to install but get a message that it failed to install. I can't find any source to tell me why it won't or what I can do about it. I am not getting an error code of any sort - it is just listed under "not installed" when I get my update installation screen at the end of the installs. Can anyone help please? I downloaded the update manually from: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=a37a2d8a-a5ce-4f06-bf07-8cafa16e7a59&displaylang=en Ran it, and then ran Check U...

MS CRM integration to GP
Hello Can any one update me wheather the mutiple company databases can be integrated to MSCRM. The senario is this. a company has mutiple entities using GP 7.5 and unique sql databases,require to integrate mscrm with gp. The integration that is supplied by MS only allows you to integrate with 1 company DB. You could probably use some of the components that are provided, but you will need to develop some of the integration logic yourself to address this. Matt On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 05:34:31 -0800, "ramki@loayoman.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello &g...

How do I catch orchestration exception using eConnect 8.0
Hello, the exception I am getting in Biztalk Health & Activity Tracking: Quote: Microsoft.GreatPlain.eConnect.eConnectException: Sql procedure error codes returned: Error Number = 7149 Stored Procedure taRMTransaction Error Description = The Salesperson entered(SLPRSNID) does not exist in the Salesperson Master Table. UnQuote How do I catch "Microsoft.GreatPlain.eConnect.eConnectException" in my orchestration? Thanks in advance for your help. -- mj ------=_NextPart_0001_013BBFE8 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi RNJ, We do not suggest, nor supp...

error in GP
When I try to generate a Historical Aged Trial Balance my computer freezes then gives me this error message. "The stored procedure pmHistoricalAgedTrialBalance returned the following results DBMS:208, GP:0 This is path I use to get to the report: Reports/Purchasing/Trial Balance/Historical Aged Trial Balance. We have been having problems with other reports because of the change from 2005 to 2006. I appreciate the assistance. ------=_NextPart_0001_AF5FCF35 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jason, This is Lisa. Thank you for your inquiry on the Historica...