GP Detailed Trial Balance Report

Hello all, we are getting some strange numbers from the trial balance detail
report.. Here is what's happening.

we do a section or accounts and by date select just posting accounts and
open year.

the report then shows only 2 decimal places so for instance an account was
posted with a  credit value of 144.702 and a debit of 1281.96 which if you
calculate gives you a value of 1137.258 which great plains in the account
number footer shows as 1137.25 for the net change.  On the the report total
for net change GP shows 133,964.83.  when you actually calculate the total of
net change amount for each individual account you get 133,964.8.. 3cents
difference... Now I imagine this is some sort of rounding issue which i need
to make it so the report shows either rounding or not but as long as it's
consistent.

could not find any articles on this issues specifically and help would be
appreciated..
0
Bam (11)

Have you tried using the report writer function rw_Decimal_Round?
It's a User-Defined Function under System.This just might do it.

"bam" wrote:

> Hello all, we are getting some strange numbers from the trial balance detail
> report.. Here is what's happening.
>
> we do a section or accounts and by date select just posting accounts and
> open year.
>
> the report then shows only 2 decimal places so for instance an account was
> posted with a  credit value of 144.702 and a debit of 1281.96 which if you
> calculate gives you a value of 1137.258 which great plains in the account
> number footer shows as 1137.25 for the net change.  On the the report total
> for net change GP shows 133,964.83.  when you actually calculate the total of
> net change amount for each individual account you get 133,964.8.. 3cents
> difference... Now I imagine this is some sort of rounding issue which i need
> to make it so the report shows either rounding or not but as long as it's
> consistent.
>
> could not find any articles on this issues specifically and help would be
> appreciated..
0
MCA (31)
4/19/2007 1:42:02 AM
i am only somewhat familiar with RW and could not seem to find a
rw_decimal_round.  I would imagine that I would have to do this to not only
the net change but the credit and debit as well to make everything come out
to equal correct?

"MCA" wrote:

> Have you tried using the report writer function rw_Decimal_Round?
> It's a User-Defined Function under System.This just might do it.
>

> "bam" wrote:
>
> > Hello all, we are getting some strange numbers from the trial balance detail
> > report.. Here is what's happening.
> >
> > we do a section or accounts and by date select just posting accounts and
> > open year.
> >
> > the report then shows only 2 decimal places so for instance an account was
> > posted with a  credit value of 144.702 and a debit of 1281.96 which if you
> > calculate gives you a value of 1137.258 which great plains in the account
> > number footer shows as 1137.25 for the net change.  On the the report total
> > for net change GP shows 133,964.83.  when you actually calculate the total of
> > net change amount for each individual account you get 133,964.8.. 3cents
> > difference... Now I imagine this is some sort of rounding issue which i need
> > to make it so the report shows either rounding or not but as long as it's
> > consistent.
> >
> > could not find any articles on this issues specifically and help would be
> > appreciated..
0
Bam (11)
4/19/2007 2:14:22 PM
anyone else have this issue.. I can't seem to find a clear cut way to resolve
it

"bam" wrote:

> i am only somewhat familiar with RW and could not seem to find a
> rw_decimal_round.  I would imagine that I would have to do this to not only
> the net change but the credit and debit as well to make everything come out
> to equal correct?
>
> "MCA" wrote:
>
> > Have you tried using the report writer function rw_Decimal_Round?
> > It's a User-Defined Function under System.This just might do it.
> >

> > "bam" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello all, we are getting some strange numbers from the trial balance detail
> > > report.. Here is what's happening.
> > >
> > > we do a section or accounts and by date select just posting accounts and
> > > open year.
> > >
> > > the report then shows only 2 decimal places so for instance an account was
> > > posted with a  credit value of 144.702 and a debit of 1281.96 which if you
> > > calculate gives you a value of 1137.258 which great plains in the account
> > > number footer shows as 1137.25 for the net change.  On the the report total
> > > for net change GP shows 133,964.83.  when you actually calculate the total of
> > > net change amount for each individual account you get 133,964.8.. 3cents
> > > difference... Now I imagine this is some sort of rounding issue which i need
> > > to make it so the report shows either rounding or not but as long as it's
> > > consistent.
> > >
> > > could not find any articles on this issues specifically and help would be
> > > appreciated..
0
Bam (11)
4/24/2007 5:16:04 PM
I don't have a suggestion but I just have to ask.... how do you get more
than 2 decimal places in a financial account?

bam wrote:
> Hello all, we are getting some strange numbers from the trial balance detail
> report.. Here is what's happening.
>
> we do a section or accounts and by date select just posting accounts and
> open year.
>
> the report then shows only 2 decimal places so for instance an account was
> posted with a  credit value of 144.702 and a debit of 1281.96 which if you
> calculate gives you a value of 1137.258 which great plains in the account
> number footer shows as 1137.25 for the net change.  On the the report total
> for net change GP shows 133,964.83.  when you actually calculate the total of
> net change amount for each individual account you get 133,964.8.. 3cents
> difference... Now I imagine this is some sort of rounding issue which i need
> to make it so the report shows either rounding or not but as long as it's
> consistent.
>
> could not find any articles on this issues specifically and help would be
> appreciated..
0
noyb4649 (154)

Going Live with GP

Stupid question regarding reports
I am a former Quicken user switching to Money and I have what seems to me a very dumb report question. How do I create a new report? I've looked in the help file and in the online tutorial and users guide and find plenty of references to customizing an existing report but nothing about creating a new one. I realize that it must be there somewhere. Someone please help this dummy (it would be nice if they gave you even a 5 page manual though). Bob Had me guessing for a while also. Just click on "reports" and select which one you want. Don't forget to use "custom...

Group sending of Reports via Fax
Hi, I know this might sound simple but I was wondering if there was a way to send a group of reports via Winfax as follows. The catch here is it is not sending a batch of reports which are the same, but sending different reports at the same time to different fax numbers. I have a report based on a query which looks at all the outstanding accounts for a client. Instead of opening one query at a time and going through the proceedure of sending via Print - Winfax each report, I was wondering if there was a way to send all the reports at once for all my clients. Mind you each report ...

Gainskeeper in trial and patches needed
Hi, I have MS Money 2004 Premium and i've signed up for Gainskeeper.I supposed to get one yar subscribtion but my account is shown as 30 days Trial. I contacted GK and they say that i need to download patches and GK Token from Microsoft website,however i never found such downloadable files. Will somebody help me please ? Thanks, Carlos While gazing at the Money Central site to see what all the problems were I saw that Gainskeeper trial is now just for 30 days. I got a years trial last year when I bought $2004. Aside from that I find Gainskeeper VERY worthwhile. Having over 100...

Reports
I've finally finished testing and installing a new report for client.On my development machine, the report - with thanks to all who have helped with the footer issues and PDF conversion - works just fine. The header format fits, the detail section fits, the footers print in the correct place. In 99% of the cases, all data fits on one page. The conversion from report to PDF places all text in one page and saves the file in the correct location.On the client's machine, the report splits into two pages. Now, before you say the usual: "Have you checked the margins", "wh...

Migrating data from GP to GP

Activiate a report for invoices?
Good day, I duplicated the "SOP Long History Invoice" form, and made a number of modications to the duplicated version.. Now I wish to use this form... How do I go about telling Great Plains to use my version and not the standard version? Using Great Plains 7.5. You must give yourself (and other users) permission to use the modified report. Click on Setup > System > Advanced Security HS "brother52" <brother52@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:645A1303-B33E-4564-A6BD-6BA9F73F08B4@microsoft.com... > Good day, > > I duplicated the &q...

Error: Serial Numbers and item's extended quantity do not balance
While using GP 8.0 with no service packs. Any suggestions on how to fix? In Sales Transaction Entry - I had created a repeating order and transfered it to an invoice, after clicking post is when I get the error message. "Susan L" wrote: > While using GP 8.0 with no service packs. Any suggestions on how to fix? ...

GP concurrent user and SQL 2005 CAL

Fabrication and GP

Start Report Writer
I'm kinda a newbie to MS Dynamics GP but I'm looking to write a custom report as the report I need isn't built. I would expect that the Report Writer would be the way to go but when I click the Tools Menu, select Customize, the Report Writer is grayed out. Can anyone tell me how to get the RW started? By default, a user is not given access to Report Writer. In security, select the Product: Microsoft Dynamics GP, Type: Customization Tools and Series: Customization Tools to give access to your user. If you are using Advanced Security, Report Writer can be found under Tool...

restart trial?
I had previously installed the trial version of Money Plus Deluxe, but never had time to actually try it out before it expired. Now I would like to try it and it keeps telling me that my trial has expired. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I have also tried deleting the old .mny file. I even trie using a different Microsoft Live account. Nothing is working to reset the trial time. Is there anything I can do? I want to try it out and show it to my wife for a couple of months before we pay for the software. Is there anything I can do to reset the trial period and start ...

Access 2003 Report generation
I have a report that contains the .Line method to draw a series of boxes around controls that can vary in size depending on their data content. I would like to have each box shape filled with a colour suitable to its control data, rather than have a back-fill for the control data. Can you please give me an idea as to how to code it. I have tried the .FillColor property but without success. Thanks. It would have helped if you had provided your existing code. However, I have been able to shade a background with code like: Private Sub Detail_Print(Cancel As Integer, PrintCount As...

Detailed Sales Reort time issue
When you run the HQ detailed sales report, it does it by 12:00am to 11:59pm (24hrs)by default. I have a customer needs to run this report from the time of 8:00am to 7:59am. How do I get the report to change for that particular time instead of using the default 12:00am to 11:59pm? Thanks for your support Dave Dave, This will get you started. There is a Detailed Sales Report by Hour on Partner/CustomerSource. http://tinyurl.com/b8949 -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file atta...

GP 9 Upgrade and SQL Server 2000 sp4

merge existing report into an excel spreadsheet
Hi! We receive monthly reports from other companies and other resources, is there a simple way to merge these reports into an excel spreadsheet or access database? Thanks in advance! Chelle Almost certainly, but you'll have to give us more to work with. Cheers Gromi -- Gromi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Gromit's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=92 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31995 ...

Upgrading from GP 9 to GP 10

Payroll GP 10.0

error in GP
When I try to generate a Historical Aged Trial Balance my computer freezes then gives me this error message. "The stored procedure pmHistoricalAgedTrialBalance returned the following results DBMS:208, GP:0 This is path I use to get to the report: Reports/Purchasing/Trial Balance/Historical Aged Trial Balance. We have been having problems with other reports because of the change from 2005 to 2006. I appreciate the assistance. ------=_NextPart_0001_AF5FCF35 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Jason, This is Lisa. Thank you for your inquiry on the Historica...

Convert 2002 D/B to 2000 shows no details
When I attempt to use the [Tools];[Database Utility]; to [Convert Database]; to Access 2000 format from Access XP, the resulting database doesn't display anything in the Detail View. All tables and queries appear to be present in LIST View and ICON Views but when DETAIL View is selected the entire display is blank. Is there a "Select Details" option in Access as there is in Windows Explorer? "Tom" <tvandeveer@ldmi.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:000701c3dea6$9c1b5440$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I attempt to use the [Tools];[Database Utility]; to > ...

Can I still get Visio 2003 trial download?
My computer has all Office 2003 products on it, but no Visio. I'm not wild about downloading a trial of Visio 2007 due to possible conflicts & issues with my 2003 products, plus the added learning curve. Is Visio 2003 still available anywhere for download? I haven't been able to find it. Thanks, -- Scott I'd suspect you'll have no luck in getting the 2003 trial version. Michael "ScottH" <ScottH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0FF495E-19C6-4096-9AB7-EADD6FA59A1F@microsoft.com... > My computer has all Office 2003 products on it, ...

Balance problems
To start I manually enter all transactions. I'm having troble with balances on the screen everthing is good then when I go to print I get a very different running balance. It started a couple month ago. I even started from scratch and after balancing last months checking account it is doing the same thing. I have been using money for many years and this is the first time I've seriously thought of changing programs In microsoft.public.money, tvan wrote: >To start I manually enter all transactions. I'm having troble with balances >on the screen everthing is good then wh...

MS CRM integration to GP
Hello Can any one update me wheather the mutiple company databases can be integrated to MSCRM. The senario is this. a company has mutiple entities using GP 7.5 and unique sql databases,require to integrate mscrm with gp. The integration that is supplied by MS only allows you to integrate with 1 company DB. You could probably use some of the components that are provided, but you will need to develop some of the integration logic yourself to address this. Matt On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 05:34:31 -0800, "ramki@loayoman.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello &g...

GP General Ledger Distribution Reference Field Length
Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference field beyond 30 characters? No, I'm afraid it is not possible. "Pam" <Pam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D76FF64-76BE-4FCE-812F-2AC8519BAB4D@microsoft.com... : Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Reference : field beyond 30 characters? Just curious, why do you need a longer field length - for drill down purposes or for report printing purposes? "Pam" wrote: > Is there a way of expanding the field length of the Distribution Refer...